Post Poll... Britain decided to... Page 1301

• fontgeeksogood 11 Feb 2019 19:35:31 5,245 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 months ago
    HAS ANYONE SEEN GAVIN
  • GoatApocalypse 11 Feb 2019 19:58:55 5,398 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    He should shut up, he should go away, he should enhance his lethality and increase his mass
  • Load_2.0 11 Feb 2019 20:21:05 28,893 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Whenever I am back in New Zealand I get a reality check on prices. Groceries, clothes and pharmacy products are expensive. Occasionally you might get a few bargains but you definitely get more for your money in the UK.
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 11 Feb 2019 20:22:47 9,614 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    GoatApocalypse wrote:
    A brave call in the Grayling paradigm, but Gavin Williamson is the worst Secretary of State we've ever had.
    Grayling is an idiot but the tarantula stuff puts Williamson over the top in the tit stakes
  • thelzdking 11 Feb 2019 20:28:56 9,154 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Load_2.0 wrote:
    Whenever I am back in New Zealand I get a reality check on prices. Groceries, clothes and pharmacy products are expensive. Occasionally you might get a few bargains but you definitely get more for your money in the UK.
    Too right. It was a bit of an eye-opener to see prices really reflect the seasons, so that the cost of broccoli, for example, quintuples in the winter. In a way it's good because it makes you more conscious of the 'true' cost of food, but I also like broccoli year-round.

When I'm back in the UK everything seems so cheap all the time.
  • JamboWayOh 11 Feb 2019 20:36:15 12,179 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    thelzdking wrote:
    Load_2.0 wrote:
    Too right. It was a bit of an eye-opener to see prices really reflect the seasons, so that the cost of broccoli, for example, quintuples in the winter. In a way it's good because it makes you more conscious of the 'true' cost of food, but I also like broccoli year-round.

I guess you can't tell what you're eating when it's a meal cooked by Lzdmother
  • thelzdking 11 Feb 2019 20:41:24 9,154 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    JamboWayOh wrote:
    thelzdking wrote:
    Load_2.0 wrote:

I guess you can't tell what you're eating when it's a meal cooked by Lzdmother
    I do miss her 'Mexican chicken'...
  • JamboWayOh 11 Feb 2019 20:45:57 12,179 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @thelzdking

Is that Mexican by way of Lincoln?
  • thelzdking 11 Feb 2019 20:55:09 9,154 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @JamboWayOh

And by the way of the drizzling shits. Served with the most Mexican of accompaniments, potato croquettes.
  • JamboWayOh 11 Feb 2019 21:00:55 12,179 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    El patas croqettas.
  • nickthegun 11 Feb 2019 21:20:54 77,097 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    thelzdking wrote:
    Load_2.0 wrote:

I was astonished at how much things cost in south africa. Anything involving labour is cheap, but actual things are ridiculously expensive.

We have got a real punch in the dick on the horizon.
  • Psychotext 11 Feb 2019 21:44:11 64,869 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    We'll be like America where processed shite is dirt cheap, but everything else requires a second job.
  • JamboWayOh 11 Feb 2019 21:47:30 12,179 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Psychotext wrote:
    We'll be like America where processed shite is dirt cheap, contains mystery ingredients but you can't ask what or the maker will sue you but everything else requires a second job.
    FTFY
  • fontgeeksogood 11 Feb 2019 21:49:51 5,245 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 months ago
    Groceries are a bit more expensive here than London but eating out is cheaper by a bigger margin.

We don't have chlorinated chicken but our beef works out a lot so has hormone therapy
  • Razz 11 Feb 2019 21:56:17 596 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    I was astonished at how much things cost in south africa. Anything involving labour is cheap, but actual things are ridiculously expensive.

We have got a real punch in the dick on the horizon.
    SA's not that bad, only if you do all your shopping in laanie Woolworths whole food-esque places. Pick'n'pay, shoprite et al have "normal" prices. Just talking about food and clothing. Electronics is a different story, eish...
  • nickthegun 11 Feb 2019 22:19:41 77,097 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    That's what I was talking about, really. I broke some sunglasses while I was over there and even a shit pair cost a fortune to replace them.
  • nickthegun 11 Feb 2019 22:24:18 77,097 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    fontgeeksogood wrote:
    Groceries are a bit more expensive here than London but eating out is cheaper by a bigger margin.
    That's kind of a London thing, though. My brother's foreign wife had never left London in ten years, so when he took her rate up north to meet the family, she was shocked that you could get food and drinks in a decent pub for six people for the price they usually paid for two.

Getting change out of a fiver for a pint was also quite the novelty.
  • nudistpete 11 Feb 2019 22:27:37 597 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Post deleted
  • jonsaan 11 Feb 2019 22:32:32 26,901 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Ever been out eating and drinking in Stockholm folks? Hugely expensive. Rivals Zurich for the most expensive place I visit regularly. I have paid 12 quid for a pint before.
  • Psychotext 11 Feb 2019 23:43:16 64,869 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    jonsaan wrote:
    Ever been out eating and drinking in Stockholm folks? Hugely expensive. Rivals Zurich for the most expensive place I visit regularly. I have paid 12 quid for a pint before.
    Reykjavik is worse.

I fucking love Stockholm though. Need to visit again soon.
  • Armoured_Bear 12 Feb 2019 00:06:39 26,212 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/theresa-may-no-deal-brexit-fallback-plan_uk_5c617348e4b0910c63f30fc8
  • Psychotext 12 Feb 2019 02:02:44 64,869 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Yay. =/
  • fontgeeksogood 12 Feb 2019 06:06:49 5,245 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 months ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    fontgeeksogood wrote:
    That's kind of a London thing, though. My brother's foreign wife had never left London in ten years, so when he took her rate up north to meet the family, she was shocked that you could get food and drinks in a decent pub for six people for the price they usually paid for two.

Getting change out of a fiver for a pint was also quite the novelty.
    It's still massively cheaper to eat out in Vancouver than other UK places. Restaurants are cheaper here. Probably to make up for the real estate prices
  • Load_2.0 12 Feb 2019 08:36:38 28,893 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    What's the average poutine price?

Not to slag off my birth country again but... Eating out in NZ is also expensive.

Breakfast is the worst, you wont find a cafe doing a 5 quid breakfast but you can get charged twice that for an average eggs benedict or fry up.

At the higher end establishments its probably on a par but for pub food or similair you're probably paying double London prices.
  • JoelStinty 12 Feb 2019 08:58:40 7,594 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I think for the first time last night I was genuinely worried about the likely hood of a no deal.

If we do leave without one, we're fucked. 2/3rds of our entire social/econimic/political etc life are intertwined with the EU and trade deals. With a no deal that all disappears and it looks like there is nothing there at all to replace any thing that we lose.
  • askew 12 Feb 2019 09:03:04 18,797 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Will o’ da people, Joel.

You wouldn’t want to betray the will o’ da people, would you, you saboteur metropolitan elite.
  • challenge_hanukkah 12 Feb 2019 09:07:14 10,244 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I'm going to start raising my own livestock.

And by this I mean kidnap the neighborhood cats and dogs and stick them in my freezer.
  • X201 12 Feb 2019 09:19:03 19,067 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    challenge_hanukkah wrote:
    I'm going to start raising my own livestock.

And by this I mean kidnap the neighborhood cats and dogs and stick them in my freezer.
    I will give you exclusive rights to go cat harvesting in my garden.
    My garden used to be full of birds, now thanks to neighbour's cats and the cat lady in the next street with her seven, the birds don't bother any more.:-(:-(
  • TheSaint 12 Feb 2019 11:06:12 18,464 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Here's some news to cheer everyone up:

Theresa May would gain seats and win a tiny majority if there were a general election now, according to a YouGov poll and analysis for the Times. The findings probably deserve more attention than conventional surveys because this is not a standard poll. Instead, YouGov polled more than 40,000 adults and then used a system called multilevel regression and post-stratification (MRP) to predict results for all seats in Britain, based on constituency demographics. A YouGov MRP analysis before the 2017 correctly predicted a hung parliament when almost all conventional polling suggested the Tories were going to win.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.