No 2nd Referendum
    No Deal
    No No-Deal
    No Hope
    No Clue
  • Graxlar_v3 14 Mar 2019 17:25:23 5,445 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    also my local mp is a Cunt! - thankfully i didn't vote for him.

Charles Walker voted against the governmentís amended motion ruling out a no-deal Brexit
    (Broxbourne, Conservative)
    Charles Walker
    AGAINST

Voting record on the following amendments:
    For
    Malthouse Compromise amendment to delay Brexit until 22 May and then leave the EU without a full agreement in place. (Amendment failed)

Against
    Cooper amendment ruling out no-deal Brexit at any time. (Amendment passed)
  • Frogofdoom 14 Mar 2019 17:25:47 12,149 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    No forrinz
  • Graxlar_v3 14 Mar 2019 17:27:02 5,445 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @sport no one has voted against revoking article 50 yet.

I feel like someone should have the balls to drop that mic
  • nickthegun 14 Mar 2019 17:28:40 76,794 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    My local MP has been voting turbo brexit at every opportunity, despite us being a remain constituency, the Tory cunt that he is.
  • Khanivor 14 Mar 2019 17:32:17 43,957 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Remember when Greece got their shit together enough so that Grexit never happened?
  • KnuttinAtoll 14 Mar 2019 17:36:25 6,864 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    askew wrote:
    KnuttinAtoll wrote:
    Just to lift spirits in this thread a little, I learned this morning that Farage's deffo not tax avoiding company is called Thorn In The Side Ltd.

And gained a sweet half a mill in asset value the year after he declared himself broke.

Makes you want to wish him getting stuck in a Groundhog Day loop, for when he had that plane crash.
    TITS Ltd?

Oh Nigel, you scamp, you.
    Heh. And instead of Ltd he should've used Unlimited & Partners for extra points.
  • Graxlar_v3 14 Mar 2019 17:37:44 5,445 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Pleased a short term extension was voted down. It wonít ache I e anything except to give may more opportunities to put her deal across to the house.

Meaningful extension at least pls
  • challenge_hanukkah 14 Mar 2019 17:38:01 9,974 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @nickthegun Which twat is that?

I'm compiling a list for a hitman I've got booked for March 30th.
  • ZuluHero 14 Mar 2019 17:52:07 7,191 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    This will probably make me a bit unpopular, but I think it's a bit unfair to call leave voters names or worse, especially when they've been a bit mislead or have some misguided opinions.

I'm sure quite a few people have both camps in their friends or family, it's quite a divisive topic after all, but I don't really believe it deserves so much hostility.

Whichever way you look at it, we're all in it together now... So there's some common ground?
  • challenge_hanukkah 14 Mar 2019 17:57:29 9,974 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    ZuluHero wrote:
    This will probably make me a bit unpopular, but I think it's a bit unfair to call leave voters names or worse, especially when they've been a bit mislead or have some misguided opinions.

I'm sure quite a few people have both camps in their friends or family, it's quite a divisive topic after all, but I don't really believe it deserves so much hostility.

Whichever way you look at it, we're all in it together now... So there's some common ground?
    They've fucked us into the ground and by and large take absolutely no responsibility for it whatsoever.

They can all get into the sea.

Edited by challenge_hanukkah at 17:58:23 14-03-2019
  • AboutHalfaStevas 14 Mar 2019 17:57:53 1,521 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Nope.
    For example, I'm currently undecided on what percentage of cunt/racist/idiot make up my own parents.
    I need to settle on what to call them though, as I'm seeing them soon.
  • disusedgenius 14 Mar 2019 17:58:18 9,597 posts
    Seen 1 second ago ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    ZuluHero wrote:
    This is probably the correct thing to say, I just don't have it in me.

The one silver lining of all this is that the idiots who voted for it will probably also take the brunt of the fallout. Does that count as common ground?
  • Thiery_Salem 14 Mar 2019 17:58:47 15 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 1 month ago
    Vote against Theresa May's deal - check!
    Vote against no-deal Brexit - check!
    Vote against second referendum - check!

WHAT DO YOU WANT???
  • AboutHalfaStevas 14 Mar 2019 17:59:58 1,521 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Maybe raceuntiot?

Cuntiotist?

Idioeracecunt?

Okay, panic over, I think I've nailed it.
  • ZuluHero 14 Mar 2019 18:01:40 7,191 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Anyway... only 2 votes to keep brexit in the governments hands, but kind of proves the point that beyond all the rhetoric, nobody else really wants to touch that chalice...
  • disusedgenius 14 Mar 2019 18:03:21 9,597 posts
    Seen 1 second ago ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    ZuluHero wrote:
    Anyway... only 2 votes to keep brexit in the governments hands, but kind of proves the point that beyond all the rhetoric, nobody else really wants to touch that chalice...
    How so? That's smaller than the government majority by a small amount. It means that the opposition is pretty much united in wanting to get a say.
  • KnuttinAtoll 14 Mar 2019 18:04:32 6,864 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    ZuluHero wrote:

On the other hand, in this very information age where everyone who has a grasp of the English language (yeah...) can quickly go on the internet (which is NOT just comprised of Facebook and Twitter) and fact check whatever is going on, and also what the EU is actually about, and not believe any old shit some untrustworthy politician tells them.

People shouldn't get let off for being too ignorant/lazy/thick/whatever to make an informed decision.

If they can't or won't do that, there's always the option to abstain, *particularly* when it comes to long lasting and wide ranging decisions such as Brexit.
  • JamboWayOh 14 Mar 2019 18:09:56 11,831 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    ZuluHero wrote:

In this case I'm very comfortable in calling my sister and mother absolute garden sheds for voting leave.
  • askew 14 Mar 2019 18:12:14 18,646 posts
    Seen 43 seconds ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Good job the votes on those amendments arenít binding, right?
  • challenge_hanukkah 14 Mar 2019 18:13:08 9,974 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Is it too late for Chaos with Miliband?
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 14 Mar 2019 18:14:53 18,498 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    My mother voted leave but she posted her vote back to herself. That's the kind of thing we're dealing with here.
  • CrispyXUKTurbo 14 Mar 2019 18:17:06 1,726 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    ZuluHero wrote:

Itís not unfair, these uninformed cunts have been fucking the country for years because they lack having done minimal research beyond being spoon fed from the daily mail.
  • Zomoniac 14 Mar 2019 18:17:21 9,938 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    ZuluHero wrote:
    Perhaps. But I think itís fair that anyone who still thinks itís a good idea now be held in the highest contempt.
  • grey_matters 14 Mar 2019 18:21:10 4,536 posts
    Seen 53 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Decks wrote:
    My mother voted leave but she posted her vote back to herself. That's the kind of thing we're dealing with here.
    :D
    This made me giggle out loud here at work like a schoolgirl. It also made me like your mother a bit, which was a bit unexpected.
  • ZuluHero 14 Mar 2019 18:23:41 7,191 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    disusedgenius wrote:
    ZuluHero wrote:
    How so? That's smaller than the government majority by a small amount. It means that the opposition is pretty much united in wanting to get a say.

I agree that it's close, I just think that if they really wanted to wrestle control away they could have easily. We've already seen some historic defeats already.

I do think it kind of shows how fickle Conservatives are though.
  • disusedgenius 14 Mar 2019 18:25:18 9,597 posts
    Seen 1 second ago ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    ZuluHero wrote:
    I do think it kind of shows how fickle Conservatives are though.
    Yeah, I think this is probably the bigger lesson. Ironically if yesterday hadn't gone so bad for the government they might have lost today. I think party unity was a bit too important after such a clusterfuck.
  • askew 14 Mar 2019 18:25:39 18,646 posts
    Seen 43 seconds ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    4D chess being played now. Go for it JC.
  • Frogofdoom 14 Mar 2019 18:28:45 12,149 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Those 6 labour cunts that voted to keep Brexit in the government's hands need a good slap.
  • ZuluHero 14 Mar 2019 18:30:02 7,191 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    KnuttinAtoll wrote:
    On the other hand, in this very information age where everyone who has a grasp of the English language (yeah...) can quickly go on the internet (which is NOT just comprised of Facebook and Twitter) and fact check whatever is going on, and also what the EU is actually about, and not believe any old shit some untrustworthy politician tells them.
    Kinda of goes against the largest leave voter base being 60+, not your typical computer savvy user.

I was off sick during the leave campaign, and was astonished at the amount of leave adverts and pushing on terrestrial daytime TV.

No wonder so many older people were susceptible to that.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.