Post Poll... Britain decided to... Page 1352

  • nickthegun 14 Mar 2019 18:30:13 77,486 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    challenge_hanukkah wrote:
    @nickthegun Which twat is that?

    I'm compiling a list for a hitman I've got booked for March 30th.
    Robert Courts. We got him when Dave fled to France.

    It's the kind of place that would vote for Fred West if he was wearing a blue rosette.
  • RyanDS 14 Mar 2019 18:30:59 12,712 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Zomoniac wrote:
    ZuluHero wrote:
    This will probably make me a bit unpopular, but I think it's a bit unfair to call leave voters names or worse, especially when they've been a bit mislead or have some misguided opinions.
    Perhaps. But I think itís fair that anyone who still thinks itís a good idea now be held in the highest contempt.
    Yeah. I almost give a pass to those who voted leave and now regret it. But have no heart for those who still would vote leave now, knowing what we now know.
  • ZuluHero 14 Mar 2019 18:34:22 7,352 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I do feel for you too Ryan, it seems like you've already been affected more than most. I really hope it works out for you and your family.
  • ZuluHero 14 Mar 2019 18:36:17 7,352 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Oh, MPs vote in favour of a delay, another massive lead too.
  • Darth_Flibble 14 Mar 2019 18:37:39 3,388 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Anyone that would STILL vote leave need a kicking
  • JoelStinty 14 Mar 2019 18:46:08 7,730 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    ZuluHero wrote:
    Oh, MPs vote in favour of a delay, another massive lead too.
    Interesting though, over 100 conservatives voted against it, and May needs 70 odd and the DUP to pass a MV3. Shit could get crazier in the next few days!
  • KnuttinAtoll 14 Mar 2019 18:56:41 7,035 posts
    Seen 35 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    ZuluHero wrote:
    KnuttinAtoll wrote:
    On the other hand, in this very information age where everyone who has a grasp of the English language (yeah...) can quickly go on the internet (which is NOT just comprised of Facebook and Twitter) and fact check whatever is going on, and also what the EU is actually about, and not believe any old shit some untrustworthy politician tells them.
    Kinda of goes against the largest leave voter base being 60+, not your typical computer savvy user.

    I was off sick during the leave campaign, and was astonished at the amount of leave adverts and pushing on terrestrial daytime TV.

    No wonder so many older people were susceptible to that.
    To them I would say, stop reading the shit rags and get your news from a wider variety of sources.

    But they won't because they're stubborn little... Sigh.
  • KnuttinAtoll 14 Mar 2019 18:59:04 7,035 posts
    Seen 35 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    RyanDS wrote:
    Zomoniac wrote:
    ZuluHero wrote:
    This will probably make me a bit unpopular, but I think it's a bit unfair to call leave voters names or worse, especially when they've been a bit mislead or have some misguided opinions.
    Perhaps. But I think itís fair that anyone who still thinks itís a good idea now be held in the highest contempt.
    Yeah. I almost give a pass to those who voted leave and now regret it. But have no heart for those who still would vote leave now, knowing what we now know.
    Yeah that's fair.
  • elstoof 14 Mar 2019 19:07:47 22,978 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Iím surprised Corbynís suggestion of ďfinding another way to do a BrexitĒ didnít find much traction
  • monkman76 14 Mar 2019 19:10:32 14,656 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    'Do a Brexit' is so going to be a euphemism for 'fuck yourself over' by the time our kids are grown up.
  • Dirtbox 14 Mar 2019 19:45:41 91,072 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    So wait.

    No no deal

    No May deal.

    No second referendum.

    You are all so very fucked.
  • Cadence 14 Mar 2019 19:52:00 2,298 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @Dirtbox that pretty much sums it up.

    Edited by Cadence at 19:52:20 14-03-2019
  • JamboWayOh 14 Mar 2019 19:55:55 12,666 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    What do we want?

    We don't fucking know.

    When do we want it?

    Err, maybe in about 3 months...we think...we'll get back to you.
  • mothercruncher 14 Mar 2019 19:58:42 16,117 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    KnuttinAtoll wrote:
    ZuluHero wrote:
    KnuttinAtoll wrote:
    On the other hand, in this very information age where everyone who has a grasp of the English language (yeah...) can quickly go on the internet (which is NOT just comprised of Facebook and Twitter) and fact check whatever is going on, and also what the EU is actually about, and not believe any old shit some untrustworthy politician tells them.
    Kinda of goes against the largest leave voter base being 60+, not your typical computer savvy user.

    I was off sick during the leave campaign, and was astonished at the amount of leave adverts and pushing on terrestrial daytime TV.

    No wonder so many older people were susceptible to that.
    To them I would say, stop reading the shit rags and get your news from a wider variety of sources.

    But they won't because they're stubborn little... Sigh.
    With a vote comes responsibility. I wonder what percentage of the electorate, once you weed out the inveterate red/blue team voters, the dribblers etc, actually acknowledge that and think before they bang a tick in a box?
    This was a sesemic decision, an enormous change so far reaching itíll affect our grandkids ffs.
    The bulk of Brexit voters were the over 60ís who eagerly hoovered up the right wing press coverage and, prejudices confirmed, voted to leave, or the ill informed protest voters, or scheming disaster capitalist types, or members of the Andy McNab fan club.
    So we have the prejudiced, the bovine, the manipulative and the misty eyed empire crew.
    About the only group I feel something for are the forgotten and under funded working class communities that felt this might shake things up a bit but even there, if you voted for Brexit, you probably did it out of anger or ignorance and your vote will fuck everybody else as well as yourself. I canít find it in myself to be magnanimous toward Brexit voters, I donít think I ever will.
  • Deleted user 14 March 2019 20:00:38
    If we had a second referendum I bet people would vote to leave under World Darts Organisation rules where we get the free trade and all the foreigners leave.
  • senso-ji 14 Mar 2019 20:08:08 9,320 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    JamboWayOh wrote:
    What do we want?

    JUST GET ON WITH IT

    When do we want it?

    JUST GET ON WITH IT
  • JamboWayOh 14 Mar 2019 20:14:29 12,666 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    BurtMacklin wrote:
    If we had a second referendum I bet people would vote to leave under World Darts Organisation rules where we get the free trade and all the foreigners leave.
    And pints of mild and sovereign rings for all!
  • GoatApocalypse 14 Mar 2019 20:27:14 5,550 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Just checking in to see how people feel about the People's Vote campaign suggesting MPs voted against today's motion to have one
  • Rodney 14 Mar 2019 20:28:34 3,778 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @mothercruncher

    I remember before the referndum my sister saying she wasnt going to vote because she didnt know enough about it, and my mum (ardent leaver) said 'just vote with your heart, youll know which way to vote when you get to the polling booth" (or words to that effect)

    I think I upset my mum at the time for saying that was fucking stupid. I get the sentiment that people should vote but an uninformed electorate is dangerous.
  • thelzdking 14 Mar 2019 20:29:33 9,263 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    "But people voted for fundamental change" says Higgy. Maybe, but many of them want something very different to socialism.
  • Graxlar_v3 14 Mar 2019 20:45:51 6,451 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Dirtbox wrote:
    So wait.

    No no deal

    No May deal.

    No second referendum.

    You are all so very fucked.
    Except... these votes played right into Mays hands. She is now going to turn around to all the no votes in her party and DUP and say, hey - itís my way or a 2 year wait and then plop her stinking sack of shit on all of us so they can get an early brexit
  • JoelStinty 14 Mar 2019 20:49:52 7,730 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    GoatApocalypse wrote:
    Just checking in to see how people feel about the People's Vote campaign suggesting MPs voted against today's motion to have one
    There argument was to use it as the trump card when all avenues had been explored. Labour wanted to try and get their version of Brexit through first, then they would back a second vote if it didn't go through. Basically nobody wants to be seen hijacking the vote.

    Don't really agree with it myself, but i can see why they think like that. But when it comes down to voting for something and you don't vote for something you believe in a merry go round of tactical voting it makes me feel a bit sick. Politics for you.

    Edited by JoelStinty at 20:50:37 14-03-2019
  • dmj 14 Mar 2019 20:50:36 983 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I don't have an issue with the folk who voted to leave in 2016 because they thought it would lead to them being better off. That's what Vote Leave and the like told them over and over again.

    Since then, however, everyone's discovered that only folk who are already wealthy will benefit in any meaningful way. Any 'ordinary folk' who still believe they'll be better off are morons.

    Obviously, the racists and the rich people who voted to leave in order to make more money can all get to fuck.

    EDIT: mothercruncher said it all better above.

    Edited by dmj at 20:53:16 14-03-2019
  • challenge_hanukkah 14 Mar 2019 20:52:04 10,475 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    thelzdking wrote:
    "But people voted for fundamental change" says Higgy. Maybe, but many of them want something very different to socialism.
    National socialism.
  • Rodney 14 Mar 2019 20:55:38 3,778 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Except now the leave narrative has shifted.
    I've seen it with my own family, previously they argued that Britain would be better off free to make its own trade deals. The EU needs us more than we need them etc.

    Now they always knew there would be (short term) economic damage but its worth it for sovereignty!
  • dmj 14 Mar 2019 20:59:17 983 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    My favourite thing is Leavers complaining about the EU not giving any concessions. "They're just looking out for themselves!" What the fuck did you think they were going to do, bend over because we're the UK? (The answer appears to be yes.)
  • IMO 14 Mar 2019 21:06:25 6,927 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Rodney wrote:
    Except now the leave narrative has shifted.
    I've seen it with my own family, previously they argued that Britain would be better off free to make its own trade deals. The EU needs us more than we need them etc.

    Now they always knew there would be (short term) economic damage but its worth it for sovereignty!
    Short term pain for long term gain!

    What short-term pain? No-one knows!
    What long-term gain? No-one knows!

    "If you cut off your arm, who knows, you might grow wings!"
  • Not-a-reviewer 14 Mar 2019 21:11:19 5,647 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Iíve a hard line leaver sits opposite me at work. Occasionally itís entertaining to correct all his bullshit about controlling our borders and foreign people here are net contributors.

    I never bring the subjects up because heís a boring racist cunt.
  • disusedgenius 14 Mar 2019 21:16:10 9,708 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    GoatApocalypse wrote:
    Just checking in to see how people feel about the People's Vote campaign suggesting MPs voted against today's motion to have one
    It felt like watching Arsenal try to string 50 passes together to make the perfect goal rather than just try to kick the ball in the net whenever the opportunity arises.

    I also wonder whether they suggested it to help Labour save face for whatever reason so they didn't have to put their money where their mouth is. Unless they do actually have a grand scheme that's going to be harder to actually achieve now.

    Or they decided to make it look like they didn't want it right now because they were tipped off that Labour weren't going to support it and so needed to save face themselves in case they get another chance later.

    Basically I don't get it and don't know how to feel about it.
  • ZuluHero 14 Mar 2019 21:50:01 7,352 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    dmj wrote:
    I don't have an issue with the folk who voted to leave in 2016 because they thought it would lead to them being better off. That's what Vote Leave and the like told them over and over again.

    Since then, however, everyone's discovered that only folk who are already wealthy will benefit in any meaningful way. Any 'ordinary folk' who still believe they'll be better off are morons.

    Obviously, the racists and the rich people who voted to leave in order to make more money can all get to fuck.

    EDIT: mothercruncher said it all better above.
    Except he said he doesn't have any good will towards leavers and you said you don't have any issue with them because they were duped.

    Personally I agree with you. I don't really like this hard-line approach with leavers. Hatred is still hatred even if it comes from good meaning people.

    If anything 'good' comes from this, hopefully people will make better informed decisions in future.
Log in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.