Post Poll... Britain decided to... Page 1489

  • KnuttinAtoll 13 Apr 2019 09:40:49 7,135 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    That clip is 2 years old, so we can safely assume incitement of violence is A-OK.
  • Load_2.0 14 Apr 2019 14:23:35 29,341 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Check out @PoliticsJOE_UK’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/PoliticsJOE_UK/status/1116751754111090689?s=09

    A Farage remix to "I world walk 500 miles."
  • nickthegun 14 Apr 2019 14:35:17 77,889 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Their viral engament index has grown 1388% (approx) since they hired Swede Mason.

    Edited by nickthegun at 14:35:38 14-04-2019
  • Darth_Flibble 14 Apr 2019 20:13:41 3,430 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Pro-Brexit protesters block off Aldi depot ‘because it's a German company
    https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/probrexit-protesters-block-off-aldi-depot-because-its-a-german-company-a4116816.html

    You know they are thick, but they find new ways to surprise you
  • askew 14 Apr 2019 20:16:49 19,119 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    A man with a microphone can be heard shouting "this is Brexit at its best" in the clip.

    Another woman, with a flag wrapped around her head, was heard saying: "We are here."
    :lol:
  • JamboWayOh 14 Apr 2019 20:26:11 13,245 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    If anything this whole fiasco has proved why we have elected representatives to make the difficult decisions for us, because people by and large are fucking morons.
  • Graxlar_v3 14 Apr 2019 20:28:15 6,756 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    JamboWayOh wrote:
    If anything this whole fiasco has proved why we have elected representatives to make the difficult decisions for us, because people by and large are fucking morons.
    Problem is, so are about 3/4 of the representatives
  • JamboWayOh 14 Apr 2019 20:32:36 13,245 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    This too, it's a fucking melting pot of idiocy.
  • Psychotext 14 Apr 2019 20:39:19 64,996 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    It really has been eye-opening, in a massively terrifying and depressing way.
  • Jono62 14 Apr 2019 21:09:57 22,259 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    https://twitter.com/donnyc1975/status/1116783475598737408?s=19
  • Frogofdoom 14 Apr 2019 21:26:22 13,275 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Hope Spain send them home as soon as we are out :D
  • grey_matters 14 Apr 2019 22:08:07 4,699 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    JamboWayOh wrote:
    If anything this whole fiasco has proved why we have elected representatives to make the difficult decisions for us, because people by and large are fucking morons.
    I'm not sure I'd agree with that at all.
    You could also say that this fiasco has shown how, given the political system in place (and the media touting bullshit-laden historical narratives that enable it), that the elected representatives are not representative, and that this situation (and the complete lack of ability to change it) has magnified apathy and disconnected the populace from the requirement, and indeed duty, to make decisions based on real thought-out and well-argued positions.
    This leaves the ground open for spoofers and populist charlatans.

    Any population is riddled with arseholes. What this fiasco has proven is that, under certain circumstances, the political system in the UK allows the arseholes to take over. Don't doubt your fellow citizens, and don't abdicate decision-making responsibility. Your "betters" are not any better. There are plenty of Brexit voters that are intelligent but just can't see any other solution given the lies they have been fed for decades. The solution is not to deprive them of power, it is to change the system to give them more. Given a clear, level playing field, there are always fewer arseholes than reasonable people. Despite what the screeching might make it seem like.

    /tipsy republic rant
  • JamboWayOh 15 Apr 2019 11:42:16 13,245 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    grey_matters wrote:
    JamboWayOh wrote:
    If anything this whole fiasco has proved why we have elected representatives to make the difficult decisions for us, because people by and large are fucking morons.
    I'm not sure I'd agree with that at all.
    You could also say that this fiasco has shown how, given the political system in place (and the media touting bullshit-laden historical narratives that enable it), that the elected representatives are not representative, and that this situation (and the complete lack of ability to change it) has magnified apathy and disconnected the populace from the requirement, and indeed duty, to make decisions based on real thought-out and well-argued positions.
    This leaves the ground open for spoofers and populist charlatans.

    Any population is riddled with arseholes. What this fiasco has proven is that, under certain circumstances, the political system in the UK allows the arseholes to take over. Don't doubt your fellow citizens, and don't abdicate decision-making responsibility. Your "betters" are not any better. There are plenty of Brexit voters that are intelligent but just can't see any other solution given the lies they have been fed for decades. The solution is not to deprive them of power, it is to change the system to give them more. Given a clear, level playing field, there are always fewer arseholes than reasonable people. Despite what the screeching might make it seem like.

    /tipsy republic rant
    While you disagree you actually are agreeing with the nub of my argument as in that in these kind of situations the arseholes have the biggest voice and take over the argument. This kind of decision should have never been given to the public, full stop. I don't believe our betters are better than us, more that we elect them to make well thought out decisions on complicated subjects which affect the social fabric and economic future of this country. To give that kind of decision to the general public is downright irresponsible. You give people more say on certain things and in the worst case you have disingenuous cunts asking for a referendum on the death penalty because people 'feel' something.
  • grey_matters 15 Apr 2019 13:01:47 4,699 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @JamboWayOh
    No, I fundamentally disagree with the nub of your argument. This kind of decision should absolutely be given to the public*. It goes to the heart of what I believe a state and citizenry should be. A citizen should have a say in any decision that dramatically affects their life. We're a long long way from doing this well, but getting there. The UK is a million fucking miles away and seemingly travelling in the wrong direction.



    *The actual decision put to the public in this instance is the problem.

    Edited by grey_matters at 13:02:15 15-04-2019
  • cowell 15 Apr 2019 13:07:36 1,897 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Jono62 wrote:
    https://twitter.com/donnyc1975/status/1116783475598737408?s=19
    Barry and Diane lol
  • wobbly_Bob 15 Apr 2019 13:09:02 5,110 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    JamboWayOh wrote:
    If anything this whole fiasco has proved why we have elected representatives to make the difficult decisions for us, because people by and large are fucking morons.
    THIS. SO THIS.
  • KnuttinAtoll 15 Apr 2019 13:21:47 7,135 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    cowell wrote:
    Jono62 wrote:
    https://twitter.com/donnyc1975/status/1116783475598737408?s=19
    Barry and Diane lol
    I like the way they spoilered the image as sensitive material.
  • grey_matters 15 Apr 2019 13:24:25 4,699 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    KnuttinAtoll wrote:
    cowell wrote:
    Jono62 wrote:
    https://twitter.com/donnyc1975/status/1116783475598737408?s=19
    Barry and Diane lol
    I like the way they spoilered the image as sensitive material.
    :D
  • challenge_hanukkah 15 Apr 2019 13:32:31 10,772 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I was just thinking we need far more direct democracy after the stunning success of the brexit referendum.

    I want to vote on absolutely everything. Whether it's fish fingers, chips and beans for tea or fish fingers, chips and spaghetti hoops.

    Edited by challenge_hanukkah at 13:37:24 15-04-2019
  • smoothpete 15 Apr 2019 13:36:33 35,769 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Is it wrong that I quite fancy Annunziata Rees-Mogg
  • challenge_hanukkah 15 Apr 2019 13:38:00 10,772 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Only if you care if she orgasms or not.
  • Armoured_Bear 15 Apr 2019 13:39:30 26,741 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    smoothpete wrote:
    Is it wrong that I quite fancy Annunziata Rees-Mogg
    The zuffle urge cannot be ignored.
  • nickthegun 15 Apr 2019 13:39:39 77,889 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Me too.

    I also like that if her blood wasn't so blue, Annunziata feels like the name of a kid who's mum would drop her off at school in a onesie and slippers.
  • nickthegun 15 Apr 2019 13:42:09 77,889 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Fun fact: I renamed Aerith to 'Zuffle' in FF7, which was probably one of the reasons her death didn't really hit home for me.
  • nickthegun 15 Apr 2019 13:42:42 77,889 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    And I called Cloud 'YAZOOFAT'
  • Letsgetthispartystar 15 Apr 2019 13:45:34 20 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 3 months ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    Fun fact: I renamed Aerith to 'Zuffle' in FF7, which was probably one of the reasons her death didn't really hit home for me.
    Another fun fact:

    You're a massive nobber who's full of shit. Fuck off.
  • KnuttinAtoll 15 Apr 2019 13:50:07 7,135 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    LEAVE AERITH ALONE!
  • wobbly_Bob 15 Apr 2019 13:51:46 5,110 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    challenge_hanukkah wrote:
    I was just thinking we need far more direct democracy after the stunning success of the brexit referendum.

    I want to vote on absolutely everything. Whether it's fish fingers, chips and beans for tea or fish fingers, chips and spaghetti hoops.
    Spaghetti hoops means spaghetti hoops. That's what people voted for and that's what we will deliver. Beans are not an option. People voted for spaghetti and they will get spaghetti. This government will deliver spaghetti.
  • nickthegun 15 Apr 2019 13:53:50 77,889 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Looks like my dad finally worked out how to use the internet.
  • Graxlar_v3 15 Apr 2019 14:02:27 6,756 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Letsgetthispartystar wrote:
    nickthegun wrote:
    Fun fact: I renamed Aerith to 'Zuffle' in FF7, which was probably one of the reasons her death didn't really hit home for me.
    Another fun fact:

    You're a massive nobber who's full of shit. Fuck off.
    I feel like I need to make this clear. Yes, you asked me to eat sweetcorn from your arse but this is not me.
Log in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.