Post Poll... Britain decided to... Page 1499

  • Graxlar_v3 15 May 2019 14:31:46 6,523 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    RichDC wrote:
    FFS. Reports coming in that Labour will abstain from the fourth vote on May's withdrawal bill. They could of course vote against it, killing it off and probably May with it, but that would actually involve acting like an opposition.
    They wont do that will they? That's mental, they may as well vote for the damn thing if they were going to do that.
  • Frogofdoom 15 May 2019 14:31:58 12,989 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    That would be a disaster for them as their remain voters would all flock to the lib dems. That's pretty much the best thing that could happen for the Tories.
  • Graxlar_v3 15 May 2019 14:34:36 6,523 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I feel like their thinking is, lets get brexit out the way as we have no common voice on it and its killing us in the polls.

    Once that has gone through we can 1) blame the tories for it being a disaster as we didn't vote for it and 2) get away from the brexit and non-brexit parties effectively nullifying the lib dems position.
  • Frogofdoom 15 May 2019 14:38:07 12,989 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I think that will pretty much kill them but I could be wrong. I for one would never vote for them again even if it meant being stuck with the Tories.

    Cutting my nose off to spite my face maybe but there would be an irreparable loss of trust.
  • AboutHalfaStevas 15 May 2019 14:41:24 1,651 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Headline in a few months:
    PM ASKS HERSELF IF SHE'S OKAY WITH HER DEAL
    Westminster, today, the PM put her deal to the vote once again, but with the last remaining MPs abstaining for numerous reasons. "This is ridiculous, we've been asked the same question 47 times now. I put in less borderline illegal expense requests just last week," said one member, who wished to remain nameless.
    Inside! Pictures of some apparently important baby crawling.

    Headline the following day:
    LATEST BREXIT VOTE DEADLOCKED, PM ACCIDENTLY VOTED FOR AND AGAINST
  • TheSaint 15 May 2019 14:57:23 18,528 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Anything they are seen to do that enables Brexit will lose them a lot of votes and you can't help but feel abstaining will be seen as exactly that.

    It kind of also goes against all their talk of wanting a general election as every time these votes fail that gets more likely.
  • whatfruitlivesagain 15 May 2019 14:59:45 1,766 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Corbyn the master of zero G football.

    *taps nose.
  • breakablepants 15 May 2019 15:16:18 1,020 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I think Labour are going to get an absolute kicking in the European Elections, but I worry that the party leadership will still not get the message that there are more votes to be won than lost in being more pro-remain.

    I cannot believe that anyone on the Labour benches thinks JC is a capable leader. He can't even clearly win PMQ's when it's clear that Maybot mentally left the planet some time ago.
  • breakablepants 15 May 2019 15:18:44 1,020 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Also, I don't believe Farage would be getting this kind of easy ride from anyone else. But JC is so enfeebled by the Brexit non-position that he simply avoids any media scrutiny.
  • Graxlar_v3 15 May 2019 15:56:25 6,523 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    TheSaint wrote:
    Anything they are seen to do that enables Brexit will lose them a lot of votes and you can't help but feel abstaining will be seen as exactly that.

    It kind of also goes against all their talk of wanting a general election as every time these votes fail that gets more likely.
    May's deal going through is a sure fire way of getting a GE.

    They are in power due to the big ol bung they gave to DUP. That is gonna get tossed out the window when they do the Irish backstop and labour can get through a vote of no confidence (in theory).
  • grey_matters 15 May 2019 17:00:37 4,675 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I'd like someone to start asking them about their plans for corporate governance, corporation tax, and general financial accounting/reporting standards in post-Brexit UK.
    Surely the North-East, Cornwall, and Wales will break once they realise this is will be mostly beneficial for certain people in the City.

    Ah probably not, full delusion seems to have taken hold.
  • oceanmotion 15 May 2019 19:01:32 17,358 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    So called anti establishment is the establishment, the worse kind without anything holding them back. If they do manage to get Brexit done, I hope they go back to all these towns and see what they think when it actually gets worse for them. I understand some threw the dice to get heard and successive governments have made a mess of it but you know, Tories
    have been in power for how long...at least vote the least likely to fuck you harder party.

    Edited by oceanmotion at 19:02:26 15-05-2019
  • senso-ji 16 May 2019 16:09:27 9,359 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    PM has agreed to resign if she loses the fourth(!) Brexit vote in June.

    Boris has confirmed he's standing for the leadership contest if and when she goes.

    So, looks like Boris and his cronies will vote against the bill, get him into power, then he'll enact his own post-Brexit nightmare.
  • nudistpete 16 May 2019 16:25:44 638 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    senso-ji wrote:
    So, looks like Boris and his cronies will vote against the bill, get him into power, then he'll enact his own post-Brexit nightmare.
    Could he, though? Parliament have already rejected no deal, and unless a unicorn rears it's head none of the other proposals will get a majority through the house.

    The idea that the running joke of HIGNFY has a shot at being the most senior politician in the nation should send shivers down everyone's spines.
  • grey_matters 17 May 2019 12:03:37 4,675 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    To nobody's surprise, Corbyn has pulled out of cross-party talks. The shitshow lumbers forward.
  • JamboWayOh 17 May 2019 12:05:03 12,739 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    grey_matters wrote:
    To nobody's surprise, Corbyn has pulled out of cross-party talks. The shitshow lumbers forward.
    It's obviously all part of the 4d chess.
  • X201 17 May 2019 12:14:39 19,181 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    BoJo the clown incoming

  • northernlights 17 May 2019 12:24:50 1,020 posts
    Seen 7 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    grey_matters wrote:
    I'd like someone to start asking them about their plans for corporate governance, corporation tax, and general financial accounting/reporting standards in post-Brexit UK.
    Surely the North-East, Cornwall, and Wales will break once they realise this is will be mostly beneficial for certain people in the City.

    Ah probably not, full delusion seems to have taken hold.


    Haha I love the first part of this comment. Itís the old surely they will realise how stupid Brexit is .... you could replace Brexit with trump as well. Iíve heard this a million times and when things do go wrong they wonít blame either ! They are too entrenched in there believes as you mention at the end
  • Load_2.0 17 May 2019 12:57:04 29,129 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    JamboWayOh wrote:
    grey_matters wrote:
    To nobody's surprise, Corbyn has pulled out of cross-party talks. The shitshow lumbers forward.
    It's obviously all part of the 4d chess.
    It's beyond 4D. It's meta-quantum chess.

    We can't comprehend it so it just seems like someone mashing their fist into the board.

  • JamboWayOh 17 May 2019 13:00:42 12,739 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    If only Higgy was here to explain it.
  • Ror 17 May 2019 13:06:27 18,372 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Is there really much point in continuing talks with a recalcitrant May when someone else will be in her job before long, though? Anyone of a brexity persuasion isn't going to allow themselves to be bound by a deal she agreed with Corbyn.
  • grey_matters 17 May 2019 13:28:29 4,675 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Ror wrote:
    Is there really much point in continuing talks with a recalcitrant May when someone else will be in her job before long, though? Anyone of a brexity persuasion isn't going to allow themselves to be bound by a deal she agreed with Corbyn.
    Not really, no. But neither of these clowns want to resolve things. Brexit is going to happen. No Deal looks most likely now too. Probable break up of the UK. Possible further descent into populism.

    Shitty times ahead.
  • northernlights 17 May 2019 13:34:20 1,020 posts
    Seen 7 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    grey_matters wrote:
    Ror wrote:
    Is there really much point in continuing talks with a recalcitrant May when someone else will be in her job before long, though? Anyone of a brexity persuasion isn't going to allow themselves to be bound by a deal she agreed with Corbyn.
    Not really, no. But neither of these clowns want to resolve things. Brexit is going to happen. No Deal looks most likely now too. Probable break up of the UK. Possible further descent into populism.

    Shitty times ahead.
    The main two partyís are so hated now itís ripe for populism. A general election could see a Farage type figure sweep up and once they are there donít expect them to go quietly
  • Ror 17 May 2019 13:47:31 18,372 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Oh, I agree with all that. It's a genuinely worrying thought that seemingly the only politician who's in their element right now is that toad-faced cockwomble Farage. Even without that, our next PM is likely to be a hard Brexit shitgibbon.

    Shitty times ahead, indeed.
  • JamboWayOh 17 May 2019 13:58:53 12,739 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    It all sounds very depressing, but hey, as long as the will of the people was fulfilled right?
  • northernlights 17 May 2019 14:32:47 1,020 posts
    Seen 7 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Post deleted
  • Ror 17 May 2019 15:19:30 18,372 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The (confused, muddied) will of (some of) the people!

    Not as catchy, I suppose.
  • nudistpete 17 May 2019 15:28:52 638 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    JamboWayOh wrote:
    the will of the people
    Kick out all the forreins, bring back hanging, Wimpy on the highstreet, bendy bananas and proper lightbulbs for all. Sounds like a glorious place.
  • BigOrkWaaagh 17 May 2019 16:02:35 8,629 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Wimpy on the high street you say?!
  • fontgeeksogood 17 May 2019 16:16:42 5,780 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    I used to work with a guy who was a Wimpy franchisee. Apparently their USP was they made their milkshakes with water
Log in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.