Post Poll... Britain decided to... Page 1507

• KnuttinAtoll 2 Jul 2019 16:50:06 7,352 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    TechnoHippy wrote:
    That would be a bitter irony if the EU did change in a way that the moderate leavers would have been happier with, because we'd pulled out.
    An EU that moderate leavers would be happy with (you actually say happier which implies they're still not 100% on board...) isn't one I'd want to live in to be quite honest with you.
  • KnuttinAtoll 2 Jul 2019 16:53:10 7,352 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    macmurphy wrote:
    I’m kind of ambivalent about the whole process but anti-EU sentiment is all over Europe. It maybe that Britain fucks up so badly that it draws Europe closer, but the whole process is a much-needed lesson that the EU can’t just rumble blindly on.
    Anti-EU sentiment is actually down across Europe. People vote for extreme right parties for different reasons (mainly 3rd country immigration, not because a Polish plumber is doing a better job than them, and for cheaper); in fact those parties have long stopped listing an exit from the EU (or even the Euro) in their manifesto as a result.
  • disusedgenius 2 Jul 2019 16:53:50 9,944 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I mean, some people simply enjoy to be pricks, but the only way this protest makes objective sense is to convince the Tories to follow through with Brexit.
    With the result the Brexit Party achieved in the EU elections, and the continued Brexit fundamentalist crazy-talk being a major part of the Tory leadership campaign, I don't think Farage & co have anything to fear that their big wet wish doesn't come true.

I mean, QED I guess? You're honestly explaining why they're doing this better than I could.
  • KnuttinAtoll 2 Jul 2019 17:03:39 7,352 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    disusedgenius wrote:
    I mean, some people simply enjoy to be pricks, but the only way this protest makes objective sense is to convince the Tories to follow through with Brexit.
    With the result the Brexit Party achieved in the EU elections, and the continued Brexit fundamentalist crazy-talk being a major part of the Tory leadership campaign, I don't think Farage & co have anything to fear that their big wet wish doesn't come true.

I mean, QED I guess? You're honestly explaining why they're doing this better than I could.
    Does turning their backs towards the rest of Europe (and insulting your closest allies you rely on to agree a favourable trade relationship with) really make any difference though?

What I'm saying is, the Tories seem to be on the same (broadly speaking, as in, deliver Brexit) page as the Brexit party already, and no-deal on Oct 31 is the default if the UK doesn't get its shit together (doesn't seem likely) so needlessly disrespect your closest allies that you still have to agree a future relationship with.

I admit though, I think my mistake is to assume that these people work in the interest of their country. So I'll concede on that point.

Could one go as far as call it treasonous? If they represented my country, I certainly would...
  • grey_matters 2 Jul 2019 17:10:05 4,749 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    disusedgenius wrote:

Of course it is achieving something. But it is doing so in a way that is less honest, less responsible, and more cunty than Sinn Féin's approach.

That is a rare thing to type for me.

If Sinn Féin acted like this, there would be a core of shitty cunts that would lap it up but their overall vote would plummet. They should never act this poorly.
  • KnuttinAtoll 2 Jul 2019 17:12:06 7,352 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    So, why don't you leave then? Don't let the door hit you on your way out.
  • JamboWayOh 2 Jul 2019 17:12:12 14,233 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Sir_Edmund_White

I wonder who you could be....I mean you COULD be ANYONE. Anyway please continue,you were saying....something about unelected bureaucrats... Hang on, wouldn't that also mean the Brexit Party MEPs are also unelected bureaucrats. I'm confused here.

Edited by JamboWayOh at 17:13:51 02-07-2019
  • Frogofdoom 2 Jul 2019 17:13:02 13,684 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Oh good, Professor Fucknut has returned.
  • disusedgenius 2 Jul 2019 17:16:14 9,944 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    KnuttinAtoll wrote:
    Does turning their backs towards the rest of Europe (and insulting your closest allies you rely on to agree a favourable trade relationship with) really make any difference though?
    Yes, it has much greater symbolism than some local protest, which is why it got plenty of column inches.

What I'm saying is, the Tories seem to be on the same (broadly speaking, as in, deliver Brexit) page as the Brexit party already, and no-deal on Oct 31 is the default if the UK doesn't get its shit together (doesn't seem likely) so needlessly disrespect your closest allies that you still have to agree a future relationship with.
    Got to get over the finish line. There's a lot of resistance to Brexit still over here they're worried about. The Lib Dem protest also got a lot of notice.

I admit though, I think my mistake is to assume that these people work in the interest of their country. So I'll concede on that point.
    It's a Parliament, and a PR one at that, so they're not even obligated to represent the people who didn't vote for them.

Could one go as far as call it treasonous? If they represented my country, I certainly would...
    No, I think that's a silly argument.
  • JamboWayOh 2 Jul 2019 17:16:33 14,233 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Sir_Edmund_White

Hmm yes

/nods sagely

Edited by JamboWayOh at 17:17:58 02-07-2019
  • KnuttinAtoll 2 Jul 2019 17:22:29 7,352 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @disusedgenius just want to clarify on the treasonous question - what I referred to was the idea of pushing for the hardest of Brexits which they must know will cause significant damage to the country.

If that isn't treasonous then I don't know what it is.

This doesn't just include Farage, but various other individuals such as Boris or Hunt (who admitted he'd be cool with businesses going under all in the name of Brexit). It's mental but we all already know that.
  • KnuttinAtoll 2 Jul 2019 17:26:46 7,352 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Do you not get bored of this?
  • Load_2.0 2 Jul 2019 17:33:42 29,646 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    @Sir_Edmund_White Will you be able to achieve an erection after Brexit?
  • KnuttinAtoll 2 Jul 2019 17:34:32 7,352 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    lol
  • KnuttinAtoll 2 Jul 2019 17:35:05 7,352 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Smoothpete is probably interfering in UK politics more than I ever could.

/groin thrust
  • Load_2.0 2 Jul 2019 17:36:39 29,646 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Sir_Edmund_White wrote:
    Load_2.0 wrote:
    @Sir_Edmund_White Will you be able to achieve an erection after Brexit?
    I've got one now inside your slutty mum's dirty minge.
    I'll take that as a "no".
  • KnuttinAtoll 2 Jul 2019 17:39:23 7,352 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Sir_Edmund_White wrote:
    The best thing about Brexit is that even though we haven't left yet, bellends like KnuttinAtoll have already left the counry. They were getting far too conmfortable here and thinking they had the same rights as British people. But brexit isn't their business. Foregners are not the same even if they are EU foreigners. That doesn't mean we can't be friends, but they don't get to come over here and demmand that we do things that benefit them before actual British citizens.

Go home! Stay out of country. The end.
    You know what annoys me most about your post? That you're not in command of your own bloody language.
  • nickthegun 2 Jul 2019 17:40:06 78,322 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    That's second behind people actually responding to him.
  • KnuttinAtoll 2 Jul 2019 17:42:20 7,352 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    That's second behind people actually responding to him.
    It does expedite the inevitable ban though.
  • Addy__ 2 Jul 2019 17:51:24 1,133 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 4 months ago
    :D
  • Jono62 2 Jul 2019 17:56:34 22,599 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Shit, it's all gone. Glad I didn't refresh and got to read the oh so funny sambo jambo jibe :D

I want Hunt to be PM and when some businesses goes bankrupt because of Brexit, they all line up in front of him so he can say it was all worth it

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.