Post Poll... Britain decided to... Page 1508

• KnuttinAtoll 2 Jul 2019 18:03:02 7,224 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Jono62 wrote:
    Shit, it's all gone. Glad I didn't refresh and got to read the oh so funny sambo jambo jibe :D

I want Hunt to be PM and when some businesses goes bankrupt because of Brexit, they all line up in front of him so he can say it was all worth it
    To be fair, you didn't miss much, it was the standard potpourri of his usual lines.

As for Hunt, he's certainly upping his game, isn't he. While I always thought as him being the more sensible one compared to Boris, I'm now undecided who will cause more damage (or instead, a GE, quicker).

Edited by KnuttinAtoll at 18:03:52 02-07-2019
  • JamboWayOh 2 Jul 2019 18:13:02 13,565 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    He rocked out sambo Jambo again? Classic Spartan.
  • mothercruncher 2 Jul 2019 18:27:09 16,266 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    What a cunty little cunt he is.
  • Ror 2 Jul 2019 18:27:15 18,556 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Maybe he secretly admires you and thinks you're a double-hard bastard master of Soviet martial arts.
  • Frogofdoom 2 Jul 2019 18:28:38 13,398 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    He clearly wants your cock Jambo.
  • JamboWayOh 2 Jul 2019 18:31:01 13,565 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Well I'm constantly taut and buoyant, so whenever he's ready I'm there. You hear that Spartan, I'M THERE.
  • disusedgenius 2 Jul 2019 19:15:03 9,829 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    KnuttinAtoll wrote:
    As for Hunt, he's certainly upping his game, isn't he. While I always thought as him being the more sensible one compared to Boris, I'm now undecided who will cause more damage (or instead, a GE, quicker).
    He's also making some good arguments about how bad no-deal would be (quoting that it'd be worse than the 2008 recession based on the government research). He might be prepping for being defeated on it by Parliament but avoiding a GE.

With Boris who knows, liars are tough to read.
  • KnuttinAtoll 2 Jul 2019 19:29:15 7,224 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    disusedgenius wrote:
    KnuttinAtoll wrote:
    He's also making some good arguments about how bad no-deal would be (quoting that it'd be worse than the 2008 recession based on the government research). He might be prepping for being defeated on it by Parliament but avoiding a GE.

With Boris who knows, liars are tough to read.
    Both of them give me the impression that they don't really believe what they say, with Hunt seemingly feeling more uncomfortable with making up stuff, whereas with Boris I wouldn't be surprised if he made a complete u-turn and revoke A50 altogether.

Hunt strikes me as a male May, perhaps less stubborn/obtuse/resistant to adapt.

Rock/hard place really.
  • Dougs 2 Jul 2019 19:43:33 89,581 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Not that I think he'll do it but I've said for ages that Boris is the only person I could say just doing a 180 and get away with it. At some point he's got to let one group of his coalition of supporters down
  • KnuttinAtoll 3 Jul 2019 18:49:45 7,224 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Much more eloquently put than I did yesterday (obvs):

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/jul/03/brexit-party-meps-uk-brexiteers-opening-european-parliament#comment-130713056

(As a bonus also contains a link to a tweet from otto)
  • fontgeeksogood 3 Jul 2019 20:27:50 6,224 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Otto? What does that cunt know about the EU
  • Load_2.0 4 Jul 2019 13:55:30 29,486 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Dotard Widdecombe has made a speech at the EU likening Brexit to the emancipation of slaves.

Next week the Brexit party will reenact the entire Dambusters film through the medium of song.
  • JamboWayOh 4 Jul 2019 14:00:05 13,565 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Load_2.0 wrote:
    Dotard Widdecombe has made a speech at the EU likening Brexit to the emancipation of slaves.

Next week the Brexit party will reenact the entire Dambusters film through the medium of song.
    Would that make Widdecombe a house slave or a field slave? It shouldn’t have to be said but in this time of endless outrage that actually is fucking offensive. I’m just waiting for the inevitable white genocide conclusion.
  • Not-a-reviewer 4 Jul 2019 14:03:52 5,746 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I wonder how all these Brexit extremists have survived the years of such an oppressive EU regime when Britain was nothing but slaves.
  • askew 4 Jul 2019 14:05:01 19,288 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Blitz Spirit, innit.
  • JamboWayOh 4 Jul 2019 14:06:34 13,565 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    When people say we need to understand people like this, where they’re coming from, why they have genuine concerns..I say fuck em. If you listen to people like this that’s how you get Brexit one day and a conversation about the death penalty the next day.
  • TheSaint 4 Jul 2019 14:07:41 18,634 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Have some sympathy. They've had to struggle to get by with their house doubling in value and massive final salary pensions. Life sure has been tough for those baby boomers.
  • JamboWayOh 4 Jul 2019 14:08:53 13,565 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    True. It’s been tough. I bet they violently vomit everytime they see a gay couple holding hands.
  • Not-a-reviewer 4 Jul 2019 14:13:27 5,746 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Its tough for them compared to snowflake millennials and their fancy ‘coffee’ and ‘holidays’.
  • JamboWayOh 4 Jul 2019 14:16:21 13,565 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Not-a-reviewer wrote:
    Its tough for them compared to snowflake millennials and their fancy ‘coffee’ and ‘holidays’.
    Don’t forget their avocados on toast.
  • Psychotext 5 Jul 2019 19:51:05 65,132 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    ...and this is fucking terrifying:

• Dougs 5 Jul 2019 20:00:26 89,581 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    They think it doesn't affect them. It will of course, but they're either too stupid or ignorant to admit it.
  • TheSaint 5 Jul 2019 20:31:40 18,634 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Possibly both.
  • frightlever 6 Jul 2019 01:48:42 1,450 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Dougs wrote:
    They think it doesn't affect them. It will of course, but they're either too stupid or ignorant to admit it.
    They think it will affect them positively.

Personally I really want to see the effects of Brexit. As I've said before, I'm personally unaffected either way, nor am I particularly sympathetic towards people in general.

The EU seems more of a sinkhole these days, more so than when the referendum happened. The UK is still relatively democratic, with a fair press. Most of the EU is a spiralling shitstorm.

I get that some UK citizens want to have free travel and the right to work within the EU but I fail to see how that explicitly benefits Britain economically. Happy to find out.

I don't understand why people don't want to try Brexit. There'll be massive suffering - it's inevitable, but it'll settle the question after a couple of years whether we need to be shackled to the EU. If it's a disaster we can apply to rejoin on terms equable to other member states, and without the favouritism we currently have, which I'm sure EU enthusiasts would prefer. And if it's a success then we don't need to think about it again.

Yes, people will die. They'll die either way. People die. We have too many people already - that was a Brexit talking point. I don't care if some people die, if things get better for successive generations.

Until we have Brexit, there will always be a call for Brexit and a proliferation of hard right politics. You can defuse extremism by giving in to a popular vote. If that had been an option in 1933 we wouldn't have this discussion at all.
  • JamboWayOh 6 Jul 2019 02:11:06 13,565 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @frightlever

Been on the lead paint early I see. What you've written is a great reason why some people, people like you for instance, should never be allowed to vote. Also thanks for your amazing opinions on ww2.
  • thelzdking 6 Jul 2019 02:48:38 9,403 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I'm not sure that the question will be anywhere near settled within a couple of years, nor that giving into a popular vote will diffuse extremism. In fact there's every chance that people will become more polarised, especially if there is "massive suffering".

Not EG's brightest spark, although he is right about the fact that people die.
  • Frogofdoom 6 Jul 2019 08:24:09 13,398 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Has anyone seen my crayons, I looked where I last left them and can only find the labels and a few bits of a yellow one.
  • sport 6 Jul 2019 09:07:32 15,060 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    If the nazis had gained power they would have been diffused.

Wake up people.
  • Psychotext 6 Jul 2019 11:04:09 65,132 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    lmao, personally unaffected. Unless you're living in America or some other country outside of Europe then you're very much going to be affected.

Fucking simpleton.
  • senso-ji 6 Jul 2019 11:10:57 9,574 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    frightlever wrote:
    I get that some UK citizens want to have free travel and the right to work within the EU but I fail to see how that explicitly benefits Britain economically.
    What

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.