Following Post Poll... Britain decided to... Page 1592

• fontgeeksogood 3 Feb 2020 18:01:05 8,686 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I guess you could fry in chlorine
  • JoelStinty 3 Feb 2020 18:35:39 8,493 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Whilst itís great Kuensberg etc walked out in solidarity, it would help if the news corporation you work for actually reports it. Nothing on BBC news at Six and nothing on their website (main news page at least).
  • JamboWayOh 3 Feb 2020 18:37:37 17,133 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Doing their job as usual. I'm sure they'll put it down to 'human error'. They love that one.
  • elstoof 3 Feb 2020 18:43:39 25,119 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    fontgeeksogood wrote:
    Gutter oil and chlorine is one of the more effective homemade bomb recipes
  • Darth_Flibble 3 Feb 2020 18:43:52 3,919 posts
    Seen 2 seconds ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Of course the gammons are defending Government tried to ban some journalists from a press briefing earlier.the bbc has another HYS shit show on their hands with gammons trying to defend everything apparently its "remoaner hipcrasy" about chlorine wash for veg in the EU and the US low standards for chlorine wash chicken. Their simple little brain does not understand you can't get samonella from veg and they are 2 different food types!
  • fontgeeksogood 3 Feb 2020 18:44:21 8,686 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    elstoof wrote:
    fontgeeksogood wrote:
    Just so long there's no fucking MSG in it
  • Technoishmatt 3 Feb 2020 18:45:45 3,832 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    The thing is, those online things are mostly bots, just like the forum. It is not real life.
  • elstoof 3 Feb 2020 18:46:11 25,119 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    What, you donít want the shits?
  • Not-a-reviewer 3 Feb 2020 18:47:16 5,922 posts
    Seen 59 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Darth_Flibble wrote:
    Of course the gammons are defending Government tried to ban some journalists from a press briefing earlier.the bbc has another HYS shit show on their hands with gammons trying to defend everything apparently its "remoaner hipcrasy" about chlorine wash for veg in the EU and the US low standards for chlorine wash chicken. Their simple little brain does not understand you can't get samonella from veg and they are 2 different food types!
    You can get salmonella from vegetables.
  • Darth_Flibble 3 Feb 2020 18:51:54 3,919 posts
    Seen 2 seconds ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    @Not-a-reviewer

I stand corrected, what I should of said then is animals kept in filthy conditions as its cheaper, you are not going to get that with veg (unless someone throws the veg with food that is diseased already) salmonella was a poor choice
  • JamboWayOh 3 Feb 2020 18:58:11 17,133 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    fontgeeksogood wrote:
    elstoof wrote:
    fontgeeksogood wrote:
    Just so long there's no fucking MSG in it
    If it's not able to be cooked in a rice cooker then I don't want to know thank you very much.
  • barchetta 4 Feb 2020 22:14:05 2,137 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Ministry of double speak swings into action....

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/feb/04/no-more-deal-or-no-deal-no-10s-brexit-diktat-to-foreign-office
  • Tonka 5 Feb 2020 05:46:36 30,116 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Canada or Australia?
    What happened to Norway style deal?
  • Dougs 5 Feb 2020 05:49:37 92,087 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    That was never on the cards under this administration. It's another thing that leavers misled people by during the campaign. And tbh, whilst the path we are on is likely to be more damaging to the economy than Norway,i can see why it's preferred (politically). We may as well remained part of the EU otherwise
  • Armoured_Bear 5 Feb 2020 13:58:18 28,163 posts
    Seen 55 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    https://twitter.com/camcamdamn/status/1224652672302813184?s=21

Enjoy your sewage , Brexiteers.
  • ZuluHero 5 Feb 2020 14:17:33 7,952 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Darth_Flibble wrote:
    @Not-a-reviewer

I stand corrected, what I should of said then is animals kept in filthy conditions as its cheaper, you are not going to get that with veg (unless someone throws the veg with food that is diseased already) salmonella was a poor choice
    Not strictly true, you can get food poisoning; Salmonella, e-coli etc from unwashed veg due to being grown in manure and/or pickers hygiene.

Stuff on shelves might look clean, but every bag will tell you to make sure you wash it properly. You might get away with it 9 times out of 10, but it's not just a case of assuming that it's safe just because it's veg.
  • DaM 5 Feb 2020 15:05:27 17,430 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    I hear the US grow their vegetables in actual dirt!
  • ZuluHero 5 Feb 2020 15:26:21 7,952 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    And water it in gatorade. It's got what plants crave.
  • Jono62 5 Feb 2020 17:02:08 23,608 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I hear they use nuclear waste so they grow quicker
  • X201 5 Feb 2020 18:13:54 19,851 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Darth_Flibble wrote:
    @Not-a-reviewer

You also need to consider what pesticides and fertiliser has been used to grow the veg. Some of the stuff thatís still allowed in the Americas was banned yonks ago in Europe
  • Armoured_Bear 5 Feb 2020 19:06:44 28,163 posts
    Seen 55 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    X201 wrote:
    Darth_Flibble wrote:
    @Not-a-reviewer

You also need to consider what pesticides and fertiliser has been used to grow the veg. Some of the stuff thatís still allowed in the Americas was banned yonks ago in Europe
    To be allowed shortly again in Brexitlandia.
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 5 Feb 2020 19:30:10 7,712 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Before getting too sniffy about US food standards, remember that on the Global Food Security Index they rank above the UK - and above a good chunk of the EU - on food safety.

https://foodsecurityindex.eiu.com/
  • Armoured_Bear 5 Feb 2020 19:40:58 28,163 posts
    Seen 55 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Rogueywon wrote:
    Before getting too sniffy about US food standards, remember that on the Global Food Security Index they rank above the UK - and above a good chunk of the EU - on food safety.

Considering that meat standards are lower (as documented in fast food nation, slaughterhouses have to have different processes for any meat bound for Europe rather than for local consumption) and food poisoning is far higher, that surprises me.
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 5 Feb 2020 20:03:42 7,712 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Food standards are different between the US and EU, but it is generally incorrect to say that EU standards are better. Food poisoning rates are measured differently and are not directly comparable.

https://fullfact.org/health/food-poisoning-US-UK/

There's a lot of bullshit in the Brexit debate, most of it from the Leave side. But unfortunately food standards are one area where Remainers tend to be the bigger sinners.

Edit: More details on why a lot of the narrative around US food standards is misleading: https://techround.co.uk/business/american-food-standards/

Edited by Rogueywon at 20:07:46 05-02-2020
  • Armoured_Bear 5 Feb 2020 20:19:49 28,163 posts
    Seen 55 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Rogueywon wrote:
    Food standards are different between the US and EU, but it is generally incorrect to say that EU standards are better. Food poisoning rates are measured differently and are not directly comparable.

https://fullfact.org/health/food-poisoning-US-UK/

There's a lot of bullshit in the Brexit debate, most of it from the Leave side. But unfortunately food standards are one area where Remainers tend to be the bigger sinners.

Edit: More details on why a lot of the narrative around US food standards is misleading: https://techround.co.uk/business/american-food-standards/
    techround is about as politically neutral as The Morning Star.
  • JamboWayOh 5 Feb 2020 20:28:38 17,133 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    https://www.theguardian.com/business/2020/feb/05/uk-to-strengthen-sea-patrols-to-ward-off-post-brexit-fishing-wars

This should get all the Brexit crowd frothing in excitement.
  • IMO 5 Feb 2020 20:35:10 7,121 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    JamboWayOh wrote:
    https://www.theguardian.com/business/2020/feb/05/uk-to-strengthen-sea-patrols-to-ward-off-post-brexit-fishing-wars

This should get all the Brexit crowd frothing in excitement.
    "Double" from 2 to 4.
  • Technoishmatt 5 Feb 2020 20:53:55 3,832 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Rogueywon wrote:

Considering that meat standards are lower (as documented in fast food nation, slaughterhouses have to have different processes for any meat bound for Europe rather than for local consumption) and food poisoning is far higher, that surprises me.
    You have to look into the detail. The is a food security index sponsored by an american agribusiness. It includes a quality and safety metric, of which the safety metric is composite of three factors: is there a food standards agency (simple yes gives you 100%, no 0%), are their fridges, and does everybody have access to clean drinking water. UK scores better than US on sfatey as not everybody in US has access to clean water...

So it doesnt actually look at anything more detailed than whether there is an agency or not!
  • Technoishmatt 5 Feb 2020 20:56:55 3,832 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Also in any case, the chlorinated chickens debate is about farming standards.
  • JamboWayOh 5 Feb 2020 23:10:35 17,133 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Technoishmatt wrote:
    Also in any case, the chlorinated chickens debate is about farming standards.
    Indeed, isn't it more to that our standard would have to match the Americans, as in we couldn't force them to take on ours if it came to it?

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.