Following Post Poll... Britain decided to... Page 1601

  • X201 18 Jun 2020 17:52:05 20,695 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    mothercruncher wrote:
    Have we done the blue passports have turned out to be black thing yet?
    Racist!
  • Dougs 18 Jun 2020 18:06:54 94,086 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    mothercruncher wrote:
    Have we done the blue passports have turned out to be black thing yet?
    They always were, weren't they? My old one certainly wasn't blue. Unless that's what you meant!
  • Psychotext 18 Jun 2020 18:19:24 66,953 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    I think that's basically the point. They were always (virtually) black... just these gammony cunts had faulty memories.
  • X201 18 Jun 2020 19:23:49 20,695 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    And eyesight.
    Should have driven to Barnard Castle
  • HelloNo 27 Jun 2020 13:11:42 2,180 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    'We've bought the wrong satellites': UK tech gamble baffles experts

    Bid for 20% of OneWeb to replace Galileo after Brexit ‘looks like nationalism trumping industrial policy’

    https://www.theguardian.com/science/2020/jun/26/satellite-experts-oneweb-investment-uk-galileo-brexit
  • Zyrr 27 Jun 2020 19:26:49 448 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Call me cynical, but the way things are going I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if the contract to 'convert' these satellites goes to a small tech startup (that just happens to belong to one of Cummings' mates) which pockets a tidy sum of public money, before the project inevitably goes tits-up and is swept under the rug and never spoken of again.
  • Jono62 27 Jun 2020 19:31:04 25,062 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    No, this government wouldn't do anything like that.
  • sport 27 Jun 2020 19:37:19 15,997 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Good comment on r/UK:

    "So we hired a company that doesn't own any ferries to sail between two ports that don't operate anymore, spent an awful lot of money on an app that doesn't actually work properly on iPhones, and now bought the wrong satellites."
  • eleven63 27 Jun 2020 19:54:53 2,712 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    sport wrote:
    Good comment on r/UK:

    "So we hired a company that doesn't own any ferries to sail between two ports that don't operate anymore, spent an awful lot of money on an app that doesn't actually work properly on iPhones, and now bought the wrong satellites."
    This sums it up. I just don't think the media are being hard enough on the government. Not asking enough, or the right questions. Seem to be easily brushed aside by the, 'its too early for an enquiry/whatever wait until it's over' etc type sound bites.

    A read an opinion piece today that put forward the idea that the daily briefings, for example, were politically biased - the journalists, the media the majority represented - and not science based. And therefore why?

    Not enough scrutiny on the facts or the why's.
  • Salaman 29 Jun 2020 13:16:26 23,827 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Psychotext wrote:
    Strap, in, we're super fucked come January.

    UK cabinet office minister Michael Gove said on Twitter: "I formally confirmed the UK will not extend the transition period & the moment for extension has now passed. On 1 January 2021 we will take back control and regain our political & economic independence."
    https://www.rte.ie/news/brexit/2020/0612/1146966-brexit/
    I keep thinking the UK government must be playing some weird game of chicken and hopes the other side will flinch.

    It just conjures up this image of a guy pointing a gun at his own foot and threatening to shoot if he doesn't get his way.
  • grey_matters 29 Jun 2020 15:59:19 5,265 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    @Salaman

    Presumably they are just releasing statements so that they can point them out to their base and give the impression that it's someone else's fault and that they were trying to achieve something when this all goes no-deal.
  • JamboWayOh 29 Jun 2020 16:02:55 19,356 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    grey_matters wrote:
    @Salaman

    Presumably they are just releasing statements so that they can point them out to their base and give the impression that it's someone else's fault and that they were trying to achieve something when this all goes no-deal.
    That's the impression I get, it's purely the act of a fraudster but on a national level and the public, well the supporters, still keep falling for it even when they visibly see themselves being swindled.
  • askew 29 Jun 2020 16:05:50 21,430 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Time to stock up on bog roll.
  • General_Martok 29 Jun 2020 16:29:42 1,236 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Already done, renewed cost co membership and bought another years supply last week. :)
  • Not-a-reviewer 29 Jun 2020 16:53:49 6,227 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    HelloNo wrote:
    'We've bought the wrong satellites': UK tech gamble baffles experts

    Bid for 20% of OneWeb to replace Galileo after Brexit ‘looks like nationalism trumping industrial policy’

    https://www.theguardian.com/science/2020/jun/26/satellite-experts-oneweb-investment-uk-galileo-brexit
    Even worse that the EU we’re willing for us to remain part of Galileo as so much of the development has been by UK engineers.

    Not all in the government are convinced that we need encryption on things like this as the theory is that the data gets lots in the noise.
  • Darth_Flibble 30 Jun 2020 17:27:44 4,241 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    b.b.b.but we all hold all the cards!!!11111

    Britons being refused job interviews in Europe because of Brexit, MPs told
    https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/job-interviews-british-citizens-europe-brexit-a9593066.html

    Morons who voted for brexit can't retire in france but its the "evil EU" fault who are "mean"

    https://www.reddit.com/r/brexit/comments/hiic5g/brexit_consequences_a_couple_who_planned_to/
  • RichDC 30 Jun 2020 17:40:50 8,856 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    It's all right. Mark Francois has written to Brussels to remind them that we're Great Britain and won't be taking any of their shit.
  • JamboWayOh 30 Jun 2020 17:43:49 19,356 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Phew!
  • nickthegun 30 Jun 2020 17:51:58 81,772 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Have you seen it? It would be embarrassing for a daily mail commenter, let alone an elected MP.

    Like proper ‘makes you embarrassed to be British’ cringe
  • JamboWayOh 30 Jun 2020 18:00:05 19,356 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    No I have not seen, I would fucking love to. I imagine it's full of bombastic language with lots of exclamation marks. Am I close?
  • captbirdseye 30 Jun 2020 18:06:20 9,629 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Mark Francois said “Believe it or not I do 50 press-ups each morning, before getting in the shower”.

    Hahahaha.
  • RichDC 30 Jun 2020 18:13:15 8,856 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    It opens with "I'm a member of the European Research Group, the ERG. You might be heard of us."

    And finishes with "All we want to be is a free and independent nation capable of electing our own leaders and making our own laws."

    It really does.

    Edited by RichDC at 18:13:31 30-06-2020
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 30 Jun 2020 18:16:35 24,942 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    captbirdseye wrote:
    Mark Francois said “Believe it or not I do 50 press-ups each morning, before getting in the shower”.

    Hahahaha.
    Is a press-up also some kind of bacon sandwich?
  • JamboWayOh 30 Jun 2020 18:17:02 19,356 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    RichDC wrote:
    It opens with "I'm a member of the European Research Group, the ERG. You might be heard of us."

    And finishes with "All we want to be is a free and independent nation capable of electing our own leaders and making our own laws."

    It really does.
    He forgot to add 'and killing our own people on our own'.
  • Jono62 30 Jun 2020 18:32:14 25,062 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Letter is here

    https://twitter.com/andreajenkyns/status/1277613712292155393?s=19
  • JamboWayOh 30 Jun 2020 18:38:58 19,356 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Jono62 wrote:
    Letter is here

    https://twitter.com/andreajenkyns/status/1277613712292155393?s=19
    That is truly embarrassing on every level. I can only imagine he dictated that to his assistant one handed.
  • grey_matters 30 Jun 2020 19:07:52 5,265 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    JamboWayOh wrote:
    Jono62 wrote:
    Letter is here

    https://twitter.com/andreajenkyns/status/1277613712292155393?s=19
    That is truly embarrassing on every level. I can only imagine he dictated that to his assistant one handed.
    Dear Mr Francois,

    It appears that someone is trying to pass themselves off as you and besmirching your good name by posting us absolutely moronic letters. Please find a copy attached.

    Kind Regards,

    Roger EU
  • TechnoHippy 30 Jun 2020 19:17:36 17,316 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    We pay this idiot's wages :-(
  • elstoof 30 Jun 2020 19:24:21 25,682 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    He actually does represent the people of Wickford well tbf
  • sport 30 Jun 2020 19:36:37 15,997 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Does Barnier know he was in the TAs?
Log in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.