Post Poll... Britain decided to... Page 1675

• nickthegun 19 Jan 2021 10:16:33 85,079 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    The organ grinders move onto the next thing to get them mad about. You can already see it with an increase in #defundthebbc activity
  • General_Martok 19 Jan 2021 10:17:32 1,862 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    "Now we can't watch the FA Cup on live TV! Nobody told me!"
  • ResidentKnievel 19 Jan 2021 10:21:18 7,514 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Getting rid of the BBC is going to be their next big act of national vandalism. Urgh.
  • nickthegun 19 Jan 2021 10:22:03 85,079 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I mean, yeah, your sympathy does have limits and at some point the question of personal responsibility has to be asked but to just point and gloat isnt really helpful either.

A lot of people in this country have been left behind during our transition to a 'knowledge' based, London-centric service economy and, really, what did they have to lose by voting for brexit? If it turned out to be a shit-show, what would change for someone living in Middlesbrough?
  • Vortex808 19 Jan 2021 10:22:46 14,749 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    ResidentKnievel wrote:
    Getting rid of the BBC is going to be their next big act of national vandalism. Urgh.
    I sincerely hope the public does not let that happen.

Although the public voted for brexit, so who knows.
  • imamazed 19 Jan 2021 10:23:00 6,588 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    ResidentKnievel wrote:
    "We just want the BBC to be competitive"
  • fontgeeksogood 19 Jan 2021 10:26:09 12,442 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    General_Martok wrote:
    So what happens the people that voted for Brexit realise it's not going to make their lives better?

Fun times ahead.
    A large portion of them will be embarrassed and cling on to hope / pretend this is what they wanted. A significant portion of people who didn't vote for it will be lolling in their faces "get over it, you won!"

And nothing is learned, nor repaired
  • IRWATWO 19 Jan 2021 10:31:46 1,045 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    ResidentKnievel wrote:
    Already largely accomplished I think. BBC News has been pretty much neutered after 40 years of somewhat co-ordinated assault from the Tories, Murdoch rags and the rest, the drip drip drip has worked.
  • General_Martok 19 Jan 2021 10:34:25 1,862 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    I mean, yeah, your sympathy does have limits and at some point the question of personal responsibility has to be asked but to just point and gloat isnt really helpful either.

A lot of people in this country have been left behind during our transition to a 'knowledge' based, London-centric service economy and, really, what did they have to lose by voting for brexit? If it turned out to be a shit-show, what would change for someone living in Middlesbrough?
    This is why the blonde haired twat ball is sprouting all this levelling up Britain shit. It's the right message handled by an incompetent twat that will do the opposite and break up the country in the process.

I think at this point it would help if Scotland became independent might sobre up some of the less wonky people in this country.

"England prevails"

V for Vendetta will start to look prophetic :/
  • sport 19 Jan 2021 10:35:14 16,679 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    General_Martok wrote:
    So what happens the people that voted for Brexit realise it's not going to make their lives better?

Fun times ahead.
    Easy, blame the settled foreigners who weren't deported and are STILL taking ARE jerbs!
  • Psychotext 19 Jan 2021 10:35:23 69,731 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    If it turned out to be a shit-show, what would change for someone living in Middlesbrough?
    Plenty? We're already starting to lose a bunch of companies, and with the people in charge, the jobless are hardly going to see sufficient support.
  • fontgeeksogood 19 Jan 2021 10:40:21 12,442 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I've been to Middlesbrough. Nick is right. Even if anyone there gave a shit about what happens in London (and why would they), there's really very fucking little which could happen which would make the city (?) more shit
  • Darth_Flibble 19 Jan 2021 10:46:08 4,927 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    General_Martok wrote:

Fun times ahead.
    Some are just raging but "its not their fault" for what ever reason eg EU, lied to, "remoaners" can't admit they were wrong

the other half are doing mental backflips saying "they were right still"

also a company that keeps advertising for designers and artworkers but pay them minimum wage and get treated like shit. They are loving the idea that tory cunt put out there about removing workers rights for temp staff. I can more companies doing this if that tory filth removes more workers rights (that were protected by EU rules)
  • Darth_Flibble 19 Jan 2021 10:47:17 4,927 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    fontgeeksogood wrote:
    I've been to Middlesbrough. Nick is right. Even if anyone there gave a shit about what happens in London (and why would they), there's really very fucking little which could happen which would make the city (?) more shit
    A drone strike would improve it
  • X201 19 Jan 2021 10:48:45 21,392 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Vortex808 wrote:
    ResidentKnievel wrote:
    I sincerely hope the public does not let that happen.

Although the public voted for brexit, so who knows.

The standard Tory playbook is already at work, it started years ago.

Underfund it and underfund it some more. - e.g Osborn raiding the license fee as a slush fund to finance BT doing the broadband roll out and to tide Channel 4 over when it hit cash problems. Then shackle the BBC with the cost of the Free TV license and top it off with miniscule license fee increases. Oh, and we're going to publish the wages of all of your staff so that the other channels can cherry pick them.

Second, get the public to hate it - Well some of you lot have certainly bought into that, constantly moaning that the BBC news site isn't carrying the specific news story that you want to see there or that the wording of something is wrong, then joining the Twitter pile-on whilst not holding other organisations to the same standards. Tory's attacking it for being too-left wing, Labour supporters accusing it of being in the Govt's pocket. Scottish Nats constantly accusing it of being "The English Broadcasting Company". The Tory financial attacks are hitting the BBC newsroom hard, it can't do everything that it used to.

Third - offer privatisation as a way of "fixing it"

May I humbly suggest that those of you who constantly slag it off, take a step back, look at how the Tories are dragging it to its knees and instead vent your anger at the political party that is destroying the ONLY global media brand that the UK has.
    Protect it like the NHS, because when you've lost the BBC you'll never get it back and you'll never get anything better.

Edited by X201 at 10:50:15 19-01-2021
  • Darth_Flibble 19 Jan 2021 10:59:10 4,927 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    You know the tories will kill off the NHS once covid is "over" for years they have stabbed in the back. You have cunts like farage that want to sell it off to America drug companies and tories want it as well but less vocal about it due to covid.

The hate the BBC gets by tory supporters is just propaganda and idiots repeat it
  • Psychotext 19 Jan 2021 11:00:57 69,731 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Things are looking pretty good... uhh... for Europe?

The company, which did not want to be named, said it had about 50 trucks delivering cargo every week from the EU to the UK, but they were returning empty as importers in key industries such as the motor sector were willing to cough up to ensure smooth passage.

“Companies are willing to pay the price for the trucks to go back empty because it’s cheaper than being stuck in a lorry park for four or five days,” said the source.

“If they have a delivery coming from Belgium or Germany they would prefer the truck to go back and get a second or third delivery,” they added.

“The UK is already the laughing stock of Europe with Brexit, but I have to say, and I don’t enjoy saying this, we are making a lot of money out of it,” said the source.
  • JamboWayOh 19 Jan 2021 11:43:32 22,927 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    THEY NEED US!!!
  • Vortex808 19 Jan 2021 11:48:36 14,749 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    JamboWayOh wrote:
    THEY NEED US!!!
    Yes, to make lots of money due to UK stupidity!
  • IRWATWO 19 Jan 2021 11:54:42 1,045 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Vortex808 wrote:
    JamboWayOh wrote:
    THEY NEED US!!!
    Yes, to make lots of money due to UK stupidity!
    And for the comedy value. Fawlty Towers on a national scale.
  • Psychotext 19 Jan 2021 12:22:39 69,731 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Looks like we have a good place to store all that sovereignty...

https://twitter.com/scotfoodjames/status/1351491482063171588
  • DaM 19 Jan 2021 14:18:21 17,628 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    Psychotext wrote:

I have no sympathy for them. They've voted to destroy their town.

It's the shellfish guys that didn't vote for it who are suffering more. The trawler guys can fuck off to an EU port with their catch.

Wonder if it will stop that area voting Tory?
  • challenge_hanukkah 19 Jan 2021 14:22:08 13,766 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I'm still hoping we can trawl something out of all this, or we'll all be truly sunk.
  • captbirdseye 19 Jan 2021 14:28:33 10,430 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    DaM wrote:
    Psychotext wrote:

I have no sympathy for them. They've voted to destroy their town.

It's the shellfish guys that didn't vote for it who are suffering more. The trawler guys can fuck off to an EU port with their catch.

Wonder if it will stop that area voting Tory?
    The town's were already a dump with very little employment opportunities outside of the fishing which is miniscule anyways. The anger should be at trade body's and unions convincing them that Brexit would bring them opportunities which aren't going to happen over night.
  • IRWATWO 19 Jan 2021 16:30:52 1,045 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/jan/19/business-secretary-confirms-post-brexit-review-uk-workers-rights

Man who wrote paper 8 year ago wanting to reduce workers rights and now in charge of workers rights says no plans to reduce workers rights.
  • TheSaint 19 Jan 2021 17:41:05 20,388 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    He seemed a lot nicer when he was singing and dancing in the Halifax adverts.
  • Psychotext 19 Jan 2021 17:43:39 69,731 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    IRWATWO wrote:
    https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/jan/19/business-secretary-confirms-post-brexit-review-uk-workers-rights

Man who wrote paper 8 year ago wanting to reduce workers rights and now in charge of workers rights says no plans to reduce workers rights.
    Looking pretty good for workers rights then.
  • challenge_hanukkah 19 Jan 2021 19:53:22 13,766 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I like how Brexit was touted as something that was supposed to open up trade as we she'd the shackles of the EU and we could make our own deals the world over and now we have IDS leading the charge to do less trade.

I mean, he's not wrong that China doesn't have a wonderful track record on human rights, but the irony of this is pretty funny.
  • Psychotext 19 Jan 2021 22:01:08 69,731 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Don't forget the vote to basically say "fuck you parliament, you don't get a say on trade deals".
  • mothercruncher 20 Jan 2021 09:16:36 18,883 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Wrong threadidge, wouldn’t even with PES’s penis.

Edited by mothercruncher at 09:25:17 20-01-2021
Sign in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.