Following Post Poll... Britain decided to... Page 1688

• challenge_hanukkah 14 Feb 2021 20:38:13 14,208 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Is Heavy_Salad a tribute act?
  • Psychotext 15 Feb 2021 22:35:52 70,170 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Ouch. Minor, but the first time I've seen it personally...

Just ordered a bunch of pesto etc from Sacla and saw on their checkout page that they're not currently delivering to Northern Ireland.
  • DJCopa 16 Feb 2021 11:57:12 2,565 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Waiting on a hoodie from Element, been about 3 weeks.

Got an email saying out for delivery - checked DPD tracking and stuck in Oirchot (NL) with note "Parcel in Customs Clearance: Missing or incorrect data.

So happy with Brexit - so many wins across the board...
  • SuperFurry85 16 Feb 2021 12:48:11 9 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    DJCopa wrote:
    Waiting on a hoodie from Element, been about 3 weeks.

Got an email saying out for delivery - checked DPD tracking and stuck in Oirchot (NL) with note "Parcel in Customs Clearance: Missing or incorrect data.

So happy with Brexit - so many wins across the board...
    Think of the benefits. They'll be along any... day... now.
  • Psychotext 16 Feb 2021 13:09:55 70,170 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Oddly enough, the rum I ordered from the Netherlands showed up with no delay or drama at all. Plus, extra bonus... they didn't charge me any VAT.
  • Psychotext 21 Feb 2021 21:33:27 70,170 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Have transit, will Brexit.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/feb/21/sussex-medicines-firm-takes-production-line-abroad-white-van-beat-brexit-ban
  • TechnoHippy 22 Feb 2021 18:57:25 19,123 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    A Brexit dividend at last!

https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/news/victory-ride-on-lawnmowers-to-avoid-motor-insurance-under-new-post-brexit-rules/21/02/
  • Psychotext 22 Feb 2021 19:20:54 70,170 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Irony of course is that they're the first sort of people to complain about THE MADNESS OF CYCLISTS WITHOUT INSURANCE.

But no, a vehicle heavy enough to crush you is just fine. Fill your boots.
  • muddyyfunster 23 Feb 2021 15:52:58 1,132 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I'm currently waiting on something I ordered from Fanatec. UPS have treated me to 16 days of bonus delays and counting. Current ETA Friday but has already twice been delayed without notice, on both occasions just a no show with tracking showing still in Germany.

I ordered from Fanatec in the golden age of enlightenment (2020) and received it 48hrs later.

Obviously, I know Brexit and Covid aren't their fault, but they are charging almost £40 for this 'service'. They've also popped a message on their website saying they've suspended their money-back guarantee.
  • Psychotext 25 Feb 2021 10:10:59 70,170 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    This is hilarious: https://www.independent.co.uk/business/uk-financial-services-bank-of-england-b1806765.html

Bank of England expects the City of London to lose £25 trillion to £89 trillion in European derivatives trading business over the next year.
    There's literally fuck all we can do to stop the EU taking that business from us (we have no inherent right to do it in the first place now we're out of the EU)... but yeah, lets stamp our feet about it anyway.

Edited by Psychotext at 10:18:04 25-02-2021
  • IRWATWO 25 Feb 2021 10:35:12 1,208 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson, Prime Minister of the United Kingdom and Leader of the Conservative Party -

'Fuck business'
  • Xerx3s 25 Feb 2021 10:44:42 23,969 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Psychotext wrote:
    This is hilarious: https://www.independent.co.uk/business/uk-financial-services-bank-of-england-b1806765.html

Bank of England expects the City of London to lose £25 trillion to £89 trillion in European derivatives trading business over the next year.
    There's literally fuck all we can do to stop the EU taking that business from us (we have no inherent right to do it in the first place now we're out of the EU)... but yeah, lets stamp our feet about it anyway.
    These people, they are not stupid (I hope). I sometimes wonder if they just parrot party dogma and know the reality, or if they really believe it.

I mean, it's pretty simple. The EU is a group aimed at consolidating power and looking out for the interests of said group. Stepping out of said group automatically means that, even with the best intent and friendship, it will no longer have your interests at heart. If it can get more powerful at your expense, it will. This is how the world works. The US and everybody else is doing exactly the same.
  • IRWATWO 25 Feb 2021 11:28:05 1,208 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    They are stupid when it suits them. All our most flagwavy media are saying we must exploit the advantages Brexit gives the UK (and the advantage vaccines give us for that matter), and at the same time are up in arms every time the EU do the same.

Bailey is savvy enough to play the stupid card on their behalf when it suits him, as the PM would approve of - surprised befuddlement at the underhand tactics of Johnny Foreigner. To do otherwise might point back to the fact this sort of thing was blazingly obvious before during and since the Brexit campaign, led by said PM.
  • Psychotext 25 Feb 2021 18:34:08 70,170 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I'LL HAVE NONE OF THAT FOREIGN MUCK THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

https://twitter.com/nicktolhurst/status/1364917215649280001
  • dfunked09 25 Feb 2021 18:38:08 2,093 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Are pees!
  • challenge_hanukkah 25 Feb 2021 18:40:12 14,208 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It's to crunch, mister for dinner tonight.
  • sport 25 Feb 2021 18:45:21 16,934 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Global Bri-in!
  • BreadBinLidHero 25 Feb 2021 18:49:07 10,665 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    'British fancy peas', it actually sounds thick.
  • Salaman 26 Feb 2021 12:28:05 24,107 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    And here you all were, making fun of "Freedom fries' a few years* back!

* 2003? Man time flies. 18 years ago it is then.
  • Psychotext 1 Mar 2021 11:53:09 70,170 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Unlit Sumplands!

The government's plan to introduce checks on food and drink from the European Union this summer risks hampering the re-opening of pubs and restaurants, industry bodies have warned.

Cheese, wine, vegetables and other imports from the continent are at risk of being delayed.

“There would have been a full-blown crisis in Northern Ireland in January had restaurants been open and the same sort of thinking could play out for EU-UK flows,” said Shane Brennan, Chief Executive of The Cold Chain Federation.

“It is unprecedented in terms of what we are going to experience”.

Unlike the EU, which implemented post-Brexit checks on goods coming from the UK on January 1st, the government has opted for a phased approach in order to give businesses time to prepare.
    Related

On April 1st UK border officials will begin requesting Sanitary & Phytosanitary paperwork for animal and plant imports like meat and eggs. Three months later, on July 1st, all goods arriving into Britain from EU member states will face a full range of customs, security and health checks.
    https://www.politicshome.com/news/article/brexit-import-checks-april-july-hospitality
  • Jono62 1 Mar 2021 12:06:54 27,008 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Weatherspoons will be ok, he doesn't have any foreign muck in his pubs, just workers.

Edited by Jono62 at 12:07:13 01-03-2021
  • JamboWayOh 1 Mar 2021 12:12:38 24,368 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Psychotext wrote:
    Unlit Sumplands!

The government's plan to introduce checks on food and drink from the European Union this summer risks hampering the re-opening of pubs and restaurants, industry bodies have warned.

Cheese, wine, vegetables and other imports from the continent are at risk of being delayed.

“There would have been a full-blown crisis in Northern Ireland in January had restaurants been open and the same sort of thinking could play out for EU-UK flows,” said Shane Brennan, Chief Executive of The Cold Chain Federation.

“It is unprecedented in terms of what we are going to experience”.

Unlike the EU, which implemented post-Brexit checks on goods coming from the UK on January 1st, the government has opted for a phased approach in order to give businesses time to prepare.
    Related

On April 1st UK border officials will begin requesting Sanitary & Phytosanitary paperwork for animal and plant imports like meat and eggs. Three months later, on July 1st, all goods arriving into Britain from EU member states will face a full range of customs, security and health checks.
    https://www.politicshome.com/news/article/brexit-import-checks-april-july-hospitality
    ARE SOVRINTY!
  • Load_2.0 1 Mar 2021 17:57:29 33,287 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    June Mummery former Brexit Party MEP and seafood company owner is distraught that Brexit hasn't made her rich and in fact quite problematic.

She's joined by Lance Foreman Brexiteer and owner of a smoked salmon business who wants compensation for Brexit related cost...

Shameless.
  • Dougs 1 Mar 2021 18:07:08 99,666 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Absolutely. It's quite something that they could get things so wrong.
  • JamboWayOh 1 Mar 2021 19:25:42 24,368 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Load_2.0 wrote:
    June Mummery former Brexit Party MEP and seafood company owner is distraught that Brexit hasn't made her rich and in fact quite problematic.

She's joined by Lance Foreman Brexiteer and owner of a smoked salmon business who wants compensation for Brexit related cost...

Shameless.
    Shameless, idiotic, greedy, actions have consequences. I mean we could go on but you know it's ok because they've got their freedom from those EU laws that control their lives, the EU laws which they can't recall when asked for a legitimate example. But I suppose I'm judging them too hard, they've just had a different opinion and all opinions are valid in the marketplace of ideas. Apparently.

Edited by JamboWayOh at 19:26:13 01-03-2021
  • TheSaint 2 Mar 2021 00:09:14 20,769 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    No money for public sector pay rises but plenty to plant pro-Brexit propaganda in a bunch of different newspapers:

https://twitter.com/mikegalsworthy/status/1366122423855251460?s=21
  • Technoishmatt 2 Mar 2021 00:38:43 5,244 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I mean, that shit cost a few thousand pounds. Pay rises is billions compounded forever.
  • TheSaint 2 Mar 2021 07:44:09 20,769 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    I’m aware that the two things don’t cost the same.
  • Deleted user 2 March 2021 08:27:57
    I would laugh at breixteers if I wasn’t stuck with them on this fetid island.
  • mrharvest 4 Mar 2021 08:50:56 5,716 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    https://amp.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/mar/04/brexit-northern-ireland-loyalist-armies-renounce-good-friday-agreement

A body that claims to represent loyalist paramilitary organisations has told Boris Johnson the outlawed groups are withdrawing support for Northern Ireland’s historic peace agreement.
Sign in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.