Following Post Poll... Britain decided to... Page 1691

• Jono62 8 Apr 2021 18:42:49 26,845 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Is cunt acceptable now?
  • TechnoHippy 8 Apr 2021 18:46:15 18,994 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Well enough people voted for it, so it must be.
  • Deleted user 8 April 2021 18:50:26
    Jono62 wrote:
    Is cunt acceptable now?
    DEPENDS ON HOW MUCH OF A PUSSY YOU ARE

https://imgur.com/gallery/Z8gzXZU

Edited by whatfruits at 18:53:21 08-04-2021
  • Humperfunk 8 Apr 2021 19:24:25 8,549 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Psychotext wrote:
    All looking good in NI. Dems some Brexit dividends for sure!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-56669508
    I'm moving to Northern Ireland next weekend. To say that I am a tad nervous is fair.
  • Salaman 8 Apr 2021 21:04:28 24,080 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    It's not all doom and gloom guys.

I just read an article that Brexit didn't cost any Flemish jobs. There was a 6% drop in exports from Flanders to the UK.

There's some frustration about the longer wait times, though.
  • X201 8 Apr 2021 21:45:05 21,627 posts
    Seen 50 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Salaman wrote:
    It's not all doom and gloom guys.

I just read an article that Brexit didn't cost any Flemish jobs. There was a 6% drop in exports from Flanders to the UK.
    We donít need their fields anymore, now weíve got sunlit uplands
  • Load_2.0 8 Apr 2021 22:09:43 33,016 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    I can't pretend to understand the depth of feeling in Northern Ireland but as with the Bristol protests I suspect lockdown boredom is contributing to the scale of the unrest.
  • dfunked09 9 Apr 2021 07:23:58 1,991 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    My old boss voted Brexit and then moved to NI shortly after. He refers to the Irish as paddies to their faces. I'm sure that's going to end well...
  • Rodney 9 Apr 2021 07:30:50 4,963 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    If Britain remained in the EU would have still done itís own thing with the COVID vaccine or would it have needed to cooperate on manufacturing and distribution?
  • Not-a-reviewer 9 Apr 2021 07:33:30 7,307 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    It wouldnít have had to cooperate, that was a separate agreement between them all because they thought the power of the EU would get it sorted better.
  • DaM 9 Apr 2021 09:58:59 17,681 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    Rodney wrote:
    If Britain remained in the EU would have still done itís own thing with the COVID vaccine or would it have needed to cooperate on manufacturing and distribution?
    It was optional. Hungary has been buying from Russia. We were offered access to it.
  • General_Martok 9 Apr 2021 10:03:16 2,192 posts
    Seen 14 seconds ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    If anything, if we had remained in the EU the commission might not have been so naÔve in it's procurement process. They might have listened to one of it's biggest member states doing things differently for a reason and the EU might be in a completely different position in regards to Covid cases.

That's in a better alternate universe to this shitty one.

Edited by General_Martok at 10:03:29 09-04-2021
  • brokenkey 9 Apr 2021 11:09:26 10,948 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    Rodney wrote:
    The EU/vaccine thing is a bit of red herring. The EU will be at worst about 3 months behind the UK in getting everyone there vacinated. We'll be suffering the pains of Brexit for years to come.
  • mrharvest 9 Apr 2021 14:23:43 5,713 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Humperfunk wrote:
    I'm moving to Northern Ireland next weekend. To say that I am a tad nervous is fair.
    I'm in south Belfast and all of the nonsense happens elsewhere. Occasionally I've seen some people parading when going to town or smelled smoke from the bonfires but that's about it.
  • Rodney 9 Apr 2021 14:38:46 4,963 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Not-a-reviewer wrote:
    It wouldnít have had to cooperate, that was a separate agreement between them all because they thought the power of the EU would get it sorted better.

Thanks, Iíve been trying to find the answer to this. Are there any good articles on this, as I havenít been able to find any.

My understanding was that each country has its own health system with reciprocal arrangements, so I wasnít sure why being in the EU would compel a member
    participate in some centralised scheme. But I was a bit confused because the EU seems to be making agreements on the vaccine as a trading block

Edited by Rodney at 14:39:05 09-04-2021
  • Psychotext 9 Apr 2021 14:49:56 70,031 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    It was still the right decision in principal. Just at the time no-one seemed to realise that AZ would be a complete and utter shitshow.

I still hope they get dragged through the courts when this is all over with.
  • Matt_B 10 Apr 2021 12:16:22 510 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    @Rodney this is a good article about AZ contracts. Might help answer some of your questions. https://www.politico.eu/article/the-key-differences-between-the-eu-and-uk-astrazeneca-contracts/
  • Darth_Flibble 14 Apr 2021 16:48:33 5,187 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    don't worry, brexit has been worth it, as its given james "master gammon" dyson - freedom

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-56741000

Brexit has given the UK back its independence and boosted innovation, inventor Sir James Dyson has said.
    please fuck off
  • Armoured_Bear 14 Apr 2021 17:03:05 30,322 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Post deleted
  • General_Martok 14 Apr 2021 17:07:53 2,192 posts
    Seen 14 seconds ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Awesome, the Swiss government decided today to continue with the relaxing of measures despite meeting only 1 out of 5 of their own criteria and cases steadily rising. Doing this just when the vaccinations rollout are supposed to be accelerating defies belief.
    Utter arseholes that never learn from their mistakes.
    What a basket case of a country.

Why are you posting that in a thread about Brexit?
  • Armoured_Bear 14 Apr 2021 17:19:15 30,322 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    General_Martok wrote:
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Awesome, the Swiss government decided today to continue with the relaxing of measures despite meeting only 1 out of 5 of their own criteria and cases steadily rising. Doing this just when the vaccinations rollout are supposed to be accelerating defies belief.
    Utter arseholes that never learn from their mistakes.
    What a basket case of a country.

Why are you posting that in a thread about Brexit?
    Wrong thread. Ooops.
  • Darth_Flibble 15 Apr 2021 18:00:46 5,187 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    its too easy to make fun out of thick leave voters

Leave voter is shocked that his eBay sales to Europe are being taxed

https://www.reddit.com/r/LeopardsAteMyFace/comments/mq6015/leave_voter_is_shocked_that_his_ebay_sales_to/
  • bzzct 15 Apr 2021 18:22:49 2,357 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Psychotext wrote:
    It was still the right decision in principal. Just at the time no-one seemed to realise that AZ would be a complete and utter shitshow.

Sorry what? The EU is behind the UK in vaccination because they focused on trying to secure purchasing agreements for something that didn't exist yet, whereas the UK focused on helping to get the thing made - not because the people making it are "a shitshow".

Edited by bzzct at 19:00:33 15-04-2021
  • Psychotext 15 Apr 2021 19:14:24 70,031 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Who on earth mentioned the UK?

The EU signed a virtually identical agreement on basically the same day (technically a day before), but the difference is that AZ has completely fucked the EU around on supply, breaking agreement after agreement.

What I was talking about is how it does make sense in principal to group together for a huge bulk purchase like this as you can negotiate better terms / prices.
  • Robospud 15 Apr 2021 19:16:41 146 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    bzzct wrote:
    Psychotext wrote:

Sorry what? The EU is behind the UK in vaccination because they focused on trying to secure purchasing agreements for something that didn't exist yet, whereas the UK focused on helping to get the thing made - not because the people making it are "a shitshow".
    AZ reneged on their contract commitments, in addition to early issues with insufficient trial data (one of the reasons the US never approved them), continual manufacturing issues, and increasing evidence that their vaccine has serious enough side effects to be more dangerous than being unvaccinated in younger age groups in locations where infection levels arenít high. All this whilst also not matching the efficacy of the MRNA vaccines.

The UK has continually tried to turn it into an EU political thing while ignoring the fact that countries from Canada to Australia have also had serious issues with AZ.

There was no shortage of EU investment in vaccines, and it is in fact one of the biggest exporters of vaccines in the world, alongside India, while the UK has exported nothing and continues to be dependant on imports from the EU. Plenty more vaccines coming down the line from other manufacturers while more and more countries dump AZ. AZís reputation globally will be unlikely to recover from this.
  • bzzct 15 Apr 2021 19:58:27 2,357 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    I guess on the flipside there's the millions of lives that will be saved.
  • General_Martok 16 Apr 2021 08:18:44 2,192 posts
    Seen 14 seconds ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Billions eventually.
  • themanfromdelmonte 16 Apr 2021 09:44:49 763 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    There's also the dynamic that by the media and government portraying this vaccine story as a Brexit win, they giving people in pro Brexit areas an undue sense of confidence in how far along our vaccine program has gone. We've still a way to go before we're anything like ready to fully open and people don't seem to be grasping that.
  • General_Martok 16 Apr 2021 09:56:13 2,192 posts
    Seen 14 seconds ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    There is also the possibility that Germany might overtake us in the fully vaccinated number of people.

They're now at 5.19m and the UK is at 8.19m.

Given our headstart they're going quite well.

https://ourworldindata.org/grapher/people-fully-vaccinated-covid?tab=table

Edited by General_Martok at 09:57:11 16-04-2021
  • X201 16 Apr 2021 10:26:00 21,627 posts
    Seen 50 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Robospud wrote:

... and increasing evidence that their vaccine has serious enough side effects to be more dangerous than being unvaccinated in younger age groups in locations where infection levels arenít high. All this whilst also not matching the efficacy of the MRNA vaccines.
    That's a mighty big caveat.
    This just in:...Bear defecation lower in areas of the country that don't have woods.
Sign in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.