Post Poll... Britain decided to... Page 4

• Dizzy 24 Jun 2016 07:50:12 3,709 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Crashing pound... Time to book my holiday to the UK.
  • Deleted user 24 June 2016 07:51:57
    mattshark wrote:
    Madder-Max wrote:
    I looked out tge wondow this morning and the uk is still there so dont worry okay?
    Scotland will likely get another referendum and leaving and Northern Ireland could potentially leave.
    A Northern Irish referendum to leave the UK is pointless at the moment as it is doomed to fail so therefore wont happen. Just because we voted to stay in the EU is not linked in any way to leaving the UK. We are a different kettle of fish to Scotland.

Edited by Pinky_Floyd at 07:54:38 24-06-2016
  • MrTomFTW Best Moderator, 2016 24 Jun 2016 08:14:05 47,496 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    I work for a French Canadian company, and my shares in them are practically worthless now. My life savings are now worth 30% less. Not in the greatest of moods this morning it must be said.
  • mothercruncher 24 Jun 2016 08:17:43 16,197 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    BBC reporting that Cameron is about to come out and speak and rumour in press pack outside is that he will resign.
  • Rivuzu 24 Jun 2016 08:26:20 18,142 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    October.
  • mothercruncher 24 Jun 2016 08:26:22 16,197 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Yup- "we should aim for a new Prime Minister in time for the Conservative Party Conference in October".
  • richardiox 24 Jun 2016 08:36:59 7,695 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Who will be the new PM then?

I work for a council in Leeds and work with kids in care. They largely represent the views of more working class communities.

Had a meeting with about 20 of them on Wednesday and was casually asking about the referendum. All of them bar one detailed the narrative in their homes which was

"we should vote out to get rid of terrorists "

Huge victory for The Sun and The Mail this morning basically.
  • Armoured_Bear 24 Jun 2016 08:51:56 26,678 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    monkman76 wrote:
    @Armoured_Bear read it again
    Aha, ooops.
  • LittleSparra 24 Jun 2016 08:55:24 7,926 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    MrTomFTW wrote:
    I work for a French Canadian company, and my shares in them are practically worthless now. My life savings are now worth 30% less. Not in the greatest of moods this morning it must be said.
    Fearmongering! Don't be angry, that's childish! Get on with it, Tom!

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE
  • RelaxedMikki 24 Jun 2016 09:02:32 3,034 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @richardiox

Yup. We live on a council estate in the North. Sample quote from yesterday: "Nothing against the Pakis, but I'm voting for the school and hospitals"

I don't blame Cameron for standing down. He did what he said he would. Stood up for what he believed in, and got stabbed in the back by Boris. I don't blame him for standing down in the face of his party saying he shouldn't resign "immediately"

Using "immediately" like that is such a shitty veiled threat. "Don't worry. I am not going to kill you... immediately... just dig your own grave first..."

Edited by RelaxedMikki at 09:03:12 24-06-2016
  • Syrette 24 Jun 2016 09:04:54 50,224 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    richardiox wrote:

I work for a council in Leeds and work with kids in care. They largely represent the views of more working class communities.

Had a meeting with about 20 of them on Wednesday and was casually asking about the referendum. All of them bar one detailed the narrative in their homes which was

Yes because being in the EU has no security/anti-terrorism benefits.

Idiots.
  • robthehermit 24 Jun 2016 09:11:12 7,291 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    richardiox wrote:

BBC were saying that Boris is at the top of the list.
  • Deleted user 24 June 2016 09:11:23
    Syrette wrote:
    richardiox wrote:

Yes because being in the EU has no security/anti-terrorism benefits.

Idiots.
    I live in Leeds and the only small consolation is that it's one of the only big cities to vote remain.

Doesnt make shit all difference mind.
  • richardiox 24 Jun 2016 09:15:26 7,695 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Did Sheffield vote Leave? Despite their city (and much of the North) being regenerated in the 80s and 90s mainly from huge EU funding.

Yorkshire was due to receive about 900mil of additional EU funding over next three years. Councils USED TO BE ABLE to apply for funds directly from Brussels thus partially circumventing our government austerity measures which hit the north the hardest. /despair

It's mental.
  • mothercruncher 24 Jun 2016 09:20:32 16,197 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Cheltenham massive voted Remain at least \o/
  • Skirlasvoud 24 Jun 2016 09:25:00 4,039 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @MH-RobJenx

Actually, nearly all big cities voted to remain. It's just that the "Remain" lead in the cities wasn't nearly as big as expected, compared to the countryside, where people wanted to leave overwhelmingly.

Scotland and Ireland wanted to stay too.....

Wonder how it had worked out if the Scottish Independence thing had come closer on the heel, or after this Brexit thing. I would have liked the EU to keep Scotland.
  • richardiox 24 Jun 2016 09:27:37 7,695 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Makes sense rural (wealthier?) areas wanted to leave. It's usually places with no immigrants / migrants that are totally scared shitless of immigrants.
  • HoriZon 24 Jun 2016 09:34:27 14,224 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    When can I buy a more powerful vacuum cleaner?
  • Deleted user 24 June 2016 09:35:58
    HoriZon wrote:
    Also hopefully get coffee machines which dont have a maximum 40 minute shut off on the hot plate.
  • DaM 24 Jun 2016 09:36:02 17,323 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Skirlasvoud wrote:

Wonder how it had worked out if the Scottish Independence thing had come closer on the heel, or after this Brexit thing. I would have liked the EU to keep Scotland.
    It still might....speaking to other parents at the school today, and on Facebook, people are talking about emigrating, or going for Scottish Independence - people who voted No last time, have changed their minds as they don't want to be part of a country like what the UK is now.
  • devil_badger 24 Jun 2016 09:42:18 812 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Pinky_Floyd wrote:
    HoriZon wrote:
    Also hopefully get coffee machines which dont have a maximum 40 minute shut off on the hot plate.
    This is a thing? Mine doesn't shut off at all until I turn it off. Can make a jug and it's hot all day.
  • Bazooklad 24 Jun 2016 09:46:04 116 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Post deleted
  • Bazooklad 24 Jun 2016 09:46:32 116 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I feel sorry for the likes of Cornwall( which I have a lot of time for) - they are not a rich county.
    Now that they have voted to leave - the 60 million in EU funding is under threat - will the UK Gov' cover this shortfall in their economy?

I doubt very much that the local fishing industry will recover greatly over the next two years either.
  • Antwog 24 Jun 2016 09:46:46 110 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I'm generally surprised the Leave camp won. According to the news, the majority of Scottish and Irish voters wanted to stay in the EU so I foresee another Scottish independence push.

But seriously, while the benefits of leaving are less refugees and you don't need to pay annual membership fees to Belgium, the trade offs are you guys will go into a massive recession. Several EU countries and America have said they won't trade with Britain for a while. Also, Switzerland & Norway said Britain if want to trade with the EU need to pay non-member fees to do so like they do.
  • Dizzy 24 Jun 2016 09:48:31 3,709 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    @richardiox Yeah that funding will definitely be cancelled. I don't think the EU will hand out any funding to UK now.
  • robthehermit 24 Jun 2016 09:48:49 7,291 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Yeah, I live in Cornwall, and I'm a little surprised that as a county we voted to leave. The EU has injected a lot of cash into what is one of the poorest counties in the country.
  • sport 24 Jun 2016 09:50:14 14,977 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    OP Status Updated. Don't worry remainers, we won \o/
  • rep- 24 Jun 2016 09:51:08 132 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    So have our beaches been surrounded by barbed wire yet?
  • wizbob 24 Jun 2016 09:51:59 914 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I'm impressed you mad bastards! It would take another famine for Ireland to vote itself out of the EU.

Not to be crass, but after all this is a gaming site; should I wait until Amazon UK get better cards or just order a Founder's Edition 1080 GTX now in case there are supply problems later?

Surprised at Wales BTW, they'll be the first to suffer from the end of EU funds and the new cutbacks which, to be fair to the Brexit campaign , were clearly signposted in advance.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.