Horror novels (boo) Page 3

Next Last
  • ZuluHero 1 Jun 2020 09:53:37 8,931 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    This is a long shot, but I remember reading a book ages ago where the premise was a man who left his hometown, but returned much later for how work. He thinks the town hasn't changed at all, but something isn't quite right and no-one seems to recognise him. When he tries to leave he can't. I think it was something to do with alienss. I think the town drunk is the only one who remembers him.

I know this sounds a bit like the plot line of World's End, and that could be very much based on it, but i'm pretty certain it was set in the 80s and written by someone like Koontz/Herbet). Any ideas?
  • nickthegun 1 Jun 2020 09:59:17 82,376 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Sounds a bit like The Tommyknockers
  • Mola_Ram 1 Jun 2020 10:05:46 24,022 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Do you remember it being really shit? If so, yeah, it might be Tommyknockers.
  • THFourteen 1 Jun 2020 10:19:38 53,839 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Erm you’re not allowed usernames in thread titles or have you all forgotten.
  • Mola_Ram 1 Jun 2020 10:27:05 24,022 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Anyway, aside from Stephen King (hello IT, Pet Sematary, and bits of Skeleton Crew), the scariest thing I've ever read is probably House of Leaves. It's more of an existential kind of horror, and it's the sort of book you can't really talk about without sounding like a giant wanker (you'll understand if you try to read it), but I can't remember ever feeling more unnerved.
  • cov 1 Jun 2020 12:18:46 2,271 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Mmm i have one i cant remember from 80s. Small town America, something happens to the milk and it turns kids rabid...
  • Next Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.