Cancun? Page 2

Next Last
  • Deleted user 31 August 2016 22:32:29
    Don't go to Cancun, it's full of yank cunts, go to Florida instead?

We're not a great hive mind
  • anephric 31 Aug 2016 22:33:52 3,337 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Floridians are a special type of Yank cunt though. They're in a class of their own.
  • Youthist 31 Aug 2016 22:35:15 13,847 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Yeah we got direct Virgin flights to Cancun for 630 each back in June for flying in March 2017. A great price for direct, but you need to get in early after they get released as it quickly rises. Or as Trafford says look at indirect, which I guess is a lot easier without kids in tow.
  • anephric 31 Aug 2016 22:36:31 3,337 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I particularly like when they openly insult Latino guys working in gas stations. They ooze class.

Ooh, also when they encourage their kids to pull slitty-eyed Chinese faces when they're in that bit of Epcot. It's like all of Jim Davidson's 80s wet dreams come to fruition.
  • sammie 31 Aug 2016 22:44:41 39 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    It's the massive downside of being a teacher... You get 6 weeks off for summer and the prices of holidays triple .... And everywhere you go is full of kids!!

Made the mistake of searching adult only hotels in Cancun... Some interesting tours going on! Don't think I am mentally (or come to think of it physically) prepared for a booby tour! And my OH certainly isn't!!! Haha
  • anephric 31 Aug 2016 22:47:04 3,337 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    My missus went on a discount resort holiday to Mexico with her mum. It turned out it was a 50+ swinger's resort but her mum a) couldn't resist a bargain b) didn't tell my missus because she thought she wouldn't go and once she was there it would be too late and c) they could ignore all the superannuated poolside sex games if they drank enough mojitos.
  • Deleted user 31 August 2016 22:47:29
    Hard Rock is half adult only, back when I first went there (before it was a Hard Rock) it was all kid free and fucking brilliant because of it.

It is an expensive hotel but the service and quality can't be beat
  • sammie 31 Aug 2016 22:52:43 39 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    anephric wrote:
    My missus went on a discount resort holiday to Mexico with her mum. It turned out it was a 50+ swinger's resort but her mum a) couldn't resist a bargain b) didn't tell my missus because she thought she wouldn't go and once she was there it would be too late and c) they could ignore all the superannuated poolside sex games if they drank enough mojitos.
    Haha this sounds remarkably like the place that we found!
  • Trafford 31 Aug 2016 23:00:58 8,372 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Have a scout round the Easter dates, depending on when your holidays fall exactly there might be shoulder seasons for travel.
    My ex wife's a teacher like a lot of my clients. There's loads of great holiday options out there just maybe look beyond the usual travel brochures.
  • RelaxedMikki 31 Aug 2016 23:17:30 3,087 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I love Mexico, but am no fan of Cancun. It is a resort location for the USA, built out of the swamps in the last 50 years. Pretty soulless place. Benidorm for the USA is a decent comparison... if you just want sun and beach you might as well stay in Europe...

Florida can be OK out of season. I was there in the end of September once and Busch Gardens was so quiet that there were literally no queues (you could finish a ride, and then stroll straight back round and have another go...!). Weather was still great.
  • Next Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.