Divinity: Original Sin 2 Page 7

Next Last
  • docrob 13 Sep 2020 10:30:05 1,600 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Iím plodding on with this, on and off. I just reached the final act. Was starting to think my party might be a bit OP. Got to the harbour and fought the Kraken. Erm, not so much then. I did make it through the fight, but it was a pretty near thing, and Iíd become used to trampling over everyone.

This is a great game, but the AI cheats outrageously. Some of the enemies must have 10 AP or more every turn. Then you charm one of them, and suddenly they canít so much as walk and talk in the same round. Itís also REALLY long - my playthrough will likely end up over 200 hours.

Edited by docrob at 10:30:48 13-09-2020
  • chopsen 13 Sep 2020 13:17:19 21,191 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Twice I've started this game and twice I gave up in the final act.

It's possibly one my favourite RPG ever, but just cba finishing it for some reason.

Might start again. Again.
  • Red_Bool 14 Sep 2020 07:37:30 2,053 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Right. I think I've done all the mayor things that needed doing in Act II (bar some side-quests that I will probably look into tonight). My party just got to level 16.

It's funny how a couple of months ago I never thought I'd get back into this and now I've been playing this exclusively for weeks.
  • Red_Bool 16 Sep 2020 08:44:52 2,053 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Stumbled across this on Youtube yesterday. Just to show how inventive you can get with this game. It's brilliant!
  • docrob 16 Sep 2020 10:37:07 1,600 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Played for 2 hours last night. Probably 1 hour of exploring and fighting, and 1 hour of fiddling with gear. The inventory system was the worst thing about the first game, and they only improved it slightly.
  • Red_Bool 16 Sep 2020 11:29:23 2,053 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    docrob wrote:
    Played for 2 hours last night. Probably 1 hour of exploring and fighting, and 1 hour of fiddling with gear. The inventory system was the worst thing about the first game, and they only improved it slightly.
    Console or PC? I'm playing on Switch and a couple of times I've come real close to buying the PC version just to manage my inventory and hotbar.
    I mean, it is workable but sometimes it becomes a real chore...
  • docrob 18 Sep 2020 00:48:32 1,600 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Red_Bool wrote:
    docrob wrote:
    Console or PC? I'm playing on Switch and a couple of times I've come real close to buying the PC version just to manage my inventory and hotbar.
    I mean, it is workable but sometimes it becomes a real chore...
    PC. Managing the inventory is merely very annoying - on a switch I suspect it would be game-breaking.

Iím fairly early on in Arx. Looks like we may have a difficulty spike. I just got jumped by 4 level 20 guys and I am only level 18. All the min/maxing in the world ainít going to solve that one.
  • Mola_Ram 18 Sep 2020 02:23:21 24,398 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I found these pretty helpful to tell which bits of the maps are going to be suitable for my level.
  • Red_Bool 22 Sep 2020 08:34:31 2,053 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Yesterday I found a magnificent way to cheese the Sallow Man on the Nameless Isle. I teleported him into the lava before I triggered the fight :D That gets him out of the way and avoids him casting that curse spell of his. The lava actually killed him during the fight, so I even got the XP as well :)

Now to find a way to cheese the Alexandar fight...

I've explored the whole island now I think. I even found the secret entrance to the Academy. It helps to have all four teleporting pyramids.
  • Next Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.