PSVR Page 338

• challenge_hanukkah 3 Dec 2018 21:30:38 11,147 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Two scotch eggs and a jar of marmite.
  • AboutHalfaStevas 3 Dec 2018 21:32:23 1,847 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    FFS, can they stop releasing games I will buy and not have time to play already.
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 3 Dec 2018 21:34:52 20,733 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I've got a child free day off tomorrow so I'll definitely be hurtling down the side of a mountain instead of Christmas shopping.
  • IronGiant 3 Dec 2018 22:41:56 5,945 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    AaronTurner wrote:
    There are far too many posts on the internet with the same problem for it to be a simple problem. My setup is the same as everyone else's, its a console in my house, if they can't get it to work with a good degree of success in that situation then they shouldn't bother.
    Shame youíve had a bad experience, Farpoint for me with the Aim worked really well.. so much so that Iím getting Firewall Zero Hour, when itís cheaper :)
  • jamesi 4 Dec 2018 01:34:06 305 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    So it appears i have just purchased a psvr for christmas day despite being a bit cynical about vr in general, and i'm now vr hype and wanting to buy everything for it.

/shallow
  • AaronTurner 4 Dec 2018 09:13:10 11,127 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Okay, I'm not joking. I wrapped the arse end of the aim controller with packing and insulating tape and I just played through the last two levels of farpoint without the controller going mental. I don't know if it's coincidental or not, but fuck me, if that's what fixed it then what a poor show from Sony!
  • Phattso 4 Dec 2018 09:31:55 24,823 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    What on earth tempted you to try that?! Seems random! :-D
  • Phattso 4 Dec 2018 09:33:00 24,823 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    In other news, I felt my car pulling slightly to the left the other day. The missus said we should get the tyres checked, but thankfully I had a notion to staple a traffic cone to the right hand side of the car, and that sorted it right out without having to trundle off to the garage.
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 4 Dec 2018 09:33:04 20,733 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I have a small chimpanzee that I have sit in the room whenever I'm using the aim. Seems to work for me.
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 4 Dec 2018 09:35:38 20,733 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Rush is on there now. £19.99 reduced to £15.99 for the next week.
  • gizzaciggy 4 Dec 2018 09:46:42 59 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Anyone play Firewall Zero Hour? Oh jeez, it's pretty special.

Sitting in cover behind a door, I hear activity outside, so I leaned over and stuck my shotty through the keyhole lol

See it here >
  • AaronTurner 4 Dec 2018 09:59:37 11,127 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Phattso wrote:
    I saw some other people have success with it online, perhaps it stops radio waves or heat or something getting into the gyroscope. I don't know whether wrapping it has helped or if something has coincidentally changed in my environment but I've just now played some firewall without the drift I was experiencing last night. It's like a different peripheral right now. I still don't think it's a patch on using two Vive controllers, but it feels much, much better.
  • Gibroon 4 Dec 2018 10:12:09 2,164 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    @Decks

Rush any good?
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 4 Dec 2018 10:49:37 20,733 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Not blown away with it at the minute. Can't find a control scheme I really like yet and it feels a bit slow.
  • AboutHalfaStevas 4 Dec 2018 10:52:40 1,847 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Phattso wrote:
    It's one of the many "fixes" out there. The theory is that this stops the gun warming up from your hands, which doesn't help, plus it blocks out any electrical. I've actually tried using surgical gloves (as, erm, I have a box handy), and I did convince myself it was working... Until it didn't.

You will probably come to the conclusion it's entirely random, as I did, as literally nothing changes with your setup, and you go through all the fucking "fixes" - which takes an extra half hour to set up (switch the breakout box off a minute, don't startup from rest mode, switch breakout box back on: switch headset on in view of the camera and wait a minute, then the aim, again, in view, stationary, wait a minute; put on gloves - did you remember to only have a dim green light on, and did you cover all the reflective surfaces with blankets?)
    - and... Bam. Drift is back, with no explanation presenting itself.

Plus, Bluetooth interference.

Don't go there. Don't do this to yourself.

Believe me.
  • McGeeza 4 Dec 2018 11:02:47 1,978 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    It just seems weird that i (and others) have only had a few brief problems with the Aim. If I was a betting man, I would say it must come down to bluetooth or wireless interference.

The heat thing sounds bollocks, doesn't it? Like someone tried it out of desperation and at the same time their missus turned their phone off and they thought it was a eureka moment. :)
  • AboutHalfaStevas 4 Dec 2018 11:08:00 1,847 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Yeah, exactly where I am with it. Switch all your devices off! Change the channel on the router! The position of your camera is directly related to direction and severity of drift! All actual "fixes". The last thing you tried when it just all comes together and works a few times, at that point you're going through so many bloody things... and then suddenly it doesn't all work any more. Oh, did you forget one of the many things you had to do to get it working? It'll be that then.

It isn't that.
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 4 Dec 2018 11:15:11 20,733 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Decks wrote:
    Not blown away with it at the minute. Can't find a control scheme I really like yet and it feels a bit slow.
    Ignore this, it's fucking great. Once you realise it's all about skimming the surface to build up your boost meter it takes off. Can't get on with the arm flying control but the look to aim seems to work well. Find a decent play list on Spotify as well as the music is awful. The 90s indie one fits it well.
  • McGeeza 4 Dec 2018 11:16:25 1,978 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    @AboutHalfaStevas you must have a defective unit then surely. Too late to get it swapped? Or have you done that already?
  • AboutHalfaStevas 4 Dec 2018 11:17:18 1,847 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Already swapped.

Anything you think of, I've tried it.

But hey, feel free to try. I've even tried a friend's (yes, I have one) headset and PSVR box and PS4.

Edited by AboutHalfaStevas at 11:19:36 04-12-2018
  • AaronTurner 4 Dec 2018 11:19:52 11,127 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    AboutHalfaStevas wrote:
    Yeah, exactly where I am with it. Switch all your devices off! Change the channel on the router! The position of your camera is directly related to direction and severity of drift! All actual "fixes". The last thing you tried when it just all comes together and works a few times, at that point you're going through so many bloody things... and then suddenly it doesn't all work any more. Oh, did you forget one of the many things you had to do to get it working? It'll be that then.

It isn't that.
    Yeah, I get it, it may well not be the insulation I wrapped round it. However, for whatever reason it is working for me at the moment. It's not working so well that I find it easy to use the sights, but I think that's just the accuracy inherent within the system compared with the Vive. The drifting may well come back, but for now it works and it hasn't done that for the entire time I've had it so far. Last night was taking the piss, I could literally see the gun twisting before my eyes.
  • AboutHalfaStevas 4 Dec 2018 11:31:56 1,847 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    If you're anything like me (condolences, btw), this has the potential to drive you crazy.

And then one night, in your dim green room, with T-Shirts and blankets strewn strategically everywhere, wearing your surgical gloves and making sure you're not wearing certain colours, sitting in a very specific spot to avoid interference patterns you think are there, you'll take your headset off and catch your cat looking at you like you're the most pathetic thing it's ever seen... and this morning that same cat got freaked out by a slipper.

You've been warned.
  • Gibroon 4 Dec 2018 11:41:28 2,164 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Decks wrote:
    Decks wrote:
    Ignore this, it's fucking great. Once you realise it's all about skimming the surface to build up your boost meter it takes off. Can't get on with the arm flying control but the look to aim seems to work well. Find a decent play list on Spotify as well as the music is awful. The 90s indie one fits it well.
    Sounds good.

Is there a good rag doll effect as your crumpled body scrapes its way to the bottom of the valley?
  • McGeeza 4 Dec 2018 11:49:33 1,978 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    @AboutHalfaStevas Sucks balls mate. And I take it you've tried a different part of the house?
  • AboutHalfaStevas 4 Dec 2018 11:53:41 1,847 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    McGeeza wrote:
    @AboutHalfaStevas Sucks balls mate. And I take it you've tried a different part of the house?
    Not yet, not really in the position to do so. I've kinda realised it must be down to BT interference tbh, and I just put up with it (I mean, I can even replicate such interference with my 2.0 BT headset, and even the dualshocks drop out in certain places in the room - pretty certain it's from next doors router at the moment).

At some point in the future, I will be moving the whole setup to a different room though.
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 4 Dec 2018 11:54:07 20,733 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Gibroon wrote:
    Decks wrote:
    Decks wrote:
    Sounds good.

Is there a good rag doll effect as your crumpled body scrapes its way to the bottom of the valley?
    Nah it just fades to black when you crash.

This felt pretty great with Made of Stone blasting through the headphones.

• McGeeza 4 Dec 2018 11:56:05 1,978 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    @AboutHalfaStevas May be worth going to the opposite corner of the house to try it if only to save your sanity. Remember you don't need to hook up a TV to test it so shouldn't be too much of a ballache...
  • McGeeza 4 Dec 2018 12:03:44 1,978 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    @Decks Damn didn't have time to finger the hole at the start.

Is it a 'rush'? Immersive? Exhilarating?

Could be tempted if the answer is yes.

Although firing nerf darts at bollocks has already got me interested.
  • AboutHalfaStevas 4 Dec 2018 12:09:48 1,847 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    McGeeza wrote:
    @AboutHalfaStevas May be worth going to the opposite corner of the house to try it if only to save your sanity. Remember you don't need to hook up a TV to test it so shouldn't be too much of a ballache...
    I'd still need to set up the PS4 and the camera though, and the plan was always to set up elsewhere (i.e. where I am now with the game setup was temporary anyway). I've had enough of it, tbh. At the moment I just don't bother with firewall (and when I do I just put up with any aim bullshit).
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 4 Dec 2018 12:18:47 20,733 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    McGeeza wrote:
    @Decks Damn didn't have time to finger the hole at the start.

Is it a 'rush'? Immersive? Exhilarating?

Could be tempted if the answer is yes.

Although firing nerf darts at bollocks has already got me interested.
    Once you start getting good at it yes. It feels slow at first but once you start learning how to build boost up its great. Loads of tracks set over 4 locations as well. Can see the risk/reward thing being great in multiplayer as well. No brainer at 15 quid imo.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.