PSVR Page 349

• Singularity 3 Jan 2019 14:05:37 3,061 posts
    Seen 48 seconds ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    I also played Wipeout for the first time yesterday. Agree that it's amazing. Same for Gran Turismo. I probably won't touch the rest of the game, but the VR is utterly brilliant. Was the first thing my wife has wanted to try, too. She was also very impressed.
  • drhcnip 3 Jan 2019 14:55:42 6,215 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    yup, first timer on wipeout last night - fuck me...

i love this kit - problem is, i'm going to end up emptying my wallet buying up all the games i like the look of...still be cheaper than the current going rate for a pair of moves, though...seems that there will be a new stock run in mid-jan so i'll until then...
  • Gibroon 3 Jan 2019 16:31:08 2,115 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Had a few games of firewall recently. Great stuff when you get game after game and no long lobby waits.

It would be good if they had a couple of other modes, even a simple tdm just for more shooting practice, sometimes you just feel like you don't do much in a match.
  • AboutHalfaStevas 3 Jan 2019 16:43:49 1,521 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Firewall feels like you're playing the future, when it works.

When it doesn't, it feels like the past is playing you.
  • ChrisOTR 3 Jan 2019 17:38:28 1,513 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    I love PSVR. I'm also just so excited for the next generation headsets with better tracking etc. The future is bright!
  • greenmekon 3 Jan 2019 21:08:19 501 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Cheers for the comments. I think I may go for persistance.
  • ChrisOTR 3 Jan 2019 23:03:45 1,513 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    @Ror Thanks - you didn't see all the laps where I didn't do it that well! Believe me, there were a lot.
  • AboutHalfaStevas 3 Jan 2019 23:52:31 1,521 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    To be honest, I'd probably advise against Persistence too. It's a rogue bollocks whatever, and personally I didn't get on with the way the game doesn't really allow you to save at any point, which I thought was a big mistake for a VR game. I dunno why I haven't sold it on tbh (I do, I do know why).
  • greenmekon 4 Jan 2019 06:11:36 501 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Ok thanks for more comments. Still undecided but might go with firewall zero hour.
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 4 Jan 2019 07:35:29 18,506 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Persistence added a bunch of new game modes in the last update which are supposed to be good. Keep meaning to try then out.
  • AboutHalfaStevas 4 Jan 2019 09:49:30 1,521 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Yeah, I seen that, nothing seemed to make it viable for me, though, admittedly, I didn't actually bother to play it to see (I'm kinda certain they won't "fix" this, I'm aware it's only my own "issue" - and I'm that not arsed about playing it if they don't).
  • ModoX 4 Jan 2019 14:05:01 3,455 posts
    Seen 56 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I did three full hours in The Persistence last night without realising it, I'm absolutely loving my time with it. It's true that you can't save, but since its a roguelike if I need to come off I just kamikaze round picking up stuff until something kills me, then you bank your currencies. Once you are powerful enough for any given deck it's not a big job to go for the objective anyway.

The loop is really good as you upgrade bits and get stronger. And walking around a creepy space station picking shit up is my idea of heaven, it would only be better if there were emails and audio logs and they basically turned it fully into System Shock or Prey :)
  • FatSternKikwi 4 Jan 2019 14:12:43 1,689 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Is Headmaster worth a fiver?
  • AboutHalfaStevas 4 Jan 2019 14:17:48 1,521 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    "Worth" is a very subjective word. What's a fiver actually worth to you? Because to me I can lose a fiver and not give a shit.

It's great. Buy it already.
  • FatSternKikwi 4 Jan 2019 14:19:36 1,689 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @AboutHalfaStevas

Done!
  • AboutHalfaStevas 4 Jan 2019 14:22:22 1,521 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    By the way, don't take PSVR purchasing advice from me, I buy more games than even Decks barely conceals, like, fucking everythi-

Oh
  • FatSternKikwi 4 Jan 2019 14:25:54 1,689 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yeah I was going to buy it anyway. Just needed an enabler to push me over the edge.

Sooo crystal meth? Worth a fiver?
  • AboutHalfaStevas 4 Jan 2019 14:31:52 1,521 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    "Worth" is a very subjective word. What's your life actually worth to you?

Also, it won't stay that cheap.
  • Ror 4 Jan 2019 14:37:02 18,265 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Has anyone played The Lost Bear? I think I saw it in one of Ian Higton's videos, and I thought it looked decent.
  • minky-kong 4 Jan 2019 14:53:30 14,110 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Ror wrote:
    Has anyone played The Lost Bear? I think I saw it in one of Ian Higton's videos, and I thought it looked decent.
    Yeah, it's okay. Very short and doesn't actually make that much use of its VR gimmick. Maybe worth a punt if it's cheap but don't expect to be blown away if you're already a seasoned VR user.
  • Ror 4 Jan 2019 15:06:29 18,265 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Ah, fair play, cheers. It's about three quid on the store at the moment, so was wondering if it was worth a punt.
  • AboutHalfaStevas 4 Jan 2019 15:39:49 1,521 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    "Worth" is a very subjective word. What's a punt actually worth to you? Etc.

In other news, why didn't anyone tell me Polybius is just basically VR TxK?
    To anyone on the fence about this: Polybius is pretty much VR TxK.
    (I know, it's not like he's done anything different recently.)
  • evild_edd 4 Jan 2019 19:41:27 4,062 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    minky-kong wrote:
    Ror wrote:
    Yeah, it's okay. Very short and doesn't actually make that much use of its VR gimmick. Maybe worth a punt if it's cheap but don't expect to be blown away if you're already a seasoned VR user.
    It's okay. Nothing more. I think Higton was complementary at the time of release (early stages of PSVR), but as a plaformer Moss and Astro Bot have subsequently surpassed it.

I'd say it's worth a few quid and a sole play through.
  • Ror 5 Jan 2019 00:25:24 18,265 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I think I'll skip it, cheers.

Here's another question, though: has anyone played ZoE2?
  • 1Dgaf 5 Jan 2019 19:42:50 5,095 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Star Trek Bridge Crw is 15 on PSN. Bought a copy after a mate in the US told me.

I tried playing the Lost Bear, but the loading times make it hard to get into. It has a common problem with games where the restore point in a game isn't quite as far into a level as one wants, so you're forced to repeat things you know you can do.
  • Ror 5 Jan 2019 20:47:02 18,265 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    World 2-2 in Astro Bot is quite something. I think I'm about ready to rescind my comment about it not having quite the wow factor of Wipeout.

Tried a few demos today. First one was Danganronpa. It's kind of cool to see those characters in VR, but it was just too short to really care all that much. I'd be up for a proper VR Danganronpa though. And, as odd as this sounds, the credits were really cool.

The Last Guardian. Maybe it's because I haven't played the actual game, but this just seemed completely pointless. No real movement, barely any interactivity. Meh.

The Persistence. This one seems pretty cool, but I think the movement will take a bit of getting used to! This is the first thing that's made me feel a bit uncomfortable (only partially because of a jump scare ;) ). Maybe one to pick up down the line.
  • ChrisOTR 5 Jan 2019 20:59:06 1,513 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Interesting that you weren't too bothered about the Last Guardian - it didn't hold my attention obviously but the initial wow factor of the scale of the creature was pretty impressive for me...
  • mumtoucher 5 Jan 2019 21:16:00 584 posts
    Seen 59 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I bought an aim from cex.

Firewall is a bit good isn't it!
  • AboutHalfaStevas 5 Jan 2019 21:33:29 1,521 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Yeah, it is.
    I need to get back on that. My setup has changed a bit for Xmas and it just ain't been easy to play much PSVR, but I will take another crack at that. Still not tried the new map, either.
  • Switch024 8 Jan 2019 10:33:38 3,316 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Played some Resi 7 last night and had a little wander round the house in VR. It felt off trying to play it sat down, think it messed with my perspective on things as all the furniture seemed a lot smaller than it should be, almost like I was in a midgets house. :-) Imagine it'll feel right if you're standing whilst you play but it messed with my head a bit.

I'm going to have to be brave to push through the first couple of hours, even though I've played the game before the anxiety that builds from feeling like you're *there* is horrible. The immersion VR brings is something else.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.