PSVR Page 366

• AaronTurner 31 May 2019 20:26:06 11,064 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Ok I've played more of Blood and Truth. It is fucking cool, really cool. I would say that it will definitely give people motion sickness though, I kind of like how Sony just don't give a fuck.

The experience is brilliant and I'd say if you're at all interested in VR then you should be picking it up and showing Sony that we will buy AAA games for VR. Top notch so far :D
  • SirScratchalot 31 May 2019 20:29:53 7,918 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    @Decks For what it's worth I think in death is brilliant.
    The bow works well for me with camera positioning, but seems to do much less damage and restricts mobility (can't walk with an arrow nocked with the bow but can with the crossbow). I still play runs with the bow from time to time though.
  • Toaster05 31 May 2019 21:01:51 2,175 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Waiting for days of play but I think I'll pick up PSVR again. I played some stuff on my mates a few days back.

What really pushes me over the edge is Tetris Effect. It's like playing half a game in flat mode. I need that back in my life.

And Headmaster!
  • Frogofdoom 31 May 2019 21:17:43 13,684 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yeah I've been playing tetris again lately, it's just such a chilled out way to spend some time.
  • AboutHalfaStevas 31 May 2019 23:48:06 1,786 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Thanks for the info re: motion sickness, everyone, I...

Still dunno. I mean, I will buy it, that much is obvious. Might wait for a sale tho.
  • AaronTurner 1 Jun 2019 10:47:29 11,064 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Woke up and straight back to play Blood and Truth. In some ways it feels a bit like COD4's campaign to me. It's absolutely brilliant, you haven't enjoyed VR until you've ran out a building with a pump action shotgun blasting people away whilst bombs are exploding all around you.
  • Frogofdoom 1 Jun 2019 10:48:33 13,684 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I started it this morning and will echo what Aaron says, its bloody great.
  • AaronTurner 1 Jun 2019 12:03:27 11,064 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I just did the coolest bit yet, left me with a massive grin on my face, I was seriously cheesing away! Obviously don't want to spoil it for anyone.

The only problem I have is the finicky move controllers. And weirdly, I don't know if it's a coincidence, but I only ever seem to have problems with the controller in my right hand, the left one always seems stable. Odd.

Also, fucking cables man, after playing with Oculus Quest even the small PSVR cable pisses me off!

Edited by AaronTurner at 12:04:54 01-06-2019
  • cjb_bjc 1 Jun 2019 13:10:36 2,076 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The movement in blood and truth is odd. It just goes, no gradual build up or anything, no up and down movement and no visibility of yourself when moving. Very odd. still I like the node based movement, much preferred to full locomotion in my opinion!
  • cjb_bjc 1 Jun 2019 13:24:13 2,076 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Shame the suns out! Terrible time to play vr
  • AaronTurner 1 Jun 2019 13:37:14 11,064 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I think acceleration causes motion sickness and steady movement less so. There is up and down movement.
  • AaronTurner 1 Jun 2019 14:25:05 11,064 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Finished, for a VR game it's pretty long! Great fun, well worth experiencing!
  • greenmekon 2 Jun 2019 06:51:09 519 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Bloody hell started playing blood and truth last night and it is something rather special. The production values are off the scale, fantastic game. Highly recommended.
  • uiruki 2 Jun 2019 23:27:43 4,863 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Dug out my PSVR for the first time since Tetris this week. Still really struggling with tracking - it's definitely got me considering a Oculus Quest.

Finished Blood and Truth, and the tracking makes it so infuriating as it's so good when it works. Superhot VR is even more infuriating because of how far you get put back when you're killed - dying to the game flipping out for some reason is really stressful. I don't think I've ever had my head snap back so much in surprise when killed in a game either - not helpful when it's not your fault!

On the other hand, I also got Beat Saber, which works, is completely fantastic and has revived my interest in VR (as did Blood and Truth when it's working - the akimbo shooting and action setpieces are so good). Annoyingly I got it on the Japanese store as it's the one I had credit on and the DLC doesn't seem to be out on that one yet. 19 songs just isn't enough! I could also do without the wires as well...
  • Your-Mother 3 Jun 2019 02:27:27 2,888 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Yeah, I really hope the ps5 gets a legitimate vr upgrade and doesnít just reuse the move and camera. Tracking especially has evolved to be so much better nowadays that Iíd only ever bother with the faff of PSVR for decent exclusives.
  • ModoX 3 Jun 2019 09:04:47 3,479 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Finally fired up Arizona Sunshine last night, just had a quick go of horde mode, which feels a bit restrictive. Again it feels like more evidence that I'm just not a fan of the Aim controller. As fun as it is to use I'm just always fighting against it and thinking that I'd probably be having a much smoother experience if I was just sat down using a dualshock.
  • AaronTurner 3 Jun 2019 09:17:58 11,064 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Yeah, I totally have the same feeling. It's just a simple fact that the aim and the moves are antiquated tech not really fit for VR. Love the headset though.
  • mothercruncher 3 Jun 2019 09:37:07 16,396 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    When did they come out- more than 10 years ago on the PS3?
    Iím not sure whether itís commendable that Sony re-used old tech that probably thousands of people had lying around, or short sighted. Probably the latter as it certainly makes getting it working more fussy than it needs to be with room set-up. Also, why did they re-use the wands but not the analogue stick side of things?
  • AaronTurner 3 Jun 2019 09:58:42 11,064 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I dunno, I do kind of commend them, they put together an affordable VR solution for this gen. In some ways they've done better than Oculus or Valve in this respect. It's definitely not perfect, infuriating even, but it's servicable and it's helped.make VR popular.
  • Phattso 3 Jun 2019 10:03:35 24,800 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Itís heartening that they put out something quite heavily compromised but still found a substantial audience for it. Their gift to VR, for me, was sorting out the basic headset ergonomics - perhaps donít get enough credit for that.

While Iím 90% convinced to skip the PS5 because I canít trust it not to be a deafening piece of shit, a half decent PSVR2 would definitely turn my head.
  • daft_punk_909 4 Jun 2019 07:59:21 107 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Anyone else had any caddie 'encounters' on Everybody's Golf yet?
  • mothercruncher 4 Jun 2019 09:02:43 16,396 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Is that when they let you rub your Wood in their Divot?
  • mothercruncher 4 Jun 2019 09:06:48 16,396 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Bought Kona because it was cheap- fuck me, it sets a new low for scratchy graphics by quite some margin.
  • daft_punk_909 4 Jun 2019 12:06:17 107 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @mothercruncher It's pretty odd. I'm surprised it's as sexy as it is in this day and age, especially as a first party title. I was mid round when the female caddy suggested we stop on a bench. She then got out a packet of malteasers and popped one in her rounded mouth suggestively. Next, she teased giving me one before saying that we shouldn't get so distracted and start golf again!
  • Dave_McCoy 4 Jun 2019 12:45:49 3,135 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @daft_punk_909 Go on.....
  • Frogofdoom 4 Jun 2019 12:48:13 13,684 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    She then grabbed his wood and gently teased it away from the bag.
  • AboutHalfaStevas 4 Jun 2019 13:14:49 1,786 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    To be fair, the caddy is quite hot.

I'd be thinking of the receptionist, tho.
  • Whizzo 5 Jun 2019 09:44:14 44,793 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Finished Blood & Truth last night and seriously cannot recommend it more, I was a little disappointed there was no Aim support at first but rapidly realised it would have made it a lesser game.

Probably the demolition site was my favourite level, climbing about just worked really well and dual wielding an SMG and a double barrel shotgun was just too much fun.

I hope the challenge levels let you play with a late game weapon on other levels, it's ludicrously silly to shoot on the range.
  • jamesi 6 Jun 2019 18:48:19 305 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Also completed Blood and truth today and it's by far the best vr game i've played so far, a mix of John Wick and Die Hard and it really does feel like you're in and epic action movie from start to finish. It's maybe not the best story and graphics but for sheer fun and immersion it's hard to beat. I think it's the perfect kinda length for a vr story based game and helped with the movie sorta feel of it.
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 6 Jun 2019 19:10:25 20,401 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Ok ok I'll buy it for fucks sake.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.