PSVR Page 373

• McGeeza 14 Aug 2019 13:55:51 1,976 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Had a quick 10 minute go earlier.

It's decent. The res is pretty bad (as expected), but I didn't have any frame rate issues.

Moves were fine... until I got in a dogfight. Will probably switch to the DS4 when that happens in the future.

Overall impressed but not blown away. Looking forward to trying some MP later.
  • AaronTurner 14 Aug 2019 14:08:22 11,061 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    richardiox wrote:
    @AaronTurner

You can play psvr without the tv. Win Win. Marital bliss.
    Oh yeah, thatís what I mean, Iíll be prancing around the room with my moves and a helmet on and sheíll be trying to watch the handmaids tale. Pretty sure sheíll just leave the room :D
  • mothercruncher 14 Aug 2019 14:45:31 16,394 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Fuckís sake- if itís blurry on the Pro, I wonder what sort of shit show it is on its OG sibling. I hate being amazingly right.
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 14 Aug 2019 14:57:42 20,393 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I think it's the same game on the pro and og at the moment, pro enhancements normally come later. The graphics were always going to take a massive hit, there was no other way they were going to get it to run.
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 14 Aug 2019 15:02:58 20,393 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Seen it compared to Skyrim VR before they improved the graphics with patch. It was pretty rough but I could live with it.
  • evild_edd 14 Aug 2019 15:16:17 4,118 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    The question is... Is it worth £15 for something I fear I might just tool around with for half an hour before moving on. I'm sure there's a lot of game in NMS now, but if it's a load of grinding then I doubt it'll hold my interest...
  • Frogofdoom 14 Aug 2019 15:43:34 13,681 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yeah its blurry but I doubt it will bother you. Not knowing what the fuck i was doing was a far bigger issue than the graphics.

Will be nice to see a pro patch though.

Edited by Frogofdoom at 16:12:17 14-08-2019
  • mothercruncher 14 Aug 2019 17:27:46 16,394 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Pro Bastards 😉
  • Wavey 14 Aug 2019 19:48:39 868 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Had a quick hour go on this in vr. Yes its blurry as hell but once you get past that its actually quite immersive. I'm impressed. Its almost making me want to invest in pc vr in the future but with this and the quest i'll probably hold off.

Looking forward to playing some more.

*edit*

So i've played another hour or so. Man I wish we had analogue sticks on the moves. Its really blurry as well and whilst its easy to get lost in the atmosphere, it really does pull you out of it. If anything its made me look forward to the future of vr on playstation but I think thats it for me for now.

Props though for seamless swapping between move and normal controllers.

Edited by Wavey at 21:47:58 14-08-2019
  • AaronTurner 14 Aug 2019 22:58:05 11,061 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Itís pretty cool but needs improvement.

Itís blurry as fuck. There is a rumour going round that turning off multiplayer improves the blurriness, I tried it and it did nothing for me.

Itís still cool though, itís like youíre a really shortsighted person stuck on an alien planet without your glasses.

Flying in the spaceship was fucking spot on, brilliant.

I feel slightly queasy now, but fine really. Wouldnít want that as my first experience!

Hopefully they patch it up.
  • Reacher 15 Aug 2019 06:53:40 2,817 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I rather enjoyed it in VR. The blurriness doesn't bother me that much. I've logged only 30+ hours in to my save anyway, so it's nice to be back on.
  • Switch024 15 Aug 2019 07:35:21 3,391 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I had an hour or so on it, long enough to get off the first planet, have a fly about and reach the signal on the next one. Taking off and flying through space is amazing but it is very blurry mooching around on the planets. I donít think itís a deal breaker but it is close to spoiling the experience, reminds a bit of DriveClub in VR which is playable but feels like youíre driving without glasses on.
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 15 Aug 2019 08:04:38 20,393 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Had a quick go this morning and was expecting the worst but I honestly don't think the blurring is much worse than other stuff I've played on there. Maybe it's because I'm used to the OG PS4. The game itself is pretty amazing, can see myself getting totally lost in there.

The ship controls are awful with the move though, luckily you can just pick up a pad and it takes over.
  • AaronTurner 15 Aug 2019 08:13:41 11,061 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Iím wondering about this because it is without a doubt the blurriest VR game I have ever played. If itís some kind of dynamic res I wonder if itís possible that the planet Iím on is particularly tough on the hardware. Or is it simply a bug?
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 15 Aug 2019 08:20:13 20,393 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Are you on a pro? Few people have mentioned turning off the upscaling thing helps.
  • quadfather 15 Aug 2019 08:41:12 34,671 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    How blurry are we talking here, coz I've played stuff that people have said is blurry in vr but I found it fine? Any examples to compare it to?
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 15 Aug 2019 09:08:32 20,393 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I'd put it about on par with Skyrim.
  • mothercruncher 15 Aug 2019 09:32:52 16,394 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Not played Skyrim but Driveclub was blurry enough that I couldnít be bothered. It felt like driving a car through a doily.

Will get to have a go of this Friday night. Iím slightly worried as I havenít touched VR for weeks now, suspect taking off is going to be hurlsville.
  • AaronTurner 15 Aug 2019 10:06:07 11,061 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Yeah Iím on pro. What is the upscaling thing?

It is way worse than Skyrim for me, way way worse. Everything within 5 metres or so is ok, beyond that it literally like looking through an unfocused camera, the same kind of transparent edges around things. Itís not great, but itís still fun.
  • Some_Goats 15 Aug 2019 10:12:49 114 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Driveclub VR was like wearing swimming goggles smeared with grease. NMS VR this morning was blurry but far more acceptable, I reckon.

I didn't know you could use Move controllers so I'll try that tonight, if my kids haven't drained them down to nothing on Beat Saber.
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 15 Aug 2019 10:13:09 20,393 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I haven't used it for months so I was surprised that it didn't fuck with my stomach at all. Scudding across the planet surface feels great.
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 15 Aug 2019 10:14:22 20,393 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    And yeah I didn't think it was nearly as rough as Driveclub.
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 15 Aug 2019 10:18:36 20,393 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    AaronTurner wrote:
    Yeah Iím on pro. What is the upscaling thing?

It is way worse than Skyrim for me, way way worse. Everything within 5 metres or so is ok, beyond that it literally like looking through an unfocused camera, the same kind of transparent edges around things. Itís not great, but itís still fun.
    Supersampling I think its called?

Maybe it's because I'm on a fairly barren planet but it looks about the same as Skyrim to me. Or maybe it's just because I'm used to everything looking shitty on the standard PS4.
  • Gibroon 15 Aug 2019 10:24:24 2,148 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Had a go of VR nms last night, blurry as everyone says but still fun. I've not been on VR much recently so my nausea kicked in quite quickly when in space and trying to use the moves to control the ship, started to get attacked which put me in a bit of a panic. Fortunately I was close enough to a space station to dock.

I'll be using the dualshock in flight mode from now on. The problem with nms is that it takes a good 20 hours or so to get to grips with everything plus with the new content and inventory management, spending that much time on VR is not going to happen. I'll use it sparingly and just to see certain planets etc.

My son is all over this though and is a VR veteran so has picked it up very quickly.
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 15 Aug 2019 10:24:53 20,393 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Coolest bit so far is having to press a pretendy button on your helmet to activate the scan mode. I'M LIKE A SPACE MAN.
  • AaronTurner 15 Aug 2019 11:15:04 11,061 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    That was actually cool, but I bet I totally forget half the gesture type controls. Controls are always a massive barrier to VR I find.
  • quadfather 15 Aug 2019 11:19:50 34,671 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Decks wrote:
    I'd put it about on par with Skyrim.
    That's fine for me then, sorted
  • Wavey 15 Aug 2019 13:44:27 868 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    There might be a pro patch for vr at some point as well as it runs the same o normal and pro.
  • watto 15 Aug 2019 15:52:34 18 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I took the plunge with No Man's Sky and have fired up the VR set for the first time in a long while. I have to say I found the experience pretty astonishing. I guess expectations are everything and having read all the comments about blurriness actually didn't think it was so bad. It is blurry, but not a deal breaker. Nothing like DriveClub levels of blurry in my opinion.

I've only done the first planet stuff and flown to the next planet but can see how people would lose hours to this.

Main negatives are it looks like resource management could become overwhelming fairly quickly. So far the game is holding my hand (which is needed) so I'll have to see.

Using only the pad (Moves weren't charged) and after turning on smooth movement controls felt it was fine. Aiming the gun/laser thingy was a bit awkward though.

Thumbs up so far.
  • AaronTurner 15 Aug 2019 15:54:24 11,061 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Thatís mad, there has to be some kind of bug, there is no way people would be saying the blurriness isnít as bad as Skyrim or Drive Club if you saw what I saw.

Edited by AaronTurner at 15:54:34 15-08-2019

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.