PSVR Page 375

Next Last
  • Wavey 17 Aug 2019 12:04:20 906 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I had another go in no mans sky and I really want to love it. Its almost there but its just so blurry. I am very short sighted and its like i'm not wearing my specs! If it was just a bit sharper I would play the hell out of it.

Skyrim VR however is a good time. Just did the first dungeon with the claw (for what must be the 100th time in total across platforms) and had a good time. Can't aim the bow (using both options) for shit as I keep whacking my face so looks like magic and one handed weapons for me. Pretty atmospheric too.

Edited by Wavey at 12:04:42 17-08-2019
  • mothercruncher 17 Aug 2019 17:17:47 16,474 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I finally got to try NMS in VR and was completely captivated- lost two hours, thought Iíd played for about 30 minutes.

It actually feels like the game that best suits VR for me so far and the experience of exploring is night and day compared to 2D. Movementís really well done, no nausea flying with the subtle shaded borders at the edges when banking. Worked out that if you sit the base of a move on your leg when trying to fly and actually treat it more like a joystick than a hand then flyingís fairly good. Probably stick with the dual shock though as the move imprecision still comes through a bit.

I love it, the question really is not whether it works etc for me, itís how long I can be bothered with the resource gathering. I remember just getting bored of never quite having what I needed at any point, be that equipment, resources or just space. Thatís whatíll make me drop this again eventually.
  • Frogofdoom 17 Aug 2019 17:22:57 13,948 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Haven't had much chance to play since it went to vr but I'd they were to add an elite style trader and combat mission then I would play the shit out of it. I assume none of that is in as I am not that far in.
  • Nazo 17 Aug 2019 22:35:41 1,039 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Played some more tonight and finally got my ship off the first rock. Got to say I'm enjoying it a lot. I love the way they've done the controls, I really feel like a space man with high-tech gadgets. I hope there's a pro patch soon though that makes things a bit clearer, even the ship's environment warning is virtually unreadable and it looks to be about a foot from my face.
  • magicpanda 17 Aug 2019 22:53:46 14,874 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    mothercruncher wrote:
    I finally got to try NMS in VR and was completely captivated- lost two hours, thought Iíd played for about 30 minutes.

It actually feels like the game that best suits VR for me so far and the experience of exploring is night and day compared to 2D. Movementís really well done, no nausea flying with the subtle shaded borders at the edges when banking. Worked out that if you sit the base of a move on your leg when trying to fly and actually treat it more like a joystick than a hand then flyingís fairly good. Probably stick with the dual shock though as the move imprecision still comes through a bit.

I love it, the question really is not whether it works etc for me, itís how long I can be bothered with the resource gathering. I remember just getting bored of never quite having what I needed at any point, be that equipment, resources or just space. Thatís whatíll make me drop this again eventually.
    It's so easy to get sidetracked and lose sight of what you are meant to do. I recommend bloody-mindedly following the Artemis quest line to unlock the cooler base stuff and the portals or just have a single goal for each session.

Tonight I just went to loads of stations to buy more inventory space and checked each mutil-tool vendor for an S-Class 24 slot. Got an A class and upgraded it with 3 S class scan upgrades. Each scan of an animal brings in about 200k each now.

Visited the Nexus and freaked some people out by stroking them with my VR hands.

Edited by magicpanda at 23:16:09 17-08-2019
  • chrisp 23 Aug 2019 13:39:02 1,154 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Urgh, noticed some mild scuffing in the centre of my PSVR lenses (more on the left side than the right). Must be from my glasses even though I use those spacer things. I treat the thing so carefully so not quite sure how it's happened.

It's slightly noticeable when using the headset, at least in bright/colourful scenes. It's subtle enough that you wouldn't necessarily notice it, but now I've seen it I can't unsee it and keep looking for it when I'm using the headset.

I'm torn now between just trying to live with it, or paying Sony's repair fee (£175!). I may be misremembering but I thought last year around Black Friday/Christmas there were PSVR deals at around £150, in which case I'd be better off just waiting and buying a whole new unit. I've had it since launch and I'm happy in principle to pay a repair fee, but £175 does seem rather steep.

Has anyone had any experience of using PSVR lens protectors? Most seem poorly reviewed.
  • AaronTurner 23 Aug 2019 13:45:37 11,126 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I use some, I think they are fine but they have slightly altered the image. You totally get used to it though. Also my glasses totally run against them and I havenít any marks yet. I canít remember where I got them, Iíll try and find a link.
  • IronGiant 15 Sep 2019 08:53:34 5,944 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Thereís a patch on the way that includes..

- Introduced a number of PC VR and PSVR rendering optimisations.
    - Significantly improved image quality in PSVR: reduced blurriness caused by TAA jitter and fixed low-quality terrain/atmosphere jaggies.
  • Ror 18 Sep 2019 14:55:05 18,822 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Eagle Flight is on sale for £12.99.
  • Next Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.