PSVR Page 383

Next Last
  • monkman76 5 Jun 2020 10:32:16 16,097 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Are there are any decent local multiplayer PSVR games along the lines of the VR Playroom (one person using the TV, one with the goggles)?
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 5 Jun 2020 10:36:10 24,942 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Couple of things on here. Statik and Keep Talking And Nobody Explodes look like the main ones.

https://blog.playstation.com/archive/2018/09/28/15-essential-multiplayer-ps-vr-games-to-play-locally-or-online-with-friends-this-weekend/
  • DasBooter 7 Jun 2020 21:25:20 486 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Anyone playing Star Trek Bridge Crew with voice commands? I got the game today and read that it was possible, however there didn't seem to be any option to enable it.
  • 8bitMofo 7 Jun 2020 23:24:18 779 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    @DasBooter Last thing I remember reading about it was they killed it off:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/PSVR/comments/fbw3cy/use_caution_buying_star_trek_bridge_crew_voice/

Edited by 8bitMofo at 23:26:22 07-06-2020
  • DasBooter 8 Jun 2020 07:38:16 486 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    :-(

At least saying "Tea. Earl Grey. Hot" *might* work on the missus.
  • evild_edd 8 Jun 2020 09:35:18 4,232 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I've had a few RE7 sessions now and think I'm over the motion sickness. It really is a bit special. The game itself isn't that much more than a number of FPS horror games, but it's so well done and VR takes it to another level.

I was a bit worried at the start - there's an oddly ropey section with angular trees that makes it feel low budget, but once you're in the house proper it looks wonderful (even on base ps4).

I really hope they keep VR support for RE8!
  • DFawkes Friendliest Forumite, 2016 30 Jun 2020 10:54:47 32,463 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I almost forgot that Iron Man VR is out this week. I don't think there have been many big VR releases for a while so I'm not surprised this thread has been a bit quiet.

I was really impressed with the demo so I'll be pre-loading it. Not sure how much variety it'll have later on but I'm fine with it just being more levels. The Digital Deluxe Edition mentions skill/research points so there'll be some sort of upgrade system in there for at least a little depth. Might be a bit expensive for most but I enjoyed going pew pew and pretending to be Iron Man enough in the demo to know I'll get some fun out of it :)
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 30 Jun 2020 10:57:25 24,942 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I was kind of put off when I tried the combat challenge stuff. Felt almost impossible with the controls. I'll be interested to see how it reviews.
  • richardiox 30 Jun 2020 11:03:20 8,631 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Wow Tetris Effect in VR is pretty amazing. Had nearly two hours without worrying about the Covid Pandemic which is a rare thing for me.
  • Saul_Iscariot 30 Jun 2020 13:48:47 3,716 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Just got my set delivered. Played the Battlefront level and did the shark thing. Loved it, but the audio is pretty quiet, even when turned up full. So I have ordered the Last of Us 2 headset. At work for the next few days, but I have a long weekend ahead, so will be trying it out properly over the weekend. Got the mega pack, so will probably have to give RE7 a bit of a play through.

A quick question, does Everbodyís Golf support online multiplayer? I googled it but cannot get a straight answer.

Edited by Saul_Iscariot at 21:25:49 30-06-2020
  • Your-Mother 2 Jul 2020 16:45:56 4,294 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Early reviews say Iron Man is a big pile of poo. A single shooting gallery experience repeated a dozen or so times with controls that hit hard against the limitations of the PSVR tracking, and insane loading times, where even the loading screens take several seconds to load themselves.
  • StarchildHypocrethes 2 Jul 2020 16:51:19 32,968 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    I did think it looked pretty budget in the videos I saw. Not overly surprised. Another overpriced "experience".
  • IronGiant 2 Jul 2020 16:53:58 6,092 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Your-Mother wrote:
    Early reviews say Iron Man is a big pile of poo. A single shooting gallery experience repeated a dozen or so times with controls that hit hard against the limitations of the PSVR tracking, and insane loading times, where even the loading screens take several seconds to load themselves.
    26 reviews so far according to metacritic, average of 78/100. Sounds decent enough.
  • Derblington 2 Jul 2020 18:19:21 33,149 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Yeah, Opencritic is at 75. All 7s and 8s, one 9 and one 5.
    I imagine itíll end up around 70, which seems fine depending on how much you buy it for.
  • IronGiant 2 Jul 2020 23:16:31 6,092 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Yeah under 20 quid Iíll bite.. saying that my VR backlog is huge already!
  • DFawkes Friendliest Forumite, 2016 3 Jul 2020 01:36:12 32,463 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Played Iron Man for a bit. Nothing has really changed since the demo so if you don't like that, you probably still won't. Story sections are more interesting so far as the demo skipped most of them, and there's a nice upgrade system so you can power up the stuff you like best.

Those loading times are really something though, but apart from that having fun with it so far :)
  • DFawkes Friendliest Forumite, 2016 5 Jul 2020 14:48:02 32,463 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I've finished the story in Iron Man now. It really is 60% the same as the demo so if you didn't like that, I'd skip this. The other 40% is fairly decent boss fights and story sections that are enjoyable enough. Mostly predictable stuff but manages to do some interesting things near the end.

The different upgrades are fun to mess about with, especially the weapons which feel substantially different. You get 2 loadout slots and there's enough variety to have very different playstyles with them. I set one up as a faster, longer range armour and the other as a close range heavy hitter.

That said, as much as I enjoyed it I'm mostly done with it. The story took about 8 hours and there's easily the same again in post-game content for those that want it, but it's mostly variants like races and wave shooting in existing maps. I'll definitely pop back now and again as the core Iron Man experience is really solid, but for now I'm happy to leave it there so I don't burn out on it.
  • Next Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.