PSVR Page 265

• AboutHalfaStevas 11 May 2018 22:42:07 379 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    1Dgaf wrote:
    Or it'll be a new controller that includes joysticks.

Which would also be annoying as I just spent £60 on Moves.

That too, yes, which reminds me: why didn't they use the move with a stick on it?
  • monkman76 12 May 2018 07:00:49 12,681 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Because that one doesn't have positional tracking I don't think.
  • xYOSSARIANx 12 May 2018 10:47:51 469 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    xYOSSARIANx wrote:
    I was in a studio today that focus very much on VR games. I was chatting to one of the guys about games and mentioned that I was hoping Sony might announce something hardware related at E3. At which point he smiled broadly started nodding his head and said it's a secret but E3 is round the corner.

We're pretty sure the PS5 is a year or 2 away, a possible hardware revision for PSVR incoming ?
    Just seen the story on the main page saying Sony have said there will be no hardware announcements at E3. So l have no idea why he got so excited.
  • Addyb_V2 12 May 2018 11:04:08 211 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 3 weeks ago
    I still think at the end of their E3 presentation the arena will go black and the words "That's You VR" will illuminate on the screen. Everyone will shrug and think wtf why would someone want that in VR and then the letters P,O,R,N will quickly zip into the title after "You"

Cumming exclusively to PS5 VR......

Edited by Addyb_V2 at 11:05:04 12-05-2018
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 13 May 2018 01:31:26 13,888 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I probably shouldn't have done it drunk as I feel quite sick but walking around that desert shooting stuff with the assault rifle is really quite astonishing. It's pixelated as fuck and the game itself seems a bit shonky but seriously fucking wow.

Edited by Decks at 01:32:38 13-05-2018
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 13 May 2018 10:31:14 13,888 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    So I've found the game that makes me feel ill then. Horp.
  • quadfather 13 May 2018 10:46:00 31,093 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Is that the Arizona sunshine zombie one?
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 13 May 2018 10:48:48 13,888 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Nah, Farpoint.
  • HoriZon 13 May 2018 11:32:26 14,141 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Farpoint looks and feels brilliant I thought on PS Pro.
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 13 May 2018 11:39:26 13,888 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Yeah I love it, it's the first one to turn my stomach though. Standing up helped a bit but my girlfriend was packing her bags when I took it off.
  • AboutHalfaStevas 13 May 2018 11:56:49 379 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    It's weird, huh? I mean, I thought my stomach was iron, then I tried GT sport.

I'd be interested in trying it on a Pro, see if there's any difference for me. I still reckon on the base model it's just not quite right somehow.

Just got Blasters of the Universe, not tried it yet...
  • quadfather 13 May 2018 12:18:14 31,093 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It was batman that fucked me up. I might have had it calibrated wrong, but when the background pulsated slightly differently to the foreground I immediately wanted to vom. Everything else is ok though.
  • Angry_Man_Dan 13 May 2018 12:27:45 678 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    The only thing to make me feel nauseous was when I first played RIGS - ejecting out of the mech with no comfort settings was not fun the first few times. Ultrawings can also make you a bit queasy until you get used to it, but generally Iíve been quite lucky, chunder-wise.
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 13 May 2018 12:41:08 13,888 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    The aim controller is really quite magical isn't it. Rushing those giant spiders and unloading the shotgun feels amazing.

Are there any human enemies to fight in Farpoint or is it all just space spider things?
  • DFawkes Friendliest Forumite, 2016 13 May 2018 12:50:55 31,952 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I wouldn't want to spoil things, but there are definitely lots of different enemies later on.
  • Addyb_V2 13 May 2018 12:53:46 211 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 3 weeks ago
    Angry_Man_Dan wrote:
    The only thing to make me feel nauseous was when I first played RIGS - ejecting out of the mech with no comfort settings was not fun the first few times. Ultrawings can also make you a bit queasy until you get used to it, but generally Iíve been quite lucky, chunder-wise.
    Yeah RIGS did it for me like that as well. Also drive club and Resi 7 but I got used to Resi.
  • HoriZon 13 May 2018 17:22:12 14,141 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Stood up only way to play FP! same with Superhot which makes me sweat like mad :)
  • DFawkes Friendliest Forumite, 2016 13 May 2018 21:03:17 31,952 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Just been playing Bridge Crew again so I could warm up a bit before Next Gen DLC rolls in. I know I always exaggerate that it's the best game ever, but it really is one of my personal favourite experiences in gaming. Just that feeling of actually being on a starship doing starship stuff is unlike anything else I've played, and would be tremendously expensive and impractical to do in real life at the moment.

I'm not sure a non-Trek fan would get as much out of it, but if you can get it cheap it's still a great co-op spaceship game.
  • AboutHalfaStevas 13 May 2018 21:36:50 379 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Is it worth bothering with at all for single player? I like the idea of it, but the thought of trying to play it with randoms on PSN is enough to make me queasy even before VR has anything to do with it.
  • DFawkes Friendliest Forumite, 2016 13 May 2018 21:51:18 31,952 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    If I'm honest, I probably wouldn't recommend it for anyone else if it's for single player only. It's still playable enough (maybe even easier at times), and you still get to be on a starship doing starship stuff with the added ability of either giving orders or jumping into the other bridge positions to do stuff manually, but for me the thing that lifts it into something special is playing co-op with others.
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 13 May 2018 22:10:54 13,888 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Holy fucking shit, the size of the giant spider boss is awe inspiring stuff. Also I think it was my hangover this morning as I'm not getting a twitch out of my stomach now. This with the aim controller is by far my favourite experience with it so far. You're just in the game.
  • AboutHalfaStevas 13 May 2018 23:42:37 379 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    DFawkes wrote:
    If I'm honest, I probably wouldn't recommend it for anyone else if it's for single player only. It's still playable enough (maybe even easier at times), and you still get to be on a starship doing starship stuff with the added ability of either giving orders or jumping into the other bridge positions to do stuff manually, but for me the thing that lifts it into something special is playing co-op with others.
    Okay, I guess I'm still curious about it, I'll keep an eye out for it in sales...

Blasters of the universe is good fun for 7 quid, guys. The tracking is spot on.
  • ModoX 14 May 2018 09:48:13 3,198 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    After trying a friend's Vive on Saturday, I ended up going out and buying a PSVR Sunday morning, myself and the Mrs played on it loads yesterday afternoon. It's brilliant!

I already had Thumper and Wipeout, and it came with Playroom and VR Worlds. I got the Rush of Blood demo too, so we've tried all those things. Rez is one of my all time favourite games though from on the Dreamcast back on the day. I immediately bought it and it's been such an incredible experience. Feels like it was always meant to be in VR and area x was breathtaking.

I don't want to go mad and buy all the games immediately, but I'd like to get some sort of shooter, and I'm liking the look of Raw Data so far. Excited to have lots of new gaming experiences to look forward to.
  • quadfather 14 May 2018 09:50:28 31,093 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Decks wrote:
    Holy fucking shit, the size of the giant spider boss is awe inspiring stuff. Also I think it was my hangover this morning as I'm not getting a twitch out of my stomach now. This with the aim controller is by far my favourite experience with it so far. You're just in the game.
    :D It's the sense of scale that's difficult to explain to people, but when it's done right, it's fucking ace.

Yeah, hangovers are bad for vomming too. I have to tread a tightrope between getting suitably pissed all the time but still able to do VR.
  • monkman76 14 May 2018 10:28:09 12,681 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @ModoX Raw Data is on the second demo 'disc' (bundle), in case you didn't know.
  • ModoX 14 May 2018 10:32:29 3,198 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @monkman76 I didn't! I'll take a look. There's a bunch of free stuff I haven't downloaded yet. I get tired of backing out then going in to try to get the console to load the stupid download page. Rez legitimately took me about ten minutes to get it to start downloading.
  • AboutHalfaStevas 14 May 2018 11:22:00 379 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @ModoX
    Raw Data is... Okay. When it works it's great - the sword and bow and arrow are fun - but there are a couple of things which put me off recommending it.

Firstly, the tracking is not brilliant. Quite often the game gets confused with where I am/my arms are, and I need to reset it all (normally just setting everything down on a stable surface for 20 seconds does the trick... But not always).

Secondly, there's something going on with the baddies in this, and I ain't sure what; almost like they don't move at the same FPS as the environment.

(By the way, do not pay the current price for it: I got it recently for 11 quid, and it'll be back at this price soon. Check psprices for how low a game has been, and wait. A load of VR games have jumped back up after a recent discount/sale and they'll drop back down very soon.)

If all you're after is a shooting gallery type game, no locomotion, check out Blasters of the Universe. Currently 7 quid odd; think of it like the VR equivalent of a CAVE shmup, where you can, erm, tailor your ship's armoury (but it's you... your face; your face is the ship).

Edited by AboutHalfaStevas at 11:23:46 14-05-2018
  • ModoX 14 May 2018 12:05:23 3,198 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @AboutHalfaStevas ah ok, thanks. That's a shame about the tracking and such.

The ones I've been looking at are the likes of Raw Data, Doom VFR, Farpoint, Arizona Sunshine etc. Raw Data also had the bow and sword which seemed cool, and I was putting off Farpoint until I felt like forking out for the Aim controller as well.
  • AboutHalfaStevas 14 May 2018 12:32:32 379 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Try the demo of Raw, that should give you an idea of how well the tracking works for you (it's possibly dependant on your setup) - and whether the baddies look a bit "off" for you also.

As I've already said, I find the controls in Arizona totally unintuitive. It's okay, headshotting zombies feels great, I just can't get on with how you move around in game. (It perhaps doesn't help matters that I'm often going back to it after a bit of Skyrim.)

I'm personally all over Doom when it appears in a sale.

Again, shouldn't be long.
  • ModoX 14 May 2018 12:35:43 3,198 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yeah I'll try the demo. Response to Arizona didn't seem great so that was bottom of the list.

I've signed myself up to that psprices and have email alerts on a few of them. Superhot is high up the list as well, played a bit of it on the Vive and it was very cool.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.