PSVR Page 276

• richardiox 12 Jun 2018 00:00:28 7,173 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Need to have a VR afternoon. Haven't fired it up for months, having a two year old kicking about makes it hard. There's a good backlog of shit I need to check out.
  • IronGiant 12 Jun 2018 00:03:58 5,751 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Thatís exactly my problem, my 4 year old is obsessed with Disney Infinity and keeps hogging the PS4 :)
  • Reacher 12 Jun 2018 00:09:21 2,740 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    It's the first time I have fired mine up in ages. Tried to play Rec Room but it's full of wankers.

The NEXTVR thing is so spectacular though. I can't wait for the WC and to see what they do with it
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 12 Jun 2018 10:46:13 15,211 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Pretty disappointing E3 for this. Other than the From thing nothing has really been announced has it? Firewall being out "very soon" is pretty good news though.
  • DFawkes Friendliest Forumite, 2016 12 Jun 2018 10:54:34 32,071 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I was going to re-type all this but screw it, I'm lazy so here's a link to a thread on Reddit:

PSVR Stuff from E3

Not much I'm personally interested in, but I'm sure there'll be something at least one other person might like :)
  • minky-kong 12 Jun 2018 11:12:45 13,808 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Decks wrote:
    Pretty disappointing E3 for this. Other than the From thing nothing has really been announced has it? Firewall being out "very soon" is pretty good news though.
    Look at PSVR like the Vita, it will be well served with interesting stuff by indie/smaller developers for a good while, but Sony have lost interest after the first year because it hasn't been a license to print money.
  • monkman76 12 Jun 2018 11:15:26 13,243 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I think if you take into account relative risk and expectation, PSVR has been more successful than Vita. I think Sony still have half an eye on it at least.
  • IronGiant 12 Jun 2018 11:19:29 5,751 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    minky-kong wrote:
    Decks wrote:
    Look at PSVR like the Vita, it will be well served with interesting stuff by indie/smaller developers for a good while, but Sony have lost interest after the first year because it hasn't been a license to print money.
    I'm sure they were fully aware it was never going to be a license to print money but it's sold well and the new deals are excellent value.

There's plenty of PSVR games on the store and Beat Saber, Ghost Giant, The Persistence, Blood and Truth, Dreams, Zone of The Enders 2 to name a few all look good to me.
  • IronGiant 12 Jun 2018 11:21:01 5,751 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    minky-kong wrote:
    Decks wrote:
    But yeah, keep comparing it to the VITA if it makes you feel better, the rest of us can keep enjoying some fantastic VR.
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 12 Jun 2018 11:22:39 15,211 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Yeah YEAH
  • minky-kong 12 Jun 2018 11:52:55 13,808 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    IronGiant wrote:
    minky-kong wrote:
    Decks wrote:
    But yeah, keep comparing it to the VITA if it makes you feel better, the rest of us can keep enjoying some fantastic VR.
    Bit aggressive pal. Settle down.

I am enjoying the PSVR, very much so, and thought the Vita was a great handheld. Just pointing out that Sony's approach at the moment is just to pay it lip service occasionally rather than give any hint that they've got big projects coming for it from their main studios.
  • evild_edd 12 Jun 2018 12:03:41 3,977 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I'm not sure E3 is the best setting for VR. It's a niche and therefore is going to struggle for mass impact. It almost needs a separate event offering journos hands-on opportunity alongside announcements.

But, yes, Sony will be focusing on ramping up for ps5 now and looking to indies to support VR, perhaps alongside some VR content in bigger releases (EG Dreams).

There's still some nice looking titles on the horizon. Hardly doom and gloom territory.

The Vita comparison isn't unfair imo.
  • LifeIsStrange 12 Jun 2018 12:12:35 80 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 8 months ago
    Please let there be a VR option for RE 2.
  • XtraCheese 12 Jun 2018 12:25:16 72 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 2 months ago
    minky-kong wrote:
    Decks wrote:
    Comparing the PSVR to the Vita is such a lazy, numb skull point of view.

The PSVR has been getting new content on the PlayStation store on a WEEKLY basis. Anyone with half a brain cell should realise itís not going to be getting regular extensive big budget offerings as the player base is significantly lower than that of the PS4, that doesnít mean however it wonít be getting substantial support down the road with compelling new content (which has already been proven so far with a wealth of great games already on the platform)

VR is a totally different kettle of fish to the Vita. Donít try and make out you know what you are talking about by comparing the two.
  • monkman76 12 Jun 2018 12:26:29 13,243 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    You seem pleasant.
  • minky-kong 12 Jun 2018 12:27:55 13,808 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    How long until CheesyDischarge gets banned again? I give it until the end of the week.
  • monkman76 12 Jun 2018 12:29:03 13,243 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Oh, it's him. Duh, of course.
  • DFawkes Friendliest Forumite, 2016 12 Jun 2018 12:36:09 32,071 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I was sort of hoping they might tease Farpoint 2 at E3. I love the first game but the grind to unlock weapons is a bit on the long side so it's starting to get a bit boring, though I still go back to it as it feels brilliant.
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 12 Jun 2018 12:40:26 15,211 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @DFawkes Have you tried Arizona Sunshine? I've just finished it at it's great with the aim.
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 12 Jun 2018 12:40:35 15,211 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Oh and fuck off cheese.
  • DFawkes Friendliest Forumite, 2016 12 Jun 2018 12:45:26 32,071 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Decks wrote:
    @DFawkes Have you tried Arizona Sunshine? I've just finished it at it's great with the aim.
    On my third playthrough at the moment :) Shame there's not any sort of unlocks like Farpoint, but it's a fun game. I especially loved that it had one thing Farpoint missed out on, some proper Sniper sections with a decent scope so you could pop heads.
  • XtraCheese 12 Jun 2018 12:55:03 72 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 2 months ago
    Decks wrote:
    Oh and fuck off cheese.
    How rude
  • IronGiant 12 Jun 2018 14:42:48 5,751 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    minky-kong wrote:
    IronGiant wrote:
    minky-kong wrote:
    Decks wrote:
    Bit aggressive pal. Settle down.

I am enjoying the PSVR, very much so, and thought the Vita was a great handheld. Just pointing out that Sony's approach at the moment is just to pay it lip service occasionally rather than give any hint that they've got big projects coming for it from their main studios.
    Hardly aggressive, but yeah whatever.

VR is clearly a niche market, growing slowly, it's actually ideal for smaller games and experiences. I'd much rather have more smaller quality titles like Moss than a couple of 20 hour+ games.

Sony Japan have Astro Bot: Rescue Mission coming which looks great, no idea if that's classed as a 'big project' :)
  • IronGiant 12 Jun 2018 19:28:37 5,751 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    All these are playable at E3.. maybe EG will give us a hands on report, probably not.

ASTRO BOT Rescue Mission
    Beat Saber
    Blood & Truth
    Bow to Blood
    Creed: Rise to Glory
    Evasion
    Firewall Zero Hour
    Ghost Giant
    MEGALITH
    Space Pirate Trainer
    Star Trek: Bridge Crew Ė The Next Generation
    Tetris Effect
    The Persistence
    Vacation Simulator
  • scoobysi 12 Jun 2018 22:02:02 1,442 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Only recently bought PSVR but the experience of Dirt Rally and Wipeout are enough alone for me to justify the purchase and something I will play for a long time to come.

I expect to pick up the likes of Resident Evil, Moss and Superhot too plus many of the others people mention so I think itís been a great addition to my gaming collection. Iíd thoroughly recommend it to anyone who started gaming on a ZX81 or the like, itíll blow your mind :)
  • ModoX 12 Jun 2018 22:50:08 3,313 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Similar to my views. With the price they are now, even if no more games ever come out for it there is plenty to dig into to justify the purchase.
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 12 Jun 2018 22:54:59 15,211 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Dunno about that, I've only had it a short amount of time and played most of the things I'm interested in now. There's plenty of stuff coming up that looks decent though. I still don't understand why they're not going through the old PS3 (or even PS2) games and converting them to VR though. Seems like such an easy win.
  • ModoX 12 Jun 2018 23:03:49 3,313 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Well I've got 50 hours out of it so far, mostly on Rez (12), Skyrim (9), Until Dawn (7), and the free demos and apps (9). There's plenty left to do in Skyrim obviously, I've only done a couple of hours of Wipeout, barely touched Thumper and Sprint Vector. Got a few hours out of Batman. There's quite a few games still to buy at this point that have been recommended.

Speaking of which, Farpoint and the Aim controller came back in stock at Very for £42.99, so just ordered that :)
  • monkman76 12 Jun 2018 23:17:30 13,243 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Decks wrote:
    Dunno about that, I've only had it a short amount of time and played most of the things I'm interested in now.
    The light that burns twice as bright burns half as long.
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 12 Jun 2018 23:21:13 15,211 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Ha I have been hammering it. Still want to pick up Rez and Until Dawn as well (though I was that struck on the demo for the latter). That climbing one that's just came on looks good was well.

The aim controller is excellent. Farpoint has probably been my favourite thing so far.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.