Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    You should know.
  • Skirlasvoud 13 Jun 2018 12:56:33 4,039 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    RandolphCarter wrote:
    Zippity-zap wrote:
    Oh, Randy...you haven't changed. Still an utter wanker.
    How else am I going to get my baby gravy into the turkey baster?
    I have to admit; there’s a few occasional comebacks when he’s already cornered by the rest of the forum, that are pretty good.
  • JamboWayOh 13 Jun 2018 13:22:15 9,549 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Skirlasvoud wrote:
    RandolphCarter wrote:
    Zippity-zap wrote:
    Oh, Randy...you haven't changed. Still an utter wanker.
    How else am I going to get my baby gravy into the turkey baster?
    I have to admit; there’s a few occasional comebacks when he’s already cornered by the rest of the forum, that are pretty good.
    No. They really aren't.
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 13 Jun 2018 16:16:31 7,968 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I was a 360 man last gen and due to being poor came late to the current gen and my PS4

Y'all reckon I need to play the first one or just jump straight in with this?
  • JamboWayOh 13 Jun 2018 16:19:10 9,549 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    simpleexplodingmaybe wrote:
    I was a 360 man last gen and due to being poor came late to the current gen and my PS4

Y'all reckon I need to play the first one or just jump straight in with this?
    DEFINITELY play the first one. For understandig the characters but also because the story and character interactions are great.

Edited by JamboWayOh at 16:19:32 13-06-2018
  • Switch024 13 Jun 2018 16:24:01 2,985 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Yeah you need to play the first one, it's a fantastic game in it's own right but there's a lot of character building that will mean a lot in this I imagine.
  • Fake_Blood 13 Jun 2018 16:39:04 8,972 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Lesbians aside, best kiss in a video game ever? I mean in most games if there is any kissing they show the back of the head because the faces are too difficult to animate.
  • IronGiant 13 Jun 2018 16:39:14 5,794 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Agreed, definitely play the first one.. it's a great game and was updated nicely for PS4. Plus the Left Behind DLC is superb.
  • ozthegweat 14 Jun 2018 10:53:23 2,061 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    When looking at this thread, a fungus apocalypse is probably what humanity deserves.
  • challenge_hanukkah 14 Jun 2018 14:19:22 8,048 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Shiitake Showdown.
  • Jyzzy-Z 16 Jun 2018 22:11:18 3,490 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Just finished the first game and the dlc. Really liked it but have very mixed feelings. The story drags it up a level, or it would be pretty average imo. Some bits really dragged, and the core gameplay is decent but forgettable.

Only a couple of monster types was disappointing but wasn't a big deal.

The dlc was a bit rubbish really, I would have been pissed if I paid for that back in the day.

Great characters, best prologue to a game I've ever played, great story, the remaster still looks good. Well worth 15 notes.

I just watched the trailer for the second one. The gameplay video looked like bullshots to me. Also looks a nailed on 30fps but that's standard on the Sony 30FrameStation (unless it's a PS3 remaster).

I'm looking forward to it though. Ellie is a great character and I'm looking forward to carrying on the story.

Esit: Oh and the soundtrack is bloody lovely.

Edited by Jyzzy-Z at 22:14:25 16-06-2018
  • DUFFMAN5 17 Jun 2018 07:11:06 23,525 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Playing through original game again, it really is sublime and the sense of urgency is tangible. It is basically The Road in game form.
  • captain-Snufkin 17 Jun 2018 07:13:39 589 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 months ago
    @Jyzz-Z The dlc was rubbish? It was sublime!

Edited by captain-Snufkin at 07:18:37 17-06-2018
  • smoothpete 17 Jun 2018 08:28:55 34,971 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    The DLC was brilliant. You’re smoking crack if you think otherwise
  • Jyzzy-Z 17 Jun 2018 09:25:51 3,490 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Pissing about in a toy shop and doing a run of the mill fetch mission for some meds. And it's like 2 hours long. I'm glad it was practically free.
  • ChiefGB 17 Jun 2018 11:06:52 9,425 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    It's one of the few games I've played through twice, the acting in it is electric at times. I just wasn't really onboard with the story from winter onwards. To suddenly try and shoehorn a villain in at the last minute, without much buildup, and then the ending didn't quite ring true for me the second time around knowing all this it was better. I've not played it again yet for the pro though, maybe next year.
  • Syrette 17 Jun 2018 22:58:13 49,987 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Anyone else struggling with a media blackout for this?
  • SolidSCB 18 Jun 2018 11:54:08 10,368 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yeah, aside from a couple of inconsequential GIFs of some of the animation from the gameplay trailer I've watched bugger all and that's the way it will stay. I've enjoyed games much more since stopping myself from absorbing all of the media surrounding them before release.
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 18 Jun 2018 14:42:29 7,968 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    SolidSCB wrote:
    Yeah, aside from a couple of inconsequential GIFs of some of the animation from the gameplay trailer I've watched bugger all and that's the way it will stay. I've enjoyed games much more since stopping myself from absorbing all of the media surrounding them before release.
    I'm terrible. When they're announced I want to see everything I possibly can. But also want no spoilers or to see too much. Binge for a week then try to avoid after that.

Until I'm playing and usually when its really good all I want to do when I'm not playing is read about or watch videos of it - but still with no spoilers.

I don't know whats wrong with me.
  • SolidSCB 18 Jun 2018 15:28:05 10,368 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I used to be terrible for it but there just came a point where I realised that large sections of games were becoming familiar to me before I'd ever even played it, and worse, I was playing it the exact same way I'd seen it played in the gameplay demos months before. It just felt pointless. They also tend to give so much away nowadays that you can patch a lot of it together before release and have a reasonable idea about what twists and turns you can expect.

I feel much better nowadays just not knowing a thing. Ironically I think it actually started with TLoU 1. Was a much better experience not having any sort of idea what to expect.
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 21 Jun 2018 14:24:13 7,968 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    TLoU 1 question.

Having been playing the standalone DLC as a sort of demo I've dug the setting and enjoy the creeping around and the story stuff has been nice but what I assume is the final battle of the 'present day' thread when you find the dude trying to break into Joel's shop. Is this indicative of stuff that happens in the main game? Cover based wave of dudes shooting? It's putting me right off something I've liked otherwise
  • Jyzzy-Z 21 Jun 2018 14:27:36 3,490 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Yeah to be honest, that's pretty much the whole of the main game. The pace does vary a bit, and you do get nice story sections and parts where you can explore areas for supplies (which is tiresome in itself after a while).

The gameplay is a bit dry to be fair, but I loved the characters and story so it was worth persisting. It's also not massive game so YMMV.
  • Derblington 21 Jun 2018 14:30:44 31,147 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Yeah, that's essentially the set-up of the human combat encounters.
    It's not really waves of enemies very often though - normally you get what is set-up in the encounter and that's it. I think they do reinforcement waves only a few times over a 16 hour play time.

The one in Left Behind is only a second wave too, iirc. The only thing that makes it difficult is lack of ammo forcing your positioning.
    The DLC is intended to be played after the first game, ideally, and the main game introduces everything much more gradually.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.