The Last of Us - Part II Page 2

• Ror 3 Dec 2016 23:54:57 17,704 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I thought TLoU ended perfectly, and was honestly fine with the idea of it never getting a sequel. That doesn't mean I don't want one of course, and I'll remain open-minded and see where it goes, but I think I'd also have liked to see ND try something new again, considering how well it went last time.

Still, seeing how successful the original was, they'd probably be crazy not to see where they could take it. At the moment, I'm half excited, half ever-so-slightly worried they might fuck it up. I'm sure they won't though, I'm sure it'll be great.

In the meantime, it has made me want to re-play the original, which I've been planning to do for a while. Still haven't played Left Behind!
  • Syrette 4 Dec 2016 00:02:24 49,987 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    wobbly_Bob wrote:
    I know this is gonna be the lone nutter response to this news but I'm really unhappy although not at all surprised. I really wish they was doing something new. Don't we get enough sequels.
    Sort of agree with you, as much as I'm all over this.

A whole new IP would have excited me even more.
  • Nitrous 4 Dec 2016 00:03:59 1,726 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @Syrette

I'll never understand why some people do this? Surely you'd lose money on it and end up paying more overall when buying back again?

Anyway. TLOU part 2. I might even consider a pre order for this which isn't something I'd usually do.
  • ozthegweat 4 Dec 2016 00:22:22 2,061 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Naughty Dog has two teams AFAIK. One team is doing TLOU2 for the next few years and the other one is doing the Uncharted story expansion with Chloe. When the latter is done in 9 months, I can't see them becoming a Uncharted spin-off factory (they might hand that off to some other studio). I believe a new IP will come from that team.
  • Deleted user 4 December 2016 01:02:24
    Well, I for one wasn't completely pleased with the ending. I would have liked to see (or even hear via audio recordings) discussions between Ellie and Marlene about the procedure and that there was no way to "extricate the parasite without eliminating the host. Fancy way of saying we gotta kill the fucking kid".

What was her reaction? Did she not want to go through with it? What did she say about Joel?

I mean, clearly Ellie knew Joel was lying in the last scene, so she did know that they would get a cure from her at least, but -what- did she know? And what did Marlene not tell her?

It was a good ending, but was far from perfect, and hopefully we'll see how it strains their relationship and comes out. (Because I think it will be a thing they deal with in the game.)
  • Humperfunk 4 Dec 2016 01:23:37 7,790 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Great news. Another playthrough needed in the new year me thinks!
  • FrostPan 4 Dec 2016 01:26:45 1,513 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    So this will be the first Playstation generation that Naughty Dog will not release a new IP then?

PS1: Crash
    PS2: Jak
    PS3: Uncharted/TLOU
    PS4: Uncharted/TLOU

Anyway, only just played TLOU and its DLC earlier this year. Great game, although I didn't find it as brilliant as most people did. But I'm still excited for the sequel.

The MP was excellent, so hope they will smash it for the sequel too.

Edited by FrostPan at 01:28:10 04-12-2016
  • -Amelia 4 Dec 2016 08:51:11 3,164 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I'm pretty sure Joel is dead and the fireflies killed him because of what happened in part 1 and now Ellie out to end the fireflies.
  • ChiefGB 4 Dec 2016 09:41:18 9,425 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    What like he's a voice in her head? Oh that might be interesting. What if they did a sixth sense thingy at the end.................maybe we should write it ;)
  • ChiefGB 4 Dec 2016 09:42:22 9,425 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Good timing building the hypes now actually with the pro enhancements too actually. Reasons to replay or get on board.
  • AwesomeWells 4 Dec 2016 09:47:12 1,119 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    ozthegweat wrote:
    - soundtrack is again done by Gustavo Santaolalla
    Fantastic! I adored the soundtrack for the first game. The only videogame score that has permanent place on my phone.
  • Deleted user 4 December 2016 10:18:32
    I could have lived without knowing that speculation. Oh well, my own fault for not ignoring everything about games I want, like I usually do. That's me out.

Edited by Yakyakyo at 10:18:57 04-12-2016
  • Ron_Justice 4 Dec 2016 10:34:36 3,122 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    -Amelia wrote:
    I'm pretty sure Joel is dead and the fireflies killed him because of what happened in part 1 and now Ellie out to end the fireflies.
    Erm, he's in the room with her. Ok, we could be seeing her imaginary friend, but I suspect not. I think the tension of this game, at least in part, will be the ongoing lie that Joel has been telling Ellie, and the consequences of her vengeance. In the course of her journey, she'll find out Joel lied to her and, coupled with her hate for the Fireflies, she'll end up hating Joel too, at least for a while.
  • mothercruncher 4 Dec 2016 10:44:02 15,256 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Both nads MAXIMALLY pumped.

The game I felt most obsessed by and most invested in ever. I could live without an Uncharted sequel but, given the quality this team is capable of and the world they created here I've genuine faith they'll get me in the feels, like no other game, once again.
  • Shivoa 4 Dec 2016 10:47:27 6,314 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    @-Amelia Ok, I can definitely see that. As with the recent Arkham Knight, I'd expect the story to still lean quite heavily on Joel with possibly a major turn when Ellie stops seeing/hearing him.

Maybe the Fireflies killed him, maybe he just got infected because that's just how things go. I suspect we'll get a better idea of the plot pre-release so maybe not 2 years before we find out what's going on.
  • the_milkybar_kid 4 Dec 2016 14:38:20 7,618 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    He's not dead, not in this scene. I'm not convinced by the speculation that he's a fecking ghost in this scene either. Be way too corny for the games style they're going with.

Anyone notice the window is the same feom the title screen? Or at least a little easter egg.
  • Deleted user 4 December 2016 14:59:14
    Yeah, no way he's dead in the teaser.

Will die in the game though.
  • -Amelia 4 Dec 2016 15:45:47 3,164 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    No he's not a ghost. It's Elle's conscience, it's all in her mind. It's not like sixth sense.
  • Vortex808 4 Dec 2016 15:57:53 12,713 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    mothercruncher wrote:
    Good to hear.

How about everyone's ass temps? Are they fully CRANKED?
  • Deleted user 4 December 2016 16:10:14
    -Amelia wrote:
    No he's not a ghost. It's Elle's conscience, it's all in her mind. It's not like sixth sense.
    I think that's what people mean when they say "not a ghost".

I don't think anyone is suggesting anything supernatural like that in a world that's so grounded.
  • Daeltaja 4 Dec 2016 16:49:49 1,653 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Vortex808 wrote:
    mothercruncher wrote:
    Good to hear.

How about everyone's ass temps? Are they fully CRANKED?
    I don't think my ass temps will hold for 2 years, might make a mess along the way, BUT I WILL TRY.
  • the_milkybar_kid 4 Dec 2016 17:50:06 7,618 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Nah, I don't buy it. This isn't a Kojima trailer. It's just to emphasise that Ellie's going to be the main focus. I don't think there needs to be this much speculation with a ND trailer. They're straight forward and set a tone.
  • ChiefGB 4 Dec 2016 18:19:50 9,425 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    -Amelia wrote:
    Well yes, that's what I meant, in the sixth sense the twist was on everyone. This would be just on us at the end. It was the nearest reference i could think of and It was just a quick reply.
  • -Amelia 4 Dec 2016 18:25:23 3,164 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I wonder how pretty it will be. I'm guessing a slightly smoother uc4. Hopefully they are quite bold in their direction of the story and where they take the gameplay/environments.
  • Shivoa 4 Dec 2016 18:26:44 6,314 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Like, why shouldn't we speculate? What is the possible harm of considering the trailer and what is could indicate? Surely to speculate that this isn't the case is exactly the same as speculating that Joel isn't alive at this point?

There seems to be nothing in the text that refutes this reading, it seems perfectly possible. In fact, when I rewatched after reading that interpretation, it seemed incredibly solid - that seems a good fit for exactly this sort of framing.
  • ChiefGB 4 Dec 2016 19:16:25 9,425 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I'm hoping for actually some closure this time though. I'm starting to think nd seem to have forgotten how to do this after tlou and uc4 endings.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.