The Last of Us - Part II Page 3

• robc84 5 Dec 2016 21:23:58 12,578 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Derblington wrote:
    I didn't want this. TLoU is a perfect standalone title but, fuck me, I'm in.
    Sums up my feelings exactly.

Bring it on.
  • Shivoa 5 Dec 2016 21:49:24 6,314 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    "A queer lady wearing a beaten up denim shirt, playing an acoustic guitar, an image right out of a Melissa Etheridge video from the mid 90s. C'mon, I'm not the *only one* who saw that, right?" https://waypoint.vice.com/en_us/article/i-hope-the-last-of-us-part-ii-is-super-gay
  • Derblington 5 Dec 2016 21:54:23 30,856 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Errol wrote:
    Stand alone, yes, but clearly there is still a story to be told as both the main characters are alive at the end.
    As was planned until now, there wasn't. Just because they survived didn't automatically mean there was a story about further trauma that was worth telling. It was originally designed as a self-contained piece.
  • robc84 5 Dec 2016 23:01:33 12,578 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I think the point is that it didn't need a sequel. As a stand alone title it was brilliant.

They have decided to 'make some stuff up' like you say, and I'm psyched for it. But if they had left it as it was and released a new IP instead that would have been fine too (or probably better). Plus there is the risk that the follow up doesn't do the original justice. Although I'm sure that won't be the case here.
  • Derblington 6 Dec 2016 06:36:05 30,856 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Errol wrote:
    Who cares what was originally designed?
    The World of TLOU exists, the characters still exists. Make some stuff up.
    Exactly there reason there are so many shitty sequels to so many things.
  • Dirtbox 12 Jun 2018 03:04:10 90,451 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
  • Scimarad 12 Jun 2018 06:46:59 9,434 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    The whole middle part of that trailer is really reinforcing the idea that Joel made the right decision by saying "Fuck the Human race" effectively. Can we play as the fungus please?
  • DUFFMAN5 12 Jun 2018 07:11:11 23,015 posts
    Seen 18 seconds ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Just watched it, looks great. Do we know release date ?
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 12 Jun 2018 07:22:18 14,291 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Shit that looks amazing.
  • smoothpete 12 Jun 2018 07:40:30 34,764 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Fuck yeah
  • JiveHound 12 Jun 2018 07:40:59 9,518 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    No release yet, I would guess spring 2019.

Last of Us 1 was June wasn't it?

And yeah, it looked mint.

Edited by JiveHound at 07:41:19 12-06-2018
  • greenmekon 12 Jun 2018 08:15:07 459 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    This is looking outstanding. You know its going to be amazing as naughty dog always deliver.
  • Frogofdoom 12 Jun 2018 08:33:16 8,477 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Probably released in February with everything else under the sun.
  • RandolphCarter 12 Jun 2018 08:43:38 747 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 8 months ago
    Shivoa wrote:
    "A queer lady wearing a beaten up denim shirt, playing an acoustic guitar, an image right out of a Melissa Etheridge video from the mid 90s. C'mon, I'm not the *only one* who saw that, righti-hope-the-Werenwaypoint.vice.com/en_us/article/i-hope-the-last-of-us-part-ii-is-super-gay
    Weren't wrong, were they?
  • StarchildHypocrethes 12 Jun 2018 08:51:51 31,619 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    No doubt high-pitched wails of "pandering!" and "omg politiks!" are emanating from basements the world over.
  • RandolphCarter 12 Jun 2018 08:55:27 747 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 8 months ago
    The game looks superb - although part of me will miss the surly teenage Ellie.
  • the_milkybar_kid 12 Jun 2018 09:26:38 7,012 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Looks really bloody good. Few games have captured that feeling of dread when a group are trying to find you like the first did. I wonder if any of that was
    due to the responsibility of looking after young Ellie?

Whilst it looks beautiful and a really good continuation of that story, I hope they don't double down on the grim, dour, gory nature of it. Last of Us was at it's best during the downtime and the conversations between Joel and Ellie. Speaking of which, I hope he's still prominent in this.
  • mothercruncher 12 Jun 2018 09:42:00 14,958 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I still feel incredibly protective of Ellie, itís amazing the feelings the first game engendered in me.
    I do need to have a word with her about all the knifing though.
  • JamboWayOh 12 Jun 2018 09:53:40 7,669 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    God that looked stunning, like positively next gen looking. Sign me up.
  • senso-ji 12 Jun 2018 10:06:07 8,430 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I really hope the final game runs at that graphical fidelity and frame rate (maybe only on PS4 Pro?). I'll still get it regardless, the first one was amazing.
  • RandolphCarter 12 Jun 2018 16:37:28 747 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 8 months ago
    I wonder if her immunity to the cordyceps is hereditary? If so, I can imagine the storyline touching upon the nature of her sexuality being an impediment to passing on those genes, and whether or not a person should ignore their sexuality in order to suit society.
  • Tonka 12 Jun 2018 18:04:17 27,959 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Spoken like a true incel.
  • Armoured_Bear 12 Jun 2018 18:06:32 22,562 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    RandolphCarter wrote:
    I wonder if her immunity to the cordyceps is hereditary? If so, I can imagine the storyline touching upon the nature of her sexuality being an impediment to passing on those genes, and whether or not a person should ignore their sexuality in order to suit society.
    Can we please get rid of these new forum cunts please.
  • Skirlasvoud 12 Jun 2018 18:57:37 3,762 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    RandolphCarter wrote:
    A genuinely interesting question. Too bad there's zero insightful debate to be had since it's an obvious trap set by EG's biased troll denizens.

Wish it was brought up by someone who isn't a proven cupcake.

Edited by Skirlasvoud at 19:00:33 12-06-2018
  • RandolphCarter 12 Jun 2018 19:08:47 747 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 8 months ago
    Is it not a highly pertinent theme? The role of individual autonomy within a post-apocalyptic society. Ellie, as a woman immune to the fungus, is key to the future of the human race - yet, by being homosexual she is unable to produce offspring who would possibly share her immunity.

It offers up interesting questions about the role of the self vs societal needs. Are we meant to respect her sexuality, her desire to live life on her own terms - perhaps at the detriment of the future of the human race?

Her refusal to be subjugated by a society that, perhaps like the fungus, treats her body as little more than a host for replication's sake is perhaps a society not worth saving.

Her body becomes the political, very much like in the first game.
  • Skirlasvoud 12 Jun 2018 19:17:56 3,762 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    We're not going to feed you by taking you serious. You've lost the claim to intellectual sincerity, quite a few shitpost hur-dur statements ago.

I'm more interested in the debate if we'd lose or gain more of a sense of our humanity and societal values if we take disingenuous cretins like you out of the gene pool. It's a far more immediate and urgent debate to the continuation and proper evolution of our species, to be had right now as you're sat giggling behind your keyboard, than at what point two normal, genuine individuals being happy together is a luxury in a futuristic, fictional dystopia.

Edited by Skirlasvoud at 19:22:31 12-06-2018
  • RandolphCarter 12 Jun 2018 19:30:33 747 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 8 months ago
    Skirlasvoud wrote:
    We're not going to feed you by taking you serious. You've lost the claim to intellectual sincerity, quite a few shitpost hur-dur statements ago.

I'm more interested in the debate if we'd lose or gain more of a sense of our humanity and societal values if we take disingenuous cretins like you out of the gene pool. It's a far more immediate and urgent debate to the continuation and proper evolution of our species, to be had right now as you're sat giggling behind your keyboard, than at what point two normal, genuine individuals being happy together is a luxury in a futuristic, fictional dystopia.
    Too late, bub. I have already passed on my genes. Have you?

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.