Following Transformers: The last Knight Page 5

  • Baihu1983 21 Jun 2017 11:44:41 10,623 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @JamboWayOh Travis Knight
  • JamboWayOh 21 Jun 2017 11:47:03 10,735 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Baihu1983

    Yeah just seen. I'm quite intrigued now.
  • Baihu1983 21 Jun 2017 11:55:54 10,623 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Set in 1985 apparently
  • JamboWayOh 21 Jun 2017 11:58:13 10,735 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Baihu1983

    Lol, seen that too, I posted it on the previous page. Hopefully the core reason for transformers being shit is Bay. I would like this correlation to be true.
  • Baihu1983 21 Jun 2017 16:39:38 10,623 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Sad thing people at work are still excited for this. Even when the 3hr stuff appeared they were fine with it.

    captbirdseye wrote:
    So it's mess

    Super spoilers in the above link.

    Haha harsh if the bit about SW is true
  • nickthegun 21 Jun 2017 16:46:04 76,188 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Where do you work?
  • Not-a-reviewer 21 Jun 2017 18:41:48 5,459 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    JamboWayOh wrote:
    @Baihu1983

    Lol, seen that too, I posted it on the previous page. Hopefully the core reason for transformers being shit is Bay. I would like this correlation to be true.
    More likely because it's a film about transforming robots punching transforming robots. Other than the racism and crude humour, there's not much more you can really expect from these things.
  • JamboWayOh 21 Jun 2017 18:45:48 10,735 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @reviewer

    You say that but a Terrence Malick directed version of Transformers would be revelatory.
  • Daryoon 21 Jun 2017 19:35:46 5,912 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    captbirdseye wrote:
    So it's mess

    Super spoilers in the above link.
    Where do they dig up the writers for these things, because I've seen fanfic of a higher quality than that.
  • crashVoodoo 22 Jun 2017 07:51:22 6,182 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    'Transformers: The Last Knight' Review: Michael Bay's Latest Is 2017's Most Toxic Movie

    http://www.rollingstone.com/movies/reviews/peter-travers-transformers-5-is-2017s-most-toxic-movie-w488595

    Michael Bay's latest mega-bots monstrosity makes this summer's other blockbuster misfires look like masterpieces
    0 stars

    0_o
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 22 Jun 2017 08:08:30 17,473 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Beastmaster just cancelled his fifth and sixth ticket.
  • nickthegun 22 Jun 2017 08:19:25 76,188 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Where's 'turn off your brain' guy?
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 22 Jun 2017 08:22:52 17,473 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    He slipped into a coma while watching the last one.
  • thelzdking 22 Jun 2017 09:00:13 8,827 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Decks wrote:
    He slipped into a coma while watching the last one.
    Glol
  • beastmaster 22 Jun 2017 09:44:44 18,915 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Decks wrote:
    Beastmaster just cancelled his fifth and sixth ticket.
    Ha! Not got any tickets for it yet. Film's not flopped as such but it's not exactly doing mega-bucks in the states.
  • MrTomFTW Best Moderator, 2016 22 Jun 2017 10:11:20 47,495 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Well I'm not surprised, there was no way they could top the laminated paedo card from the last one.
  • IronGiant 22 Jun 2017 10:54:42 5,831 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Hopefully nobody goes to watch this tripe and Bay just fucks off with his money!
  • Baihu1983 22 Jun 2017 12:10:28 10,623 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Wahlberg has decided not to come back for a 3rd apparently
  • dai_bonehead 22 Jun 2017 23:39:52 449 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Against logic, I i hoped this would be at least passable. Older son is a transformers nut and is taking us all hostage this Saturday to go and see it.
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 22 Jun 2017 23:56:34 8,788 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I've only seen the first one, did they ever get any better than that?
  • FWB 22 Jun 2017 23:58:41 55,491 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    God, no. They have got worse and worse, if that was possible. No idea how Bay still has a career. Shocking films.
  • Sharz 23 Jun 2017 08:19:39 1,864 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    The effects certainly did. The main problem with the first movie was the transforming was just a jumble of metal and sparks. After that they improved however in the process the sequels lost actual script writing and non nonsense plot.
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 23 Jun 2017 09:31:24 8,788 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Watching the first few minutes of Angry Joe's review. Why is he so surprised that it is filled with explosions and edited with a hundred cuts a minute?
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 23 Jun 2017 09:31:24 8,788 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Post deleted
  • Baihu1983 23 Jun 2017 12:05:20 10,623 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    simpleexplodingmaybe wrote:
    Watching the first few minutes of Angry Joe's review. Why is he so surprised that it is filled with explosions and edited with a hundred cuts a minute?
    Surprised a guy who's videos are just him making loud noises and bad jokes doesn't like a film that's just loud noises and bad jokes
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 23 Jun 2017 14:10:22 8,788 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    He's my hooting fanboy of choice. Even if I agree with him probably less than half the time.
  • paulboy81 23 Jun 2017 15:31:59 247 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Saw this last night, was better than I expected to be honest, although I did go in with the absolute rock-bottom of expectations to be fair, make of that what you will.

    As a reference point I quite liked the original film and to a much, much lesser extent Dark of The Moon as well. Revenge of The Fallen and Age of Extinction however were absolutely bollocks. I'd probably rate The Last Knight somewhere in the middle there.

    It's still overlong and utterly overblown nonsense of course. I always feel with Bay's films that there's a much better 90 minute film in there somewhere. Jettison the side-plots and secondary characters, dial back the "comedy" and focus a bit more on what works (if there is anything) and you might be left with have a halfway acceptable bit of fun, maybe.

    On a more positive and somewhat technical note, saw it in IMAX 3D and some of the sequences, particularly the aerial stuff towards the end are quite breathtaking in all fairness, and I say that as someone who usually despises such 3D shenanigans in the cinema.
  • Baihu1983 23 Jun 2017 17:16:47 10,623 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    ubergine wrote:
    Surprised someone watches Angry Joe and is surprised he's a cunt.
    Nah I avoid the guys videos. Never been able to finish one.
Log in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.