Inside No. 9 Page 6

Next Last
  • ChiefGB 29 Oct 2018 11:53:33 10,671 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yes, you never know what you will get. It’s one of those shows where I settle right down to watch. Very comforting, and potentially unsettling.
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 29 Oct 2018 12:37:53 10,219 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I wonder how many people turned off after the tech faults started during the live broadcast?
  • minky-kong 29 Oct 2018 12:40:32 14,229 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Oh Bobby! Oh Jesus!
  • chrisp 29 Oct 2018 13:02:13 1,141 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    @simpleexplodingmaybe My brother very nearly did. Possibly would have done had I not messaged him to say I think he should probably keep watching.
  • Youthist 29 Oct 2018 14:03:46 13,766 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    simpleexplodingmaybe wrote:
    I wonder how many people turned off after the tech faults started during the live broadcast?
    I turned off after about 5 seconds of a quiet night in. I was watching it on delay and went online to find out what happened and when the reschedule was planned for.
  • cowell 29 Oct 2018 14:11:38 1,889 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    minky-kong wrote:
    Oh Bobby! Oh Jesus!
    One of my favourite viral videos. Was chuffed to see them use that
  • chrisp 29 Oct 2018 14:20:55 1,141 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    @Youthist I have to admit at that point I was considering how long to leave it before I switched off!
  • minky-kong 29 Oct 2018 14:21:16 14,229 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    cowell wrote:
    minky-kong wrote:
    Oh Bobby! Oh Jesus!
    One of my favourite viral videos. Was chuffed to see them use that
    I hadn't thought of it for a while but I recognised it immediately, and turned to my girlfriend and said "brace yourself for this"!

Such a good episode all round, I was totally hoodwinked.
  • RGeefe 29 Oct 2018 15:45:42 311 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I watched it live and before it even started I was thinking about Paul Daniels' infamous iron maiden trick, so I wasn't too surprised by the way it turned out. I must admit to turning over initially because, genuinely, I thought it wouldn't be that obvious.

Honestly, I don't feel that any of it was actually live. It was far too nicely done and, from my experience dealing with outside broadcasts and live broadcasting, it was too well put together for that to be the case. I'd be interested to see if anyone turned over to BBC1 or BBC 4 to see if the footage they showed matched up with the 10 o clock news.

Hate to be contrarian but it felt very much like the first time you watch Blair Witch Project - it's interesting during it but once you get to the end of it there's a big anticlimax. I felt that the whole episode was a massive missed opportunity and I'm gutted that they didn't even bother to read out actual tweets to keep up the illusion.

On the whole - a disappointment that played too safe and didn't really add anything new to the found footage/ live gone wrong genre. Especially given that they've already covered that actual topic themselves in the clairvoyant episode of the main series.

Some nice easter eggs in there though, such as Pop's phone number from The League.
  • MadCaddy13 1 Nov 2018 21:27:15 3,026 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    simpleexplodingmaybe wrote:
    I fast forwarded the first standby screen thinking they’ve fucked it up. When a quiet night in came on I thought - yeh not watched this one before.

End of the day, it was genius. It got me and the missus
  • Nanocrystal 2 Nov 2018 00:38:29 1,849 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    minky-kong wrote:
    Oh Bobby! Oh Jesus!
    I'd never seen that before and it was easily the most disturbing part of the episode, which was otherwise pretty underwhelming I thought.
  • arty 8 Nov 2018 10:54:10 542 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Just caught up with this and loved it. Knew absolutely nothing and was surprised that a technical fault was still on the iPlayer version then it twigged that it was all a massive wind up. Made me laught a lot.
  • Next Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.