Following Super Mario Odyssey Page 72

Next Last
  • robc84 2 Mar 2019 18:31:32 13,571 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Gaol

Yeah been getting the ones from toadette.

So there must be loads more, just need to look harder I guess.
  • Ienjoysquid 10 Mar 2019 18:52:48 303 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I think I'm going to sell this now. As much as I enjoyed the short main story playthrough with my kid, grinding out the other moons hasn't held our interest as much as I hoped it would.

It's not that it isn't fun, it's just I never remember it.
  • JonFE 10 Mar 2019 20:27:08 1,931 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    @robc84 Regarding Super Mario Odyssey, IIRC there's an in-game list of collectible moons per kingdom, where the ones you have already found are displayed by name, so you may narrow down the possible locations of the missing ones...
  • RawShark 11 Mar 2019 14:03:58 575 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Ienjoysquid One thing I will say about the game design is that I found that after completing the main story I could pick up the game for short bursts and would usually be able to find one or two moons I'd missed on every sitting. That's great design - challenging but never blocking progress (albeit with a little help from Uncle Amiibo).

It got to the point where I just sat down one weekend and decided to pick up all the remaining moons so I could get on and play something else. And the criticism I have of the game is that the incentives for getting all the moons are pretty weak. It's really all about the fun of actually doing it and knowing you were good enough to get them rather than what you get at the end. (And it has to be said, some moons are considerably more fun than others. Volleyball, I'm looking at you).

I'm still about 15,000 coins away from getting the last two outfits, so still grinding away at that bloody coin run in Bowser's Kingdom. God knows why I feel like I need these outfits for a game where I've already seen everything. But I've made it this far so may as well now.
  • jimnastics 11 Mar 2019 14:14:39 1,603 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    My little lad has finally had his fill of the game at about 570 moons... he's done and dusted. We both absolutely loved the game and it'll be timeless in my memory as the first game we completed together :)
  • Waffleaber 11 Mar 2019 15:09:52 737 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Just shy of 700 moons after picking this up again. I also saved up for the 8-Bit Mario outfit and....it's rubbish. His legs don't even move. Massive disappointment.
  • DangerousDave_87 11 Mar 2019 22:42:12 5,962 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @Waffleaber That wasn't even a costume when I completed the game. There was the N64 costume, which was amusing.
  • Next Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.