Terminator 6 from James Cameron and Tim Miller Page 11

• The-Bodybuilder 11 Jun 2019 19:11:11 17,704 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    You-can-call-me-kal wrote:
    Hmmm.

See that just opens up a whole can of worms, as it's obviously not the T1 or T2 T-800 as both were destroyed, and there's much more advanced Terminators even by the 90s, so why is there an 80s era T-800 chilling in a countryside cabin for forty years?

No doubt it'll be explained away somehow but I hate these post-rationalised explanations around forcing Arnie into the film.
    It's frustrating that even Cameron seems to think fans of the franchise or only fans because of Arnold, and not, you know....because it's an awesome universe.

I really hope it's just some kind of red herring and he is indeed human, but have to just apply Occam's Razor to this; if he walks, talks, acts, and credited on the cast as a terminator, he probably is a terminator.
  • Load_2.0 11 Jun 2019 19:14:36 29,333 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    It's a shame they don't have a bit more respect for the world they created in both the original and T2.
  • The-Bodybuilder 11 Jun 2019 19:18:45 17,704 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    BinaryBob101 wrote:
    So, this has had test screenings which have leaked all over reddit.

Clusterfuck confirmed.
    sigh.
  • Your-Mother 11 Jun 2019 19:28:24 2,767 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Yeah, the whole plot has been leaked online and itís absolute hot garbage. This could very well kill the franchise stone dead until the inevitable full reboot.
  • JoeBlade 11 Jun 2019 19:38:18 4,372 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Your-Mother wrote:
    Yeah, the whole plot has been leaked online and itís absolute hot garbage. This could very well kill the franchise stone dead until the inevitable full reboot.
    Dunno, considering it survived everything after T2 I'm not sure what could kill it dead in its tracks.
  • Your-Mother 11 Jun 2019 19:49:07 2,767 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    If itís accurate, this makes Genisys looks like a masterpiece of cinema.
  • The-Bodybuilder 11 Jun 2019 19:51:31 17,704 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    JoeBlade wrote:
    Your-Mother wrote:
    Dunno, considering it survived everything after T2 I'm not sure what could kill it dead in its tracks.
    Not even melting it in molten metal could stop this.
    Tbf, as technology and AI advances, Terminator will become even more relevant, so I don't think it will ever truly die.

Just read the leaks. Man alive this is garbage. Reads like Cameron watched Genysis and thought "I like what it's trying to do, but this is how I would've done it differently".
    And I know he has strong female leads, and it's why both Sarah and Ripley (his version at least) are my 2 fav female leads ever, but he's done full on SJW in this, retconning everything to suit a new agenda. Even does that whole Dark Pheonix bit where they all go "we don't need no man" guff.
  • beastmaster 11 Jun 2019 20:10:12 19,225 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Trailer was not impressive.

Edit: Itís not out till November. Are they really showing it this early or is it just bullshit? Probably have time to change it drastically before then.

Edited by beastmaster at 20:13:56 11-06-2019
  • Baihu1983 11 Jun 2019 21:43:19 11,352 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The-Bodybuilder wrote:
    JoeBlade wrote:
    Your-Mother wrote:
    Not even melting it in molten metal could stop this.
    Tbf, as technology and AI advances, Terminator will become even more relevant, so I don't think it will ever truly die.

Just read the leaks. Man alive this is garbage. Reads like Cameron watched Genysis and thought "I like what it's trying to do, but this is how I would've done it differently".
    And I know he has strong female leads, and it's why both Sarah and Ripley (his version at least) are my 2 fav female leads ever, but he's done full on SJW in this, retconning everything to suit a new agenda. Even does that whole Dark Pheonix bit where they all go "we don't need no man" guff.

He was willing to promote that
  • The-Bodybuilder 11 Jun 2019 21:57:15 17,704 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    beastmaster wrote:

Edit: Itís not out till November. Are they really showing it this early or is it just bullshit? Probably have time to change it drastically before then.
    I once watched a screening (The Descent 2) almost 2 years before it's release (and changed ending).
  • adamasunder12 11 Jun 2019 22:06:33 210 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 1 month ago
    iirc The Descent 2 shouldn't even have existed as everyone died at the end of 1.
  • beastmaster 11 Jun 2019 22:11:48 19,225 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    The-Bodybuilder wrote:
    beastmaster wrote:

I once watched a screening (The Descent 2) almost 2 years before it's release (and changed ending).
    Bloody hell. I did too. The cast and director were there too for a Q&A after the screening.
  • The-Bodybuilder 11 Jun 2019 23:04:11 17,704 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    beastmaster wrote:
    The-Bodybuilder wrote:
    beastmaster wrote:

Bloody hell. I did too. The cast and director were there too for a Q&A after the screening.
    Ha, same for mine. :D
  • Rodney 12 Jun 2019 00:23:44 3,865 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I'm reading rumours that the t800 has settled into a domesticated life, named himself Carl and runs an upulstory business.

This can't be serious, can it?
  • thelzdking 12 Jun 2019 00:53:29 9,366 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I fucking hope so. Upholster-la-vista, baby!
  • JoeBlade 12 Jun 2019 07:02:50 4,372 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Could still be all the leaked material is deliberately nonsense and deliberately spread to put us on the wrong foot, studios have been doing that for years now. It's rather suspicious it popped up so shortly after the trailer (which happens to be the only official material of any substance so far)

One can hope.
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 12 Jun 2019 07:30:38 19,802 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Rodney wrote:
    I'm reading rumours that the t800 has settled into a domesticated life, named himself Carl and runs an upulstory business.

This can't be serious, can it?
    Yup.

Lost its sense of meaning after killing John Connor in the early 90s and started a life among the humans

I've read the plot spoilers now (as I don't give a shit about the franchise anymore) and while it sounds a bit shit I don't think it sounds as bad as Genisys.

I would rate Genisys as one of the worst films I've ever seen though so ymmv.
  • Load_2.0 12 Jun 2019 08:27:13 29,333 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    What.

It's early but if this is an EG in-joke I have missed it.

Surely this is all an orchestrated effort to create buzz or hype?

That all sounds to absurd to be true.
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 12 Jun 2019 08:33:08 19,802 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    It kind of makes sense in a "how the fuck do we shoehorn an old Arnold Schwarzenegger in" kind of a way.
  • nickthegun 12 Jun 2019 08:38:08 77,851 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Here's a plot: terminator comes back to kill Jon Connor, kills him gets bored and wonders what an infiltration unit could do to pass the time.

Becomes president and starts a black project to build skynet.

I thought of that on the toilet. THE TOILET!
  • AcidSnake 12 Jun 2019 08:51:31 8,137 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    Becomes president and starts a black project to build skynet.
    Surely governor? I think they'd have issues with his birth certificate if it attempted a run for president...
  • Zyrr 12 Jun 2019 09:03:18 376 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Decks wrote:
    This. What an utterly miserable disaster of a film that was. Proper shite.
  • nickthegun 12 Jun 2019 09:03:57 77,851 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Hes an infiltration unit! He could probably print a birth certificate out of his arsehole.

And that's where all the knowing winks to the camera these films now seem to love come from.

Its a plot with no flaws.
  • Rodney 12 Jun 2019 09:25:55 3,865 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    No cyborg. You're the cyborg.
  • wuntyphyve 12 Jun 2019 09:35:09 12,250 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Zyrr wrote:
    Decks wrote:
    This. What an utterly miserable disaster of a film that was. Proper shite.
    Nah. It's not particularly brilliant but it's not as shite as it's made out to be. Compare it to The Predator or Alien Covenant and it shits all over those two pieces of utter pish from a great height.

Okay not a great height. A bit higher.

If Genisys was sitting on a high stool say, and The Predator and Covenant were playing with their toy trucks on the floor below. That kind of height.

Admittedly I didn't like it much at all when I saw it in the cinema but I remember catching it on telly last year and actually quite enjoying it.

If the leaks are true for this though... Hmmmm. Well I can't say I'm on board with that at all. But it may still be enjoyable.
  • nickthegun 12 Jun 2019 09:41:19 77,851 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Im not even convinced its the worst terminator movie. I absolutely *hate* T4.
  • SolidSCB 12 Jun 2019 09:42:57 11,126 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Yeah, Salvation was far and away the worst for me.
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 12 Jun 2019 09:44:17 19,802 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    You're both wrong. It's absolute 80's AIDS. I'd possibly even go as far to say it's worse than AVP Requiem. And that is not something I say lightly.
  • nickthegun 12 Jun 2019 09:49:08 77,851 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    I think this goes down to the critic vs audience thing.

Is T4 an objectively better movie? Maybe. But if I was forced to watch one of them, it would be Genisys 100% of the time because if nothing else, it isn't booooooooooooooriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing.
  • SolidSCB 12 Jun 2019 09:52:23 11,126 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    AVP Requiem?!

Come on now, let's not say things we can't take back later.

To be fair they should both probably be buried in the same piece of desert as all those copies of ET.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.