Terminator 6 from James Cameron and Tim Miller Page 12

• wuntyphyve 12 Jun 2019 10:02:54 12,250 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @nickthegun Exactly that. It's highly entertaining. Whilst I don't hate Salvation either it is incredibly po-faced to a fault.

Ah I'd forgotten all about Requiem. Until The Predator it was the film that featured the dumbest predator in history. Then came The Predator and it's "I come in piece. I bring technology to help you, look! But instead I'm going to kill all you cunts and run away lolz".
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 12 Jun 2019 10:02:59 19,802 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    The whole remaking of scenes in films I love only making them shit really annoyed me. In fact I'm getting angry even thinking about that shitty fucking film. I'm calling it. Worse than Requiem.

Edited by Decks at 10:03:26 12-06-2019
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 12 Jun 2019 10:09:08 19,802 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    It's essentially feels like someone screaming "REMEMBER THIS BIT REMEMBER THIS BIT" at you while Jai Courtney pisses on your face. It's actually ruined my morning thinking about it.
  • wuntyphyve 12 Jun 2019 10:11:11 12,250 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Requiem is still better than Prometheus, Covenant and The Predator though. Which is awkward. So I don't think the Terminator franchise has still reached the lows of the other 2 big sci fi action behemoths. I will maintain right up until the moment that I'm shit in the head by a t800 that even Dark Fate won't plumb the franchise into the likes of Prometheus or The Predator. I mean, it can't. Those films are the two worst films I've ever seen with my bare eyeballs.

Edited by wuntyphyve at 10:14:27 12-06-2019
  • wuntyphyve 12 Jun 2019 10:13:01 12,250 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Ah but in a film about time travel I don't think the revisiting of past scenes was shoehorned in for that nudge nudge purpose. The casting was, well, shite, I can't argue with that. I also now can't quite get Jai Courtney pissing on my face out my head.

It's so warm.

Edited by wuntyphyve at 10:13:47 12-06-2019
  • nickthegun 12 Jun 2019 10:13:48 77,851 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    T4 is just dreadful, though. They promised us the story of John Connors rise to become the saviour of mankind and all we got was Sam Fucking Worthington mooning over his girlfriend.

On the same note, I think I kind of prefer requiem over AvP. AvP is a completely beige action film. Requiem is D-Grade schlock that actually ends up being quite funny. The Predators shoot down their own ship, blow up an Oil Refinery, fail to predate anything, someone gets throated then a nuke goes off.
  • Zyrr 12 Jun 2019 10:13:49 376 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    To be fair, I've tried watching Requiem twice and have never actually made it to the end. I did actually finish Genisys, so that's something, I guess? :D
  • wuntyphyve 12 Jun 2019 10:15:42 12,250 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @nickthegun To be fair Sam Worthington was more watchable than Christian "Fuck off prick I'm serious fucking acting" Bale.
  • nickthegun 12 Jun 2019 10:17:02 77,851 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    HmmmmmmmmmmmmmnnnnnnnnnnmmmmmmmÖ.. I don't know about that.
  • wuntyphyve 12 Jun 2019 10:18:06 12,250 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Okay, lets call it a draw. They're both insufferable.

Michael fucking Ironside though.
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 12 Jun 2019 10:22:31 19,802 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    T4 is just dreadful, though. They promised us the story of John Connors rise to become the saviour of mankind and all we got was Sam Fucking Worthington mooning over his girlfriend.

On the same note, I think I kind of prefer requiem over AvP. AvP is a completely beige action film. Requiem is D-Grade schlock that actually ends up being quite funny. The Predators shoot down their own ship, blow up an Oil Refinery, fail to predate anything, someone gets throated then a nuke goes off.
    I totally agree that T4 is awful, but I'd still put it above Genisys. But then I'd put having a papercut on my peehole above Genisys. Also having to constantly check to make sure I'm spelling the stupid fucking word right has made me hate it even more.

And I've always been super gay for Predators so Requiem turning them into the chuckle brothers was just unforgiveable. That and the fact it's Dawsons Creek and you can't see a fucking thing that's happening at any point.
  • wuntyphyve 12 Jun 2019 10:26:14 12,250 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    There's more films with stupid Predators than there are with intelligent, highly skilled Predators. Which is a bit depressing.
  • nickthegun 12 Jun 2019 10:27:46 77,851 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    I did quite enjoy them being absolutely incompetent. I stand to be corrected, but I don't think they hit a single thing they aimed at in the entire movie.
  • AcidSnake 12 Jun 2019 10:48:18 8,137 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I would never put Requiem over Prometheus, Covenant or even The Predator though...Well...
    Possibly The Predator...

But Prometheus and Covenant at least look quite nice and hint at a universe where interesting things might one day happen...

Requiem was just...I struggle to think about anything that can redeem it...Unless we're talking about the "so bad it's good" thing...
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 12 Jun 2019 10:51:26 19,802 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Prometheus is kind of OK on its own merits, but still a, bit shit. Covenant however, is loathsome. Mainly because its existence makes the original a worse film.
  • Rodney 12 Jun 2019 11:06:56 3,865 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Covenant was doubly frustrating because Scott doubled own on the things that made Promotheus so shit which was almost like a fuck you to audience criticism of the first film.
  • wuntyphyve 12 Jun 2019 11:12:02 12,250 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Covenant actually started out quite good fun. I distinctly remember the exact moment the film absolutely shat its pants though. The appearance of David and his big floppy hair, right after the quite cool sequence in the long grass or whatever. Scott just blindfolded his film and pushed it right off a cliff at that point.

Edited by wuntyphyve at 11:12:30 12-06-2019
  • AcidSnake 12 Jun 2019 11:18:11 8,137 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Covenant had a strong opening and a nice ending. Then in the middle it had some great Fassbender effort that was just out of place and should be a separate movie...

The worst crime of all is that it used the Alien name. Prometheus could sort of be ignored and didn't touch the canon but this one explicitly went the alien route...

And all this because we needed to know where the space jockey came from?
  • Joyless_Man 12 Jun 2019 11:19:38 237 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 2 months ago
    I liked Covenant a lot more than Prometheus, though it has all the same problems.

The characters weren't quiet as stupid (though still thick) and the plot was mostly coherent.

It was just the shit way they shoved in the alien for almost no reason that killed it for me. The whole idea that the alien was created by humans (by proxy of david) is just wank and pisses on the original film. Removes the mystery and feels narcissistic.

They're both terribly written films. Shame as they look lovely and Fassbender is pretty great in both.

Edited by Joyless_Man at 11:21:50 12-06-2019
  • ChiefGB 12 Jun 2019 16:11:13 10,704 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I too liked covenant more than Prometheus. Prometheus has great art direction though, but I felt covenant was more of an alien film even though it continued some of the shit bits of pro. I donít know maybe Iím a heathen.
  • Joyless_Man 12 Jun 2019 16:30:26 237 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 2 months ago
    They're both shit but at least Covenant doesn't have one of JJ Abrams' cronies writing it with all that mystery box, LOST style rubbish (Alien queen mural, black goo does what?, Shaw's pregnancy, dumb fuck scientists, engineer motivations?, magic space map in cave, seeding DNA on earth...).

Covenant seemed to correct a lot of that gibberish but it was also pretty bland and boring. The new elements we have all seen in Prometheus (goo, david, engineers etc) and the Alien stuff has all been done to death.

But at least it kind of went from A to B to C in the story rather than all over the place.

Anyway, sad to hear this Terminator film could be plop. I thought Cameron having an eye on it and the Deadpool dude directing could be a winner. I hope the leaked script is bogus.

Edited by Joyless_Man at 16:31:27 12-06-2019
  • Load_2.0 12 Jun 2019 16:42:27 29,333 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Wtf is going on!

The order of T2 films is as follows.

Terminator
    T2
    Genisys
    Salvation
    T3 Rise of the Machines.
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 12 Jun 2019 16:44:35 19,802 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    They made it so the aliens were made by a camp Michael Fassbender robot as a science experiment. It robbed probably the greatest monster in the history of film of its mystique. And made one of the greatest films ever made notably worse by its existence. Its probably a better film than Prometheus but I fucking despise it for what it did to the franchise.
  • wuntyphyve 12 Jun 2019 16:48:59 12,250 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    For all the utter gut churning shite Prometheus was, it could have at least ended leading directly into Alien if they'd just made the planet they visited LV426. The fact he didn't even have the balls to follow THAT up and went off on a tangent with Covenant (again though, first part of the film is a tleast enjoyable) is utterly mental. Then still trying to tie it in to Alien with another proposed film? Well yes Ridley, but it's like writing a three part prologue to War and Peace in crayon whilst pished.
  • wuntyphyve 12 Jun 2019 16:52:47 12,250 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Decks wrote:
    And made one of the greatest films ever made notably worse by its existence.
    I saw Alien in the cinema a month or so ago and I can happily say Ridley's gash prequels didn't enter my mind once. So it is possible to view it in isolation.
  • BinaryBob101 12 Jun 2019 17:43:12 26,821 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Once, "I'll do the fingering" sits in the mind a while, it never goes away.
  • nickthegun 12 Jun 2019 17:49:21 77,851 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    I think covenant is so bad, it actually makes Prometheus look better in comparison.

The fact that Scott not only didn't listen to any criticisms of the first one but actually doubled down on it is amazing.
  • Fake_Blood 12 Jun 2019 17:55:10 9,503 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    The reason we got the aliens is because the lady from prometheus put the robot back together all wrong and it started to flip out. Itís almost as bad as not knowing what direction to run in to get out of the way of a massive rolling object.
  • JoeBlade 12 Jun 2019 18:05:46 4,372 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Is this the manifestation of a new variant of Godwin's Law?

I.e.: as a discussion on the internet about films grows longer, the likelihood of comparisons to Prometheus or Alien: Covenant increases.
  • nickthegun 12 Jun 2019 18:18:06 77,851 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Ok... nobody mention you know what and how it's underrated

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.