Terminator 6 from James Cameron and Tim Miller Page 13

Next Last
  • The-Bodybuilder 12 Jun 2019 18:21:05 17,745 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    JoeBlade wrote:
    Could still be all the leaked material is deliberately nonsense and deliberately spread to put us on the wrong foot, studios have been doing that for years now. It's rather suspicious it popped up so shortly after the trailer (which happens to be the only official material of any substance so far)

One can hope.
    The sad thing that in the vast majority of cases, the early leaks turn out to be true.
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 12 Jun 2019 18:22:15 20,087 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    DAHHHH HAS ANYBODY SEEN THE ASSEMBLY CUTł
  • The-Bodybuilder 12 Jun 2019 18:22:43 17,745 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Load_2.0 wrote:
    What.

It's early but if this is an EG in-joke I have missed it.

Surely this is all an orchestrated effort to create buzz or hype?

That all sounds to absurd to be true.
    Sadly so. Apparently Carl goes to live its life in piece, because apparently self-termination isn't a thing anymore, and in doing so develops a conscience which allows it to feel guilt for what it did and thus sends Sarah co-ordinates of other terminators.
  • The-Bodybuilder 12 Jun 2019 18:30:44 17,745 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Just read the script again. There must be some kind of madness over at Hollywood.

How could Cameron spend decades hating on Alien 3 (for the same reasons I hated it), for killing off Hicks and Newt right at the beginning, because it destroys the motivation for his Aliens movie, years and years moaning about it, then in the end only go and kill John Connor in the first 3 minutes of the movie?
  • nickthegun 12 Jun 2019 19:17:27 78,075 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Bing!
  • Zyrr 12 Jun 2019 19:25:08 382 posts
    Seen 50 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Maybe James Cameron has contracted the same brain worms as Ridley Scott?

Edit: I feel George Lucas also needs adding to this list.

Edited by Zyrr at 19:28:06 12-06-2019
  • d_h1234 12 Jun 2019 19:29:02 144 posts
    Seen 59 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The-Bodybuilder wrote:
    How could Cameron spend decades hating on Alien 3 (for the same reasons I hated it), for killing off Hicks and Newt right at the beginning, because it destroys the motivation for his Aliens movie, years and years moaning about it, then...
    Maybe he sees them more as 'his' characters, so he can do whatever he wants. If another director/writer does it though, I guess he took umbrage.

Edited by d_h1234 at 19:32:11 12-06-2019
  • The-Bodybuilder 12 Jun 2019 22:18:47 17,745 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    d_h1234 wrote:
    The-Bodybuilder wrote:
    How could Cameron spend decades hating on Alien 3 (for the same reasons I hated it), for killing off Hicks and Newt right at the beginning, because it destroys the motivation for his Aliens movie, years and years moaning about it, then...
    Maybe he sees them more as 'his' characters, so he can do whatever he wants. If another director/writer does it though, I guess he took umbrage.
    His reasons were rightfully not because they were his characters, but by killing Hicks and Newt so cheapily, it undermines the biggest motivation of Alien; which is Ridley taking on the motherly role to overcome all odds to save Newt. It's like a movie watching Forest Gump, or I dunno, 12 Years A Slave, and in the end after coming through the hardship, gets run over by a horse.
    It's why I also hated Alien 3 (even though it's quite watchable), as Aliens is one of my fav movies ever, and for a while I struggled to watch Aliens as Alien 3's cheap kill was such a gutpunch to me, as I was deeply connected to the narrative or Ripley and Newt.
  • adamasunder12 12 Jun 2019 22:34:05 321 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 2 months ago
    I thought killing them off in 3 so early gave it such a heavy fatalistic tone (even before I knew the words to explain the feeling) that I really enjoyed it. Seemed fitting for a franchise with a monster so perfect for fucking people up. I just wish Fincher got to make the film he wanted to make.

As for Prom/Cov I will never understand prequels to horror films. Well prequels in general really but the whole point of horror creatures is that you don't understand them or can relate. As soon as you start explaining the genesis or motivations then the power is diminished and you don't have a horror franchise anymore. Also, and this is for prequels in general: if the story before the original was that compelling it would have been the starting point of the lore.

As for Terminator, Salvation was the last I saw. It was finally going to be the future war. All I remember about it was some scuffle in a junk yard with some kids at day. Been done with it ever since.

Edited by adamasunder12 at 22:38:20 12-06-2019
  • Next Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.