Terminator 6 from James Cameron and Tim Miller Page 3

  • DUFFMAN5 2 Aug 2018 15:21:35 23,930 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    I know people love the 2nd but for me the first is the Business. I like 2 and have found something to like in the others, but the original is my total fav.
  • nickthegun 2 Aug 2018 15:26:04 76,188 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Jyzzy-Z wrote:
    I'm not usually a fan of the idea of wiping other films from continuity but who gives a shiny shit about T3 onwards.

    I suppose they could coexist in a Star Trek (2009) way a decent film.
    it's not like star trek where it's well loved enough for the studio to tie itself in knots trying to satisfy the fans.

    I suspect if they focus grouped it, most people would say 'purge them from existence'.

    I suspect they won't even be commented on.

    In fact.... It wouldn't be the worst thing for them to go in a Mad Max kind of direction and just have skynet, the terminator and a Connor as anchor points and just have at it every now and again. Drop all pretence of continuity and just make a terminator movie every now and again. They are more or less doing it anyway, so they could just focus on making them not shit.

    Edited by nickthegun at 15:27:28 02-08-2018
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 2 Aug 2018 15:28:05 17,473 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Is Harnold in it?
  • the_milkybar_kid 2 Aug 2018 15:28:32 7,816 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Looks very sassy. I hope it has vagina jokes. Certainly worked for Ghostbusters.

    Edited by the_milkybar_kid at 15:28:53 02-08-2018
  • Tomo 2 Aug 2018 15:29:09 16,241 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    That's the /first/ promotional image... 0_0

    Really starting the bar low. Only up from here I guess.
  • Jyzzy-Z 2 Aug 2018 15:31:20 3,725 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @nickthegun That's a good point. I just remember an interview with Cameron where he said something like 'alternate timelines are permissible in our multiverse'. But yeah, I don't care. The last film made a complete mess of an already convoluted canon. It made absolutely no sense, the writing was below abysmal.

    I think I've said it before but I would be in favour of a complete remake of T1. I think there's something about 2 humans running from a killer robot, rather than 2 terminators going at it. Just makes it more tense. At this point the story is so messy they should either do that, or hopefully this film is good and acts as the 'real' Terminator 3.
  • Jyzzy-Z 2 Aug 2018 15:33:15 3,725 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Decks wrote:
    Is Harnold in it?
    He is. Will be bad guy Terminator again, calling it.

    I suppose he was in Salvation, but that was about 2 minutes and he looked like he had been stung by 30 bees in the face, such was the awful CGI.

    Edited by Jyzzy-Z at 15:34:06 02-08-2018
  • KnuttinAtoll 2 Aug 2018 15:33:33 6,509 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    DUFFMAN5 wrote:
    I know people love the 2nd but for me the first is the Business. I like 2 and have found something to like in the others, but the original is my total fav.
    2 is my favourite but then it's the first I watched (in the cinema back then, twice). Even just the pop culture references are worth it alone - bringing back fond memories of playing the exact same Afterburner arcade cabin, watching the Guns'n Roses video on MTV countless times in anticipation and so on.

    The 1st did do the feeling of dread better though - the T1000 wasn't quite as intimidating as Arnie in the second.

    Also, I don't really think every great move/sequel should be made into a franchise. I'd chuck the post T2 sequels into the same trash bin as the Matrix sequels and Star Wars prequels. T3 was already poor, some the rest even worse (I'm not even sure if I saw all of them and hardly remember any). Maybe better to sort of copy the idea, add a twist and then you have a bit more creative freedom as a writer/director (doesn't have to be *the* Terminator necessarily - this is Arnie for me and he's getting too old for this sh*t so best to let it go).

    Edited by KnuttinAtoll at 15:35:57 02-08-2018
  • brokenkey 2 Aug 2018 15:38:12 10,058 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    So, that's a transitioned John Connor? Very good, very "now".
  • Deleted user 2 August 2018 15:46:44
    Christ that one shot looks bad...

    They can't really kill the franchise any more than they already have though, so bring it on I guess? Cameron being onboard means nothing, he called Genisys the best one since T2. He obviously doesn't care about having his name attached to shit.
  • Derblington 2 Aug 2018 15:47:12 31,229 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    With the talent involved it has the best chance of all the movies post 2 of being good.
    Fingers crossed.
  • Jyzzy-Z 2 Aug 2018 15:49:02 3,725 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    GarlVinland wrote:
    Christ that one shot looks bad...

    They can't really kill the franchise any more than they already have though, so bring it on I guess? Cameron being onboard means nothing, he called Genisys the best one since T2. He obviously doesn't care about having his name attached to shit.
    He does because the copyright reverts back to him next year, so it's in his best interest.

    He's said that he supported all the post T2 movies because he was friends with Arnold and didn't want to shit on it. He's recently said he didn't like any of them. Which is fair enough really IMO.
  • Your-Mother 2 Aug 2018 15:51:30 2,295 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    Jyzzy-Z wrote:
    I'm not usually a fan of the idea of wiping other films from continuity but who gives a shiny shit about T3 onwards.

    I suppose they could coexist in a Star Trek (2009) way a decent film.
    it's not like star trek where it's well loved enough for the studio to tie itself in knots trying to satisfy the fans.

    I suspect if they focus grouped it, most people would say 'purge them from existence'.

    I suspect they won't even be commented on.

    In fact.... It wouldn't be the worst thing for them to go in a Mad Max kind of direction and just have skynet, the terminator and a Connor as anchor points and just have at it every now and again. Drop all pretence of continuity and just make a terminator movie every now and again. They are more or less doing it anyway, so they could just focus on making them not shit.
    Didn't Genisys already erase everything post-T2 from existence anyway? It definitely pretended like Salvation didn't exist.

    I mean, you could technically argue it erased everything, including T1, but still.
  • Deleted user 2 August 2018 15:57:25
    Ah didn't know he said he didn't like any of them. I still recall when he was saying Genisys reinvigorated the franchise and called it the first one post-T2 that he liked or something. To be fair, shit as it was I still went to see it.
  • nickthegun 2 Aug 2018 15:57:31 76,188 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Man, I watched it but I couldn't tell you anything about the plot other than skynet was mobiles and you can wish through time.
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 2 Aug 2018 16:01:16 17,473 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I've tried to watch it a couple of times now but have yet to make it all the way through. Worst one yet for me.
  • Jyzzy-Z 2 Aug 2018 16:01:48 3,725 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    It was absolutely awful. Arnie was pretty great in it though.

    Would be cool if they could get Edward Furlong off the chang and in the gym for a few months for a cameo and maybe a role in the next one. Though he has had a very troubled life since T2 by the look of it.
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 2 Aug 2018 16:03:05 17,473 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    He looks like a bloated corpse now.
  • mrpon 2 Aug 2018 16:08:33 34,928 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Getting a Weekend at Bernies vibe from Linda there.
  • Jyzzy-Z 2 Aug 2018 16:09:05 3,725 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    That could be the story. He's washed up, couldn't handle the responsibility. Then there's a Rocky IV style montage and via a CGI and body double, he's ripped.
  • Deleted user 2 August 2018 16:09:05
    Decks wrote:
    I've tried to watch it a couple of times now but have yet to make it all the way through. Worst one yet for me.
    I can't even start it. Seems like a total waste of my time.
  • Jyzzy-Z 2 Aug 2018 16:09:53 3,725 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Wade_Garrett wrote:
    Decks wrote:
    I've tried to watch it a couple of times now but have yet to make it all the way through. Worst one yet for me.
    I can't even start it. Seems like a total waste of my time.
    It's worth watching if you're a fan of the series. Just to see how awful it is. Plus it will make you appreciate the new film, even if it's only half decent it'll be a big improvement.
  • KnuttinAtoll 2 Aug 2018 16:22:43 6,509 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Actually Genisys is the one I haven't watched yet - kinda forgot it happened. Might catch it on Netflix when/if it's on.
  • Deleted user 2 August 2018 16:24:06
    @Jyzzy-Z

    Does it follow on from the Sam Worthington one or does it disregard all that?

    I might make a painful night of it and watch Alien Covenant as well.
  • Your-Mother 2 Aug 2018 16:25:11 2,295 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I actually kind of liked Genisys. Fully aware its absolute balls and filled with horrible miscasting and completely stupid plot points, but it has this weird undercurrent where it's consciously aware that it's a big pile of shit and just rolls with it. T3 and Salvation felt ridiculously po-faced for what are stupid robot action movies. It's basically the Terminator sequel I would have come up with when I was 12.
  • Jyzzy-Z 2 Aug 2018 16:27:40 3,725 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Wade_Garrett wrote:
    @Jyzzy-Z

    Does it follow on from the Sam Worthington one or does it disregard all that?

    I might make a painful night of it and watch Alien Covenant as well.
    Neither really. It makes absolutely zero sense. All of the time travel elements are, even for Terminator standards, completely stupid.
  • fontgeeksogood 2 Aug 2018 16:27:54 4,282 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 months ago
    mrpon wrote:
    Getting a Weekend at Bernies vibe from Linda there.
    She looks like the hideous cunt wife from the Discovery 'reality' TV show about the family of cunt arms dealers in Colorado
  • Your-Mother 2 Aug 2018 16:27:55 2,295 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Wade_Garrett wrote:
    Does it follow on from the Sam Worthington one or does it disregard all that?
    Completely ignores it.
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 2 Aug 2018 16:31:39 17,473 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Genesys felt like reading a short story written by Vizzini.
  • neilka 2 Aug 2018 16:32:45 22,269 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Terminator?!

    More like HERMINATOR!!
Log in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.