The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild Page 246

• the_milkybar_kid 20 Jul 2018 11:18:30 7,822 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Hmm. I've gone through a number of enemies with the Master Sword now after completing it and it's not shown any signs of breaking yet.
  • cowell 20 Jul 2018 12:05:25 1,653 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Master Sword never breaks, but runs out of charge and is unusable for a time
  • foldingtractor 20 Jul 2018 17:23:00 7 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 6 months ago
    And at that, it breaks kinda fast. I usually only go through 3-4 enemies before it's energy is turning low. The hylian shield on the other hand, that thing is near indestructible. Haven't had to remake it in either my casual or master mode playthrough.
  • Deleted user 20 July 2018 18:14:31
    Hylian Shield breaks pretty quick against high level Lynels.
  • robc84 21 Aug 2018 09:40:12 13,036 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Started playing this again recently. I thought I'd struggle to get back into it but I've had no issues and just picked up where I left off. I'm about to do my third divine beast (death mountain) and have two more memories to find.

Not sure whether I'll bother doing all of the shrine and side quests. I think I've done 61 shrines so far, have about 15 heart containers and two full stamina wheels. Is that likely to be sufficient for the end game? I'll probably find a few more shrines on my travels anyway, just not sure whether I can be bothered to search out all of them.
  • quadfather 21 Aug 2018 09:43:40 33,578 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @robc84

Probably be fine with that setup. Got any ancient armour and/or weapons? They help.

You can buy or find them. The harder fight shrines drop a fair bit.

Depends if you want to finish it off, or whether you want to just have it active and potter with it over time getting everything.

Admittedly, I could not be arsed with all the korok seeds after I'd sorted my inventory spaces out.

Cracking game to have in the background though for a run through now and again. It'll be getting close soon for me to pick it up again at some point.
  • robc84 21 Aug 2018 09:47:42 13,036 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @quadfather

I've got some ancient weapons, but they take a lot of materials and tend to break fairly quickly when taking on guardians. I think I'll save my materials for the armour which at least is permanent.

You're probably right that its a great game to have in the background as its just fun to play, but I want to sell my wii u when I'm done with it. I am intending on getting a switch soon though so I could always buy it again :)
  • quadfather 21 Aug 2018 09:49:46 33,578 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @robc84

Haha, which is exactly what I did, except I didn't even sell my Wii U :) Great minds and all that \o/
  • robc84 21 Aug 2018 09:53:38 13,036 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Heh, to be honest before this game I always considered my wii u a waste of money as I barely played it. I think the only game I put any time into was Mario Kart.

This game has been incredible though and has given me some value for money out of my console :)
  • quadfather 21 Aug 2018 09:55:13 33,578 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yeah, you might as well class it as a Zelda botw console :)

It's a shame about the Wii U - apart from Bayonetta (which I now play on the switch), and Zombi U (which, lets face it, wasn't the best horror game), I only dabbled with it too, but as you say, got a decent chunk of use with Zelda at least.
  • robc84 21 Aug 2018 10:13:50 13,036 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I started playing Zombi U but couldn't really get on with it.

Zelda has been great though. If I can't get a decent price for selling the console, I may just keep it for BotW like you suggest :)
  • robc84 1 Sep 2018 17:47:27 13,036 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Been messing around exploring and looking for shrines. Nearing the end of the game and still nowhere near being able to beat a lynel. Those fuckers are seriously tough.

Really hooked on this again now though. It's such a great game just to explore and mess around in.
  • MrFlay 24 Nov 2018 12:19:56 3,890 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Anyone else get the Creating a Champion Zelda book? It's a detailed look at the development of the game. Lots of art and developer's notes.
  • StixxUK 24 Nov 2018 15:45:05 8,081 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Noted that the DLC is reduced for Black Friday. Still not exactly cheap, but maybe cheap enough to try it out...

Mainly just want the bike and the map tracker thingy.
  • MrFlay 24 Nov 2018 16:22:01 3,890 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The game is Ä50 now. Nintendo's idea of a discount. I want to convert my physical games to digital but it will be 2025 before that makes sense.
  • YYDeckard 24 Nov 2018 16:47:39 194 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    BOTW is 33 quid on the SA store - funny enough I sold my cart on ebay for 31 and downloaded this a few days ago.
  • Theticket 24 Nov 2018 17:30:26 89 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @YYDeckard Good deal! How did you manage to use the SA store? I've used the US store before by buying a US points card online, but no idea where you can buy SA currency.
  • StixxUK 24 Nov 2018 18:16:08 8,081 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    @Theticket You don't have to do any of that, just go to the Nintendo website, change your region and log in on your Switch... prices should all be in the currency you changed to and you can make purchases (your bank should handle the conversion so maybe check how much they charge for foreign transactions).
  • YYDeckard 24 Nov 2018 22:29:13 194 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    He's absolutely right as for some reason SA is seen by N as part of Europe so its zero issue to use that store - so easy and save a fortune. I also have a US and Jap account too for those games that dont make it this far...

Edited by YYDeckard at 22:29:52 24-11-2018
  • Kay 25 Nov 2018 00:55:14 19,818 posts
    Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    That SA version probably won't be compatible with the save file from the UK version, though.
  • richardiox 25 Nov 2018 01:06:07 7,495 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Kay wrote:
    That SA version probably won't be compatible with the save file from the UK version, though.
    I think you'll just downloaded the version for your region even if you've brought the key from a foreign store.

At least I hope that's the case as I just got Odyssey and Zelda for £60 and hopefully to get 55 back through eBay selling my carts
  • richardiox 25 Nov 2018 09:18:55 7,495 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Kay wrote:
    Just to confirm, game saves DO transfer over fine, thankfully.
  • YYDeckard 25 Nov 2018 10:18:19 194 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Zelda and Dead Cells are both over 200 hours for me now :)
  • robc84 5 Dec 2018 09:43:04 13,036 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    So back on this after another prolonged break. Need to get it finished ASAP so I can sell my Wii U before Xmas to make way for the Switch that I got "for my son" :)

Think I'm close to the end. I've explored most of the map, but not found all shrines or done all the shrine and side quests. I'd be on it forever if I tried to do that. I'm on my final divine beast (Vah Naboris) and have two more memories to find. I assume it's then on to the end game?

I remember why I took a break though, it was that bloody stealth section in the Yiga hideout. Wasn't actually that hard in the end, but I'm generally rubbish at stealth. Though the reaction of the enemies to the bananas is amusing, as is the cut scene after the boss fight. :)

It's a really great game but I'm ready for the end now!
  • Salaman 5 Dec 2018 10:47:32 23,391 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I think I have 2 or 3 memories left and I have all 4 beasts done. I feel disinclined to go to the castle and fight Ganon. There's still so much to explore and do.

The only problem is I've been playing binding of Isaac mostly so I never get around to Zelda.
  • robc84 5 Dec 2018 11:02:16 13,036 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I realised during my last little flurry of Zelda playtime that there were whole areas of the map I hadn't even been near. So I explored and found a whole load of shrines. The ice mountain region was a bit of a chore, but otherwise it was an enjoyable way to wind down. I feel I'm done with that though now and ready to push on to the finale!

It really is an impressive open world they have created.

Edited by robc84 at 11:02:26 05-12-2018
  • whatthefu 5 Dec 2018 16:44:47 1,151 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I wondered around the South east of the map, rainforest sort of location. I thought there would be shrines, there were about 3 I found.
    I only did about 70 shrines but I loved them, and exploring that huge world was lots of fun.
  • cowell 5 Dec 2018 16:50:21 1,653 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Repeating myself but while core of DLC1 is a bit weak, the Hero's Path feature that it adds to the map is a godsend. Show's you exactly where you've been in so far, so you can see which areas you've never touched.
  • robc84 13 Dec 2018 20:35:51 13,036 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Iíve tamed all Devine beasts and got all the memories. Think I have around 80 shrines and a similar number of korok seeds. Ready for the end game now, but iím struggling to find the motivation to take on the castle as I still seriously suck at fighting guardians and have never even got close to taking down a lynel (iím guessing these are the things iíll be facing).

I know I can get up near the top easily using Zora armour as I used that method to get the last memory in Zeldaís study. Hopefully I can cut a chunk out by going in that way.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.