The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild Page 251

Next Last
  • Mola_Ram 11 Aug 2020 11:01:54 24,589 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I think if I could repair stuff, I'd end up using the same stuff for the entire game. And I like that the game basically forces you to mix it up, even though I can definitely understand why others might find that frustrating.
  • waggy79 11 Aug 2020 11:04:29 2,326 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    With most open worlders you get stronger as you progress. With this I never felt over powered even after getting the best gear, partly due to that mechanic. Whether that's a good or bad thing is personal preference I guess.
  • Rum_Monkey 11 Aug 2020 11:37:41 1,457 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 9 months ago
    But getting the beat gear is annoying because you know you will lose it. I end up holding onto it and just using boko clubs and spears over and over.
  • PazJohnMitch 11 Aug 2020 11:41:57 16,246 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    There are some good weapons that appear in the world and can be picked up multiple times. Think there is one in Zelda’s room in the castle and the castle armoury is also full of high tier weapons.
  • Mola_Ram 11 Aug 2020 11:53:58 24,589 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    There aren't any unique weapons aside from the Master Sword, so there's no real reason to hang onto or hoard anything.
  • PazJohnMitch 11 Aug 2020 12:13:29 16,246 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Can you reforge the Zora spears?
  • Mola_Ram 11 Aug 2020 12:25:47 24,589 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'm pretty sure you can. Might need some special materials for it or something.
  • ghearoid 11 Aug 2020 12:51:23 3,626 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    You can reforge all the champion weapons. Also, weapons found in the wild respawn after a blood moon so you can go back and pick up that great frostblade etc. Plus, you can redo the shrines so you can get the ancient weapons and shields over and over in the tests of strength against the guardians.

That said, I've never minded the weapons breaking. I just use what I have and improvise. I'll crush a moblin with a metal box if I have to.
  • Pipedream 11 Aug 2020 18:14:34 563 posts
    Seen 5 seconds ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I always enjoyed the mechanic as it made me change weapons depending on what I was fighting.

BotW is the only open world game that I've played through multiple times.
  • Tonka 12 Aug 2020 10:45:24 31,182 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    I just started playing this two days ago. Some idle observations

I suck at bore hunting
    I'm quite crap at fighting
    The world has been a delight to explore so far
    The way they've built in features to encourage learning is truly inspiring (e.g., when you exit one of the early shrines, there's always something right in front of you where you can use your new power)
    The fetch quest for the warm shirt is a dud for noon English speakers. Both my kids had no idea you could get clothes to help you walk in the snow that early in the game. They just brought Aton of food.
    It feels very Zelda despite being radically different from any other Zelda game I've played
    I'm sorry if losing interest now that I'm off the Plateau
  • quadfather 12 Aug 2020 13:10:40 37,031 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I still haven't done all the master trials. Managed the first one by being very patient and taking my time, but the dread of losing all your progress really took a toll. I got the master sword up to 40 damage with the first one, but I really want to do the other 2 to get it to 60.

But some of the rooms - ah man. Flying around in a room with no floor, hardly any weapons and having to pin point some arrows to drop a bomb on a guardians head in mid air, all the while knowing that if you fuck it up then it's back to the start again, just fills me with dread!
  • Next Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.