Destiny 2 - read first post for clan info Page 122

• Phattso 6 Jun 2018 10:24:54 23,891 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    ozthegweat wrote:
    StarchildHypocrethes wrote:
    I'm not sure how selling something cheaper many months down the line is considered "giving the finger" to people that bought it much earlier. That's basic retail.
    True. I've also never heard gamers complain when they get to buy year-old games for a few quid.
    I'm not certain if you guys are talking about my post? Nobody in the thread - myself included - is suggesting that it's a bad or strange thing. I do lament the timing though, I'd have skipped the Humble Bundle and just bought the £33 all-in package that's available now. Instead I'm left fuming - FUMING - at the waste of six quid. That's almost a pint in Central London that is!
  • StarchildHypocrethes 6 Jun 2018 10:28:17 31,857 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    ChiefGB wrote:
    Like when taken king came out and they gave the finger to all the loyal fans by giving new players everything for a fiver more than ttk expansion price.

And then they did the same to all those players as well as the loyal original players by pulling exactly the same trick with rise of iron.
    It was more aimed at this.

If you buy stuff as soon as it releases it will generally be more expensive than it will be for people that buy the same thing months later. Crazy I know.
  • Phattso 6 Jun 2018 10:34:36 23,891 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Ah. It was a bit different the first time around though because I don't think everyone had 100% cottoned on that Bungie were basically running Destiny like an MMO and needed a pricing structure that matched that. Rolling all of the D1Y1 content into the sequel for a fiver did raise more than a few eyebrows at the time.

This time around there are no such surprises.
  • WhoIsJohnGalt 6 Jun 2018 10:34:44 142 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    So what i really want to know is when will they support moving the account to another platform?
    i've played exclusively on xbox but now have a gaming PC and want to play on there, but cannot be bothered replaying eeeverything and grinding back up to 360+
  • breakablepants 6 Jun 2018 10:52:55 909 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Phattso wrote:
    Ah! I hadn’t fully cottoned-on to the debuff. I *thought* the Lost Sectors were harder than usual!!!
    I totally didn't get that either - I didn't really find any enemies harder (aside from the yellow 'boss' to open the chest) - the main thing was the non-regenerating health, which made it into a challenge.

I didn't notice any particular difference between the lost sector with 3x or 5x renown points.

I didn't find that completing heroic events gave 3 Renown points - I thought I was getting 2 from each, regardless of whether they were Heroic (and they usually are). Dying in any situation knocks 1 renown point off.

Played for about an hour and a half, probably did 10 public events and both Lost Sector milestones, that got me about 120 tokens and got me to rank 6. So if you really put the hours in you can get to 50 in a week.

Overall I liked it, but agree it was terribly explained (can Bungie actually explain anything well? Do none of them has the ability to write things in plain English?)

Let's see what variation in tasks they can throw in over the week. If all it is is "do X task with X Renown" then it'll be a wasted opportunity. But I fully expect it to be exactly that.

I'm finally finding that D2 has enough going on to keep me busy for the full week. It is a good thing.
  • Phattso 6 Jun 2018 10:56:30 23,891 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I was definitely getting 3 renown for Heroic events. My 'rounds' for this became: Heroic public event (+3), hope to catch a High Value Target on my way (+1), and then bang out a Patrol (+1) then head to the nearest Lost Sector. Got two or three levels (and some decent drops!) in under an hour of light play.

Nice to have another activity for sure. Shame it doesn't lead to Powerful Gear.

Also - after only finding out about Catalysts on the last page - one randomly dropped off a yellow bar mob for my D.A.R.C.I. exotic sniper rifle. :)
  • GarlVinland 6 Jun 2018 10:58:55 3,670 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    ozthegweat wrote:
    I think they miscommunicated the 30$ annual pass. They should have waited to announce it until 1 or 2 months after Forsaken releases. Now the conversation is "70$ for DLC?" and "DLC for a DLC?" It also doesn't help that they were very vague what the three content drops are going to be, they only said that they are not like DLCs 1 and 2.
    Very poorly communicated. I was hyped until I saw that this £35 expansion has a £25 annual pass. Pretty foolish considering their reputation.

Liked the look of it though. They even added Dark Souls style invasions! They glow red and everything.

Really enjoyed the Faction Rally so far, even though I'm resigned to not getting the Graviton catalyst. The fastest farm seems to be a Heroic PE, a patrol, and then bank that Renown with a Lost Sector. I ended last night on Level 6, and with only 4 days free this week that level 50 is way out of sight. Hope someone finds an exploit. :)
  • breakablepants 6 Jun 2018 10:59:59 909 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    ozthegweat wrote:
    I think they miscommunicated the 30$ annual pass. They should have waited to announce it until 1 or 2 months after Forsaken releases. Now the conversation is "70$ for DLC?" and "DLC for a DLC?" It also doesn't help that they were very vague what the three content drops are going to be, they only said that they are not like DLCs 1 and 2.
    I really think that games like Destiny, Fifia, COD etc should bin the whole game + DLC model and sell the games as an annual subscription option via PSN, Steam or XBL. That way you get rid of all the issues around making activities compatible across different levels of DLC, everyone has the same RRP, and for the game companies have certainty around the player base and revenues.

It's really no different to the approach of F2P games, except you don't need the shitty psychological tricks to get people to spend money.
  • ozthegweat 6 Jun 2018 11:03:39 2,061 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Phattso My comments about prices were also not directed at you.

@breakablepants I got to level 7.75 yesterday after about 2 hours or so, after I'm done with all the milestones on all three characters I doubt I'll have a lot left to grind to get to 50.
  • breakablepants 6 Jun 2018 11:04:39 909 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    GarlVinland wrote:
    ozthegweat wrote:
    Very poorly communicated. I was hyped until I saw that this £35 expansion has a £25 annual pass. Pretty foolish considering their reputation.

Liked the look of it though. They even added Dark Souls style invasions! They glow red and everything.

Really enjoyed the Faction Rally so far, even though I'm resigned to not getting the Graviton catalyst. The fastest farm seems to be a Heroic PE, a patrol, and then bank that Renown with a Lost Sector. I ended last night on Level 6, and with only 4 days free this week that level 50 is way out of sight. Hope someone finds an exploit. :)
    didn't someone in the thread say that your faction ranking won't reset at the end of he week? Kind of crazy if you are expected to put 14 hours of play in within a week...
  • breakablepants 6 Jun 2018 11:06:23 909 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    ozthegweat wrote:

@breakablepants I got to level 7.75 yesterday after about 2 hours or so, after I'm done with all the milestones on all three characters I doubt I'll have a lot left to grind to get to 50.
    Good call - didn't think about using my alt character, but you are right, the faction counts per account rather than per character. Still means some serious game time to hit 50 in a week tho - sadly, job and family restrict gaming time ;-)
  • GarlVinland 6 Jun 2018 11:17:10 3,670 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @breakablepants oh definitely, I should be able to finish it off by rally 3. Just means the Sunshot and SB catalysts will be locked out until they give us another way to unlock them, probably after the expansion is out. No biggie, but I do think they should still let you earn and turn in tokens outside of rally week, just at a drastically reduced rate. This is the one week in the past month I've had to travel. :)

Also, tip for everyone. Wearing a full set of faction gear for the one you're repping gives you extra Renown. So obviously I dismantled my Dead Orbit gear last week. :redface:
  • Malek86 6 Jun 2018 11:18:42 7,507 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Yeah, your faction ranking won't reset after the week is over.

That said, there's no guarantee that the same rewards will be offered in the next rally too... I hope a Bungie is sensible enough to know that people won't grind 50 ranks in a weekend, but who knows.

Edited by Malek86 at 11:20:03 06-06-2018
  • ozthegweat 6 Jun 2018 11:18:51 2,061 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    breakablepants wrote:
    didn't someone in the thread say that your faction ranking won't reset at the end of he week?
    True:

• Players may now only pledge to one faction per account during a Faction Rallies event
    • Reputation progress is retained through multiple events, and it will not be reset during the season, even if a player changes allegiance
    • Each faction offers unique rewards, such as Exotic armor ornaments or Masterwork Catalysts for Exotic weapons
    • We are planning to host three Faction Rallies events over the course of Season 3

• Dead Orbit will offer the Eye of Another World ornament and the Graviton Lance Catalyst
    • New Monarchy will offer the Crest of Alpha Lupi ornament and the Sweet Business Catalyst
    • Future War Cult will offer the Knucklehead Radar ornament and the Sunshot Catalyst

• Each faction now features ranks, which players can reach by earning faction tokens
    • Faction rank-up rewards will continue to grant Legendary armor and weapons past Rank 30
  • ozthegweat 6 Jun 2018 11:20:28 2,061 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    GarlVinland wrote:
    Also, tip for everyone. Wearing a full set of faction gear for the one you're repping gives you extra Renown. So obviously I dismantled my Dead Orbit gear last week. :redface:
    Also also, gaining renown when wearing a full set unlocks the ornament on some of the pieces.
  • Malek86 6 Jun 2018 11:22:25 7,507 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Stuff to doooooo.

This is actually pretty nice. If only I had more time to play. Well, but I will, come the summer.

I joined FWC again, just because I don't care about any of the catalysts or ornaments on offer this time, but I'm pretty sure Dead Orbit will win. Oh well.
  • ozthegweat 6 Jun 2018 11:38:28 2,061 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    breakablepants wrote:
    ozthegweat wrote:

Good call - didn't think about using my alt character, but you are right, the faction counts per account rather than per character. Still means some serious game time to hit 50 in a week tho - sadly, job and family restrict gaming time ;-)
    Faction tokens also drop in the Nightfall (*hint hint* ;-) )

Edited by ozthegweat at 11:38:44 06-06-2018
  • GarlVinland 6 Jun 2018 11:45:13 3,670 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    You get faction tokens from PvP too. 5 for a win and 2 for a loss.

Mayhem (supers recharge in 10 seconds, heavy ammo pretty much always available) is a featured PvP mode this week, matches are capped at 8 mins but usually finish before that. It's mad and a nice break from the PE - patrol - Lost Sector cycle but unfortunately only 2 tokens for a loss means it can't be relied upon for farming.

Also, the masterworked Polaris Lance is an absolute monster.
  • breakablepants 6 Jun 2018 12:02:35 909 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @ozthegweat hahaha hint taken - not 100% sure I can get on tonight, but I usually play about 10pm if that works for you?
  • ozthegweat 6 Jun 2018 12:07:37 2,061 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @breakablepants Bit late for me (I'm GMT+1). Weekends usually work best for me... we'll see, no worries.
  • breakablepants 6 Jun 2018 12:18:42 909 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @ozthegweat sure, I can sometimes be on earlier, but tonight I can't predict. Normally on reset day I am on from about 8.30pm tho, so perfect for some regular nightfall action ;-)
  • ChiefGB 6 Jun 2018 13:41:08 9,425 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    StarchildHypocrethes wrote:
    ChiefGB wrote:
    Like when taken king came out and they gave the finger to all the loyal fans by giving new players everything for a fiver more than ttk expansion price.

And then they did the same to all those players as well as the loyal original players by pulling exactly the same trick with rise of iron.
    It was more aimed at this.

If you buy stuff as soon as it releases it will generally be more expensive than it will be for people that buy the same thing months later. Crazy I know.
    My issue was with them charging for the whole bundle at virtually the same price they were charging for the dlc for the rest of us at the time. If you were happy with that then fair enough but to me it was tough to swallow.
  • ozthegweat 6 Jun 2018 13:48:51 2,061 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @ChiefGB How is that different from, e.g., GotY editions? Those give you the DLC for the same price or even less than the base game was at launch.
  • Phattso 6 Jun 2018 13:55:37 23,891 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    They've also just done that with the prices post-Warmind. If you buy both DLC, you get the base D2 for £2.50, barely nine months from launch (on PC).
  • ChiefGB 6 Jun 2018 14:01:33 9,425 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Because it's all about the timing, to launch an "premium" priced (imo) dlc, and at the same time sell it all to new players for just a fiver more rankled me somewhat. And the comments from Luke smith about us "throwing money at the screen for tat" at the time really left a bad taste.

And yet I paid that price, but I think I'm entitled to push back somewhat at the same time.
  • ChiefGB 6 Jun 2018 14:02:53 9,425 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Phattso wrote:
    They've also just done that with the prices post-Warmind. If you buy both DLC, you get the base D2 for £2.50, barely nine months from launch (on PC).
    Pc is different as it's a place where destiny is struggling to get a foothold hence this humble bundle stuff and the like, you know this. ;)

Btw greenmnan gaming have the dlc at 26:99 if that helps?? Wait till forsaken and it will probably be worth rebuying the whole package, for you.

Edited by ChiefGB at 14:04:10 06-06-2018
  • Phattso 6 Jun 2018 14:10:16 23,891 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Ooooh, that's a nice price on GMG - cheers for the heads up! If I cave, I'll cave in their direction. :)
  • ozthegweat 6 Jun 2018 14:10:46 2,061 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    ChiefGB wrote:
    And the comments from Luke smith about us "throwing money at the screen for tat" at the time really left a bad taste.
    On that we can agree, the arrogance on display was astonishing.
  • breakablepants 6 Jun 2018 14:14:15 909 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    If anyone is looking for a good summary of the info from the stream yesterday, Paul Tassi over at Forbes has posted something -

He seems pretty positive.
  • StarchildHypocrethes 6 Jun 2018 14:29:11 31,857 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    @ChiefGB But that's basically how every expansion release ever is done.

People pay full price for the base game at release. Months later you release an expansion so these people can continue their adventure etc, whilst you then discount the base game at the same time to tempt in new players and hope they too pickup the expansion.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.