Destiny 2 - read first post for clan info Page 124

• Phattso 9 Jun 2018 13:17:05 23,297 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Malek86 wrote:
    I think PvP is level scaled, so it shouldn't matter. The only question is whether you are any good at shooting targets who don't behave predictably (I'm not, but I should be able to hold my own, maybe).
    I believe my spray and pray tactics are up there with the top ten percent of the bottom quartile of players. I have a modest stack of Exotics and some of the more usefu legendaries at least.

Edited by Phattso at 13:17:37 09-06-2018
  • oldskooldeano 9 Jun 2018 13:52:20 2,910 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Phattso wrote:
    Malek86 wrote:
    I think PvP is level scaled, so it shouldn't matter. The only question is whether you are any good at shooting targets who don't behave predictably (I'm not, but I should be able to hold my own, maybe).
    I believe my spray and pray tactics are up there with the top ten percent of the bottom quartile of players. I have a modest stack of Exotics and some of the more usefu legendaries at least.
    This ain't gonna end well. Keep us informed. 😀
  • Khanivor 9 Jun 2018 16:00:22 43,823 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Doomed
  • cov 9 Jun 2018 16:40:01 1,761 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Ouch I can feel the burn already :(
  • Malek86 10 Jun 2018 12:26:10 7,027 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Alright, so does anyone feel like attempting the Trials? You can find me on Battle.net as Malek#2619
  • GarlVinland 11 Jun 2018 09:50:10 3,190 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Managed to make it to level 25 of the faction, doubt I'll have time to get much further before reset. In theory this rally was good and the renown system is interesting but in practice it was tedious. The time restraint is great enough you really need to be efficient with your token farming, which means farming the same activities 50x if you're doing public events - patrols - lost sectors. Bit much even for me.

Oh well, 3 weeks to wait till the next rally.
  • breakablepants 11 Jun 2018 11:30:59 857 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Agree it was a bit repetitive, it would be nice to maybe have multiple objectives each day rather than just one that you can rinse and repeat.

I think it's a good thing that the majority of players will take 2 or 3 Rallies to make it to 50, there is too much about Destiny that people absolutely rinse as soon as it comes out. Much better to know there is something that you can come back to in a couple of weeks with no penalty for having spent hours farming the shit out of things.
  • ozthegweat 11 Jun 2018 11:38:48 1,886 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Well there is a penalty: you can't get all the catalysts if you don't get to level 50 each rally, each time with a different faction.
  • GarlVinland 11 Jun 2018 12:03:20 3,190 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Definitely true, although I think time-gating is still a crude method to keep people playing the game as a substitute for actual endgame content. Same with the Polaris quest being dragged out over 5 weeks. I know I'll be back in a few weeks for the rally but until then, the only thing I can really accomplish is completing milestones, which has been D2's problem for a while.

Just wrt factions, if they had more meaningful rewards along the way, say some decent legendary weapons at set levels, had factions around all the time and bumped catalysts up to, hell, a level 200 faction reward or something stupid, at least it would give us something to do in the interim. Instead we have just a week to grind for essentially cosmetics and one catalyst, and dead time in between.

I'm quite sure Forsaken will fix a lot of that, for one thing with more loot and random rolls, so I'm just holding out until then. Can't wait for bows. Triple bow build!
  • breakablepants 11 Jun 2018 12:27:39 857 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Good point - maybe the compromise is that you can't continue the grind on the faction you chose until it comes back in 3 weeks, but you could start with one of the other factions - so you effectively are switching between them, with Iron Banner as the 4th activity to make up the monthly rotation.
  • GarlVinland 12 Jun 2018 09:52:24 3,190 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Ended up grinding out the 50 faction levels for the Graviton catalyst and the sweet Warlock helmet ornament. Was online with a friend and once we hit 30, we just decided, screw it, might as well. It is so much faster once you have the full faction gear set, you can do just a single heroic public event and you're already on 4 stacks of renown. If you plan to continue the grind with the next rally, keep your faction gear.
  • oldskooldeano 12 Jun 2018 12:30:36 2,910 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I wouldn't mind if I never stepped into a lost sector ever again after that.

I will though.
  • GarlVinland 12 Jun 2018 13:08:35 3,190 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Not just 'a' lost sector either. In order to be efficient, it's really 'one of 2 lost sectors'. The Rig on Titan and the one beneath the church in EDZ.

No wonder people look for token exploits, it's silly that activities like heroic strikes aren't more rewarding. You could do something else but really, who wants to drag out grinding 15+hrs for a cosmetic and a catalyst?

But yeah. I'll be back for the next rally.
  • ozthegweat 12 Jun 2018 13:23:07 1,886 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    That would mean looking at the average strike and public event completion time and scaling the amount of tokens up accordingly. But there's absolutely no way to do that.

Those activities could even net slightly less tokens, people would still prefer them to mindlessly repeating the same sector.
  • GarlVinland 12 Jun 2018 13:57:12 3,190 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Definitely, it was a brutal grind, only really made manageable by having a friend to talk shit with during. We were saying it felt like killing boars in that South Park episode, sure felt like it. A heroic strike or 2 would have been nice but at 7 tokens compared to 5 for a heroic PE, it just isn't worth it.

That Forsaken reveal last night, by the way! Getting steadily more hyped, it'll probably remain my hobby game till Division 2 next year.
  • ozthegweat 12 Jun 2018 14:42:10 1,886 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yes! Very excited about how the story turns out. Still have to finish The Division 1, also looking forward to Anthem, and my backlog is steadily growing, but I'll probably still be playing D2 for quite a while.
  • Malek86 13 Jun 2018 11:43:59 7,027 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    They are now saying that Cayde is going to die for real, ie. he is not coming back. Apparently because they want to make something emotionally charged.

I wonder if they simply had some problems with Nathan Fillion's contract and now need to bail out, because these decisions usually aren't taken lightly, no matter how much emotional stress you wanna create among the players.
  • Phattso 13 Jun 2018 11:55:34 23,297 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    I can't say I'd give any sort of fuck if the entire cast of characters got slaughtered? They're all a bit shit.
  • breakablepants 13 Jun 2018 11:56:38 857 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    How can it be emotionally charged if people know about it 3 months before the update even comes out?
  • breakablepants 13 Jun 2018 11:57:21 857 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Phattso wrote:
    I can't say I'd give any sort of fuck if the entire cast of characters got slaughtered? They're all a bit shit.
    Agreed. The only emotion I have regarding Zavela is confusion as to how he does anything with those shoulder pads on.
  • Phattso 13 Jun 2018 11:58:41 23,297 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    He should come back as Cayde-7 with Peter Dinklage on voice duty. Keep the merry-go-round ticking over now GoT is nearly done.
  • GarlVinland 13 Jun 2018 12:05:50 3,190 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Cost cutting I suppose. They'll probably replace him with a cheaper option, like with Dinklage. Still pissed at that decision. I liked his Ghost.

Apparently the die-hards have been angling for a 'darker' tone and found D2 too jokey. I'm the opposite. A game about space wizards should be fun IMO. Fillion is easily the most likeable character. Plus it's always nice to hear a voice from Firefly.
  • Malek86 13 Jun 2018 12:55:56 7,027 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Never had any problems with Cayde, though I liked him better in TTK as the wisecracking mission control (with Eris as creepy sidekick). D2 too often feels like he is merely stupid.

I definitely didn't need a darker tone anyway. Maybe they should just go back to the same tone as D1. Actually, they should just go back to D1.

Edited by Malek86 at 12:56:33 13-06-2018
  • GarlVinland 13 Jun 2018 13:06:36 3,190 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    After the rally, which for all the grind, I found a nice change of pace, I'm now back to having nothing to do till Forsaken comes out. Switched on last night, looked at my exotic collection with no gaps in except Acrius, looked at the milestones, can't stomach another public event or Crucible. Wouldn't mind doing Escalation Protocol, if only matchmaking for it weren't a crapshoot. Switched off and played Splatoon instead.

I'm hyped about Forsaken, but presumably because it will give me something meaningful to do again. And bows. Exotic bows.
  • telboy007 13 Jun 2018 19:53:00 2,237 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Do people still play this game?
  • GarlVinland 14 Jun 2018 09:18:59 3,190 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Almost every day, shockingly. Although Hollow Knight is about to put paid to that for me.

Apparently player numbers took a big jump after Warmind came out, so still loads playing, for all the complaints. It's steadily improving.
  • Malek86 14 Jun 2018 11:38:12 7,027 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Don't know about overall numbers, but I've never had any problem finding players around, so that's enough for me.

Except for the Nightfall. It takes forever to find players for that one. I wish they'd just take away this damn guided games bullshit and give us proper matchmaking.
  • GarlVinland 14 Jun 2018 11:51:25 3,190 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The ease of joining fireteams is probably the main reason I played D1 to death with friends. Matchmaking in D2 has been a bit of a clusterfuck though. Guided Games is a disaster, no matchmaking for a 9 man PvE event like Escalation Protocol, terrible decisions both. Plus the way public spaces are never as populated as they should be because of reserving space for full fireteams or some shit.
  • y2rich 14 Jun 2018 12:28:29 3,269 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Playing maybe once a week to check what Xur has in stock and collect my clan engrams. Can't stomach any more than that tbh
  • Phattso 14 Jun 2018 12:35:51 23,297 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    I started playing through the Osiris DLC last night. Only did the first couple of missions, but it was very enjoyable! The combat is as the combat always is, but fuck me some of the visuals were very very well executed. Also nice to have a little sliver of - dun dun duuuuuuuuh - actual fucking story, told like an actual fucking story.

Can't imagine there's much left based on the complaints I heard at the time about it being very short though. Will enjoy it while it lasts. I'm reminded again how much I dislike the new Ghost voice by the fact that Osiris' Ghost is an order of magnitude less shit.

Got caught out when I dinged Level 21 though. I'd forgotten the DLC upped the level count. :)

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.