Destiny 2 - read first post for clan info Page 131

• Malek86 31 Jul 2018 19:52:07 7,497 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Some of those aren't available from the statue. Weird.

Anyway, it looks like it might take a while to upgrade this armour anyway.
  • ChiefGB 31 Jul 2018 20:38:29 9,409 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yeah how does that work, it's all 200 power and can't be infused. Is this to make all the content more difficult and throttle the levelling in some way?
  • Malek86 31 Jul 2018 20:46:24 7,497 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @ChiefGB no, the redux missions are all scaled to your level anyway. And leveling them up once shouldn't take long. So it shouldn't be an issue.
  • Malek86 31 Jul 2018 21:32:39 7,497 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The redux missions are... a mixed bag.

For the most parts, they are just sections of Earth missions (they stuck strictly to Earth and Cabal missions, no Titan or Io or Nessus), with all cutscenes and dialogue removed. My favorite one is Spark, because the boss at the end is insane. Chosen also isn't too bad, although they kinda nerfed Ghaul, and he was already easy enough in the main game.

But Homecoming is pretty boring, and the remaining missions have tank sections, which are really annoying because you die very quickly.

Kinda hope I won't have to complete them more than once.
  • ozthegweat 1 Aug 2018 06:53:41 2,059 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Malek86 wrote:
    Some of those aren't available from the statue. Weird.
    There's a second page with the gold triumphs. Didn't catch it the firstntime as well, kinda bad usability.

Those 30 super kills in the Crucible are going to be a real grind. Fortunately, Mayhem comes back next week.
  • ozthegweat 1 Aug 2018 08:26:30 2,059 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Malek86 wrote:
    Kinda hope I won't have to complete them more than once.
    You'll have to do them again for the second upgrade, and if you want to upgrade all three characters, you're looking at 6 completions per Redux mission.
  • GarlVinland 1 Aug 2018 11:47:26 3,662 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The exclusivity and overwhelming power of the Whisper is really doing it for me, am itching to get to the weekend so I can get the damn thing and start earning the Masterwork. Hopefully Cabal excavations don't screw me over.

This is probably the most exciting D2 has been for me since launch, have a good feeling about Forsaken.
  • Malek86 1 Aug 2018 13:33:49 7,497 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I really need to get Whisper too, although technically, I don't even like sniper rifles.

In the meanwhile, I found the Sturm catalyst, and upgraded it today after an hour in the Castellum... poor Cabal soldiers. Eventually I got enough bodies on the floor that my framerate was chugging around the 40's.

Contrary to my expectations, Sturm and Drang are actually pretty fun to play around with. Useless overall, but still fun. The game is easy enough as is, so I'd like more weapons that are fun to use, rather than overpowered.

I also got the DARCI catalyst, so that will be my next goal while waiting for Mayhem next week.

Edited by Malek86 at 13:34:11 01-08-2018
  • ChiefGB 1 Aug 2018 19:30:34 9,409 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Getting an overwhelming urge playing through the opening of the "spark" mission at the moment solo, that, life really is too short for this shit.
  • Malek86 1 Aug 2018 20:03:53 7,497 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I didn't have any issues with any of the redux missions (except Payback because tank sections are terrible). They are hard, but not too overwhelming. The walker is a pain though, I'll give you that. But maybe you can just run past it? Not sure.

Anyway, the last boss of Spark is... surprising. I wasn't expecting that, for sure.

Edited by Malek86 at 20:05:23 01-08-2018
  • Malek86 2 Aug 2018 21:16:16 7,497 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    OK, so turns out that when you have the rekindled armor, redux missions also get harder. I managed to take care of the first two, I'll keep the other ones for later.

The good thing about the rekindled set is that, at least, there is no crucible grind involved. You just have to win five matches. The objectives are more specific though.

Edited by Malek86 at 21:18:29 02-08-2018
  • breakablepants 3 Aug 2018 09:09:33 908 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    ChiefGB wrote:
    Getting an overwhelming urge playing through the opening of the "spark" mission at the moment solo, that, life really is too short for this shit.
    I found that Graviton Lance is good for this because you have so much ammo. On spawning, take down the shanks and snipers on the right, then you can just hide behind the rubble on the left and snipe the legs. Takes a few minutes but pretty risk-free.

Must be some kind of masochistic streak in me, but I like doing stuff like this solo, I find it quite meditative. Too often Destiny lets you rush in and spam everything :-)
  • breakablepants 3 Aug 2018 09:11:14 908 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Malek86 wrote:
    I didn't have any issues with any of the redux missions (except Payback because tank sections are terrible). They are hard, but not too overwhelming. The walker is a pain though, I'll give you that. But maybe you can just run past it? Not sure.

Anyway, the last boss of Spark is... surprising. I wasn't expecting that, for sure.
    Did you find that the Tank wasn't spawning before that big cavern with the bridge? First time I tried it there was nothing, it was only when I wiped that my tank appeared and made everything a LOT easier ;-)
  • ozthegweat 3 Aug 2018 09:16:42 2,059 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    On my second run through Spark, I found out that you can simply walk past the tank and go to the next area, you don't need to fight it.

Edited by ozthegweat at 09:18:03 03-08-2018
  • Malek86 3 Aug 2018 09:25:11 7,497 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I managed to solo the rekindled Redux mission last night. They were more fun the first time around. The extra enemy durability made everything worse.

Really, your only hope is to keep your distance and snipe everything from afar. Getting close is too risky. And the heavy ammo pickups don't reappear, so if you die and respawn in a section after wasting your heavy ammo, you'll have an even tougher time. It's made even worse by the fact that elites don't guarantee heavy ammo drops at all here.

1AU and Chosen are especially bad. The last two sections of Chosen, before the boss, were absolutely frustrating. I don't want to see another war beast ever again. And whose idea was it to send you in a smallish room with three shielded ultras, with no heavy ammo pickups? Whew. Thank god Cabal tend to stay in their place even after you throw a pulse grenade at their feet.

Hopefully, that was the last of it. Also, this banner is amazing.

https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/47072

Edited by Malek86 at 09:27:40 03-08-2018
  • Malek86 3 Aug 2018 12:02:12 7,497 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Additionally, we are currently investigating the following issues reported to the Help forum:

Some players are unable to upgrade their Solstice of Heroes armor after completing all objectives
    Objectives requiring specific Crucible Valor ranks are not progressing for some players
    Solar weapon kill objectives sometimes does not gain progress
    The Solar Super kill objective for the Rekindled Titan Helmet is progressing slower than others
    I thought my Solar Super kills objective was too slow. Killed some ten enemies in a lost sector and the counter didn't move up by even one percent.
  • sherpa1984 3 Aug 2018 13:59:13 769 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    GarlVinland wrote:
    The exclusivity and overwhelming power of the Whisper is really doing it for me, am itching to get to the weekend so I can get the damn thing and start earning the Masterwork. Hopefully Cabal excavations don't screw me over.

This is probably the most exciting D2 has been for me since launch, have a good feeling about Forsaken.
    I thought the weekend just gone was the second and last time the Whisper would be available?
  • GarlVinland 3 Aug 2018 14:26:51 3,662 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Think Bungie have implied Whisper will be available every weekend for the foreseeable future. If nothing else, it takes at least 3 weekends of running the Heroic version to earn and max out the catalyst. Which gives a 72% damage boost if you briefly pause before firing while scoped in, by the way. 72%.

I never knew Gjallarhorn but this must be up there in terms of game breaking-ness.
  • Malek86 3 Aug 2018 16:43:15 7,497 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    DARCI also gives you a massive damage boost for pausing half a second before firing. That said, Whisper has higher impact and also refills your ammo, so it's a lot stronger. I guess a masterworked Whisper will make DARCi entirely redundant.

Unfortunately I'm just not much of a sniper rifles dude (even though I masteworked DARCI just today). I prefer to get straight in the action. Shotguns or fusion rifles! Or rocket launchers, but D2 is strangely lacking in that regard.

Edited by Malek86 at 16:46:29 03-08-2018
  • ozthegweat 3 Aug 2018 17:07:07 2,059 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I'm trying to find randoms to do the Redux missions with by dancing on the mission pedestal and then doing the pointing emote towards the pedestal when people stop. Yesterday, I found someone to play with within 3 minutes. Today I'm totally unlucky. Either it is not as obvious as I think it is, or people actually prefer doing it alone. Or they don't know yet that, except for Homecoming and Payback, these are tedious when done alone.
  • Malek86 3 Aug 2018 17:26:52 7,497 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @ozthegweat are you on PC? I can give you a hand if you want. Even just two players should make it pretty feasible.
  • ozthegweat 3 Aug 2018 17:42:12 2,059 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Thanks for the offer, but PS4 unfortunately.
  • ozthegweat 3 Aug 2018 19:20:05 2,059 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    So I tried 1AU solo, and while it wasn't easy (especially the first part with the bridge), it was certainly doable solo. Perhaps I shouldn't listen so much to reddit et al. and just try stuff myself :)

And I have to say that moment when you travel inside the tube, with the gorgeous graphics and the fantastic soundtrack kicking in, it's a damn epic moment, certainly my favourite on these Redux missions.
  • Malek86 3 Aug 2018 19:30:14 7,497 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Are you on the starting set? The missions get a lot worse when you upgrade the set. Maybe that's what Reddit was complaining about. I definitely don't want to play Chosen like that ever again.
  • ozthegweat 3 Aug 2018 19:55:28 2,059 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yes, I still have to complete Chosen on my Titan and Warlock, and the 30 Super kills on all three. I'll probably wait for Mayhem for the latter.
  • ChiefGB 3 Aug 2018 21:33:10 9,409 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @breakablepants thanks for the tip, sadly I was using graviton lance as it happens lol, it just took too long and I was trying to rush it a bit which got me in a loop of getting murdered. Went back with two and it was markedly easier seeing as the tank would find it harder to deal with two targets.
  • Malek86 3 Aug 2018 22:48:17 7,497 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Ugh, I absolutely cannot get the last objective in my armor until they fix the Solar Super kills tracking.

It's supposed to be 200 kills, but it almost never works. Usually I have to make some 9-10 kills before the tracker goes up by one percent.
  • TitanWarlord93 4 Aug 2018 00:23:56 327 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Oh boy.

I've played the 'Chosen' Redux Mission and damn it was so hard. It took patience for me to get through it.

Then just as I got to Ghaul I was this close to defeating him and out of nowhere got booted off due to servers.

Haha.
  • ozthegweat 4 Aug 2018 08:50:43 2,059 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @TitanWarlord93 You on PS4? I could help you out.
  • TitanWarlord93 4 Aug 2018 09:05:17 327 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @ozthegweat Yeah I am on PS4. Won't be on till tonight probably at 9.

EDIT: Also I have decided to create a new clan so if anybody needs help increasing light level, strikes, nightfalls, raids or to have a good time in the crucible and the trials then my clan is called The Guardian Geeks.

Created in preparation for the Forsaken Expansion.

Edited by TitanWarlord93 at 10:09:56 04-08-2018

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.