Destiny 2 - read first post for clan info Page 132

• Malek86 4 Aug 2018 11:36:35 7,143 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Got my resplendent set, finally.

If you are playing a Titan, the best way to get past the super kills hurdle is to set your Sunbreaker to the top tree (for some reason Sunspot kills don't count, so the bottom tree will be a lot slower) and then trigger an EP. You'll easily get 8-10% at a time.

Too bad the armor can't be used for infusion. But it will still increase my power average, so leveling up should be faster too.
  • breakablepants 5 Aug 2018 10:44:13 888 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @TitanWarlord93 I may well join the clan, since everyone but 2 of us dropped out of the one I created ;-)

As a result it's often hard to run the nightfall and raids as people are so flakey via sites like the100.io.
  • Malek86 5 Aug 2018 12:00:15 7,143 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I'm debating whether to get an ultrawide monitor... mostly just for this game.
  • ChiefGB 5 Aug 2018 14:25:50 9,068 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Right, here's a thing. Is it just me or is the elemental orbs return on strikes abysmal.
  • TitanWarlord93 5 Aug 2018 14:49:42 286 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @breakablepants

Here is the link you should be able to join without awaiting approval https://www.bungie.net/en/ClanV2/Chat?groupId=3206456

Those needing help with SOH armor sets feel free to join.

I'll be on tonight at 9PM.
  • Malek86 5 Aug 2018 17:29:32 7,143 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @ChiefGB most of the orbs seem to come from elite enemies. Use a matching subclass and weapons, it will generate more of them. I had enough orbs for the second tier after just a couple strikes. I guess it helps if everybody else is using the same elemental class and weapons.

Edited by Malek86 at 17:34:45 05-08-2018
  • breakablepants 6 Aug 2018 10:46:15 888 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    What Malek said. I was playing solo on the weekend and getting solar orbs is a complete grind by yourself. They only drop from yellow-bar enemies, and I was getting 6-8 per strike, same when I tried an Adventure.

I'm also struggling to get the required super kills in the crucible, as with my armour all at 200 it certainly feels like I am getting insta-killed a hell of a lot. It's hard to get more than 1 or 2 kills with my super before someone kills me.
  • ozthegweat 6 Aug 2018 11:02:11 2,011 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    You can simply equip only that piece of armour needed for Super kills, you don't have to wear the full set. The full set is only necessary to generate orbs.

I was Raiden Fluxing my Super kills, sure enough when I only had 1 kill left I got teamshotted 4 or 5 times, having had to complete 3 more matches until I completed the objective.

I'll do my other two characters when Mayhem comes back tomorrow.
  • Malek86 6 Aug 2018 11:09:57 7,143 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    For orbs, play the Redux missions. They have tons of yellow enemies. If you want to go even faster, Payback is your biggest friend, since the tank can kill everything with one shot.

For Super kills, you best wait until tomorrow, because Mayhem is returning. Also some sub-classes are better than others. For example, good luck getting any kills with a Sentinel, you will be better off as a Sunbreaker.
  • GarlVinland 6 Aug 2018 11:19:39 3,422 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    There's a bit of uncertainty over how the Solstice armour is going to be ported to Y2 so I think I'm going to give it a miss, no matter how good the Hunter one looks. There's mixed messages whether it can be infused to 600 (presumably yes), how the new mod system and random rolls will work (presumably not retroactive) and whether it can be masterworked after the Solstice event is over (doesn't look like it) so other than the aesthetic, it looks like it will be obsolete as soon as Forsaken drops.

On the other hand, got my Whisper. Joined an LFG with 2 other guys and it looked to be lost by the time we reached the final room with only 6 minutes left, but somehow managed to pull a rabbit out of the hat and the Whisper popped with 4 seconds on the timer to go. Easily the most thrilling thing I've done in the game, and the weapon is well worth it. Utterly brutal damage. Now to masterwork it.
  • breakablepants 6 Aug 2018 11:31:44 888 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    ozthegweat wrote:
    You can simply equip only that piece of armour needed for Super kills, you don't have to wear the full set. The full set is only necessary to generate orbs.

I was Raiden Fluxing my Super kills, sure enough when I only had 1 kill left I got teamshotted 4 or 5 times, having had to complete 3 more matches until I completed the objective.

I'll do my other two characters when Mayhem comes back tomorrow.
    aaargh - wish I had known that before! Thanks Oz, that should make a big difference :-)
  • ozthegweat 6 Aug 2018 12:14:04 2,011 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    You can also switch your armour during a Redux mission. While you need to wear the full set to start the mission, you can simply revert back to your higher level gear at the start of the mission (but only after it has finished loading) except for the piece you want to complete the mission for.
  • Malek86 6 Aug 2018 12:15:26 7,143 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @GarlVinland it does look pretty useless. You can't even use it infuse other armor, so there's relatively little point in obtaining it.

Even then, it's one more thing to chase after. Reminds me of the time when I got the Black Spindle with literally two seconds left...
  • GarlVinland 6 Aug 2018 13:07:26 3,422 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yeah the Whisper catalyst and the accompanying ship will keep me going until Forsaken, both look well worth the time.

I had my first small taste of a raid lair this weekend with the clan, I was just trying to keep up the entire time but I definitely see the appeal. Very mechanic heavy. Now just need to have a crack at Leviathan for the Midnight Coup.
  • breakablepants 6 Aug 2018 13:19:01 888 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Was just having a lunchtime browse of the Destiny Reddit threads, came across this very handy spreadsheet someone has done that lists all the Exotic catalysts and how to get them p thought I'd share it

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1eJi86yMBoWruetVeXx0-gYCPILvtI1FeRDb2sPMlT38/edit#gid=0
  • TitanWarlord93 6 Aug 2018 13:24:17 286 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @ozthegweat

That's not a bad idea I didn't think of that.

All I got to do for the first set is complete 7 more patrol missions, super kills and solar orbs from strikes.

Already got 2 pieces completed so perhaps I could switch to higher level armor maybe?

Looking forward to Mayhem tomorrow so I can get all these super kills we needed.
  • ozthegweat 6 Aug 2018 13:24:38 2,011 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @breakablepants Cool, thanks. I guess one has to have the corresponding weapon equipped (e.g. Huckleberry during adventures, or Risk Runner during Heroic strikes/Nightfalls) for the catalyst to drop? Or is the drop rate the same when using other weapons?
  • Malek86 6 Aug 2018 13:27:00 7,143 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @ozthegweat no, that's not necessary.

I'm not sure if a catalyst can drop if you don't at least have the weapon in your collection, however.
  • ozthegweat 6 Aug 2018 13:30:01 2,011 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Malek86 Got it, thanks.
  • Malek86 6 Aug 2018 13:43:06 7,143 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Geez, those requirements for the Sleeper Simulant masterworks.

I'm not even sure what the point is, since Whisper of the Worm should be better in every way.
  • GarlVinland 6 Aug 2018 14:03:19 3,422 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The Whisper catalyst adds a 1.3x crit multiplier I think to an already pretty absurdly powerful weapon. Can't wait to get it and melt bosses.

My favourite catalyst is for Polaris Lance. It's become my favourite PvE weapon now, even above Graviton. Firefly on precision kills, plus the Perfect Fifth base perk that also adds explosions. It's probably the only reason I managed to do the Whisper quest.
  • breakablepants 6 Aug 2018 15:43:26 888 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Lots of people complaining on Reddit about not getting catalysts to drop, I think it's the typical RNG issues TBH. I normally only play Crucible to hit the weekly milestones or when it's Iron Banner, and I've had all 3 catalysts drop in the past month. I got the Sturm one yesterday from the Vanguard strikes.

Not sure when I will have time to complete all the kills required tho! And yes, the Raid ones will be tough, I've not even completed Leviathan yet - mainly due to flaky FLG teams.
  • Malek86 7 Aug 2018 08:45:38 7,143 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Can you still trigger the Whisper mission? I've tried two Taken Blight events yesterday, but the Ultra didn't appear.
  • GarlVinland 7 Aug 2018 08:49:00 3,422 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @Malek86 should still be able to, it's available Friday to Monday at reset. There's a couple of different spots the ultra can appear, not always in that cave.
  • Malek86 7 Aug 2018 09:42:28 7,143 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    What surprised me is that none of the players in the area even bothered to try and look for the Ultra. And I kind of tried going around, but didn't see anything.
  • SpeckledJim 7 Aug 2018 10:02:08 79 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Post deleted
  • SpeckledJim 7 Aug 2018 10:04:34 79 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @breakablepants It's the strike catalysts that appear to have very low drop rates. Sturm drops from any activity on Nessus and seems to have a very generous drop rate.
  • ozthegweat 7 Aug 2018 11:04:36 2,011 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @SpeckledJim Re:Sturm: after farting around Nessus the other day, I got back to the Tower where not one, but two Sturm catalysts were waiting for me at the postmaster :)
  • bbvDJC 7 Aug 2018 11:06:58 1,994 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Can you obtain whisper today before the reset at six, or is it only Friday - Monday?
  • Malek86 7 Aug 2018 11:30:55 7,143 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Admittedly I haven't got any of the strike catalysts so far, whereas I already have all of the PvE ones and even some crucible.

I'm not even sure if those catalysts can drop from strike enemies at random, or just from the final chest.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.