• SpeckledJim 7 Aug 2018 11:36:18 79 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It's from the chest.
  • GarlVinland 7 Aug 2018 12:01:01 3,662 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    bbvDJC wrote:
    Can you obtain whisper today before the reset at six, or is it only Friday - Monday?
    Friday to Monday only I think. Is why I missed it the first 2 weekends.

There seem to be far fewer people waiting around to start that mission, had to use LFG to matchmake this weekend. At this point it seems like most who have the weapon are working on the catalyst, which doesn't require the public event to trigger, it just pops up on your map and you're free to do it on weekends.
  • ozthegweat 7 Aug 2018 12:17:05 2,059 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I'm waiting until myl level is high enough (low 400s) before I attempt this missionÖ
  • telboy007 7 Aug 2018 18:27:09 2,246 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Destiny 2 grind... makes it all good again. Crazy times.
  • Malek86 7 Aug 2018 18:30:05 7,503 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Combat stream is happening right now. New loadout and weapons system are looking good.
  • TitanWarlord93 7 Aug 2018 22:38:34 327 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Glad Mayhem is back. Got the super kills I needed and only took me 4 matches to do it. The last match I was dominating.

All I need to do now is get the solar orbs and my first set will be complete. I will do that tomorrow.

By the way I missed the stream but I have heard that they liked the improvements to combat and weapons system. Going to watch it so I can fully understand all of this and loom forward to enjoying the gameplay.
  • ozthegweat 8 Aug 2018 08:17:52 2,059 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Saw the stream, very excited for the sandbox changes. Existing Supers have been reworked, will be interesting to see what that entails. They are also tweaking the economy (tokens etc.) and will talk about that in this week's TWAB.
  • breakablepants 8 Aug 2018 11:50:12 908 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    TitanWarlord93 wrote:
    Glad Mayhem is back. Got the super kills I needed and only took me 4 matches to do it. The last match I was dominating.

All I need to do now is get the solar orbs and my first set will be complete. I will do that tomorrow.

By the way I missed the stream but I have heard that they liked the improvements to combat and weapons system. Going to watch it so I can fully understand all of this and loom forward to enjoying the gameplay.
    Finished my first set yesterday as well - god, I hate Mayhem, but it got the job done.

For solar orbs, the tip to do the Payback Redux mission is awesome, it's orbs-o-clock in there. Plus, if you wipe before you've opened the first big door for the tank, you can replay the first area and get loads of orbs in there.
  • breakablepants 8 Aug 2018 11:57:55 908 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    ozthegweat wrote:
    Saw the stream, very excited for the sandbox changes. Existing Supers have been reworked, will be interesting to see what that entails. They are also tweaking the economy (tokens etc.) and will talk about that in this week's TWAB.
    Watched the stream as well, it sounds interesting but I will wait to see how it plays. My concern is that the community will quickly find some kind of OTT loadout meta that will make PvP unplayable. But it does look as though it will stop the current autorifle-at-mid-range situation.

Really, the changes will also depend on the quality of the maps. I wasn't very impressed by the map they were playing in the stream, but equally, the player cam we were following wasn't exactly showing great Crucible skills ;-)

Didn't immediately like the bow as a weapon, seemed too close to a sniper. The issue with Destiny is not one of too little choice, so not enthused by another new weapon type (seeing as Grenade launchers are pretty pish).

I did like the new Masterwork approach, where the T2 masterwork is a customisation option.

So, some nice ideas in there, but the proof will be in the gameplay!
  • breakablepants 8 Aug 2018 15:29:58 908 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Interesting tip on Reddit for making the blue armour redux missions easier:

1)make sure to grab spare from the statue 2)Put it in your vault 3)Upgrade your original green armor 4)wear the green set you vaulted before starting a mission for the blue armor. Once the mission starts, swap the green armor with the blue and you can breeze through it solo.

there is actually a big difference between the green missions and the blue ones. For example I soloed all the blue missions on my hunter and warlock and it was quite a fight, but with my titan i did this trick and it was a lot easier to solo it. Having said that I recommend that you try to solo blue missions at least once. I found them challenging and fun.

this is actually really good if you want to do all characters.
    I won't bother as I don't have the time to do all 3 characters, but I am sure some of you are doing just that!
  • bbvDJC 8 Aug 2018 15:41:34 2,000 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Done all my armour now, the blue set was significantly easier and less grindy than the green in my opinion.

Definitely wonít do it again on another character though as I donít have the time or patience too anymore. :í)

The only way to 400 now is to do prestige raids for me now and god knows if Iíll be able to do them.
  • Malek86 8 Aug 2018 15:52:05 7,503 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The Solstice set helped me get up to 385 with all regular armor and weapons, since it increased the average level of engrams. So that's enough for me. I've got now to the point where Powerful engrams have the same power level as legendary engrams, so I guess there is not much else to do... except maybe find some randoms to get Whisper.
  • ozthegweat 8 Aug 2018 16:44:49 2,059 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @breakablepants Damn, I just upgraded the set on my Warlock to blue a minute ago! Well, I can still use this trick on my Titan.
  • TitanWarlord93 8 Aug 2018 16:49:05 327 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @breakablepants

That's good to know I'm going to try that out tonight.

Then start grinding for the next upgrade which I've heard is easier (I hope so).
  • GarlVinland 8 Aug 2018 16:54:01 3,662 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @breakablepants cheers for posting the tip, I had no inclination to do the Solstice stuff because it seemed so grindy, but I'm already almost at the end of the green armour farming anyway and with this tip, blue seems much easier.

Lots of good stuff in the Forsaken updates, but the big one has to be, Titan shoulder charges will be one hit kill in Crucible. That Skullfort I've had welded to my head since day one is about to become god tier!
  • Malek86 8 Aug 2018 16:57:57 7,503 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    If melee damage gets increased, my Synthoceps are so gonna hurt.
  • XtraCheese 8 Aug 2018 17:18:57 110 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 4 months ago
    OooooOoOo guyz I heard time to kill on the new destiny patch is super kewwwwl.

Are they really going to win any fans back after the fuck ups with Destiny 2 by adding a few shitty adjustments like this? The new PVP update looks boring AF. Nothing new here. Gamers have moved on surely
  • Malek86 9 Aug 2018 00:11:11 7,503 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Something I just discovered. As you might know, if you are about to get the Beaver error (which I get every so often unfortunately), you'll know immediately because no enemies or players will spawn in the area. After about 30 seconds, you'll be forced into a respawn.

But in those 30 seconds, other things that won't appear are the darkness doors - the ones enemies usually come out of. So for a short time, you can see into and even enter some out-of-bounds areas.

I'm surprised they even put anything at all in there. It's not something you are supposed to be able to see.

Edited by Malek86 at 00:12:20 09-08-2018
  • TitanWarlord93 9 Aug 2018 00:22:00 327 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    TitanWarlord93 wrote:
    @breakablepants

Then start grinding for the next upgrade which I've heard is easier (I hope so).
    Apparently I was playing as Titan and that I can only collect Solar Orbs in strikes. Collecting them anywhere else does not count unless you get it from strikes/nightfall.

Tried it with the Payback redux mission earlier, it did not count.
  • breakablepants 9 Aug 2018 09:35:18 908 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    TitanWarlord93 wrote:
    TitanWarlord93 wrote:
    @breakablepants

Apparently I was playing as Titan and that I can only collect Solar Orbs in strikes. Collecting them anywhere else does not count unless you get it from strikes/nightfall.

Tried it with the Payback redux mission earlier, it did not count.
    There is one of the armour pieces (arm or chest?) where the orb collection is specific to Strikes - it does say that in the task description when you hover over the armour, but it's easy to miss. For Warlocks it was arc orbs.

I found that you just need to run x5 low level strikes, takes an hour, should get you 100% no problem.

As others have noted, the blue armour requirements are MUCH simpler and quicker to do, so I think the Green armour trick is only necessary if you want or need to speed through the Redux missions solo.
  • GarlVinland 9 Aug 2018 10:14:24 3,662 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Kind of torn on whether to grind Escalation Protocol night and day for the shotgun and sniper until Forsaken comes out.

With the changes to weapon slots it looks like Midnight Coup/IKELOS shotgun/Whisper is gonna be the Fatebringer/Black Hammer/Gjally of D2, but if Y1 weapons aren't getting extra mod or perk slots then it seems like basically everything is gonna be obsolete in a few weeks, barring exotics.

Kind of killing the drive to grind right now.
  • breakablepants 9 Aug 2018 10:31:07 908 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Escalation and the Raid lairs are the two things I have struggled to do due to relying on randoms. EP especially seems to be about luck and finding good people already playing it. yet to get past level 4!
  • GarlVinland 9 Aug 2018 11:19:33 3,662 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yeah, trying to find a good EP session is a crapshoot. Even with LFG it's difficult to group up in the same instance, spent half an hour trying to match with a group the other day and just gave up.

The one time I managed to finish it, I got invited to join by a 7 man group that were already in the middle of farming, you basically never get that anymore. I made sure to finish it over and over with them that time, but got nothing but shaders.
  • ozthegweat 10 Aug 2018 09:07:31 2,059 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Lots of new info from this week's TWAB

Economy
    - mods will go away, you can dismantle existing ones for parts
    - whatever elemental mod you have on a weapon now, it will be locked to that element
    - the more underleveled for an activity you are, the higher the reward level will be compared to your current level
    - exotics will always drop at or above you level
    - tokens are being retired, destination material (Duskshards etc.) are now used to up your reputation and infuse gear
    - everything that rewarded tokens before now rewards destination materials
    - if you have tokens in your inventory, you can still redeem them for reputation

Milestones
    - milestones are displayed next to the activity (e.g. you see your Crucible milestone progression when hovering over the Quickplay icon)
    - heroic strikes are gone, there will be level 300, 400 and 500 playlists. Once your 40 levels over a playlist level, you can't select it anymore (except for level 500 playlist)
    - meditations are gone, there will be a Heroic Story Mission playlist
    - there will be 3 strikes available as Nightfall each week, they are higher difficulty than now, and there's no more Prestige Nightfall

Eververse
    - there are Eververse bounties
    - Prismatic Matrix (guaranteed new items) will be active all of season 4
    - there will be legendary weapon ornaments and Ghost Projections (holographic projection when you bring your Ghost up)

Edited by ozthegweat at 09:10:33 10-08-2018
  • Malek86 10 Aug 2018 09:19:37 7,503 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    So it sounds a lot more like D1. I'm not complaining.

Just yesterday I managed to get the last ghost shell I needed, now I have ghosts that track chests *and* resources on every planet. Gonna gather a stash of that while I can.
  • GarlVinland 10 Aug 2018 09:39:20 3,662 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    One note jumped out at me; Perfect Paradox is being switched to Kinetic.

Supposedly it's a nerf what with losing synergy with the Tractor Cannon, but personally I can't wait to shoot all the things with the extra ammo it'll have. PP/Graviton/Curtain Call, hell yeah!
  • Malek86 10 Aug 2018 10:06:21 7,503 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    If PP becomes a primary, I might even consider it in my build. Mostly just for a fun time though, like the Universal Remote in D1. I can't see myself attempting any difficult activities with a primary shotgun. Especially because, at very high levels (see the Redux missions), the game favors long range combat.

Meditations are being retired and replaced with a Heroic story playlist. New campaign missions will be featured at 500 Power
    Sounds like it will be a very, very long time before anyone can even attempt those missions.

Even though they are making it easier to level up, getting up to 500 should still take a pretty long time (if it didn't, getting to 600 would also take too little time, and people would find themselves without a good endgame again).

The Gunsmith will also be updated in Season 4. In Year 1, this vendor required 40 Gunsmith Materials for one reputation package. This will increase to 100 Gunsmith Materials.
    Yeah, it does sound like engrams will become a lot harder to come by.

Lord Saladin makes his final appearance in Season 3 next week. This will be your last chance to earn your Season 3 rewards.

Begins: Tuesday, August 14
    Ends: Tuesday, August 21
    I suppose Armsweek will be in the last week before the update, then.

Continuing with the theme of giving players more control over their Bright Dust balance, Bright Dust gained from dismantling Eververse items will be granted at a fixed rate. Players can now reliably dismantle items for specific gains.
    I dunno... this sounds like I would be better off dismantling all my legendary shaders before the update hits. Right now, they will give you between 7 and 14 bright dust each. Chances are, that number is going to be way reduced. Already those bounties seem pretty stingy with their rewards...

Edited by Malek86 at 10:18:13 10-08-2018
  • ozthegweat 10 Aug 2018 10:27:12 2,059 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Malek86 wrote:
    Meditations are being retired and replaced with a Heroic story playlist. New campaign missions will be featured at 500 Power
    Sounds like it will be a very, very long time before anyone can even attempt those missions.

Even though they are making it easier to level up, getting up to 500 should still take a pretty long time (if it didn't, getting to 600 would also take too little time, and people would find themselves without a good endgame again).
    It could be that blues drop above your level until you reach 500, and after that you'll only progress with powerful engrams.

Malek86 wrote:
    Continuing with the theme of giving players more control over their Bright Dust balance, Bright Dust gained from dismantling Eververse items will be granted at a fixed rate. Players can now reliably dismantle items for specific gains.
    I dunno... this sounds like I would be better off dismantling all my legendary shaders before the update hits. Right now, they will give you between 7 and 14 bright dust each. Chances are, that number is going to be way reduced. Already those bounties seem pretty stingy with their rewards...
    Even if the number is smaller after the update, you'll be able to bulk delete them. It depends if the potential gain in dust is worth the time ;)
  • GarlVinland 10 Aug 2018 10:51:57 3,662 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Turns out the IKELOS shotgun already has 3 perks, so it won't be losing out in Y2. Back to farming the shit out of EP!
  • Malek86 10 Aug 2018 11:12:51 7,503 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Regarding Eververse, it used to be just cosmetic stuff, but now that planet resources are needed to upgrade your weapons, suddenly resource-tracking ghosts are going to become much more valuable.

The right thing to do would be make sure that people can buy those ghosts without bright dust...

Anyway, already got one for every planet, so I don't care :cool:

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.