Destiny 2 - read first post for clan info Page 165

• b-rk 4 Nov 2018 07:46:10 542 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 5 months ago
    I'm a bit confused at flashpoints now. It says here flashpoint nessus, are these handed out by vendors? I can't find anything to start this.
  • Malek86 4 Nov 2018 07:55:03 7,660 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Kovacs77 wrote:
    Say what now? Is this a thing? I played the first 20 hours or so on controller for the vibration and I preferred the analogue controls for jumping, but then switched to k&m as I started doing PVP as it's not the done thing to use a controller for online competitive FPS. Are we now saying I should have stuck with it?? Dammit!
    No, K&M is way better if you have good reflexes. But if you don't, the controller will work as some kind of crutch.

I've seen some of my shots land criticals even though I was one hundred percent sure the crosshair was like a mile off the enemy. This just doesn't happen with the mouse.
  • Kovacs77 4 Nov 2018 10:04:44 584 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @Malek86 I have terrible reflexes, I'm definitely going to give this a go.
  • Malek86 4 Nov 2018 10:20:05 7,660 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    b-rk wrote:
    I'm a bit confused at flashpoints now. It says here flashpoint nessus, are these handed out by vendors? I can't find anything to start this.
    Flashpoints don'0t need to be triggered to start. Just complete enough activities on that specific planet (this means public events, lost sectors, patrols, etc.) and then you can go to the planet vendor and they'll give you a powerful engram. You can also hover on the vendor to see your current progress.

Used to be Cayde who gave out the engram, but heh.

Kovacs77 wrote:
    @crashVoodoo I had another look at my collection and I have Better Devils, I've reacquired it so I'll give it a go. I wasn't bothering with reacquire as it was giving me items at a much lower light level than my current guns but it seems to have jumped quite a lot since I got Horror Story at 600. Although I think I've misunderstood light level and how it affects stuff in this game, I assumed bigger number meant more powerful gun, more damage etc but I'm not so sure now...

Maybe I should have paid a bit more attention to the NPCs telling me how to play rather than skipping every single cutscene.. I also might have some more context for the baffling nonsense everyone says to me over the radio while I'm shooting things. I tried reading some of the story on a wiki to catch up but it really is a load of utter bollocks isn't it!
    Single item power levels don't really mean much... the only thing that truly matters is your total power level.

If it's below the enemy's, you deal less damage and take more in turn. If it's above the enemy's, you deal more damage and take less in turn. But the game scales it so that you can never be too overpowered. I think it caps at a delta of 20.

So for example, if an activity has a recommended power level of 380, and your current level is 600, you still won't be able to just shrug off bullets - the game will consider your damage and defense as if you were at 400 for that activity.
  • b-rk 4 Nov 2018 12:28:52 542 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 5 months ago
    ah right! yes there is a sort of glowing cross over the vendor. i must have completed nessus and forgot i did it. :/
  • super_whiskey 4 Nov 2018 21:36:56 263 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Is there any value in keeping hold of collectibles (dusklight etc) instead of trading them in with vendors to get engrams?
  • Malek86 4 Nov 2018 21:44:33 7,660 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @super_whiskey you'll need them to infuse and upgrade weapons/armors.

The Spider can also exchange them for other stuff occasionally.
  • Phattso 4 Nov 2018 21:59:24 24,010 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Had a moment of weakness and bought the Forsake DLC. Utter shit story as usual. Risible actually. Canít wait to get this over with and presumably unlock the fun grind.

I didnít actually want the DLC but levelling to the previous cap was such a waste of time knowing that the Ďtrueí cap was much higher. Itís all just pretend numbers but being up to date makes it slightly better pretend numbers. :)

Been a few months since I left the game, so it has yet to dig its looty claws into me again. Basically itís boring me. Hopefully thatíll pass soon.
  • b-rk 4 Nov 2018 22:53:30 542 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 5 months ago
    i do some escalation thing on mars, shoot a lot of shit, the chest opens then it says i need a fuckin key! wtf?

edit

yeah i agree tbh, i was seeing lv50 players and felt like a loser stuck at 30. now at 50 and feel better about life.

Edited by b-rk at 22:55:02 04-11-2018
  • b-rk 4 Nov 2018 23:00:34 542 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 5 months ago
    also no daily heroic adventure has appeared :/
  • GoatApocalypse 5 Nov 2018 06:45:01 4,685 posts
    Seen 22 seconds ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @b-rk

Getting those keys is... convoluted. You need to farm resonate stems, combine four of them to get an override frequency and figure out which of those weird floating pyramid things out corresponds to.
  • super_whiskey 5 Nov 2018 06:48:49 263 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @Malek86 Will that be once I reach a certain power level?
  • b-rk 5 Nov 2018 07:26:36 542 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 5 months ago
    GoatApocalypse wrote:
    @b-rk

Getting those keys is... convoluted. You need to farm resonate stems, combine four of them to get an override frequency and figure out which of those weird floating pyramid things out corresponds to.
    fuck that. whats in the chest anyway?
  • Malek86 5 Nov 2018 08:12:04 7,660 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Some Warmind armor, which is useless today because it's stuck to year 1 perks.

Nowadays people run multiple Escalations without even opening the chest, because after all, the good rewards (shaders and weapons) are dropped by the final boss and not the chest.
  • GoatApocalypse 5 Nov 2018 08:52:01 4,685 posts
    Seen 22 seconds ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yeah it's just a good chance to nuke loads of bosses and get some decent l00t.
  • THFourteen 5 Nov 2018 09:03:11 50,012 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    b-rk wrote:
    can the person who designed the mad bomber fight kindly fuck off, please. perhaps fuck off and join the c-unit who did the hangman. cheers! i feel like i need a valium now. fuck me.
    LMAO.

Just finished off all 6 barons yesterday.

The main bit i struggled with was the one where you have to jump platforms in the sky. Fell off a hundred times. There was one guy waiting at the top on the same mission, either waiting for me to do it together or just pissing his pants.
  • Malek86 5 Nov 2018 10:26:43 7,660 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @super_whiskey no, you can do it at any point, but only legendary and exotic gear can be infused/upgraded.
  • Switch024 5 Nov 2018 10:57:22 3,041 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Got the Cerberus +1 exotic auto last night. It's supposed to have been affected by the recent shotgun nerf so it's hard to know how the gun is supposed to work. As a shotgun/auto combo I'm guessing it should melt up close but it just feels like a standard auto rifle with bad range right now.
  • Mekanik 5 Nov 2018 18:21:40 4,677 posts
    Seen 7 days ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Looks like me and a few friends are going to come back to this with all the offers on the xpacs etc. A few of played the vanilla version up to the first xpac so not total noobs.

Be interesting to see whats changed. Probably loads. :)

Would we be ok to join the euroguardians? We had a clan but fk knows what happened to it (although I thought it was the EG one previously but who knows).
  • Malek86 5 Nov 2018 20:03:52 7,660 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Full curse week starts tomorrow. Let me run the weekly checklist for a moment...

- play the next step in the Master Ives quest
    - farm the Strange Terrain nightfall (if it comes up)
    - complete Whisper Heroic one last time for the ship blueprint
    - find the Whisper chests one last time for the sniper masterwork
    - find a group for the Wish Ender quest
    - farm Gambit and hope to get the Malfeasance quest

Gotta have my hands full next week too, it seems.
  • crashVoodoo 5 Nov 2018 20:09:41 6,099 posts
    Seen 35 minutes ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    GoatApocalypse wrote:
    @b-rk

I think you've got it mixed up with the sleeper node stuff.

The EP chest requires you get to get Rasputin key fragments from doing the heroic missions. When you have 7 or 8 the vendor, Bray 'something or other' will combine them into a key you can use after EP lvl 7.

It's shit really. Just farm the EP for the weapons which drop. If you clear 7 then you can just restart at 6 and try again.
  • Malek86 5 Nov 2018 20:17:58 7,660 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @crashVoodoo don't forget, the key cn only be used after you clear 7 waves. Since it's common nowadays to join a group already halfway through, you probably still won't be able to use the key at the end of a single EP.

But really, it's pointless because the armor drops are crap at this point. People play the EP for the weapon drops. Only reason to still open the chest at the end is if you need the armor pieces for the seal (the whole set is required).

Edited by Malek86 at 20:18:15 05-11-2018
  • crashVoodoo 5 Nov 2018 20:36:25 6,099 posts
    Seen 35 minutes ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    What I did discover yesterday evening is more shit to do on mercury. I forgot to push on with the non campaign planet missions. There is a forge to make (shit) weapons.

Might do that on my titan when I level his ass up.

I still don't like the floaty jump mechanics of the titan and I like the warlock even less. Hunters where it's at.
  • Malek86 5 Nov 2018 21:40:37 7,660 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Forge weapons were decent back then. Perfect Paradox was the meta shotgun until the Ikelos bunch arrived. It's still okay, but admittedly now the Ikelos trumps it in almost every way.

I do still use a Machina Dei as my pulse rifle of choice. There are probably better choices out there (Go Figure with good perks, for example) but ultimately it doesn't matter that much so I might as well use a cooler-looking weapon.

(the reason it doesn't matter is that Lord of Wolves wrecks havoc in the crucible)

Edited by Malek86 at 21:45:30 05-11-2018
  • MatMan562 5 Nov 2018 21:49:47 3,457 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Had some really lucky nights playing Gambit these last two days. After finishing all the Festival of the Lost Triumphs I thought I'd spend the next few days on Gambit while the triple Infamy was up. Last night I had the Servitor Primeval appear and, despite my panicking, we managed to beat it to give me the Malfeasance quest. I was already very pleased with that but then as I was playing again tonight it spawned and we killed it again and I got the Emblem and Vehicle from it!

Then I reached Legend rank which I'd only just discovered meant you only get points for a win so thought I'd be stuck on it for ages. I won 4 games in a row and instantly maxed it out! Very pleased with all of that! I'm hoping I'll be able to get the Dredgen seal and title but think I'll have to continue to get even more lucky to be able to reset my rank again this season.

With the new week tomorrow I'm hoping to spend some time getting Malfeasance, spend more time in Gambit to try and get that ship and level up and maybe try to get a group for the Wish Ender and/ or Whisper of the Worm quest. Really love how much is in this game these days!
  • b-rk 5 Nov 2018 22:18:35 542 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 5 months ago
    Malek86 wrote:
    Forge weapons were decent back then. Perfect Paradox was the meta shotgun until the Ikelos bunch arrived. It's still okay, but admittedly now the Ikelos trumps it in almost every way.

I do still use a Machina Dei as my pulse rifle of choice. There are probably better choices out there (Go Figure with good perks, for example) but ultimately it doesn't matter that much so I might as well use a cooler-looking weapon.

(the reason it doesn't matter is that Lord of Wolves wrecks havoc in the crucible)
    ya go figure here. i'm getting a bit bored with it but it's too good. i'm looking to change my armour and have some nice alternative gear but the perks are either rubbish or no perks at all. shame as the chest piece has a fluffy mane on it. :|
  • Malek86 6 Nov 2018 00:10:27 7,660 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @MatMan562 I could definitely do with someone for the Wish Ender quest.

If you want, I could also help with Whisper. Nowadays it's become a fairly easy mission. This week me and some LFG randoms completed the Heroic with almost ten minutes to spare.
  • ChiefGB 6 Nov 2018 00:26:45 9,609 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Phattso for what itís worth I wasnít very impressed either although I thought it started well enough. Got bored going through the barons and didnít really like the tangled shore, however it did come together more by the end and the dreaming city that unlocks shortly after is the most spectacular location in destiny and the music which I thought was poor through the campaign is back on point there as well.
  • b-rk 6 Nov 2018 00:48:37 542 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 5 months ago
    agree with most of that apart from the music which is destiny quality levels of excellent. mostly it's just a series of protracted boss encounters, some of which were a real low point in gaming for me. very bad, very annoying. some were ok but i've been hesitant to finish off all of them. the machinist is up next but i have been putting it off.

this is the fluffy armour i mentioned.

https://destiny2.mmo-fashion.com/devastation-complex/

i really like it but it has no extra perks at all and it would be replacing a very handy piece that enhances snipers. i always carry darci. very powerful now.

Edited by b-rk at 00:54:15 06-11-2018
  • Switch024 6 Nov 2018 07:24:43 3,041 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I enjoyed the story, thought it was easily the best they've done and liked how each baron had a bit more about them in comparison to the cut and paste job they've done with bosses in the past. I also think the music is fantastic and love hearing it kick in when I go to see Spider.

I actually did The Hollowed Lair nightfall yesterday and was lucky enough to get a curated Mindbender's Ambition. Was more pleased with that than I was getting the Cerberus the other night.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.