Destiny 2 - read first post for clan info Page 181

• Malek86 10 Dec 2018 09:06:44 8,759 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Man, all those Forge bosses so far have been massive bastards. Even with high power levels, they would still be annoying.

The boss in the Gofannon Forge spams Servitor's Grasp like every fifteen seconds.
  • crashVoodoo 10 Dec 2018 09:09:05 6,361 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    @b-rk the drops run on a weekly cycle pool, between shotgun, sniper and another one or all 3.

Even if it's the shotty only week, it's still RNG if it'll drop or not.

tried that forge shit last night. Man o man it made my guns feel powerless. Definitely need to level up some more before going back in.
  • Malek86 10 Dec 2018 09:26:06 8,759 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I do think Bungie screwed up with the power requirement progression. Considering there will be 4 forges in all, and they will be unlocked at different times, they should be making each forge harder than the last one, and the first should have a requirement of 600, with 610 for the boss at most.

Instead, both forges so far start at 610 and the boss is 625, making it nearly impossible for anyone who doesn't keep up with the grind.

It also leads to very unsavory scenarios, such as people checking the power level of those in the fireteam and quitting immediately if they think they won't be strong enough to kill the boss. I've seen it happen too often.
  • b-rk 10 Dec 2018 09:26:39 948 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Ok cheers. I didnít get the memo on transmat effects being one time use and lost my fave one. Bloody annoyed!

Edit

The Forge bosses sound awful. Part of the appeal of a game like this is powering up to feel more powerful and blitz enemies that were previously a problem!

Edited by b-rk at 09:29:58 10-12-2018
  • Cadence 10 Dec 2018 09:28:38 2,331 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    @super_whiskey just PM'd you. Not sure if it's possible with just two people but I'm up for trying it if you are.😁
  • Malek86 10 Dec 2018 09:30:02 8,759 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    On the other hand, I did manage to finish the Forges a few times now.

When we are all 650, we'll be wasting those bosses easily, and then we'll look back at these times and laugh.
  • XVariant 10 Dec 2018 10:14:13 32 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Has anyone read anywhere if unfinished frames make it through the weekly reset at all?

There is at least one known issue with them already where having 2 in inventory causes one to go walkabouts.
  • Malek86 10 Dec 2018 10:16:02 8,759 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I still have one of the blue frames in my inventory. We should know pretty soon.

Just in case, I always try to finish the legendary ones as soon as I get them. And yeah, I heard about that bug, so I'm picking up one at a time, just in case.
  • XVariant 10 Dec 2018 11:15:57 32 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    The blue ones have been a bit rubbish so far - I was hoping for some curated rolls of forsaken gear but I've scrapped them all up to now. I'm more concerned with the sniper one for Gofannon as even at 618 the boss is a beast so not sure I'll get it done tonight.

Also, have you duplicated one of them yet? So far each one has been powerful - 8 levels+ - but wondered if you complete a second version of the same frame it drops at the normal level.
  • Malek86 10 Dec 2018 11:43:58 8,759 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Blue ones are useless. They call it augmented weapons but they are just regular weapons. Weird.

I have completed a number of legendary frames so far, and unfortunately it's just like you said: the first time you pick it up with Ballistic Logs, it provides a powerful item, but after that, if you pick up the legendary frame a second time using Modulus Reports (which cap at 15, so you might as well spend them), you get a special weapon again, but at your current soft cap. I guess they didn't want to give people a way to farm powerful gear.

It's still useful if you need to finish your collection (there might be more than one Forge weapon for each type) or if you are hoping for a better roll. After all, by the time everyone is 640+, these forges shouldn't be so difficult anymore.

That said, the Dawning event starts this week again, so it might keep people busy.

Edited by Malek86 at 11:46:43 10-12-2018
  • ilmaestro 10 Dec 2018 14:47:56 32,929 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    So I know y'all are on the new shit, but does anyone still play Destiny 1? Really want to do the raids after all this time.
  • Phattso 10 Dec 2018 14:49:50 24,823 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Fired up this morning to just pootle around and see if I could grind the last few levels to 50, and I notice that the raid appears to be gone from my Director. Used to be something I could select amongst all the planets and wotnot, but there's nowt there at the mo. I still haven't bothered with the six Baron revenge missions (yawn!) so perhaps I'm just in a limbo state until I can bring myself to care?
  • XVariant 10 Dec 2018 15:33:09 32 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @Phattso If you are talking about Leviathan it's been moved to the planet screen for Nessus. You can find it towards the bottom left.
  • XVariant 10 Dec 2018 15:33:11 32 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @Phattso If you are talking about Leviathan it's been moved to the planet screen for Nessus. You can find it towards the bottom left.
  • Phattso 10 Dec 2018 15:44:50 24,823 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    @XVariant Ah, I see. I'll check it there. Cheers!
  • Cadence 10 Dec 2018 17:45:37 2,331 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    ilmaestro wrote:
    So I know y'all are on the new shit, but does anyone still play Destiny 1? Really want to do the raids after all this time.
    Never played it but tempted to as the collection is dirt cheap these days. Is there still a decent user base?
  • Frogofdoom 10 Dec 2018 17:58:50 13,957 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Do the baron missions phattso, wont take much more than 2 hours and they are all unique boss fights. You may even enjoy a couple of the fights ;)
  • Phattso 10 Dec 2018 18:17:18 24,823 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Heh. I think my larger issue is giving a shit about Destiny again. I bounced so hard off it a month ago I played and completed Ass Creed Origins and all its DLC rather than play any more D2. Easing myself back in now. :)
  • Malek86 10 Dec 2018 19:51:33 8,759 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @Cadence I checked again a couple weeks ago, and there were still some players around. Probably enough to get into strikes with matchmaking, so that should be all you need.
  • crashVoodoo 10 Dec 2018 20:28:23 6,361 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    I know what you mean about being away from it for a bit and you lose interest. Nearly 2 weeks off it due to life and I've found myself getting interested in RDR2

Back on it last night and absorbed back into it. Want to get these strikes done for that loaded question fusion rifle
  • b-rk 10 Dec 2018 21:06:12 948 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    I think I'm ready to take on the mad bomber again. Things should go more smoothly this time if the hangman is anything to go by, he went down easy this time.

Edit

Done. Jesus, that was easy. 🥳

Edited by b-rk at 22:24:57 10-12-2018
  • b-rk 11 Dec 2018 01:32:42 948 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Oh! The Dawning starts soon. This is new to me and sounds quite good. Gathering ingredients to make cookies apparently. For some odd reason I like that a lot. Pretty hyped tbh.
  • ChiefGB 11 Dec 2018 07:14:56 11,345 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Phattso the dreaming city is worth the struggle to get there for me. Found that part of the story a bit poor for me but the game opens back up afterwards. Wasnt a fan of tangled shore and spend zero time there now.
  • Frogofdoom 11 Dec 2018 10:26:02 13,957 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Had been avoiding crucible as I play on the pc using a pad I was thinking I would get slaughtered. It's not actually too bad and I'm holding my own generally around 4th or 5th out of the 12. Never going to set the world alight but it's enough make getting the weekly engram less painful.
  • Malek86 11 Dec 2018 10:30:44 8,759 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Crucicble difficulty is overestimated. It's nothing like the old Quake or UT, especially in team deathmatch. Grab a decent range weapon and get to killing someone. Five matches per week ain't much. And when you get better, you can start getting closer and shotgunning people.

And if you play a bit more, it also becomes a secondary source of powerful items, because every rank-up should guarantee one.
  • Frogofdoom 11 Dec 2018 10:49:36 13,957 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Have been doing loads of gambit and normally smash that. Used to PvP quite a bit on the PS4 version but the lack of kbm I assumed would be a far bigger issue than it is. Bit trickier up close but if you try and control the range a bit then it's fine.
  • b-rk 11 Dec 2018 11:39:09 948 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    I'm pretty competitive and get salty unless I'm winning. Wasn't a problem when I had the time and inclination to really learn the maps but time is more of a factor these days. Never was the play-for-fun type. It kinda sucks being like that in some ways. Bleh.

Think I saw Malek on the EDZ the other day btw, orange armour, Gigeresque helmet?
  • Malek86 11 Dec 2018 11:47:40 8,759 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    That must have been me. I have been around various places to complete Forge bounties lately.

Also I don't see a lot of other people with orange gear. That's nice, it makes me stand out a bit.

Edited by Malek86 at 11:48:15 11-12-2018
  • b-rk 11 Dec 2018 12:26:57 948 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    We saluted, it was all very professional.
  • ilmaestro 11 Dec 2018 13:09:40 32,929 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Cadence wrote:
    ilmaestro wrote:
    Never played it but tempted to as the collection is dirt cheap these days. Is there still a decent user base?
    Yeah still people floating around all over, lower levels and 40s. If you play at the wrong time of day you'll be doing some strikes on your own, but at a decent time there's no issue. Truly a great game by the time they finished it.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.