Destiny 2 - read first post for clan info Page 193

• ChiefGB 7 Mar 2019 00:12:57 10,704 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Ah I assumed the mote would be lost if wagered, kind of pointless otherwise. Would piss me off if I lost it, but prefer there to be some risk involved. You are right though, the map is actually a bit pants, looks nice in parts but not a lot to it.

The mode isnít all that well explained really, didnít realise you had to click into the synthesiser and assign the ďsynthĒ that way as to look at it in the menu it has a bar thatís filling up under it, whatís that for then? And howís it filled?. Do prime wins fill it and the upgrade it from weak or something?
    The actual prime round is a nice refresh but itís not revolutionary or anything and some of it as mentioned above seems a bit dumb, invaders still be douches.
  • ChiefGB 7 Mar 2019 07:31:50 10,704 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I think you should sell us a kitchen
  • Malek86 9 Mar 2019 10:48:13 8,454 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I still think Gambit Prime is fundamentally broken. It's faster than regular Gambit, but if there were a single-round version of it, I'd rather play that than Prime. At the very least, they should make the Primeval phase a little faster.

Reckoning needs a bit of tweaking too, but it's not bad. It might be a while before I can try Tier 2 though.
  • ozthegweat 11 Mar 2019 14:52:28 2,225 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    When will Bungie finally fix that fucking dark HDR mode? I can't see shit in certain parts of the game.
  • Malek86 12 Mar 2019 17:34:21 8,454 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    So it's time for that famous choice. I thought it would be vanguard vs. Drifter, but it's more like Praxic Order vs. Drifter, as the Vanguard doesn't seem to actually mind him, while those other guys are being zealots.

I wanted to side with the Vanguard because of the loot, but I'm not sure now.

... aw, whatever. The loot is more important than the lore. I prefer my Vanguard arsenal, tyvm.

Edited by Malek86 at 17:35:23 12-03-2019
  • Frogofdoom 12 Mar 2019 17:45:10 13,262 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @ozthegweat if you are on pc you can fix it. It's something to do with disabling it and changing the brightness and then turning it back on. A quick Google should sort you out.

No idea if it works on consoles.

Edited by Frogofdoom at 17:45:51 12-03-2019
  • ozthegweat 12 Mar 2019 18:45:40 2,225 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Frogofdoom Thanks, but I'm on PS4. I've read the same advice, turning HDR off, upping the SDR brightness and then turning HDR on again, but it didn't do anything noticeable.
  • ChiefGB 12 Mar 2019 19:06:01 10,704 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I too find it off, just thought it was a settings issue with my tv.
  • Malek86 12 Mar 2019 23:12:10 8,454 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Welp, that quest was disappointing. There's some lore about the Drifter, and sure you get a few powerful items in just a couple hours. But there's no unique reward.

I did get a powerful Nameless Midnight that I used to infuse my own, so it wasn't all bad. But I was really hoping for at least a quest-specific item. I sided with the Vanguard hoping for that, but in the end, there was none.

Also, lore-wise, the quest seems to ends in a stalemate - Aenor gives up on investigating the Drifter because she realizes he's not a threat. So far, the only permanent difference is that the Drifter now calls me "snitch" during Gambit intros, but he seems as friendly as ever otherwise.

I suppose, if we are to talk about the lore, then I don't mind siding with the Vanguard, since the Drifter apparently hates the Light and his own immortality. I love my immortality, so we just don't see eye to eye on that. Also, while I can't say I like the Drifter or Aenor much, I'm still chums with Ikora and Papa Smurf - they might be getting annoying lately, but we had so much fun in Destiny 1, didn't we.
  • Malek86 13 Mar 2019 22:39:16 8,454 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Had a go at Tier 2 Reckoning. We got annihilated before the halfway point.

I wonder if these activities might not be a little too hard for casual play. Even the forges were somewhat feasible for underleveled players.
  • Malek86 17 Mar 2019 22:58:47 8,454 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Played Tier 2 with a random matchmade group, thiking I would get destroyed as usual, but then a guy used Ward of Dawn during the bridge part. I completely forgot that was still a thing in D2. Made the section a whole lot easier.

So I followed his example, completed four runs and got the best synthetizer. Whew.

Still looks like it will be a long while before I try Tier 3. With my current power, I can't even start it.
  • breakablepants 19 Mar 2019 11:30:16 1,033 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    So, I *finally* triggered the Malfeasance quest in Gambit yesterday. Every other time the Prime appeared I was in a team that got shat on and it never triggered.

Anyway, tried to solo it at level 620ish. Pretty hard, isn't it??
  • ozthegweat 19 Mar 2019 13:47:32 2,225 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Are you talking about
    Help the Drifter track the thief who stole from him. Complete the mission variant of strike "The Corrupted."
    which is a level 580 mission called "Darkness in the light" in the Dreaming City?

Tried soloing that yesterday (I'm at level 644) and gave up after 20 minutes.
  • Malek86 19 Mar 2019 20:36:24 8,454 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    If you check the director, that mission is effectively a Nightfall.

Look for a team on LFG. If you are on PC, I could help too, at least on evening hours.
  • breakablepants 20 Mar 2019 12:10:32 1,033 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    ozthegweat wrote:
    Are you talking about
    Help the Drifter track the thief who stole from him. Complete the mission variant of strike "The Corrupted."
    which is a level 580 mission called "Darkness in the light" in the Dreaming City?

Tried soloing that yesterday (I'm at level 644) and gave up after 20 minutes.
    Yep, that's the one. I got pretty far, but it was getting late so I will have another go. It's my own fault, I didn't know anything about it so had no idea what was involved.

@Malek - thanks for the offer/suggestion, yeah I think I will LFG this one!
  • Malek86 21 Mar 2019 22:06:32 8,454 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I was expecting worse. With this week's powerful engrams, I got up to 689. Found a few players and completed a tier 3 Reckoning.

I still need to find some people willing to walk me through the Morgoth fight, just so I can get that one egg I'm missing...
  • Malek86 23 Mar 2019 22:28:26 8,454 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Wow, I actually managed to find a group that was only after Morgeth for that last corrupted egg. So now I can obtain the Cursebreaker and Chronicler titles (in due time, of course - that ghost and sparrow will be the death of me).
  • ChiefGB 24 Mar 2019 10:57:06 10,704 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Christ the loading on this really seems to have gone to shit, also the frame rate hasnít been right for the last few weeks since I came back. Thereís also often a horrible judder when strafing (pspro). Is this the same for anyone else? I know the loading wasnít great but bootup seems to take forever now and the frame rate was only really challenged under load, this seems to happen all over the shop esp in pvp.
  • eleven63 24 Mar 2019 19:16:02 2,494 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Finally unlocked Clyde's gun. Go me.

I'm shit at crucible. That was painful.

But, hey, I completed a quest!
  • ozthegweat 25 Mar 2019 08:09:15 2,225 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    You mean Cayde's gun, Ace of Spades?
  • Malek86 25 Mar 2019 11:56:26 8,454 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I got Thorn myself. The crucible part was annoying, but the last mission was fun (well, kinda).

I don't get why Bungie seems to have a hard-on for hand cannon kills in the crucible. Isn't it about time we get slightly different quest steps?

Edited by Malek86 at 11:57:49 25-03-2019
  • ChiefGB 26 Mar 2019 01:57:42 10,704 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yeah Iím currently using my newly grinder for and unlocked last word to progress the quests of Lunaís Howl and thorn..........you may have a point here.
  • Malek86 26 Mar 2019 07:13:36 8,454 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Since the launch of Forsaken we have had Luna's Howl, Ace of Spades, Malfeasance, Last Word, and Thorn...

I could go for something like a fusion rifle or pulse rifle just about now.
  • ChiefGB 26 Mar 2019 08:42:31 10,704 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Or a scout which seem to have dropped out the game somewhat, although Iím not fully familiar with all the pinnacle weapons.

Think this game is still top of the tree and is having yet another resurgence for me. Anthem was nice till it all fell apart at the end, and the loot wasnít great. Div 2 is just a bit uninspiring to play. For all the content itís all very narrow to play, has loads of loot but no character.

This game though has variety in game modes and being a hand cannon lover thereís been plenty of cool loot to chase. Catching up on the tail end of the armoury and the new drifter, xur bits and pieces, gambit gear and all the pinnacle weapons now on the table is giving me loads to work towards.
  • breakablepants 26 Mar 2019 10:08:42 1,033 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    ChiefGB wrote:
    Or a scout which seem to have dropped out the game somewhat, although Iím not fully familiar with all the pinnacle weapons.

Think this game is still top of the tree and is having yet another resurgence for me. Anthem was nice till it all fell apart at the end, and the loot wasnít great. Div 2 is just a bit uninspiring to play. For all the content itís all very narrow to play, has loads of loot but no character.

This game though has variety in game modes and being a hand cannon lover thereís been plenty of cool loot to chase. Catching up on the tail end of the armoury and the new drifter, xur bits and pieces, gambit gear and all the pinnacle weapons now on the table is giving me loads to work towards.
    Agree with this, there is so much great content.

However, maybe it's just me, but coming back into the game from even a break of a few weeks, it really doesn't explain what to do with the stuff like the Gambit synths.

*YES* I know that Destiny has ALWAYS been terrible at explaining stuff, and typically leant hard on YouTubers like Byff etc to fill in the gaps. But it does seem that everything is twice as complicated.

I mean, do I need to collect the Black Forge weapons? What the hell do I do with a Gambut synth? What are these mote tokens?

I prefer to play games that don't require a ton of homework ;-)
  • ozthegweat 26 Mar 2019 10:57:34 2,225 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    ChiefGB wrote:
    Think this game is still top of the tree and is having yet another resurgence for me. [Ö] This game though has variety in game modes and being a hand cannon lover thereís been plenty of cool loot to chase. Catching up on the tail end of the armoury and the new drifter, xur bits and pieces, gambit gear and all the pinnacle weapons now on the table is giving me loads to work towards.
    It really is a changed game. I managed to clear the milestones for all 3 characters almost every week during year 1, now it is almost overwhelming where to start. Forge activations, Blind Well, Gambit, Acendant Challenges, Heroic Story Missions, Heroic Adventures, tons of bounties and questsÖ

For my liking, I'm still climbing the power level ladder too quickly. Getting to 690 is a breeze, getting from 690 to 700 is tedious. I think it would be preferable to have a slower climb to 690, but make the last 10 levels go quicker.

Edited by ozthegweat at 10:58:11 26-03-2019
  • Malek86 26 Mar 2019 12:09:27 8,454 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    It didn't take me long to get to 690 (more or less two weeks), and in just another week I've also climbed quite fast (all my Prime engrams are 700 now, and powerful rewards are 698-699).

I imagine that within next Tuesday I'll be 700, barring some real bad luck with drops.

Mostly because, once you get used to all the weekly milestones, you learn to do several of them at once. In the last three weeks I've always managed to clear the entire director, and I don't even play outside of evenings except for the weekend.
  • eleven63 26 Mar 2019 13:54:47 2,494 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    @ozthegweat oops yes!
  • breakablepants 28 Mar 2019 10:49:34 1,033 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @switch024 mate - sorry to be a pain, but can you resend me the info for your clan's discord server? I just tried to log in after not playing D2 for a couple of months and it says the invite has expired...

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.