Destiny 2 - read first post for clan info Page 194

• Switch024 28 Mar 2019 11:02:22 3,376 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @breakablepants Sure, here you go - https://discord.gg/tT2uZgf

You'll need to apply to join the clan in-game again if you haven't done so already. We have a clear out of inactive members every month.
  • breakablepants 28 Mar 2019 12:03:18 1,029 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Switch024 cheers :-)

Yeah, I didn't properly sort it all out last time, then had a break for RDR. Now back on D2 and wanting to do all the raids and stuff I've missed!
  • Malek86 28 Mar 2019 12:11:40 8,442 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Well, I should go up to 700 today. The only slot I still have at 699 is the energy weapons slot, and I can pick up an auto rifle bounty from Ada to make sure it will drop (luckily you can't get any kinetic auto rifles from the Forge).

Now I just have to find the time to grind the Corrupted NF for that pulse rifle drop...

Edited by Malek86 at 12:12:08 28-03-2019
  • ozthegweat 28 Mar 2019 13:17:07 2,217 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Leak for Destiny 3:
    - the pyramid ships arrive, are a darkness-related enemy called The Veil
    - The Veil want to use the Traveler's light to resurrect a Darkness God that the Traveler killed
    - 4 maps: Europa, Venus, Chicago, pyramid ship (Dreaming City 2.0)
    - a second, more sketchy-sounding leak with stuff like a 12-player raid, Cabal and Fallen being our allies
  • Malek86 28 Mar 2019 17:12:02 8,442 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Not sure if I should trust any leaks (probably won't), but I wonder when D3 will come out. Right after the last DLC season maybe? That would make it just two years of D2. And would mean a very quick release after an announcement, maybe at E3.

Either way... I guess I'll be in for the ride. I've come this far already.
  • eleven63 1 Apr 2019 20:08:04 2,489 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    @Malek86 Weren't there rumours that D3 would be a launch title for the next Play Station (PS5?).

Edited by eleven63 at 10:58:32 04-04-2019
  • breakablepants 3 Apr 2019 11:51:19 1,029 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I would imagine that Bungie will announce something big at E3, possibly in conjunction with Sony at their press conference.

Since getting the game back from Activision they have not really shared any roadmap details, and E3 is the logical event to do that. Plus, Sony will want to keep pushing as much exclusive content as possible, so I can completely see them do a "first on PS4" reveal.

I'd be surprised if Sony did say something about PS5, purely because there is a lot of life left in the PS4. Maybe they announce all PS4's will have the spec of the Pro.

Destiny on PSVR anyone?
  • Dave_McCoy 9 Apr 2019 16:36:32 3,134 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Would any of the chaps on here be interested in some friendly sherpa-ing through raids for those that don't have enough people to make up a raid? I remember we did it for Taken King and was fun and managed to get those people who hadn't had chance through a bit of 'locked off' content.

Any interest? I haven't even done Leviathan and I'm light 684. I was thinking about the guided games option but thought might be nice to try it a little less 'random'. I heard it can be quite toxic at times. Also, Leviathan has no guided game now either.

Edited by Dave_McCoy at 16:36:53 09-04-2019
  • JonFE 9 Apr 2019 17:54:27 1,930 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    @Dave_McCoy I still haven't done any of the raids (or nightfall strikes for that matter) and I'd love to try them out.

I'm on Xbox (GT: TeoJon) if you or anyone else is interested.
  • Malek86 11 Apr 2019 12:02:17 8,442 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Oh wow, the next three-weeks event is gonna have a kinetic fusion rifle as reward. Looks like I got my reason to grind.
  • ozthegweat 11 Apr 2019 21:02:07 2,217 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I have to say, the quest viewer that Destiny 1 had (and still has today) is so much nicer than the shitty pursuits tab that isn't sorted by recency and also has some non-pursuits that belong somewhere else like consumables.
  • Dave_McCoy 12 Apr 2019 22:39:31 3,134 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    The Pursuits tab can be ordered by 'newest', 'rarity' and 'quantity'. So it can be ordered by the ones you have picked up more recently. Quite right on a couple of things that should be consumables though.
  • eleven63 17 Apr 2019 08:51:14 2,489 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Played a round of the new Revelry game mode last night (a new take on Verdant Forest?).

And cleared 25 levels... Thought I was being carried, but it seems this is the norm.

Gets kinda dull after level 15 or so.
  • ozthegweat 17 Apr 2019 11:23:26 2,217 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Dave_McCoy wrote:
    The Pursuits tab can be ordered by 'newest', 'rarity' and 'quantity'. So it can be ordered by the ones you have picked up more recently. Quite right on a couple of things that should be consumables though.
    Yes, but it's not a permanent setting. When you exit the menu and then re-enter it's again sorted by rarity (which makes no sense at all for a quest log).

Edited by ozthegweat at 11:23:49 17-04-2019
  • Malek86 17 Apr 2019 11:31:14 8,442 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Yeah, the Verdant Forest isn't great. Could be improved, but for now it's too easy to get through. Yesterday we got to 100 branches (!!) with no sign of ever finishing, so in the end I just quit. To take care of the bosses you really only need 20 branches or so. I think people will eventually understand that and simply stop running after getting that far.

Still, with another couple runs I easily took care of many of the forest-related triumphs. I'm sure I can get the exotic weapon (just two more triumphs), and maybe even the other triumphs... maybe. Depending on whether I feel like grinding Gambit and the daily bounties.

Also: Sentinel with Doom Fang Pauldrons, then chug a grenade potion, and the super will last through all five of the bosses.

Edited by Malek86 at 11:34:49 17-04-2019
  • Malek86 17 Apr 2019 13:21:06 8,442 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    In retrospect... those Crucible and Gambit bounties are a bit too slow to level up, and I don't wanna deal with the daily quests. Guess I'll stick to the exotic weapon triumph.
  • JonFE 17 Apr 2019 13:42:21 1,930 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Does anyone know if the new exotic fusion rifle is obtainable once per account or per character? The crimson day's vow bow being once per account made me lose interest real quick (as soon as I got it).

Edited by JonFE at 13:42:33 17-04-2019
  • eleven63 17 Apr 2019 19:49:39 2,489 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    @Malek86 I'll try that load out, cheers.

But the grind for the gun?! Bollocks.
  • Malek86 17 Apr 2019 20:20:45 8,442 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @JonFE exotics can always be claimed from the collection, right?
  • ChiefGB 17 Apr 2019 22:58:09 10,685 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    So I managed to pick up the powerful helmet drop and accidentally delete it whilst absent mindedly deleting shaders. Which was nice.

The event itself isnít all that though sadly.
  • Malek86 18 Apr 2019 06:17:54 8,442 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    The event is kinda boring. Once I get that exotic, I'm out. Just any one triumph left. Besides, I have almost zero time for games these days. My job is getting worse every year.

But all of Season of the Drifter in general has been boring, since I don't care much for Gambit or Gambit Prime. I'm more or less done with Reckoning, just need to get the last triumph for killing shadow thrall. As for Gambit, I intended to play just enough to get the pinnacle machine gun, but if my progress can be kept between seasons, then I don't need to rush it. Only thing I need to make sure is that I reset my Infamy rank, but the PvE bounties should make that easy enough. Only 3000 points left with more than one month to go.

With some luck, the next season will be more focused on solo activities.

Edited by Malek86 at 06:19:03 18-04-2019
  • eleven63 18 Apr 2019 21:45:48 2,489 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Malek86 wrote:
    The event is kinda boring. Once I get that exotic, I'm out. Just any one triumph left. Besides, I have almost zero time for games these days. My job is getting worse every year.

But all of Season of the Drifter in general has been boring, since I don't care much for Gambit or Gambit Prime. I'm more or less done with Reckoning, just need to get the last triumph for killing shadow thrall. As for Gambit, I intended to play just enough to get the pinnacle machine gun, but if my progress can be kept between seasons, then I don't need to rush it. Only thing I need to make sure is that I reset my Infamy rank, but the PvE bounties should make that easy enough. Only 3000 points left with more than one month to go.

With some luck, the next season will be more focused on solo activities.
    This! Gambit is dull, Crucible is geared towards those who can/have the time to grind exotics (I get the challenge). I basically play for PvE. Forge was good in parts.

But there is always something to do.

And I just got the pour a cup of tea emote.

Happy.
  • Malek86 24 Apr 2019 11:36:20 8,442 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I'm almost done with this season. Aside from single player activities, I just need to farm the Corrupted Nightfall strike to get that pulse rifle drop.

Good thing too, because the LFG on PC is looking like a ghost town lately. I'm not even sure if I can find anyone to farm the Nightfall before the week ends.
  • Pipedream 30 Apr 2019 16:49:42 471 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Iíve never played D2 and Iíve thinking about buying for the Xbox but I canít find the Forsaken version anywhere for a decent price.

Buying it secondhand could be an option but is the DLC on the disk or on a code?
  • Malek86 1 May 2019 12:57:00 8,442 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I finally have my 21% Delirium. That took way too long.

It also means I can finally pull out of this game until the next DLC hits. I only need to log in for the weekly Ascendant Challenge (hopefully the ghost shell will drop soon), plus the last Blind Well in two weeks for the final lore entry.

Edited by Malek86 at 12:58:02 01-05-2019
  • eleven63 1 May 2019 21:47:35 2,489 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    @Pipedream - I'm sure you can get this on disk. I'm really enjoying D2, and this is the type of game I've never really enjoyed.

Nothing great happens until you reach level 20, so a bit of a grind.

Then the world is your oyster.

(I still don't really understand what is going on...).
  • breakablepants 2 May 2019 15:41:33 1,029 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Pipedream wrote:
    Iíve never played D2 and Iíve thinking about buying for the Xbox but I canít find the Forsaken version anywhere for a decent price.

Buying it secondhand could be an option but is the DLC on the disk or on a code?
    It might be that you'll need to buy the DLC via the XBox store, meaning you could just buy a 2nd hand copy of the base game. The DLC was digital anyway.

Once the new DLC drops, I would assume they will bundle all the existing stuff into it for free, so if you've never played Destiny before maybe just start with the base game to see if you like the style and gameplay, and then invest in the DLC if you think it's worth it?
  • Malek86 7 May 2019 22:18:28 8,442 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Oh boy. New exotic quest is available. You can get it in the daily Titan adventure.

Then you gotta find some stuff around the world, play a really hard mission, and apparently the reward should be Outbreak Prime.

It's too late today for me, but tomorrow when I get back from work I know what I'm doing.

Edited by Malek86 at 22:20:12 07-05-2019
  • breakablepants 8 May 2019 13:25:18 1,029 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Malek86 wrote:
    Oh boy. New exotic quest is available. You can get it in the daily Titan adventure.

Then you gotta find some stuff around the world, play a really hard mission, and apparently the reward should be Outbreak Prime.

It's too late today for me, but tomorrow when I get back from work I know what I'm doing.
    cheers for that Malek! Might give it a go tonight as well :-)
  • Malek86 8 May 2019 22:02:17 8,442 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Got that exotic!

The mission is hard, but actually pretty fun. We managed with almost two minutes to spare.

Just like the Whisper mission, you also gotta complete an heroic version in order to get the weapon catalyst, and unlike the Whisper mission, it actually changes the map layout a lot. We tried, but the jumping puzzle is longer and a lot less intuitive. I got a good feel of it, but it might take a while before I manage to complete it.

Well, it's just what I needed.

Edited by Malek86 at 22:02:49 08-05-2019

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.