Destiny 2 - read first post for clan info Page 197

• ChiefGB 5 Jun 2019 20:45:56 11,445 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Itís at least tied to the triumphs to begin with but most likely tied into the value of the chalice rewards in some way. Itís obviously not all that well laid out though.
  • ChiefGB 5 Jun 2019 22:21:00 11,445 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    This £10 version on shopto, doesnít include the recent season pass and is only on PS4 for that price fwiw.
  • eleven63 5 Jun 2019 23:11:34 2,543 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    @Dave_McCoy See you have been accepted. Nice one!
  • Malek86 6 Jun 2019 06:04:57 8,923 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @ChiefGB you get them via bounties, and also as one-time rewards for completing triumphs. Seems like one of the upgrades lets you get imperials from other activities, but only as a rare drop.

Menagerie is fun, but I still need to understand what are the loss conditions. Several bounties and triumphs talk of "successful Menagerie runs", so there must be a way to lose.

Maybe it's like the old Mercury Heroic adventures: if you fail, you still get the rewards, but not as many as if you had won.
  • ChiefGB 6 Jun 2019 10:52:39 11,445 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I canít seem to do a second run as it tells me Iím not eligible, do I have to buy my way in somehow.

This is all really not very well communicated

Edited by ChiefGB at 10:53:21 06-06-2019
  • Malek86 6 Jun 2019 11:19:39 8,923 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @ChiefGB I did a second run just fine. Maybe you need to slot a rune in the chalice first. You can find it in the pursuits tab.

Edited by Malek86 at 11:20:02 06-06-2019
  • breakablepants 6 Jun 2019 11:41:51 1,067 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Malek86 wrote:
    @ChiefGB you get them via bounties, and also as one-time rewards for completing triumphs. Seems like one of the upgrades lets you get imperials from other activities, but only as a rare drop.

Menagerie is fun, but I still need to understand what are the loss conditions. Several bounties and triumphs talk of "successful Menagerie runs", so there must be a way to lose.

Maybe it's like the old Mercury Heroic adventures: if you fail, you still get the rewards, but not as many as if you had won.
    The triumphs for successful runs will be awarded for completions of each specific encounters within the time limit. I hear that there will be a Heroic version of the Menagerie where every encounter needs to be beaten before the timer runs out.

As for the bar at the top, I assumed that the marker shows what the possible maximum score from a particular encounter is, and therefore how close to filling up the full bar (and getting to the end boss) you theoretically are.
  • breakablepants 6 Jun 2019 11:47:46 1,067 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    ChiefGB wrote:
    I canít seem to do a second run as it tells me Iím not eligible, do I have to buy my way in somehow.

What Malek said - you can do as many runs as you have runes, you just need to go into the Chalice and add them to the slots each time.

There is also currently a cheese on the end chest - if you simply run out of the room and basically do a loop of the whole menagerie - i.e. retrace your steps to the first encounter and back again - when you get back to the chest it will be closed, and if you go back into the pursuits menu and put new runes into the Chalice slots the chest will open and drop another reward.

It's not that useful as for now the drops are limited to a submachine gun, sniper and bond/cloak. It'll probably be fixed next week anyway.
  • AaronTurner 6 Jun 2019 12:04:08 11,268 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    ChiefGB wrote:

If you don't have the annual pass you can only do it once.
  • ChiefGB 6 Jun 2019 13:04:25 11,445 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It seems I had to upgrade the power and efficiency which has given me one more powerful reward. Iím all paid up so far so it want that.
  • Dave_McCoy 6 Jun 2019 15:39:31 3,136 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    F2P Destiny?? Not sure what to think of that! I hope purchasers get free Bright Dust etc
  • Stan546 6 Jun 2019 16:25:14 1,144 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Alright so I think it's time I got into Destiny, not because it's going F2P, I have it on PS4, but I'm hoping it currently has some decent end game content.

How is the raiding at end game? I loved Destiny 1, but it annoyed me there was only ever 1 viable Raid to grind each week, is there enough reason to keep running old raids? Or do they become totally obsolete after each expansion like in Destiny 1?

I like a bit of hardcore raiding on Destiny, really enjoyed 1. Hoping 2 has improved the raiding aspect.
  • Dave_McCoy 6 Jun 2019 18:28:08 3,136 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    There are several raids but I think they do become obsolete unless you are after a piece of gear or grinding Triumphs. Saying that, I have never done one so even overpowered I would still do the older ones. You will need a clan or 5 willing friends.

There is also the 'mini dungeon' that comes round every so often that's playable with 3. I would like more of those in the future.
  • Malek86 6 Jun 2019 19:02:27 8,923 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    The expansions have a lot of worthy content. Problem is, they are all only available to paying players, so the user base can be a little lacking sometimes, especially on PC. Finding people to play a Forge that isn't Volundr or Bergusia can take a while sometimes.

The only activities that will be boosted by the new F2P model will be those from year 1, so that's one raid, two raid lairs, and stuff like the Crucible and Strikes and Heroic adventures. Not sure if Gambit will be included.

Still, more people is always good. Some will buy the expansions too.
  • Zomoniac 6 Jun 2019 20:49:12 10,050 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Announcement of cross save makes me very happy.
  • b-rk 6 Jun 2019 21:07:18 974 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Oh no, I've started playing this time vampire again. Oh god...

Edited by b-rk at 21:08:05 06-06-2019

edit

cross save is bloody welcome!

Edited by b-rk at 21:09:48 06-06-2019
  • Daz190uk 6 Jun 2019 22:22:40 381 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Perfect announcement for me.

Want to move from Xbox to PC so will just hang on for cross save now. Hopefully the comment above around population isn't the case by September!
  • ozthegweat 7 Jun 2019 14:02:27 2,314 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Well, at least they'll bring back one map and the first mission from D1Ö

I like this new ŗ la carte model. I hope this enables them to bring D1 content (raid, strikes, mapsÖ) to D2.
  • tonyferrino 7 Jun 2019 15:58:04 323 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    This is probably a silly question, but have they clarified whether content is cross platform? Eg I have Forsaken on PS4 but not PC. Could I play Forsaken content on PC too, or just go to the locations? Or do I have to go back to PS4 for those, but the rewards carry over to the PC?
  • ChiefGB 7 Jun 2019 18:16:16 11,445 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I see little chance of content transfer beyond first year (which sounds like you get free) I imagine the platform holders still want their cut of the pie.
    Well theyíve not specifically mentioned content transfer so I think you can guess what that means.......
  • Malek86 7 Jun 2019 19:16:25 8,923 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    So what happens if I transfer my Forsaken character to the PS4 free to play version? Technically, the increased power cap should only apply to Forsaken owners.
  • ChiefGB 7 Jun 2019 22:59:54 11,445 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    On the livestream they said they are currently considering people on the free version starting at 750, this is probably in part why, although they did say they were still playing with the numbers.
  • binky Moderator 10 Jun 2019 14:31:00 10,970 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Really tempted to grab the Forsaken pack on Xbox having skipped D2 on release (and having played a LOT of D1 since launch).

For those still playing, how does it currently play? Is it in a good place now? I heard horror stories around launch which stopped me jumping in.

I know there's a F2P model coming, but it sounds like the year 1 stuff was a bit naff anyway?
  • SolidSCB 10 Jun 2019 14:45:08 11,573 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    The annual pass is currently £11.99 (or was on Saturday) for this on PSN btw. I've finally taken the plunge. Should keep me going until September.
  • binky Moderator 10 Jun 2019 15:23:47 10,970 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Would the annual pass get me into all of the Forsaken content when the F2P stuff hits in September? It's quite confusing from the outside.

I can either get the annual pass + wait for F2P in September at a cost of £13 on xbox. Grab the complete Forsaken bundle at £35, or the Shadowwotsit pack preorder at £35 - but it's unclear to me whether than would get me the stuff that's gone before or not.
  • JonFE 10 Jun 2019 15:24:21 1,946 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    @binky I think you'll find a lot of the launch problems were about the endgame content and I believe that has been fixed with the Forsaken DLC. Speaking for myself, I'm still playing this on the XBox more than I want to admit and I plan to get the Shadowkeep DLC when it launches, so I'm not stopping any time soon...

EDIT: I was typing this before your next question, so it may seem irrelevant - sorry about that.

EDIT2: Going by the Shadowkeep store page, getting this doesn't include the Forsaken DLC, only the base game, Curse of Osiris and Warmind (the first two expansions):
    Pre-order Destiny 2: Shadowkeep and receive Destiny 2, Curse of Osiris, and Warmind to begin playing today.
    Edited by JonFE at 15:30:33 10-06-2019
  • binky Moderator 10 Jun 2019 16:47:14 10,970 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Hmm, youíre right. I canít tell if the annual pass thing has forsaken though? As in would the best route be preorder the shadowkeep and get the other pass for £13?
  • JonFE 10 Jun 2019 17:07:47 1,946 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I think the annual pass you see at £13 goes on top of the actual Forsaken DLC, which could at some point be purchased alone. So, unless someone knows better, you must purchase the complete Forsaken collection at £35.99 at the moment, in order to have the DLC. According to the annual pass store page:

Content in the Forsaken Annual Pass may be sold separately. Destiny 2 game, Destiny 2 Expansions I & II, Forsaken required, sold separately.
    so I don't think that's the way to go in your case. Don't know what could happen once it goes F2P though...
  • binky Moderator 10 Jun 2019 18:56:20 10,970 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    @JonFE thanks for helping :)
  • JonFE 11 Jun 2019 09:34:39 1,946 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    @binky You're welcome. If you decide to get it on Xbox, give me a shout - I could use some company :)

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.