Destiny 2 - read first post for clan info Page 198

• TitanWarlord93 12 Jun 2019 00:10:51 384 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Late to the party but hyped for the Shadowkeep release. I will get it on PC for the first time. I'm breaking up with my PlayStation for this.
  • hypoBla5t 14 Jun 2019 15:45:17 2,289 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Afternoon all. Played the hell out of D1, finished the campaign of D2 but not played any expansions. Just picked up Forsaken. Where should I start?
  • SolidSCB 14 Jun 2019 15:54:36 11,415 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    From the beginning.

But nah, just do the story missions. There's quite a bit there and a couple of new areas to unlock through them, the latter of which will keep you busy for ages.
  • hypoBla5t 14 Jun 2019 15:59:19 2,289 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @SolidSCB

Roger, thanks man, Iíll start up with the first expansion. Enjoyed the campaign of D2 more than D1 tbh.
  • SolidSCB 14 Jun 2019 16:14:11 11,415 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    The main missions were pretty good but I played through on my Titan recently to get up to date and the lack of Sparrow makes it utterly tedious.
  • ozthegweat 14 Jun 2019 18:31:02 2,266 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Why don't you simply transfer a sparrow from another character?
  • Malek86 14 Jun 2019 19:16:53 8,741 posts
    Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Three seasons later, I still say the biggest problem in Destiny 2 is the way they manage daily bounties. It's annoying that I need to complete a bounty in 24 hours or lose all progress on it. Even worse when weekly bounties require completions of daily bounties. It has forced me to play more than I would want to, in several occasions.

They should change them to be like D1 again: no time limit, but you couldn't get the same bounty twice until you finished the one already in progress.
  • ozthegweat 14 Jun 2019 23:08:30 2,266 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    That is indeed annoying. At least you only have to complete them within 24 hours, but can wait to redeem them indefinitely. I simply put off acquiring the weekly bounties that require you to complete daily bounties until I have enough daily bounties.
  • TitanWarlord93 15 Jun 2019 00:17:05 384 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I only tend to pick up daily bounties if it is part of a requirement of a weekly bounty/bounties, quest or Ikora for powerful gear. Yeah it sucks that bounties now have a time limit. D1 wasn't like that at all when it launched.
  • Malek86 15 Jun 2019 06:02:48 8,741 posts
    Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Is there even a point to the MIDA combo anymore? It made sense before Forsaken, when you could only have two primary weapons, so a long range scout rifle and a short range submachine gun was a good choice. But now, I can't imagine sacrificing a special weapon for one of the mini-tools.

I guess it could still be good in the crucible, but high damage scout rifle seem to be favored now. Actually, pulse rifles make scout rifles irrelevant, but nevermind that for now.

Edited by Malek86 at 06:03:16 15-06-2019
  • SolidSCB 15 Jun 2019 11:50:29 11,415 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    ozthegweat wrote:
    Why don't you simply transfer a sparrow from another character?
    Please, please don't tell me it displayed as locked simply because I didn't have one until the reward at the end and I could have just transferred one over 🤦‍♂️

This is my Half Life hovercraft moment, isn't it?
  • ChiefGB 15 Jun 2019 15:20:52 11,330 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    You can transfer them over, Iím fairly sure I did just that.
  • SolidSCB 15 Jun 2019 16:52:01 11,415 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Well fuck me sideways.
  • ChiefGB 15 Jun 2019 17:05:09 11,330 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    So.....blackout this week

That was clever wasnít it 🙄 anyway managed to get the truth quest underway.
  • binky Moderator 19 Jun 2019 14:48:41 10,969 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Just played through the Red War campaign for the first time. Really good fun. Much better than the campaign in D1.

I find some of the graphics really odd in this though. Sometimes they look amazing, and other areas and assets don't seem as good as Destiny 1.
  • eleven63 27 Jun 2019 08:37:30 2,529 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Heads up - the Destiny 2 servers will be down for 12 hours, from 4pm (BST) today.
  • TitanWarlord93 27 Jun 2019 09:35:32 384 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    If I'm correct the maintenance is something to do with the cross save feature for when Shadowkeep arrives.
  • breakablepants 27 Jun 2019 10:50:58 1,063 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    down all evening?? Annoying, but maybe the enforced break will do me good :-)
  • binky Moderator 27 Jun 2019 11:08:00 10,969 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Keep meaning to ask - is the awful load time for the "pause" menus just for me, or does everyone get that? Seems to take ages to pull up the maps/gear screens.
  • ChiefGB 27 Jun 2019 12:14:08 11,330 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yes, itís got worse over time, I think d2 is here to stay so god knows how it will be coping in a year.
  • [maven] 27 Jun 2019 13:53:24 5,636 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    It seems a lot worse with an HDD compared to an SSD (on consoles at least). But from what I've heard, yeah, it's a bit annoying.
  • Malek86 27 Jun 2019 18:27:28 8,741 posts
    Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    No trouble for me here but I noticed many more framerate drops during heavy action lately. However, I could also just chalk that up to the insane heat. The GPU must be struggling - it's one of those reference cards with horrible coolers (last time I buy one of those).

I must admit also that I haven't noticed any real jump in speed when I switched the game over to the SSD. Even back on the HDD it was still fairly immediate, and my 8 years old HDD must pretty slow compared to the modern average.
  • Malek86 30 Jul 2019 23:04:57 8,741 posts
    Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    So, the Moments of Triumph and Solstice of Heroes.

Grindy as usual, I must admit, but seems doable. Calus boons bounties can be annoying though (since you cannot die while completing them). And the new EAZ activity seems like Bungie's take on wide arena PvE.

The plus side is that you get a glimpse of the new armor system if you can masterwork the Solstice gear. Shouldn't take too long... hopefully.
  • Bichii 31 Jul 2019 08:34:54 1,893 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I swear bungie have no ideas, well no decent ones. I recently got the season pass because it's cheap and a friend's still play.

My god everything new is dull as fuck and the worst of the worst type grind. Nothing exciting just the most boring ideas on how to make players play longer.

I've been off for eight months and enjoyed lots of incredible games with incredible ideas. Destiny has good gun play. Nearly everything else is shit. Zzzz.
  • SolidSCB 31 Jul 2019 10:17:10 11,415 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I honestly haven't looked back since picking up Forsaken earlier this year. I'm still catching up with the season pass and have about 2 pages of pursuits, a lot of which are exotic bounties, to chase. This is how it should have launched really.

We just finished Last Wish the other night. Hands down the best raid since Vault of Glass. Really looking forward to doing the other 2 and getting most of it boxed off before Shadowkeep.

Maybe I'd have felt differently if I'd been keeping up to date. I think Gambit is pretty naff and probably would have been a bit disappointed waiting for new content and then being given that, but as it is it's just a little extra to dip into for the odd bounty or whatever, just like Crucible always has been.
  • bbvDJC 31 Jul 2019 13:52:20 2,011 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Still catching up as well after picking up Forsaken about two weeks ago, it still has the best gunplay of any FPS on the market currently which I think is what keeps me playing.

Me and a few friends are planning on doing the raids this week and I'll be super happy if any of them get close to how good VoG was.
  • SolidSCB 31 Jul 2019 14:37:11 11,415 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Truthfully I think Last Wish is actually equal to or better than VoG. VoG will always be special and my personal favourite, but Last Wish mechanically is probably the best co-op activity I've ever played.
  • Malek86 31 Jul 2019 15:08:39 8,741 posts
    Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Got to the second stage of armor refreshing (that took a lot of playing today). As expected, it's grindier than the first stage. I also took a glance at the masterworking objectives and they seem kinda annoying... but I guess just like last year, I really only need to master one piece, not the whole set. So whatever.

Also, I have to say this: they should put the item lore in the preview window again.
  • Malek86 1 Aug 2019 09:29:35 8,741 posts
    Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    By the way, all these new larger maps are getting heavy. When jumping around on top of the buildings in the EAZ, my framerate plummets to the 40s...
  • b-rk 1 Aug 2019 10:32:18 948 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Bichii wrote:
    I swear bungie have no ideas, well no decent ones. I recently got the season pass because it's cheap and a friend's still play.

My god everything new is dull as fuck and the worst of the worst type grind. Nothing exciting just the most boring ideas on how to make players play longer.

I've been off for eight months and enjoyed lots of incredible games with incredible ideas. Destiny has good gun play. Nearly everything else is shit. Zzzz.
    my problem with the dlc stuff is it's overly mp focused, i managed to get a lot of enjoyment from the base game lone wolfing it, finally tried the forge stuff and it is timed team-up bullshit. and making a dlc based around gambit? fuck off, bungie.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.