Destiny 2 - read first post for clan info Page 199

• Ceelion 15 Aug 2019 10:41:48 515 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    So I've started playing Destiny whenever I can.

I used to be very active in the GAC - AURA clan, but I had a big bit of life hit me in the face in terms of a tiny baby, and I was removed due to inactivity. Understandable at the end of it all.

Are there any PS4 clans that wouldn't mind someone joining up who may or may not be online and active 100% of the time?
  • Malek86 15 Aug 2019 14:03:50 8,755 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    The new Bungie stream showed the new armor system in detail. It seems like a mix of D1 and D2, plus much more customizability for the armor perks. We also saw some interesting things, like an increased glimmer cap (250k now), a seasonal power bonus that depends on gethering exp after reaching the cap.

Also, there's going to be a series of blog posts from Luke Smith (currently we're at 1 of 3) explaining what worked and what didn't work in Year 2, and how they are going to make things different in Year 3.

One thing he touched on is the over-reliance damage stacking that means some classes become too necessary to the meta-game. So I wonder if all those Wells of Radiance and Banner Shields and Melting Points will be tweaked to become less powerful in the future.
  • eleven63 15 Aug 2019 23:26:07 2,529 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    @Ceelion Try - Kings of the North - like you I can't commit to gaming. Very easy going group. Suites me just fine!
  • Malek86 16 Aug 2019 09:42:44 8,755 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    So, the game usually runs at 60fps for me, but in various situations it will drop down to 40-50fps.

I wasn't sure whether it's the CPU or GPU, so I tried with the usual Radeon Overlay, since Bungie still doesn't like Rivatuner and all that stuff. The overlay shows GPU usage at 100% during high stress areas, and CPU usage usually lower, so I can only assume the GPU is the problem.

Thing is, reducing the resolution or settings doesn't seem to help any. While increasing RAM frequency to 2666mhz does help. Maybe the overlay is messed up?

Edited by Malek86 at 09:46:43 16-08-2019
  • ozthegweat 19 Aug 2019 10:01:48 2,267 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I was grinding the Solstice armour last weekend, and had to play a lot of Gambit.
    It is staggering how many bad players there are in Gambit. Every second or third match I collected nearly double the motes than my other three teammates combined. So many players still running around Ė some even with 15 motes! Ė from spawn to spawn even when the Drifter said "ready to summon the Primevil, bank those motes!" for the fourth time. Or they invade the second the portal is active, even if the opposing team hasn't any unbanked motes or made a dent yet in the Primevil.

Oh and constantly getting matched against 3- or 4-person fireteams of course.
  • TitanWarlord93 19 Aug 2019 10:15:03 385 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Oh yeah. Every time I play Gambit with randomers I can't believe the sheer ignorance when been told to bank motes to summon primeval they are still running around picking more motes up. The worst bit I've seen is players invading still with motes in hand rather than banking it.

I also agree matchmaking could do with a revamp.
  • Malek86 19 Aug 2019 10:34:01 8,755 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I wonder how many people are "ruining" Gambit not because they are actually bad players, but because they are focusing on some bounty or quest rather than playing to win.

I know I've had a few matches where I've not played optimally because I was pursuing a specific goal, for example having to kill a number of guardians or focusing on medals. The bounty for picking up motes can also be annoying if you're close to the end of a match and you still haven't managed to get it. Bounties having a time limit and completely wiping your progress after the deadline also adds to the issue, if they were infinite like in D1 there would be less pressure.

That's why I really dislike the current Crucible and Gambit pinnacle weapons - it would force me to use a bow and sniper rifle all the time (which I don't like, so I've decided not to bother).

I just don't play much Gambit nowadays, but it would be good if - for example - you could get some of the bounties from Reckoning too.

Edited by Malek86 at 10:37:58 19-08-2019
  • JonFE 19 Aug 2019 12:12:25 1,944 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I have to admit I cannot muster any will to participate in the Solstice event and that gives me second thoughts about Shadowkeep. I wanted to familiarize myself with the new systems, but the thought of logging on every night and facing a wall of pursuits I know I won't complete is not enticing :|
  • SolidSCB 19 Aug 2019 12:14:23 11,420 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    The only reason I ever touch Gambit with a barge pole is for bounties. I know to cash in notes when told, but by and large I'm doing my own thing within the confines of a team game and looking to get out as soon as humanly possible.

I honestly think there should be separate PvP/PvE loot pools. My next goal is the get 25 precision kills for Ace of Spades, which means I'm going to be running around pissing a team of randoms off because I'm going 0.25 with the peashooter I have to use to get something I'm only interested in using for PvE.
  • ozthegweat 19 Aug 2019 13:53:42 2,267 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    SolidSCB wrote:
    My next goal is the get 25 precision kills for Ace of Spades, which means I'm going to be running around pissing a team of randoms off because I'm going 0.25 with the peashooter I have to use to get something I'm only interested in using for PvE.
    I'm at the same point. Precision kills with hand cannons in the Crucible, where everyone is machinegun-sniping, shotgunning, titanfisting and teamshotting. Oh joy.
  • SolidSCB 19 Aug 2019 15:15:26 11,420 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Yeah, I've had the step for about 3 weeks now and know fine and well it's going to be an evening of pure suffering.
  • ozthegweat 19 Aug 2019 18:10:54 2,267 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    They could change it to behave like one of the Solstice armour objectives, where anyone on your fireteam can contribute to that goal. Oh well.
  • Daz190uk 19 Aug 2019 22:20:36 379 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    For those that play on PC - how active is it and do you have any trouble finding groups, particularly for raids?

I'm liking the idea of 60fps for Shadowkeep now we have cross save and might move over from Xbox One X. A bit concerned it will be full of non-English speakers though, I tend to find that a lot more on PC compared to Xbox.
  • Malek86 29 Aug 2019 20:49:12 8,755 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Reading the latest few blog posts on Bungie's site, it looks like Destiny 2 is gonna change a whole lot next month.

Apparently they are introducing battle passes. As someone who doesn't play Fortnite or Apex Legends, this is completely new to me. It also looks like seasons will be shorter. They said the development team got burned out keeping up with the content stream in Year 2, so I imagine there will be less new content in each season? I suppose the artifact climb will keep players busy from now on.

It also looks like free players will get a lot of stuff. Essentially, season pass players will get new matchmade activities and lots of exotic and legendary gear, but free players should still get pretty much everything else.

Overall, exciting stuff. It looks like they might solve the basic problem with the game - essentially, right now, once you reach the power cap, there's no reason to play anything other than the activities that will give you the item/bounty/quest you are aiming for. The ranks should take care of that.

Edited by Malek86 at 20:54:28 29-08-2019
  • sherpa1984 29 Aug 2019 21:37:34 802 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Daz190uk wrote:
    For those that play on PC - how active is it and do you have any trouble finding groups, particularly for raids?

I'm liking the idea of 60fps for Shadowkeep now we have cross save and might move over from Xbox One X. A bit concerned it will be full of non-English speakers though, I tend to find that a lot more on PC compared to Xbox.
    No-one will use chat in-game but the reddit Destiny 2 LFG server is massively populated, so everyone uses that to make groups for raids and NF.
  • Malek86 4 Sep 2019 20:43:46 8,755 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Bungie just announced that all Forsaken owners will get the Y2 annual pass for free starting from September 17th.

Essentially, it looks like they want to wipe the slate clean with the old DLC model. So, considering the free New Light and this news, one could now catch up to everything D2 simply by buying vanilla Forsaken.

By the by, the price for Forsaken Complete (includes all Year 1 and Year 2 content) has also been permanently reduced to 25 euro on all platforms. So there's that option too.

Edited by Malek86 at 20:45:24 04-09-2019
  • TitanWarlord93 4 Sep 2019 21:44:10 385 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Good deal for those who have yet played D2 from the start. I can see they wanted to refresh and start catering those who are new to D2 with New Light and then once settled there is the option to buy Shadowkeep and either get the Deluxe Edition with all seasons or around £10 each per season.

Already got both Shadowkeep preorders for PS4 and PC so looking forward to the new expansion :)
  • Malek86 4 Sep 2019 21:55:59 8,755 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I'll preorder on the 10th. Don't mind me, payday and all.

I don't usually preorder games, but since I know I'd be buying at launch anyway... well, might as well throw in some preorder bonuses then.

Edited by Malek86 at 21:56:33 04-09-2019
  • Bichii 4 Sep 2019 23:00:18 1,894 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I'm enjoying how I play it these days. Couple of times a week for a bit. A nice filthy casual. I mainly play to raid with the occasional quick play for some last word/beloved stomping.
  • ozthegweat 8 Sep 2019 18:27:42 2,267 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    So with new armour 2.0 coming, is there any point in keeping any of the old armour pieces or am I missing something?

I have the Majestic Solstice armour that will be converted to 2.0Ö
  • Malek86 8 Sep 2019 20:38:45 8,755 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    They addressed that in the Director's Cut blogs.

Hardcore players probably have a fully customized armor that specifically works best with their favorite setup. For them, armor 2.0 probably won't be quite as good at first. It's only once they get close to the power cap that they'll start finding better mods. Until then, it might be better to keep running your old armor.
  • ozthegweat 9 Sep 2019 07:26:12 2,267 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Ah OK, thanks. I'm definitely not hardcore, and I want some specific 2.0ified Y1 armour as soon as possbile.
  • ChiefGB 9 Sep 2019 09:20:56 11,338 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Iíve fallen away from this quite a bit this last few months. For me crosssave is bringing indecision as my pc runs better than my pro but canít do as high res/hdr etc nor do I have the pool of potential friends to play with.

Now I have to plant my flag in a particular format to go forward with (have vanilla on pc but everything so far on pro) and I canít seem to commit to either for another year. Usually by now Iíve paid and preordered but strangely Iím feeling a bit flat on it all.
  • breakablepants 9 Sep 2019 09:30:38 1,063 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    ChiefGB wrote:
    Usually by now Iíve paid and preordered but strangely Iím feeling a bit flat on it all.
    I feel exactly the same - first time since launch I have not committed - and I am not sure I will, unless they really pull something out of the bag. For me it's become too much about following the meta and less about having a space adventure with some mates. It's like a gaming form of a never-ending to-do list.

Will be really interested to see what you peeps think about it, maybe i'll get back into it, but very few of my mates are still on it, which does also make a big difference, as so much of the game now depends on fireteams.
  • ChiefGB 9 Sep 2019 09:38:13 11,338 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yeah get this also, however in fairness to bungee they tend to pull the big expansions off just fine. Still doesnít change some of the issues of course but youíll be able to play through the core content ok, end game and grinding will be where those problems come back.
  • Malek86 9 Sep 2019 11:19:27 8,755 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I'm not really feeling it either. However, I know it will be something that I'll play on and off for... pretty much the entire year, so I suppose the price is fair. Especially since it's cheaper than the previous expansion and annual pass.

Still, I imagine my days of grinding for hours a day are over.
  • ozthegweat 9 Sep 2019 17:10:01 2,267 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Are there any noticeable performance increases on the One X vs. the PS4 Pro, or any other reason one might choose the former over the latter?
  • ChiefGB 9 Sep 2019 23:45:45 11,338 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Less instances of dynamic res I believe.
  • Malek86 11 Sep 2019 08:46:01 8,755 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I'm wondering whether I should get the Season Pass or not.

Judging from the blog posts so far, it seems like the rewards aren't all that much. And the exclusive matchmade activities so far have been somewhat underwhelming. Ok, the Forges were good, but Reckoning and Menagerie were more irritating than not, and all activities in general suffered from a troublesome lack of players after the first few weeks honeymoon. Having weekly and daily bounties tied to those activities doesn't help much if you can't find a lot of players anyway.

Still... the usual excuse as before. Since the difference is just 25 euro, and considering I'll be playing this for an entire year, I'll take the bait this time. I almost never buy full priced games, anyway.

The first season pass comes free with Shadowkeep, so I expect to find more players than usual. Not to mention, if we're lucky, Steam will remove the regional server restriction. That should increase the players base at all hours as well.

Edited by Malek86 at 08:47:52 11-09-2019
  • ozthegweat 11 Sep 2019 09:28:21 2,267 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    What's the player base distribution like anyway, comparing PS4, Xbox and PC?

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.