Destiny 2 - read first post for clan info Page 204

• SolidSCB 5 Oct 2019 17:32:40 11,576 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I have to say, Scarlet Keep is one of the best strikes they've ever done. Right up there with some of the best from Destiny 1.

Looking forward to trying the raid blind later on.
  • its-H1ggyLTD 5 Oct 2019 17:34:57 215 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 2 months ago
    So i downloaded 2.

I finished the base campaign on 1.

If i'm only interested in story, is there any more 1 stuff i should play before i start 2?
  • Frogofdoom 5 Oct 2019 17:46:51 14,245 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Nothing massively important, you go into 2 being the hero that saved the day and its goes from there.
  • SolidSCB 5 Oct 2019 17:48:59 11,576 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Dark Below and King's Fall are the more important expansions from 1.

There are some pretty good YouTube videos out there if you search along the lines of "Destiny story so far" that can bring you up to speed if you can't be arsed with all that though.

Edited by SolidSCB at 17:49:16 05-10-2019
  • its-H1ggyLTD 5 Oct 2019 17:50:23 215 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 2 months ago
    I don't mind going back and playing if it's worth it.

Will check out some boy on youtube.

Cheers
  • SolidSCB 5 Oct 2019 17:53:14 11,576 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Dark Below is pretty wank from a gameplay standpoint, has the weakest raid of the series and pretty crumby content. Definitely go for a video or whatever of that one.

The Taken King is ace though. Top tier Destiny content and well worth playing.
  • Malek86 5 Oct 2019 18:42:34 8,926 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    The first encounter in the new raid is already looking pretty annoying.

I know by this time next week people will have found ways to clear the entire raid in 30 minutes, but still, I can't ever imagine actually going there blind.
  • SolidSCB 5 Oct 2019 19:04:52 11,576 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    The only one I've done it on is Crota's End, and honestly, it made what turned out to be one of their worst raids one of the most compelling that first time.
  • Malek86 5 Oct 2019 19:09:29 8,926 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Yeah, but VOG and CE were actually pretty easy, mechanics wise? It was usually just defending positions while the rest of the team did something else. I'm sure even I would have eventually found the way with some trial and error.

Can't say the same about Oryx's encounter, or Calus, or the entirety of Last Wish.
  • SolidSCB 5 Oct 2019 19:25:44 11,576 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    VoG certainly wasn't straightforward in parts, nor was the throne room in Crota's End.

Last Wish was complicated though, I'll give you that. I'd have thrown in the towel on Riven after about 2 tries.
  • b-rk 5 Oct 2019 19:30:28 974 posts
    Seen 47 seconds ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Had a prime engram drop after about 7 hours of Shadow Keep, honestly thought they were a thing of the past.
  • Malek86 5 Oct 2019 19:41:37 8,926 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    They don't drop until you get to 900 power, I think.

Probably gonna take a break from this livestream so I can see what the Vex Offensive is all about.
  • Malek86 5 Oct 2019 22:01:11 8,926 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Well, so Vex Offensive is... fun at first, but it got old by the second time already.

It's something between Escalation Protocol and Menagerie, with chests between stages and actual matchmaking. A mini-raid, kinda. The problem is that it's always the same mechanic, plus the Vex are inherently more boring to fight than the Hive.

What makes it even worse is that there are apparently only four possible weapon drops, and they drop all the time. After my second completion I had already got like 4 of the same machinegun and 3 of the same scout rifle. Can't see myself playing much of this, except that you need at least 3-4 completions for the weekly bounty. Sigh.

With some luck, there might be a rare exotic drop in there, but I'm not sure it's worth it.

Edited by Malek86 at 22:04:04 05-10-2019
  • SolidSCB 6 Oct 2019 00:53:49 11,576 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Vex Offensive is pretty cool.

Having to wait around and then solo the Gate Lords to unlock it because my instances were devoid of life was not cool.
  • Malek86 6 Oct 2019 08:43:01 8,926 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    The rewards are the biggest issue for me. Not only are the weapon drops always the same, they are also the same weapons that Ikora gives you as bounties.

So you get one of the bounties, which works like the armory weapons - first you need to kill some enemies, then you must forge the weapon by completing a Vex Offensive.

But chances are you'll get the exact same weapon drop during the activity itself, making the bounty pretty redundant. What's the point then? Just for the exp? I suppose that's fine, but my time would be better spent elsewhere.
  • AaronTurner 6 Oct 2019 09:03:59 11,271 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Malek86 wrote:
    I suppose that's fine, but my time would be better spent elsewhere.
    Said every gamer everywhere
  • SolidSCB 6 Oct 2019 11:05:51 11,576 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Malek86 wrote:
    The rewards are the biggest issue for me. Not only are the weapon drops always the same, they are also the same weapons that Ikora gives you as bounties.

So you get one of the bounties, which works like the armory weapons - first you need to kill some enemies, then you must forge the weapon by completing a Vex Offensive.

But chances are you'll get the exact same weapon drop during the activity itself, making the bounty pretty redundant. What's the point then? Just for the exp? I suppose that's fine, but my time would be better spent elsewhere.
    Yeah the only part that doesn't sit right with me is that the vendor rewards are identical to the drops you get in the activity.

I'm guessing the loot will refresh from week to week so we'll see Rocket Launchers, Fusion Rifles etc pop up.

It's main purpose seems to be that it's a clear method of grinding for god roll armour/weapons, which probably isn't that important to the majority of players at the moment, but once we all start reaching the high 900's gives us all an opportunity to easily hunt for the stats and perks we are looking for.

Edited by SolidSCB at 11:06:34 06-10-2019
  • ChiefGB 6 Oct 2019 11:41:32 11,453 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Wow, well that literally just ended (campaign) bungie still canít write for shit it seems. Not the be all and end all, but when the story comes together as well like in taken king,forsaken etc itís even better. At least those had a title credit lol or do we get that at the end of the raid?
  • Malek86 6 Oct 2019 12:10:40 8,926 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    SolidSCB wrote:
    I'm guessing the loot will refresh from week to week so we'll see Rocket Launchers, Fusion Rifles etc pop up.

It's main purpose seems to be that it's a clear method of grinding for god roll armour/weapons, which probably isn't that important to the majority of players at the moment, but once we all start reaching the high 900's gives us all an opportunity to easily hunt for the stats and perks we are looking for.
    I hope it refreshes, but looking at the collection badge screen for the season, that sounds unlikely. The only Vex weapons you need to acquire for the badge are the ones I already got.
  • SolidSCB 6 Oct 2019 12:20:49 11,576 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Yeah, apparently the raid doesn't really do much for the story, which is disappointing.

It's a long season though, and I expect it to eventually open out over time like it did in Forsaken.

I'm glad the Darkness is finally being introduced.
  • cov 6 Oct 2019 15:11:59 1,980 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    I played for 3 more hours before i realised the campaign was over:)
  • ChiefGB 6 Oct 2019 15:18:05 11,453 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I see raids been beaten, donít know when but saw Datto has all the boss vids up.
  • Graxlar_v3 6 Oct 2019 15:23:22 7,937 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @cov Cov, you bought it then?
  • ChiefGB 6 Oct 2019 19:05:39 11,453 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Bloody games got its hooks in me again.
  • SolidSCB 6 Oct 2019 19:06:41 11,576 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Yeah I'm loving this expansion so far I've got to say.
  • Graxlar_v3 6 Oct 2019 19:08:08 7,937 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    SolidSCB wrote:
    Yeah I'm loving this expansion so far I've got to say.
    I simultaneously think it is their worst expansion (campaign is mostly filler - actually expansion is mostly just rehashed stuff) and the best since taken king (as it made destiny, destiny again.
  • AaronTurner 6 Oct 2019 19:19:15 11,271 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Its pretty surprising just how much of the campaign is Destiny 1ís campaign a little bit changed up. It does feel a bit like a rip off. Still, canít say I havenít enjoyed it.
  • Malek86 6 Oct 2019 19:23:43 8,926 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Didn't care much for the campaign, but the Shadowkeep content is great and the Moon is a better location than even in D1. The quests so far have been good as well.

I'm finding the season pass more underwhelming, but considering it was included with the game, no big deal... still, I'll be annoyed if future seasons are equally bite-sized.
  • b-rk 6 Oct 2019 20:15:59 974 posts
    Seen 47 seconds ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    I've been doing strikes solo after finding them utterly shit when played with other people. Fuckin' speed runners. Setting my VPN to Vietnam sees no one else join. Thanks Vietnam. :champ:
  • SolidSCB 6 Oct 2019 20:29:12 11,576 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    To be fair, I think it was a great way of condensing events of D1/2 for the New Light crowd, and we've been given a pretty massive moment in the series with the Darkness finally being directly involved.

How the next few months pans out will determine whether it's been a success or not, but I can't argue with how it has started.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.