Destiny 2 - read first post for clan info Page 210

• SolidSCB 21 Oct 2019 10:37:06 11,728 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I actually find the mechanics quite decent for the new raid, not the best of the series but still pretty good, but I was talking more specifically of the visuals. The Black Garden is a pretty important area within Destiny lore and this is the most we've got to see of it. I think it's by far the most visually striking area we've seen so hopefully they give us an explorable zone not too long from now.
  • WhoIsJohnGalt 21 Oct 2019 11:14:43 162 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    OH MY DAYS!!!! shoulder charge Titans can dooo one!!!!! really ruins iron banner.

Edited by WhoIsJohnGalt at 11:14:54 21-10-2019
  • Malek86 21 Oct 2019 11:22:53 9,126 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I love shoulder charging people in the Iron Banner, but admittedly it's quite easy to counter, and they usually see me long before I have a chance to pull it off. It's only real useful in small or busy maps like Burnout or the Infinite Forest ones. Using the Synthoceps, there's a high chance that I'll win a melee fight anyway, making it less useful since I don't need to sprint for regular melee.

And it's a shame that the shoulder charge ability for Sentinels is stuck to the least useful subclass for PvE. That and there's no void equivalent of Insurmountable Skullfort or Hallowfire Heart to recharge the ability more quickly.

Edited by Malek86 at 11:28:17 21-10-2019
  • WhoIsJohnGalt 21 Oct 2019 11:38:56 162 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    for some reason i just kept tuning corners into shoulder charges. i swear more than 50% of my deaths were shoulder charge ones. grrrrr.
    Also i cant seem to hunter dodge roll through it... i thought you could roll through an attack?
    also P.S. Booooooo @Malek86
  • Malek86 21 Oct 2019 12:03:29 9,126 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @WhoIsJohnGalt you should be glancing at the radar all the time. Not just for shoulder charges, but for everyhing. Try not to get yourself ambushed so easily.

One can partially hide from the radar if they are crouching, but you need to sprint for a short time for a shoulder charge, so that gives them away immediately.

Other than that, I'm probably not the best person to ask for Crucible advice (my KDA is probably not much above 1.0), but shotguns are really good for countering people who might be trying to charge you. Lately I've acquired a taste for sidearms, which are less powerful but also more forgiving, plus they use primary ammo.

Edited by Malek86 at 12:04:48 21-10-2019
  • WhoIsJohnGalt 21 Oct 2019 12:44:37 162 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @Malek86 Hmm not sure radar helped me at all. Have it on constantly, Shoulder charge bros seem to close distance super quick and i can only get 2 shots on em. Yep shotgun would have helped but im doing some exotic quests so needed pulse kills, fusion kills, etc.
    My k/d was mostly round the 1.5+ so not terrible. But i was only 915 so at a big disadvantage. As i climbed to 927 it got better.
    Need my last fix for iron banana tonight before it goes away
  • Malek86 21 Oct 2019 12:50:15 9,126 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @WhoIsJohnGalt yeah, Iron Banner is a pain if you aren't at least 940. I tried at 910 at first, and usually even a shoulder charge wasn't enough to kill an enemy (which leaves you at a big disadvantage).
  • ChiefGB 21 Oct 2019 13:26:21 11,646 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Thereís just so much for me to chase in this game again, itís turning into a crack addiction all over again.
    And itís boosted my neglected characters to a workable state so Iíve a load of supers/hame styles to explore.
    The free version surely gives you so much stuff itís ridiculous really. Then again as a long time player Iíve picked up all the pinnacle and exotic quests that Iím just ticking away at again.
  • WhoIsJohnGalt 21 Oct 2019 15:16:17 162 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    ChiefGB wrote:
    Thereís just so much for me to chase in this game again, itís turning into a crack addiction all over again.
    And itís boosted my neglected characters to a workable state so Iíve a load of supers/hame styles to explore.
    The free version surely gives you so much stuff itís ridiculous really. Then again as a long time player Iíve picked up all the pinnacle and exotic quests that Iím just ticking away at again.
    Yes loads to do now. The first time in D2 ive actually cared about doing the quests and tried to complete everything. Will definitely be working on all the quests i have qued up. Not far from thorn now wooooo.
  • crashVoodoo 21 Oct 2019 19:48:20 6,470 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    @ChiefGB What platform you playing on?
  • ChiefGB 21 Oct 2019 20:11:05 11,646 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @crashVoodoo PS4 main but have base on all.

Edited by ChiefGB at 20:13:02 21-10-2019

Edited by ChiefGB at 20:13:18 21-10-2019
  • Malek86 23 Oct 2019 14:36:05 9,126 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Just got to 950. I guess four weeks was not too bad? I did play a lot, but powerful engrams aren't difficult to get anyway.

Since Bungie doesn't seem to want people to get above 950 with matchmaking, I guess that's my upper limit. Unless they have another Iron Banner with more pinnacle rewards, but we'll be in the next season before long anyway.
  • TitanWarlord93 24 Oct 2019 10:50:57 416 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    What does everyone think of Leviathan's Breath? This is pretty much a sniper disguised as a bow. It can 1 body shot players in PvP.
  • Malek86 24 Oct 2019 12:39:35 9,126 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Never liked snipers in PvP either.

But I think an anti-Unstoppable weapon was sorely needed, so it's good. That means I can now stop all Champions without having to swap weapons or mods.
  • Bichii 24 Oct 2019 13:06:32 2,005 posts
    Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Yeah but it doesn't have loads of ammo and it takes 487 minutes to pull back. It's basically a shit heavy in PvP. Yeah it one hits but nearly all heavy one hits.
  • ozthegweat 24 Oct 2019 17:01:49 2,342 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I just tried (unsuccessfully, thrice) the Arms Dealer strike boss fight for the Leviathan's Breath quest. I don't know if I ever played a more infuriating piece of content in my gaming history.
  • Malek86 24 Oct 2019 17:10:42 9,126 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @ozthegweat I didn't have too much trouble with that, but maybe I just got lucky with the randoms. Are you on PC? I could give you a hand.
  • TitanWarlord93 24 Oct 2019 22:22:21 416 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I got lucky with randoms too. Took us nearly an hour to beat the Arms Dealer strike for the quest and on my first try.
  • SolidSCB 25 Oct 2019 08:53:20 11,728 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    This Arms Dealer Strike is evidence to anyone begging for matchmaking in the higher level Nightfalls or Raids that's it's a fucking terrible idea.

25 minutes I spent hopping around the map waiting for my 2 randoms self-revive timers to refresh so I could then chip away at the boss' health for 30 seconds before having to repeat the cycle over again.

Yeah, once in a while you'll get lucky but for the most part these activities are an awful experience with randoms. Even the hardest matchmade Ordeal is a push, with fireteams either constantly dying or not realising you have to kill ALL champions in the strike to get the good drops at the end and just trying to leg it to the end of the level like they will in a Vanguard playlist.
  • ChiefGB 25 Oct 2019 09:26:18 11,646 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I didnít know this champions thing, also the boss of that strike has always been a bit of a crapshoot at challenging difficulties, the adds are just mental and do a great job of swamping your team, I hate that last arena.
  • SolidSCB 25 Oct 2019 09:33:44 11,728 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    It's a very tough last room and deaths are inevitable, but when your teammates are leaving their orb slap bang in the middle of all the adds all you can do is hop around doing laps until they can revive themselves.

This activity was just about doable but totally on the wrong side of fun. Any activities higher than this NEED a communicative, cooperative team and Bungie do right to not include matchmaking on those.
  • SolidSCB 25 Oct 2019 09:36:04 11,728 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Leviathan's Breath is pretty cool though. Took it into a public event and killed an Arsenal Walker with 1 leg shot and 3 to the body. Nice.
  • ozthegweat 25 Oct 2019 10:22:41 2,342 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Malek86 wrote:
    @ozthegweat I didn't have too much trouble with that, but maybe I just got lucky with the randoms. Are you on PC? I could give you a hand.
    Thanks, but I'm on Xbox. Will try another time.
  • ozthegweat 25 Oct 2019 10:29:50 2,342 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @SolidSCB I disagree. I'm a solo player, and with matchmaking I have at least a chance of completing that step on my own. Providing matchmaking also doesn't affect players who would never use matchmaking for a quest step like this. They can simply form a fireteam as usual and do it by themselves. So I see no disadvantages to offering matchmaking and only advantages.

WRT the part about champions: I wouldn't say that this should be attributed to matchmaking (a private fireteam of 3 could also not know this), but to bad game design. Bungie shouldn't disable matchmaking just because they didn't explain such simple mechanics properly.
  • SolidSCB 25 Oct 2019 10:38:06 11,728 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Like I said, it was just about doable and on that basis it's fine to be matchmade, but it wasn't fun at all. It was a complete chore.

My wider point is that anything much harder than that just isn't feasible in your average random group, so Bungie are right to not include matchmaking in those parts.

I don't really have anyone to play with myself the majority of the time. I've done a handful of Raids and Nightfalls in the 2 years the game has been out, and I know it would be an absolute disaster if they opened those activities up to matchmaking.
  • breakablepants 25 Oct 2019 11:20:54 1,075 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    SolidSCB wrote:
    Like I said, it was just about doable and on that basis it's fine to be matchmade, but it wasn't fun at all. It was a complete chore.

My wider point is that anything much harder than that just isn't feasible in your average random group, so Bungie are right to not include matchmaking in those parts.

I don't really have anyone to play with myself the majority of the time. I've done a handful of Raids and Nightfalls in the 2 years the game has been out, and I know it would be an absolute disaster if they opened those activities up to matchmaking.
    I agree with this. The only thing I would like to see is some kind of balancing or provision for people who are playing solo vs a fireteam. I used to enjoy soloing the Nightfalls back in Y1, but as soon as they introduced the timer mechanism, that killed any ability to creep through on your own (Icebreaker was awesome for this).

I dropped out of Destiny at the end of the last season as I wasn't enjoying the hassle of finding clans and fireteams to play with, as I simply don't have the time to pre-schedule my gaming time. However, the feedback from the new season seems to be pretty positive, so I am never saying never :-)
  • Malek86 25 Oct 2019 11:29:55 9,126 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I must have played at least 20-25 Hero Ordeals since the game started (I know because I already completed Zavala's quest a couple weeks ago) and never had that much trouble. Sometimes it's hard, but never impossible, certainly not as frustrating as you make it out to be. I'm what you'd call a risk-taking player (what with maining a sub-machinegun), and I probably die more often than I'd like, but so do my teammates and we just revive each other, or stay out of trouble when needed.

Maybe i got lucky 20 times in a row, but what are the chances? At this point, I wish we had matchmaking on the 950 one too at least.

Edited by Malek86 at 11:34:50 25-10-2019
  • SolidSCB 25 Oct 2019 11:41:29 11,728 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    The 920 Ordeal is on the same level as the Arms Dealer Strike for the bow at the minute. I haven't failed one either, but it has definitely been made far more frustrating by people either seemingly not knowing simple mechanics, or rushing past champions making the whole thing pointless at the end.

Again, I'm talking about anything harder than that. The 950 one would be a laugh and half matchmade. There's a reason they don't put it in there.
  • Malek86 25 Oct 2019 11:57:04 9,126 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    There doesn't seem to be much difference between 920 and 950. You only get Match Game (which is a pain for sure, but not insurmountable) and locked equipment. That's the only real annoyance, because if someone has the wrong weapons, they won't have a chance to change them. But even then, it sounds well possible to me.

I agree that 980, with extra Champions and level above the hard cap, would be too difficult.

Edited by Malek86 at 11:58:31 25-10-2019
  • b-rk 25 Oct 2019 12:06:36 1,026 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Performance can get pretty rough sometimes fighting those overlord things with other players. It seems much more demanding than anything else in the game. :/

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.